Tyk Overview

Tyk is the #15 ranked solution in our list of top API Management tools. It is most often compared to WSO2 API Manager: Tyk vs WSO2 API Manager

What is Tyk?
Tyk is an open source API Gateway that is fast and scalable, an API management platform featuring an API gateway, analytics, developer portal and dashboard. Available in three flavours to best suit your architecture and governance. We offer full cloud or on-premises options, and the best of both worlds with our unique hybrid model. www.tyk.io
Tyk Buyer's Guide

Download the Tyk Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Tyk Customers
Trip Advisor, Juniper Networks, AT&T

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Tyk pricing:
  • "The price is low compared to other products of a similar type."
  • "There are different versions and plans available depending on the requirements, so there is flexibility in terms of the pricing."

Tyk Reviews

archisol67
Solution Architect (Africa Regions) at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jul 23, 2019
An inexpensive integration solution that needs more time to develop as a mature product with better brand recognition

What is our primary use case?

What we have been trying to do is reveal APIs for some businesses that we're trying to create that still use some of our legacy platforms and incorporate the newer technologies that we're trying to bring on.

• "It is a good product for API management."
  • "It is a young product and does not have the kind of brand recognition that would make it a more popular solution with our clients."

What other advice do I have?

In rating the product overall, I'll give it a seven out of ten. They could really improve on recognition of their brand name, their marketing and their overall appearance in the market.
Jun Hwang
Director at funlab inc
May 5, 2020
Deployment is easy and fast, and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Tyk is one of the solutions that we implement for our customers. It is an API gateway and management system that is the single entry point for all of the microservices.

• "The most valuable feature is the load balancing with the circuit-breaker function."
  • "Sometimes when new features are released, they are not immediately stable."

What other advice do I have?

Our customers are happy with the features and performance, and I have not heard any complaints with respect to technical support. Tyk only has a single product, so the length of time between updates is really short. For example, if there is a change in a security specification then they catch up quickly. Overall, this is a good product but they could improve in terms of stability and performance with new updates that are released. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Tyk, Google, WSO2 and others in API Management. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kamal Doukali
Lead Developer at Eolia Software
Jul 18, 2019
Enables us to manage our security and offers us all of the functionalities to manage our APIs

What is our primary use case?

I am a back and front end developer and I have a great experience with Tyk Management. We mainly use it to manage our APIs. We have API introductions for our customers.

• "The feature I find most valuable is that this solution allows us to manage our security."
  • "I would like to see some additional features like having some extensions for .NET core because we use it for our back-end language."

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this solution a nine out of ten. If they add extensions for back-end development, I will give a rating of ten.