Tricentis qTest OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Tricentis qTest is #3 ranked solution in top Quality Management Tools. IT Central Station users give Tricentis qTest an average rating of 8 out of 10. Tricentis qTest is most commonly compared to Tricentis Tosca: Tricentis qTest vs Tricentis Tosca.Tricentis qTest is popular among Large Enterprise, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on IT Central Station. The top industry researching this solution is Computer Software Company, accounting for 32% of all views.
What is Tricentis qTest?

Tricentis is the global leader in enterprise continuous testing, widely credited for reinventing software testing for DevOps, cloud, and enterprise applications. The Tricentis AI-based, continuous testing platform provides a new and fundamentally different way to perform software testing. An approach that’s totally automated, fully codeless, and intelligently driven by AI. It addresses both agile development and complex enterprise apps, enabling enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation by dramatically increasing software release speed, reducing costs, and improving software quality.

Tricentis qTest is also known as qTest.

Tricentis qTest Buyer's Guide

Download the Tricentis qTest Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Tricentis qTest Customers

McKesson, Accenture, Nationwide Insurance, Allianz, Telstra, Moët Hennessy-Louis Vuitton (LVMH PCIS), and Vodafone

Tricentis qTest Video

Archived Tricentis qTest Reviews (more than two years old)

QA Expert with 10,001+ employees
Agile Lifecycle Testing, Requirements Management, And Mapping To Test Cases

What is most valuable?

Provides agile lifecycle testing, requirements management, and mapping to test cases. Simple interface and good reporting. Good integration with JIRA. Importing and exporting artifacts is quite easy. Also, some automation integration with popular test frameworks to provide true end-to-end test case execution.

How has it helped my organization?

Organization was managing test cases using Excel, so bringing in any tool was helpful indeed. But in addition, this tool allows greater requirements and coverage tracking. Integration with automation allows testers to initiate test cases from the test case management tool itself with no additional work to mark results explicitly in the management tool.

What needs improvement?

There is some room for improving the documentation for the APIs that they expose. It is limited and requires some trial/error to figure out.

15 months.

Not so far.

Not so far.

Good. Eight out of 10.

Used Excel for test case management and evaluated open source TestLink for some time. Being an open source tool it did not have many features. Used Rational Quality Manager in previous organization but it did not have as much third party tool integration options or automation integration

Deployed on Cloud. Using it as a service. So no comments on setup but configuration needed for our organization and projects was fairly simple.

I can't comment, I wasn't involved.

I can't comment, I wasn't involved.

What other advice do I have?

It's quite easy to use and integrate with any popular tools you might already be using. Would definitely recommend.

it_user589632
Sr. Portfolio Manager - Testing at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Ensures proper test coverage and test status tracking. The graphical reports need to be improved.

What is most valuable?

The test repository, requirement traceability matrix, test execution and reports are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

It is the single source for repository and traceability. This ensures proper test coverage and test status tracking.

What needs improvement?

The graphical reports, API integration with the customized automation test tools and support for the same need to be improved.

I have used this solution for around two months.

There were no stability issues.

There were no scalability issues.

The technical support is good.

We were not using any other solution before.

The setup was straightforward, but we have yet to use the automation integration.

The pricing can be still competitive.

We evaluated the Hiptest solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good test management tool, but you need to watch out for the price aspect and the test harness automation integration of the tool.

Product Categories
Test Management Tools
Download our free Tricentis qTest Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.