Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Endpoint Encryption tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft BitLocker: Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption vs Microsoft BitLocker

What is Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption?

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption, a full disk, file encryption and data protection that ensures data privacy by encrypting data stored on your endpoints - including PCs, Macintoshes, DVDs, and USB drives, which can easily be lost or stolen. Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption provides the data security with full disk encryption, folder and file encryption, and removable media encryption. It protects data at rest with full disk encryption software, automates data management with self-encrypting hard drives, encrypt data in specific files, shared folders, removable media and set granular policies for device control and data management. A single, well-integrated management console allows to manage the users using the same interface for endpoint protection and other Trend Micro security products. Deploying Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption helps ensure that your data will continue to be protected as your mobile computing devices and organizational needs change.

Download the Endpoint Encryption Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption Customers

Alertboot, Beth Israel Deaconess Care Organization (BIDCO), Bulgarian American Credit Bank, Independent Investigations Office of BC (IIOBC), Rush University Medical Center, United Way of Greater Atlanta

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption pricing:
  • "One of the reasons we decided to go with Trend Micro Endpoint Security is because of its cost effectiveness."

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption Reviews

AA
Network Administrator at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Offers a full path and full description of any compromise to the system that shows you each and every step up to the cabinet-level

• "Endpoint can give you the full details about how the attacker moved into and through your system. That description shows you each and every step up to the cabinet-level."
  • "To improve Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption, the user interface could be somewhat more friendly. It is already friendly, but it can not be approached through to the exact issue and just to give you the full detail of each and every port graphically."

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we are with Trend Micro as an antivirus solution and as our long-term plan to upgrade our solution to cover deep security services. So we plan to have it as not only the antivirus but as a complete endpoint security solution.

Trend Micro has a very good knowledge base. Even with the extensive history of issues available with Microsoft and all the other companies, you will find that the first group to discover and document the issues is Trend Micro. They have a big knowledge base and a big team working to offer this solution. There are a lot of companies available on the market providing similar solutions, but you cannot compare them with Trend Micro as far as depth and disclosure.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature is that they give you the full path and full description of any compromise to the system. For example, if you have a compromised work station, Endpoint can give you the full details about how the attacker moved into and through your system. That description shows you each and every step up to the cabinet-level. The report includes not only the nodes, it goes to the very end of the attack so you can see exactly where it occurs and what changes it has made.

What needs improvement?

To improve Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption, the user interface could be somewhat more friendly. It is already friendly, but it can not be approached through to the exact issue and just to give you the full detail of each and every port graphically.

We are very happy with the product. I have seen a lot of products. They are almost similar, but I believe in the Trend Micro model. I don't know why, exactly, except that I have built some trust in the product because I'm dealing with different endpoint solutions for almost 15 years now. I never faced any issue with a virus in my environment using Endpoint. We are protected at all points, all clean, all the time. No attacks from the outside.

We have been using this solution for almost two years now.

There is no issue with the stability of this product. Even when we do a full survey of your server, you can see that if there has been an attack or any possibility of intrusion. It will detect the problem before it happens.

There is one other very good option that checks for issues with a compromised update and it does this with any update. So let's say Microsoft, released an update, the problem will be located with deep security and it will automatically block whatever issue is there. It is like a pre-check or a precaution before the actual installation.

We have between 150 to 200 users currently using the solution. We are very small because it is a private central office and we have branches. There are a lot of outside offices.

I do not think we are going to increase the usage of Endpoint Encryption right now because we are already covering all the users, even on their own machine. I don't think we have increased the number of users as we are covered and it is expensive to add more.

The technical support for Trend Micro is fortunately only necessary for my central office. We have a dedicated contact with them. Quarterly, someone comes to check and make sure everything is working okay and that we are on the right track. The technical support from Trend Micro is perfect.

Before we changed, we were looking for endpoint protection for the work station and the server. Specifically, we wanted a solution for what they call deep security and we found that in Apex One (advanced automated threat detection). So all these options are available, we'll see how they will fit with our environment and then have running to cover as at all times.

