Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Overview

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Data Loss Prevention tools. It is most often compared to Symantec Data Loss Prevention: Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention vs Symantec Data Loss Prevention

What is Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention?

Now more than ever, your data is on the move—whether it’s on a laptop, flash drive, or moving across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures. At any point along the way, your financial data, customer information, intellectual property, or trade secrets could be lost or stolen. Securing this data is further complicated by several growing risk factors:

Rapidly evolving compliance regulations and mandates, including GDPR
Continued growth of workforce mobility
Employees using their own mobile devices and consumer apps for work
Rising frequency of advanced persistent threats (APTs) and data breach incidents

To avoid the embarrassment, reputation damage, regulatory fines, and revenue loss, today’s enterprise must be able to identify, track, and secure all confidential data from multiple points within the organisation and in the cloud without impacting employee productivity and performance. In the past, many organisations tried traditional data loss prevention (DLP) solutions but found they were too intrusive, too complex to manage, and too costly to acquire, deploy, and maintain.

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention is also known as Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention .

Download the Data Loss Prevention Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Customers

Excite Japan, MEDHOST, United Way of Greater Atlanta, University of Florida at Shands

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

RishiKumar
Owner at RATHORE ENTERPISES
Recovers malware disabled network adapters from servers

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case as the integrator and the reseller of Trend Micro is encryption and data loss prevention. We also use Trend Micro as an antivirus.

• "Trend Micro has improved my client's organization by recovering malware disabled network adaptors from servers."
  • "Trend Micro could be priced better, currently, it's a bit high. And there needs to be better after the sale, technical support."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to others who are looking into implementing this product is that I'm not sure that I will recommend this product. There are a lot of compatible products available in the market. The customer service and technical support are better than Trend Micro. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, I would give Trend Micro a 7 out of 10.
JP
Technical Engineer at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Malware scanning and intrusion detection features enable us to find out who is on our servers and what they have done

What is our primary use case?

We use Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention as a primary solution. We need to monitor and administer user accounts, in certain instances voiding contact as a solution for the flex server. We also use Microsft BitLocker.

• "We find the malware scanning and intrusion detection most valuable for our server management requirements. We can find out who is on our servers and what they have done."
  • "I would like to provide improved network direction in order to regulate all of the user agents. We only use Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention to manage various threats and malicious user agents currently."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise anyone using Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention to ascertain exactly what the departments in their organization are and how many there are in total before launch. This will make the process easier for deployment. Overall, I would rate Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention a nine out of ten. It is good.
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Broadcom, Forcepoint and others in Data Loss Prevention. Updated: June 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ketan_Patel
IT Manager at Birla Century
The licensing and pricing of Trend Micro are comparatively low and competitive since they are offered in a bundle

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is to control and manage the data flow through the main system, along with the logs. We are using the DLP for tracking users' data flow. My company has been using it for over year, but I have been using the solution for four months. We are using the latest version of the solution.

• "We are able to check the log and keep records."
  • "Needs a remote login option."

What other advice do I have?

I seen other companies move from Symantec to Trend Micro in India due to the features that Trend Micro offers.