Tricentis NeoLoad OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Tricentis NeoLoad is #5 ranked solution in top Load Testing Tools and #6 ranked solution in top Performance Testing Tools. IT Central Station users give Tricentis NeoLoad an average rating of 8 out of 10. Tricentis NeoLoad is most commonly compared to Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional:Tricentis NeoLoad vs Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Tricentis NeoLoad?

The NeoLoad load and performance testing tool for web and mobile apps realistically simulates user activity and monitors infrastructure behavior to eliminate bottlenecks. It covers all performance testing from component and automated tests to system-wide hybrid-cloud load tests.

Tricentis NeoLoad is also known as NeoLoad, Neotys NeoLoad.

Tricentis NeoLoad Buyer's Guide

Download the Tricentis NeoLoad Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Tricentis NeoLoad Customers

Dell, H&R Block, Best Buy, Orange, Verizon Wireless, ING, Mazda, Siemens, University of Oxford

Tricentis NeoLoad Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Tricentis NeoLoad pricing:
  • "Its licensing cost is very less."
  • "Licensing for NeoLoad is subscription-based."

Tricentis NeoLoad Reviews

Patrik Badkar
Technical Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good licensing cost, user-friendly, and makes it easy and quick to create scripts

• "The licensing cost is very less for NeoLoad. It is user-friendly and easy to understand because they have created so many useful functionalities. When I started working with this tool, we just had to do the initial assessment about whether this tool will be able to support our daily work or not. I could easily understand it. I didn't have to search Google or watch YouTube videos. In just 15 to 20 minutes, I was able to understand the tool."
  • "LoadRunner supports multiple protocols, whereas NeoLoad supports only three protocols. With NeoLoad, we can go for the SAP technology, web-based HTTP, and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). If I have to simulate .NET application-based traffic, I won't be able to do that. So, protocol support is a limitation for NeoLoad. It should support more protocols."

What is our primary use case?

We used it for putting the load on the system. For example, for a big sale of an online marketplace, we created the scripts with performance testing tools such as Neotys and LoadRunner. We used to search for a product and add it to the cart. We used to capture all this traffic through these tools, and then, we used to do the real-time testing. So, we used to simulate the real-world user scenario. For example, if the company was expecting around 20,000 users on a specific day, we used to simulate the volume of 20,000 users on the application.

The deployment model depends on a client's requirements and licensing. If we have a sufficient budget, we always go for the SaaS model. If we have a limitation of licensing, then we prefer to go for on-premises deployment. We usually need to get support from the admin team to set up everything. We used to take care of this aspect so that the support team will be able to do things on our behalf, such as setting up things in their environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We can quickly do scripting with NeoLoad, which makes it easier to give timelines and meet them. We can easily tell a client that within this much time, we can provide the end-to-end scripts, and we'll be able to do the execution along with all the activities.

What is most valuable?

The licensing cost is very less for NeoLoad. It is user-friendly and easy to understand because they have created so many useful functionalities. When I started working with this tool, we just had to do the initial assessment about whether this tool will be able to support our daily work or not. I could easily understand it. I didn't have to search Google or watch YouTube videos. In just 15 to 20 minutes, I was able to understand the tool.

We can easily do scripting with NeoLoad. We just have to understand the basic functionality to create a script. There is not that much effort that we have to put in. If I have to transfer knowledge to a new person or a beginner, he will also be able to pick it up quickly.

What needs improvement?

LoadRunner supports multiple protocols, whereas NeoLoad supports only three protocols. With NeoLoad, we can go for the SAP technology, web-based HTTP, and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). If I have to simulate .NET application-based traffic, I won't be able to do that. So, protocol support is a limitation for NeoLoad. It should support more protocols.

One issue that we faced was that multiple users weren't able to work on the same application. We used to create multiple scripts based on the application and based on the projects, and then we used to integrate all of them in a single place. With NeoLoad, if you have to do this activity, to import a script, one user has to log off, and the second user has to copy the script and improve it, which is a time-consuming activity. These are the things that can block any further activity.

I have been working with this solution for 18 months.

I would rate it a nine out of 10 in terms of scalability. It is currently being used extensively. My organization is huge, and we have an employee count of more than 300,000. I wouldn't be able to provide the exact count, but for my project, 20 people are using this tool.

They usually clarify any queries or issues within three hours. They usually come back to us within three hours, which is as per our SLA, so that's good. I would rate them an eight out of 10.

Previously, we were using Micro Focus LoadRunner Enterprise. It is still in use. We haven't completely removed it. We switched because of the licensing and the time taken to create a script.

