Trend Micro XDR OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro XDR is the #4 ranked solution in our list of XDR Security products. It is most often compared to CrowdStrike Falcon: Trend Micro XDR vs CrowdStrike Falcon

What is Trend Micro XDR?

AI and expert security analytics
Powerful AI and expert security analytics correlate data from customer environments and Trend Micro’s global threat intelligence to deliver fewer, higher-fidelity alerts, leading to better, early detection.

Beyond the endpoint
Connecting email, endpoint, server, cloud workloads, and networks provides a broader perspective and a better context to identify threats more easily and contain them more effectively.

Complete Visibility
One console with one source of prioritized, optimized alerts supported with guided investigation simplifies the steps to achieving a full understanding of the attack path and impact on the organization.

Trend Micro XDR is also known as Trend Micro XDR for Users.

Download the Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Trend Micro XDR Customers
Unigel, DHR Health,
Trend Micro XDR Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro XDR pricing:
  • "It would be nice if it was a little bit cheaper, but I think it has a fair price. It is comparable to others in the market."
  • "It is costly. It is not that affordable for a small organization. Only big organizations can afford it. It is a new feature that has been added, so its price is fair. Its licensing is probably subscription-based. It is for one or two years."

Trend Micro XDR Reviews

CD
Technical Services Manager at Psitech
Good detection rate, effective, rock-solid, and easy to install and manage

• "Its detection rate is valuable. It is really an easy product to install and manage. It is quite effective at what it does, and if needed, it can also be co-managed, which means 24 hours and seven days a week monitoring through a SOC."
  • "There isn't a lot I'd do to change it. The web interface could be improved to sort of make it a little easier to manage multiple clients out of one location. It could also be made a bit easier to sort of manage the licensing side of it."

What is our primary use case?

It is for endpoint protection. It is essentially a modern updated version of antivirus that has more heuristic and behavioral detection components.

We are using its latest version. In terms of deployment, it is a combination of cloud and on-premises. There is a local install on the endpoints, but it is controlled through a cloud interface.

What is most valuable?

Its detection rate is valuable. It is really an easy product to install and manage. It is quite effective at what it does, and if needed, it can also be co-managed, which means 24 hours and seven days a week monitoring through a SOC.

What needs improvement?

There isn't a lot I'd do to change it. The web interface could be improved to sort of make it a little easier to manage multiple clients out of one location. It could also be made a bit easier to sort of manage the licensing side of it.

In terms of additional features, probably the only thing would be a rollback function. They are actually working on it because they're halfway there with it.

It is a new product. We have been using it since they released it. It has probably been about 6 to 12 months.

It is a very good product. I've been working with Trend Micro as a company for probably 20 years. Their products are pretty rock solid.

It is easy to scale. We've got about 150 or 200 endpoints at the moment.

I have contacted their support, and they are very good. Their response time is quick.

It is very straightforward to install. It is pretty clear, and it takes a couple of minutes per device. You can automate that process of rollout as well.

Because it was a new product, I reached out and spoke with technical and obviously salespeople and so on within the company to do some basic training and get my head around it to be able to deploy it. I could've researched that myself, and it would've been fairly easy, but I chose to sort of speak to my company rep and so on. He organized a bunch of short get-togethers with some of their technical staff, which was useful.

It would be nice if it was a little bit cheaper, but I think it has a fair price. It is comparable to others in the market.

What other advice do I have?

It is basically Trend Micro's response to other products in the market such as SentinelOne and so on. I don't know how it stacks up against SentinelOne and others, but I suspect that it is sort of right up there.

Trend Micro is a very large company. They put a lot of money into the development of their products and so on. I would recommend it to others, and I have already been recommending it to others because our clients pretty much are on Trend Micro products. So, there would be legacy ones. To those who are coming for renewal, I recommend moving to XDR.

I would rate Trend Micro XDR about a nine out of 10.

BobenGeorge
Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Provides amazing capability to trace an attack back and has good performance, stability, and scalability

• "It has the feature to track an attack back. If there is an incident or an attack occurs, you can get a bird's eye view of that attack. You can see how the attackers came in and how they managed the attack. You can trace an attack. If you are giving a presentation to the management, you can easily show it to them in a live environment how the attackers came, which is amazing."
  • "It should integrate with more tools. There are a lot of tools that can do the PTP dump."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for protection and tracking back an attack. It can be deployed on-prem or on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

It has the feature to track an attack back. If there is an incident or an attack occurs, you can get a bird's eye view of that attack. You can see how the attackers came in and how they managed the attack. You can trace an attack. If you are giving a presentation to the management, you can easily show it to them in a live environment how the attackers came, which is amazing.

What needs improvement?

It should integrate with more tools. There are a lot of tools that can do the PTP dump.

We have been providing this solution for almost a year.

Its stability is good. Its performance is also good.

Its scalability is good. Currently, we have only one major customer who is using this solution.

Their technical support is fine.

It is straightforward.

Its implementation is done based on the discussions with the customer. For the implementation part, one or two people are enough.

It is costly. It is not that affordable for a small organization. Only big organizations can afford it. It is a new feature that has been added, so its price is fair.

Its licensing is probably subscription-based. It is for one or two years.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good solution. It is a new product in the market, so you cannot compare it with many products.

I would rate Trend Micro XDR a nine out of 10.

Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, Cynet and others in Extended Detection and Response (XDR). Updated: October 2021.
542,608 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Rohit Singla
Security Professional at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable with good endpoint features and helpful technical support

• "We've found the pricing to be reasonable."
  • "The solution lacks compatibility with other products. It needs to integrate better with other surrounding solutions."

What is most valuable?

The endpoint features are excellent.

The email capabilities are great.

The stability of the product is quite good.

Technical support has been pretty helpful.

We've found the pricing to be reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The reporting could be better. We've had some reporting issues in the past. It would be ideal if they could improve it and make it more robust.

I've been using this solution for more than two and a half years at this point.

We've found the stability to be reliable. There aren't issues with bugs or glitches. I haven't found that the product freezes or crashes. It's been pretty good.

The scalability is excellent. If an organization needs to expand the solution they can do so with relative ease.

We've been very satisfied with technical support. They've been responsive and know the solution quite well.

We did not previously work with other similar solutions before using Trend Micro. This is the first product we've used in this way.

The initial setup is not complex. It's pretty straightforward.

The pricing is quite good. It's not too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner. We have a business relationship with Trend Micro.

I'd advise other organizations to try it out. It's a good, solid product. We've been quite pleased with the overall results.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd give it an eight.

Download our free Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Microsoft, Cynet, and more!