The initial setup was straightforward. In the beginning, we started with our system environment and then we applied it to production. So once you enable the option, your machine is up and protected because all the setup and all of the configurations are out of the box. Maybe there was some customization applied here. It depends on the environment. But the main options function out of the box.

We used a local guy for the deployment. Normally, we deal with the same local company. We prefer to have an engineer helping us out. It is not a matter of not trusting the Trend Micro installation, but we like to know that what we do is correct. We want to be sure that we use the best practices that come from Trend Micro.

I do not handle the contracting part, but normally we go for a 3 to 5-year contract to get a better price over time.

Before Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption we did look at other solutions. I tried looking at Kaspersky and Norton. There really is no comparing them with Trend Micro. They are not serious competitors in my opinion. We made the choice because of technical capabilities. Once you are talking about security, you should be confident in your product and that it can cover your security needs.

What other advice do I have?

We do not use the cloud because we are not that happy with our experience trying to use it. You can call us old school but we are happy to have all our data on-premise.

The advice I would give to others looking into implementing Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption is that I totally recommend that anyone go with Trend Micro. Just go with them because they are very good.

On a scale from one to ten where ten is the best, I would rate this product a ten. I can say 11. I am very happy with the product.

Sanjeet Kumar Bhuyan
Security Consultant and Cybersecurity Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A comprehensive addition to our security solution with good technical support

• "The most valuable feature is the support for email."
  • "It would be great if this solution had support for file integrity monitoring."

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption makes up part of our complete security solution.

We have created some customized policies for our day-to-day applications. We use machine learning plus behavior analysis to track all of the malware and other threats that come in. We do research on them and publish advisories. We then create the list of IoCs for the endpoint, fully with the help of Trend Micro solutions.

We are monitoring the web and also using user-based use cases. If a user is trying to access any malicious sites then it triggers an alert. At this point, we do immediate remediation for that and the system is isolated from the network. With that system out of the way, we can analyze and repair the problem.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the support for email. There is a module called DDEI, the Deep Discovery Email Inspector, which tracks and has the ability to block email. It scans incoming and outgoing emails, including the attachments. One of the new problems is the hiding of malware within fonts, so this solution will scan attached fonts to see if any of them are malicious.

What needs improvement?

There are a couple of bugs in this solution and these are creating a very large transaction log in the database, sometimes reaching 300GB, which is very annoying. It causes the database to get stuck at times.

We are having some challenges with the network configuration and with one hostname, the IPs are getting changed. We have reported this to Trend Micro.

It would be great if this solution had support for file integrity monitoring.

We have been using Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption for more than one and a half years.

This solution is generally stable but there are some bugs that create a lot of messages in the event logs. Even with this, we do believe in this product. In fact, we totally depend on it and we are using it heavily.

This solution is definitely scalable. We have a user base of more than 500 people, and there are about 700 servers. In that group of people, there are perhaps 50 or 60 IT administrators, and the rest of them are end-users.

We have constant communication with technical support because for us, as we are an enterprise account, we have a dedicated technical person with us. Whenever there is a ticket, that person immediately contacts the technical support team.

I have experience using Kaspersky and Trend Micro is easier to implement.

The initial setup is not very complex. It took about three weeks to deploy, then there is some fine-tuning to be done over time.

We were assisted in our deployment by the Trend Micro Professional Support team.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to be prepared to do some fine-tuning. Without fine-tuning, you are never going to get the full benefit from this product.

I am interested in seeing the issues with this solution resolved because it will be a great product that will compete with all of the other solutions out there.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, Broadcom and others in Endpoint Encryption. Updated: September 2021.
541,462 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Abdulla Pathan
Technology Competency and Solution Head at LearningMate
A stable and scalable solution for remotely working in a secure environment

• "The solution enables all the development and technical team members to work from home while, at the same time, ensuring the security of the work environment."
  • "We would like to see a wider, better dashboard for the purposes of monitoring the users of the Trend Micro software."

What is our primary use case?

We utilize the latest version.

It also protects us from cyber attacks and malware.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see a wider, better dashboard for the purposes of monitoring the users of the Trend Micro software. The solution should also send out real-time data. This way, if a user becomes disconnected, the IT members can ensure that the associate, the developers are aware that he is out of the security zone.