Neotys has taken some references from LoadRunner to create NeoLoad. So, in terms of functionality, NeoLoad and LoadRunner are quite the same.

The licensing cost of NeoLoad is lesser than LoadRunner. LoadRunner supports a higher number of protocols than NeoLoad. LoadRunner has more protocols for interacting with the application than NeoLoad. So, there are multiple things that we can simulate with LoadRunner, such as a desktop application or traffic for a banking domain.

If I have to create a script in LoadRunner, it usually takes around six hours, but if I do the same thing in Neotys, it usually takes around one and a half hours to complete everything. So, we can provide a deadline for deploying a script. Time is money, so NeoLoad is better in terms of time.

It is straightforward. You don't need much understanding from the installation perspective. You just need to download the .exe and install it. You just need the license, and if you are going for the trial version, you just upload the license. If you are going for a business license, you just have to tie up with them and reach an agreement. That's it.

It is a one-day thing. One day is enough to complete the installation and the setup.

It was an in-house job. In terms of maintenance, we usually have an admin team and a security team to put patches, etc.

Its licensing cost is very less.

What other advice do I have?

If you are dealing only with web HTTP, you can definitely go ahead with this solution because time is money.

I would rate NeoLoad an eight out of 10.

RajaRao
Associate at Tech Mahindra Limited
Offers excellent support and the pricing is reasonable but it has a few glitches

• "The stability is okay."
  • "LoadRunner offers a full protocol, whereas, with this product, only a few of the protocols are supported - not all."

What is most valuable?

The support is very good. They have excellent community support.

The pricing is pretty good.

The stability is okay.

What needs improvement?

There are still some glitches that they need to improve. We have given support feedback as well when we have some issues. They're very responsive and they do work to fix and improve issues.

LoadRunner offers a full protocol, whereas, with this product, only a few of the protocols are supported - not all.

I've used the solution for five years.

We do occasionally deal with glitches. The previous versions are very stable. The newer versions have some glitches and sometimes it hangs, however, for the most part, it's okay.

There are issues around some protocol settings, like when we use encryption. When a person uses the banking application, the user and password are encrypted. We have issues with the encryption protocol. Lately, some settings may have changed and it seems to be working.

While it's a good solution, I cannot speak to the scalability.

The community support is good. Whenever we have an issue, they provide support to resolve it. If we need information about features, they help. Support is very good.

We use the solution as projects demand. We are a consulting company. Whatever the client has already purchased, we will use that. We work with all kinds of tools.

I don't have any details related to ROI.

I'm not exactly sure what the pricing is as it differs from client to client.

That said, LoadRunner is expensive and NeoLoad is less expensive whereas JMeter is free.

I'm familiar, for example, with LoadRunner. When you compare this with Load Runner, Load Runner is the best tool as it, number one, is very user-friendly when compared with the NeoLoad. It also supports the protocols. It is very mature, so people are very comfortable with it. The monitoring is good, and it has a lot of good features.

NeoLoad will not support all the protocols and it's not as user-friendly as LoadRunner. I use LoadRunner more than NeoLoad, and therefore am more comfortable with it.

I also am familiar with JMeter, which is an open-source option and therefore a free tool. In comparison, NeoLoad is a big tool and JMeter is quite small. With NeoLoad, you can get all kinds of reports, flexible reports and you can customize the reports as well. We can drill down on the reports if we want. That's not possible in JMeter.

What other advice do I have?

NeoLoad is a good tool for banking or telecom applications. When compared with the LoadRunner, NeoLoad will support almost all necessary features including reporting. It is a good tool.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a six out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Tricentis NeoLoad. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MarkusBonner
Release Test Manager at a tech company with 201-500 employees
Easy to build test cases, good stability and good scalability

• "The test cases are quite easy to build and to maintain. This is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us. It's the reason why they changed from JMeter to NeoLoad."
  • "Sometimes it's complicated to maintain the test cases. It's much easier than in JMeter, however. I'm not sure if this depends so much on NeoLoad, or is more based on the environment that we are testing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for load testing. Our focus is not so much performance testing. We focus more on load testing, which does inadvertently include performance testing, however.

What is most valuable?

The test cases are quite easy to build and to maintain. This is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us. It's the reason why they changed from JMeter to NeoLoad.

What needs improvement?

Overall, we're quite satisfied with the product.

Sometimes it's complicated to maintain the test cases. It's much easier than in JMeter, however. I'm not sure if this depends so much on NeoLoad, or is more based on the environment that we are testing.

I've been using the solution for about a year now.

The stability of the solution has been good, or at least good enough for our purposes. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches so far. We also haven't had any crashes that would lead us to believe the solution isn't sound.

