Trend Micro Mobile Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Mobile Security is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile Data Protection tools. It is most often compared to Lookout: Trend Micro Mobile Security vs Lookout

What is Trend Micro Mobile Security?
Trend Micro Mobile Security Solutions includes Trend Micro Mobile Security for Android and Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS devices that provide advanced comprehensive protection against ransonware, identity theft, phishing scams, fraudulent websites, etc and safeguards your privacy on Facebook and Twitter. It also includes Trend Micro Password Manager software that helps to securely store all passwords and sensitive information, to access them when needed on PCs, Macs, and mobile phones and tablets.

Download the Mobile Data Protection Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Trend Micro Mobile Security Customers
Alertboot, Babou, Ponsse
Trend Micro Mobile Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Mobile Security pricing:
  • "Each license costs about $10/year. It's fairly inexpensive because it's a new product. In Pakistan, no more than two or three companies can apply for mobile protection right now. I don't know if there are ancillary costs above the standard licensing fee."
  • "We have a license that we renew yearly."

Trend Micro Mobile Security Reviews

Irfan-Ullah
Security Engineer at Digit Labs
Heightened mobile protection that is user-friendly and offers lots of custom features

• "The solution offers a lot of custom features."
  • "Sometimes, when generating random numbers to our mobile feed the random number doesn't work. We mainly deal with QR codes because of this. If they could fix the random number generator that would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily implement the solution for our clients and apply it to some mobile drives. We take our IRIS file and connect the solution to our mobile devices so that there's more firm protection.

We have some GPS locations and we can tag devices on the Trend Micro Mobile Protection server. This way, we can find them if they are lost. We can lock the device from our servers. If someone finds anything and tries to take the data, we can block the data or delete it. Also, if there's a hypermobile we can get special permission from our side and add that permission on our server so we can add items onto our SIEM card for mobile protection.

What is most valuable?

The fact that protection is heightened is the solution's most valuable aspect.

You can access your mobile system wherever your mobile is located and you can check the customers that are there.

There are many interesting features, but the most interesting is the ability to flag your system and mobile device from your server.

The solution offers a lot of custom features.

The system is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

I did my first deployment of Trend Micro in 2018 and my second deployment in February of 2019.

The solution is stable.

I have seen other products for mobile protection but I really like Trend Micro because it's different. I can manage my server and my mobile because both are connected to the terminal. It's great.

The solution is scalable. It gives you a lot of features and it is easy to enter any ticket. Anyone can work on it. If he or she has some background in mobile protection, they can easily manage it.

I'm working on the vendor side and we provide support for a government bank in Pakistan. The bank bought a license package of 2,500 but are only using 500 licenses currently, so they can still scale quite a bit when they need to

The technical support for the solution is awesome. When we have to open a case for any user, they do a review of it and give it to the call center for us so that the technical support team can be more efficient in regards to addressing the underlying problem. They handle all of the issues.

I currently also use Kaspersky Security for end-to-end protection. However, I don't use any mobile protection from them. This is the first time that I worked with Trend Micro Mobile Protection.

The initial setup is very simple. We needed a vendor machine solution in 2016. We got two machines that were maybe 16GB RAM or 8GB RAM, depending on the requirements that were needed at the time. With this rather straightforward setup, it was easy to install. After installation, we implemented everything quickly and all the features were available to us. Trend Micro products, all their products, are very user-friendly so everyone can easily manage it.

We deployed multiple products at the time we did the implementation, not just Mobile Security. Our customer on the project was a bank. Due to the fact that it was more than one product, it took some more time. It may have taken two or three days.

I handled the implementation myself but I had some queries which I discussed with Trend Micro. After installation, I discussed some issues with them and consultants and they helped me work through the process. No one else helped me or did the job for me. They just taught me what I needed to do.

I am working in a vendor company that partners with Trend Micro here in Pakistan, so this why we use it.

What other advice do I have?

When we originally deployed the solution it was an old version, however, now we are up to date with the newest version. It may be version 9.5 or 9.6.

I'd recommend the solution because it is so customizable and user-friendly. I'd rate it ten out of ten.