We have been using Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption for the last two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have plans to increase its usage.

While I have not personally come across any issues necessitating the help of technical support, it may be worth checking this with the IT team.

The initial setup is easy.

Implementation did not require much effort, only for configuration to be done with the server.

Implementation was done by the central IT team.

One of the reasons we decided to go with Trend Micro Endpoint Security is because of its cost effectiveness. We felt we were getting a bang for our buck.

While we may have evaluated or used other solutions before employing Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption, I cannot recall the names.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is deployed on cloud.

We use the solution for organizational purposes.

There are around 1,000 users making use of it in our organization.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption as a nine out of ten.

HH
Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Offers good inspection and the detection of malware but needs better support

• "Overall, I think that it's very interesting."
  • "In terms of what must be improved, I would say the support, the next feature, and the road map. I think all these must be improved, but the important thing to improve is the support."

What is most valuable?

Over the course of the time I have been using Trend Micro, I would say it is similar to Kaspersky. Overall, I think that it's very interesting, but I wasn't really impressed with the threat protection. For example the threat in the League of Legends for the Cloud.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what must be improved, I would say the support, the next feature, and the road map. I think all these must be improved, but the important thing to improve is the support.

I would like to see next-gen anti-virus included in the next release.

I have been using Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption for one year now.

For the inspection and the detection of malware, it is almost the same as Kaspersky or Symantec. We know they have a module for the use-pack for the malware, to defend from the pack, and I think it's good.

I have been infected with ransomware that they should catch, and if we get infected it must be learning for it to know it is malware. It's just a weakness. It's not so good for catching ransomware. It's someone in Indonesia. The problem is why we're always with the ransomware.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten I would rate Trend Micro Endpoint Encryption a six.

In Indonesia, with our client/our partner, I am hands-on with this solution. Trend Micro, Kaspersky, Symantec, they're all the same. They're really the same technical approach and signature base. It's totally the same for me.

BobenGeorge
Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
All your files can be encrypted and stored in the cloud

What is our primary use case?

There are basically two ways it can be deployed. It can be deployed in the cloud or it can be deployed in your endpoint. All your endpoints can be encrypted in the firewall and all your files can be encrypted and stored in the cloud if it is a cloud deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

It passes your data as encrypted in all of your endpoints so that data is more secure so any threat of theft is minimized.

What is most valuable?

I don't have much in the way of creative experience, but yes it was good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration. More feasible / secure cloud-based solutions need to arrive. I'd like to see better integration with administrative tools & Active Directory integration.

For how long have

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

I don't have much in the way of creative experience, but yes it was good.

What needs improvement?

There are only one or two projects that I have done on Endpoint Encryption. The last time I was working with that was in 2020, so about a year.

We're very satisfied with Trend Micro support.

We work in coordination with Trend Micro itself, so we get advice from them and then implement that. Because it's a big company, they need their direct vendors, contacts, and solutions also.

For the license cases, customers directly contact Trend Micro.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it eight out of 10.

Enayat Galsulkar
Senior Information Security Consultant at Future Telecom
Very good interface; integration and support could be improved

• "Very good interface."
  • "Integration and support could be improved."

What is most valuable?

The interface is a great feature.

What needs improvement?

Improvement of the solution could be made in relation to integration and support. For instance, quarantining endpoints which are reflected into a container, and not allowing the traffic to pass is something that you would expect from integration. It should inform the other devices on the network that there is a malicious endpoint, which has been quarantined. That EDR capability is not there.

I've been using this solution for two years.

It's a stable solution.

This solution is not so scalable. We have a couple of guys who allow the endpoint security to run, they're admins.

We have not had any issues with Trend Micro but we've never raised any case with them. It's very rare that we would need support.

We previously used Symantec as a solution but the product was quite old, and we had a lot of issues because it was slow. Many of the malwares, malicious programs used to run without Symantec informing or alerting that there was an issue.

The initial setup is straightforward - it takes about eight minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution.

I would rate this product a six out of 10.