Schedule a 30-minute demo or reference call with a real user from the PeerSpot community. Available only to members that are in a buying process for this product and have contributed a review that's then published.

Trend Micro Web Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Web Security is #5 ranked solution in top Internet Security tools and #10 ranked solution in top Web Security Gateways. IT Central Station users give Trend Micro Web Security an average rating of 8 out of 10. Trend Micro Web Security is most commonly compared to Cisco Umbrella:Trend Micro Web Security vs Cisco Umbrella. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is Trend Micro Web Security?

Whatever your resources and security requirements, dedicated solutions are available to protect your business.

Trend Micro™ Web Security™ Advanced, powered by XGen™, provides you with forward-looking threat protection on web threats, URL filtering, and application control, plus enterprise-grade features, including:

• Sandbox analysis for unknown files
  • Cloud App visibility and access control
  • Data loss prevention

Just need the essentials? Trend Micro™ Web Security™ Standard gives you streamlined protection.

Trend Micro Web Security was previously known as Virus Wall, VirusWall, Trend Micro VirusWall.

Download the Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Trend Micro Web Security Customers

Landwirtschaftskammer Nordrhein-Westfalen, Mosaic Medical, Okinawa Prefectural Education Center, RAK Investment Authority

Trend Micro Web Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro Web Security pricing:
  • "I don't remember the exact pricing, but I think that it is approximately $10.00 per user."

Trend Micro Web Security Reviews

CS
IT Manager at Meriden Public Schools
Machine learning that looks at your activity and provides your devices protection from viruses

• "The most valuable feature is machine learning, which automatically monitors the activity on the machine."
  • "The system should generate reports when an attack has been stopped, contained, or removed."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to prevent our end-users from getting hacked, or getting viruses, ransomware, or any type of malware. The firewall protects information from coming in and the antivirus protects the machine.

How has it helped my organization?

We haven't been hit by any ransomware.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is machine learning, which automatically monitors the activity on the machine.

What needs improvement?

The system should generate reports when an attack has been stopped, contained, or removed. As it is now, if an attack is halted then we don't know about it unless we search through the logs.

I have been using Trend Micro VirusWall for six or seven years.

This solution is stable. It's left a good impression with our company.

I would assume that It's a scalable solution. We have been using it for many years and have not needed to change.

All of our machines and servers have this antivirus on them.

The technical support is fine.

Previously, we have not used another solution. We have been using this one for many years.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward and it took a day or two to deploy.

We only require a couple of hours, by a couple of people, to maintain this solution.

We didn't use an integrator, consultant, or vendor. We did it ourselves.

There are no costs in addition to the licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that you monitor your logs and your reports to see what the system has been doing. Otherwise, you may not know that an attack even happened.

It has just about everything we need at a good value.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

BobenGeorge
Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Secure, reliable, is easy to install and has good technical support

• "The security of Trend Micro Web Security is good."
  • "I would like to see better scalability and better performance."

What is our primary use case?

Trend Micro Web Security is used for web filtering. It protects the environment from web threats and malicious sites.

What is most valuable?

The security of Trend Micro Web Security is good.

What needs improvement?

The ease of use depends on the blacklisting of the sites. Some of the authorized sites have been blacklisted, which requires a request to unblock the site. The process of authorizing sited needs to improve.

The performance could be better. Sometimes the browser hangs. it is possible that the integration in coordination with the browser causes that issue.

I would like to see better scalability and better performance.

We implemented Trend Micro Web Security for a client approximately six months ago. I have been acquainted with it for a couple of months.

Trend Micro Web Security is a stable product, but the web browsers will hang at times.

We have two large company customers.

Trend Micro Web Security is a scalable product but it could be better. I would rate the scalability a seven out of ten.

Technical support is okay, we don't have any issues with the technical support.

The installation is straightforward. It doesn't require a lot.

We have one engineer to implement and upgrade this solution in the client's environment. With the support of their local engineer that they have on-premises, we implement the solution.

We implement products for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. If, however, they are using a different niche and using the other security levels then they don't need to use this product.

I would rate Trend Micro Web Security and eight out of ten.