MA
Network & Security Team Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable, seamless, simple, and has good sandbox technology

• "Customer service has been excellent. Trend Micro has very good deals and support - also in the Middle East."
  • "There have been some users who have been complaining about the interface being unfriendly and when the application software is installed on their phone making their mobile slow."

What is our primary use case?

We have had requests from some of our clients that have a bigger mobile environment, where the clients bring their own devices and connect it to the network, and they need access to an encrypted file. Most of the time they use an endpoint encryption mobile device itself and they want to control access for those users. Mostly it is related to the mobile device protection itself which would include the upload and anti-virus. It has to have encryption if there any files being downloaded from the network itself. These are most of the use-cases that we have worked on.

What needs improvement?

From a technical point of view, I don't have much to give in terms of feedback on what could be improved. But there have been some users who have been complaining about the interface being unfriendly and when the application software is installed on their phone making their mobile slow, a little bit laggy. It should be taking less processing. It just depends on the mobile phone.

Apart from this, I haven't seen many use-cases of it being deployed on a large scale. We haven't had the experience of it deployed on a very large scale so I'm not sure how it would perform in that environment, so I can't say anything about this.

I have been using Trend Micro Mobile Security for almost a year and a half or so.

Stability hasn't been an issue because we've had some cases where we had to integrate Micro and another product. It was seamless, no issues, everything works smoothly. Even if it had to work with Trend Micro modules. It was very simple, very straightforward, nothing complex about it.

Customer service has been excellent. Trend Micro has very good deals and support - also in the Middle East, which I know because I am located here in the Middle East. We have most of our clients here in the Middle East. They have a huge presence here, and support has never been an issue for us or for our clients. So support has been good.

Pricing can vary from situation to situation. But to be honest, I don't have much exposure to the prices because I'm mostly looking into the technical part. So I can't give you much about the prices here.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, if I speak specifically about the endpoint protection, I would rate it an eight, because I haven't had much experience working on their other products. But from the perspective of their endpoint protection, their sandbox technology is very nice. So I think it would be eight, overall.

I would strongly want Micro to work on their other products as well, such as Mobile Device Security, because we have had some difficulties introducing this product to other clients who have larger environments. They are not very comfortable opting for Trend Micro, even for IoT security. We have had some clients who are looking for IoT security but they weren't very comfortable going for Trend Micro and are choosing other products because of the use-cases and their strong backing. I believe there are some products which Trend Micro can include besides only endpoint protection, which they are good at it. But on the other hand, their mobile device IOT could be bigger. If they can improve on those, I believe I can give it a nine out of ten, without thinking twice.

Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, Sophos and others in Mobile Data Protection. Updated: October 2021.
542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BobenGeorge
Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to install, scales well, is reliable and has good support

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro Mobile Security is used to filter and protect the environment from dangerous websites, and unsafe networks.

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro Mobile Security is a good solution. It will reduce the vulnerability level for safe browsing.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement in security.

We implemented Trend Micro Mobile Security for a school, nine months ago.

Based on what I have seen to date, Trend Micro Mobile Security is a stable solution.

Trend Micro Mobile Security is a scalable product. I have one customer in our organization who uses this solution. It…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Trend Micro Mobile Security is a good solution.

It will reduce the vulnerability level for safe browsing.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement in security.

We implemented Trend Micro Mobile Security for a school, nine months ago.

Trend Micro Mobile Security is a scalable product.

I have one customer in our organization who uses this solution. It is used in a school.

I have no issues with the technical support from Trend Micro Mobile Security.

It is very easy to install. A link is sent to the devices, the end-user can click on the link and it will install the solution.

We are able to complete the installation ourselves.

We implement products for our customers.

We have a license that we renew yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Trend Micro Mobile Security an eight out of ten.

Kent Lim
IT Manager at Nexus Legend Sdn Bhd
Protects environment against intrusion and other threats

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is the protection of the system environment. It helps prevent intrusion of my system by unknown activities.

What is most valuable?

This solution is able to protect the data, files, and folders that have been hijack or encrypted.

What needs improvement?

This solution is weak and cannot detect the latest ransomware.

I have been using this solution for ten years.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This solution is weak and cannot detect the latest ransomware.

I have been using this solution for ten years.

Product Categories
Mobile Data Protection
Download our free Mobile Data Protection Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, Sophos, and more!