Tufin SecureCloud Overview

Tufin SecureCloud is the #7 ranked solution in our list of Container Security Solutions. It is most often compared to Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks: Tufin SecureCloud vs Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks

What is Tufin SecureCloud?

Tufin SecureCloud revolutionizes cloud security. Companies no longer need to compromise agility for security. Leverage SecureCloud’s policy-centric automation-based approach to secure your journey to the cloud. Gain confidence knowing your cloud-native, hybrid cloud, and Kubernetes applications are properly configured and secure.

Tufin SecureCloud is also known as Tufin Orca.

Download the Container Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Tufin SecureCloud Customers

AT&T, BlueCross BlueShield, BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank, IBM

Tufin SecureCloud Video

Ignitius Molepo
Senior IP Network Defense at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Offers good recommendations on how to improve security but its support is lacking

What is our primary use case?

I'm using the Fortinet firewalls, so I need the firewall manager tool to manage those files, together with the FortiManager. The Tufin guys provided a solution for our data center where we have a box server, which was specifically developed for Tufin. It would run the scan on the network, get to the firewall, or go to the router, run the scan and give me the compliance, and then send it to me. Then I get a report from there.

• "The features I have found most valuable are its capability to check on the firewall and the routers. Afterwards it checks out all the configs, checks the vulnerabilities, checks the risks - it checks everything that may end up causing our router to be compromised. At the end it recommendations what we should do."
  • "The two main negative points with Tufin Orca are the absence of full support and that accommodation of files and tools is not provided in a good way."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Tufin Orca a five. I would recommend it only if the organization has the skills and enough requirements so that they are able to run it. It is a very good tool when you use it because it basically gives you what you want. It is just hard in terms of support, patching, and upgrading. Overall, it's challenging if you don't have the skills or resources. This product will work for those organizations that have the knowledge of how to install the solution.
IS
Security Operations Engineer at a security firm with 201-500 employees
Quantifies and reduces many risks and eliminates traffic between different zones

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is fo the security of our medical facility. We have a lot of holes in the firewall and we wanted to see the details. For example, we see a lot of traffic between the different zones that we needed to reduce. So we use the solution to eliminate this traffic. It also allows us to have a lot of optimization rules for a good switching policy in the firewall. It can quantify and reduce a lot of risks.

• "I like the deployment and management of this solution."
  • "In the next release I would like to see better migration in the Cloud because that will allow more visibility in the network."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I think it's a good solution to have. It is good to know what this solution does in the network. You can have a lot of training on it and see a lot of questions from different users in the company. On a scale of one to ten, I would rate it an eight.
Find out what your peers are saying about Tufin, Palo Alto Networks, Tigera and others in Container Security. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ignitius Molepo
Senior IP Network Defense at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
A powerful tool for ensuring compliance, but it is difficult to implement and the support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We also use it ourselves. We have this solution installed in our data center, where we have a box specifically for Tufin. It scans our network, looks at the firewalls and the routers, assesses compliance and sends me a report.

• "The most valuable feature is the compliance check and the recommendations that it makes."
  • "My worry with Tufin is that it cannot connect to Fortinet, which is what I want to do."

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I would recommend, but only in cases where the organization has the skills. I would rate this solution in the middle because it meets my requirements, it is a very good tool, and it immediately gives you what you want. At the same time, when it comes to the support, setting it up, and upgrading it, it is challenging if you don't have skilled resources. I would rate this solution a five out of ten.