The scalability has so far fit our needs. We haven't had any issues expanding as required.

We currently have three people actively working on the solution. They are all testers.

The technical support is very good. Whenever we have needed something, they've provided support without us having to worry or wonder about if we'd get a response. Either they would send someone or help us remotely or the partner that they recommended to us (during the implementation process) helped us very quickly. The support has met our expectations so far and we're satisfied with their level of support.

We previously used Apache JMeter. We switched because test cases were easier to build on this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward for us. However, we did have assistance with the process, and that made it easier.

We got someone from Neotys to help us find someone to help assist us. They recommended a partner to help us to set it up right very quickly. We ordered the assistance suggested and we signed the contract on a Friday evening. We got the first report from NeoLoad the following Tuesday evening. We were quite satisfied with the assistance we received. It made the setup process quite easy.

What other advice do I have?

We have pretty close to the latest version of the solution but are currently trying to make an upgrade.

I can recommend that product. I'd also recommend that new or potential users do some training. It's a good idea to use experienced partners or consultants to assist with the initial setup.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

JB
Director, IT DevOps & Quality Engineering at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Flexible to use and straightforward to implement

• "The most valuable feature is flexibility, as it connects to all of the endpoints that we need it to."
  • "Most people focus on HTTPS or TCP, but it would be good to have support for a variety of different protocols."

What is our primary use case?

We use this tool for load testing on web-browser based APIs.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The price of this solution could be reduced to make it more competitive.

We would like to see more focus on support for other types of endpoints. Most people focus on HTTPS or TCP, but it would be good to have support for a variety of different protocols.

We have been using NeoLoad for about six months.

We have experienced no issues in terms of stability.

Scalability has not been a problem for what we use.

There are probably five users, including performance engineers and performance architects. It is only being used in one portfolio area right now, but we plan to expand our usage.

I don't have any experience with technical support.

We are currently using RadView WebLOAD in addition to Neotys NeoLoad. I am in the process of determining whether we should standardize on one tool, and choosing the one that makes the most sense, or continue to use both of them.

The reason we started working with NeoLoad is that it was a carryover from another site that I was working on. I was looking to see if there was an opportunity.

The subscription pricing of NeoLoad is higher than RadView WebLOAD.

The initial setup is straightforward. Integration with our environment was seamless.

Maintenance is minimal and can be done with one person.

Licensing for NeoLoad is subscription-based.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing NeoLoad is to first understand the technical requirements. Also, it is important to make sure that you have access to the endpoints that you want to load-test on.

Overall, it seems like a good product.

GN
Performance Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly, good reporting, and integrates well with other solutions

What is our primary use case?

We use NetLoad for two different types of testing. We use it for load testing and automation testing. We use it test out the user experience.

What is most valuable?

NeoLoad can be integrated with Selenium for testing the user interface and user experience. The scripting is really user-friendly and the reporting is very good. It supports regular expressions that help us to correlate things. NeoLoad integrates well with other solutions.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for auto-correlations.

I have been using Neotys NeoLoad for three years.

What is most valuable?

NeoLoad integrates well with other solutions.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for auto-correlations.

I have been using Neotys NeoLoad for three years.

This is a stable solution from what I know. The frequency in which it is used depends on the project and the client.

We have 50 people who are licensed and using this solution.

The technical support is good.

I also have experience with Apache JMeter.

The implementation is easy. It is just about downloading the application and there are three modules to install and configure, including the monitoring, the agents, and the controller.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a solution that I recommend.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Anuradha Mankhair
Automation Test Engineer and Team Lead at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Simple front end and good UI; skilled technical support was lacking

• "Very easy to use the front end and the UI is very good."
  • "Support wasn't able to solve a technical issue."

What is our primary use case?

We were customers of NeoLoad and I'm an automation test engineer and team lead.

What is most valuable?

I do like this tool, it's very easy to use the front end and the UI is very good. It's also simple for anyone who doesn't have a technical or coding background. I liked that we could record the script and use it multiple times.

What needs improvement?

Our issues with the solution were related to the license and the support. We had a technical issue related to our software and they weren't able to solve the problem.

We used this solution for 18 months.

I don't find this to be such a stable product because our requirements mean we need to be able to change the script on a monthly and sometimes weekly basis.

The support is not great - they don't respond in a timely way.

We purchased a two-year license but broke the contract after 18 months.

What other advice do I have?

We're currently looking for a NeoLoad alternative. I prefer dynamic tools because we should be able to change the script and NeoLoad didn't allow us to do that. I'm looking for a tool that will allow for a weekly or monthly script change and provide us with the ability to update whatever has been recorded.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.