UiPath Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of UiPath competitors and alternatives
Head Transformer at FLSmidth
Sep 24, 2019
Has the ability to customize and build out the platform to make it more useful and valuable
What is our primary use case?We've done a lot of automation with the product in the last two years. We started with accounts receivable processes in finance. I would say like AR function is one of the most mature functions in the product right now because we almost automated all the aspects of accounts receivable. We have also started looking at automating the accounts payable process as well. I've only mentioned finance at this point, but we also have done a lot of automation with IT, as well as with procurement. Right now the penetration is higher with the support functions but we are also looking at different ways to… more »
Pros and Cons
- "The ability to create automation itself is a benefit that reduces human error and enhances efficiency. Technical support is unsurpassed."
- "It is difficult to learn all the possibilities that the product and automation itself offer."
What other advice do I have?If I were to rate this product on a scale of one to ten where ten is the best, I would definitely rate them nine. It is not a ten because of what may be my ignorance of the entire Automation Anywhere platform. Probably I'm not aware or don't know the complete suite of assets. I'm not in a position to rate it a ten. To rate Automation Anywhere a ten means I should have complete knowledge of the product and I am sure there are things I have not yet explored. As far as advice, the normal tendency — and the mistake often made by organizations — would be to commit at the time of vendor selection by…
Operations Consultant at LTCG
Aug 8, 2019
Process Discovery gives us a framework and outline on how to make automation work from end-to-end
What is our primary use case?We use it for rapid process automation, but we also have Process Discovery. We use it for billing and collections, business administration, and insurance.
Pros and Cons
- "We use PowerBuilder as our application building codex. Kryon adds flexibility when we have the functionality of SQL, where we can take sets of data out of the back-end and run complex computations or do a bunch of data validations inside the wizard. It can save us sometimes dozens of steps, then if we were to try and do those same reviews using the user interface completely. The balance that we get from using Kryon RPA, alongside being able to screen scrape and frequent screen, gives us an advantage that we haven't had previously with any of our other attempts at robotic process automation."
- "We would like to see having a little more specific documentation, or some of the examples be easier to find. One of the big things that we get directed to now is the Kryon Community page, but a lot of that wasn't in existence or publicized when we started doing our training and education. Now, we're stumbling through using it. For the majority of the time, we have either had to try and interpret what the instructions meant or do a service desk ticket."
What other advice do I have?Understand that you need to have a very well-documented framework of what you plan to automate. Not necessarily the idea of, "I want to automate this task." But, as a company, don't be narrow-minded to believe that these are the only tasks that we can automate. You'll find that there are a lot of groups which are doing things that you may not know of that you can automate very quickly. Be very open-minded when you start working with the solution, because you'll find that a lot more doors are open than you originally anticipated. As with anything in software suites, you are always going to have…
Senior Business Analyst and Consultant at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Dec 21, 2020
A valuable enterprise-level tool with the highest level of security, good scalability, and an option to code separately and write a script
What is our primary use case?Our use cases are account receivables and account payable. In insurance, our use cases are for vetting beneficiaries, upgrading client portfolios, and updating customer's policies.
Pros and Cons
- "The entire tool is valuable because it is an enterprise tool. It is on par with other tools like Automation Anywhere or UiPath with the OCR/ICR facilities, analytics, and the entire package for enterprise-level security. It has the highest level of security as compared to any other tool."
- "There are a lot of things coming up, such as Discovery Bot and Process Discovery. A lot of other aspects are also maturing. We have definitely started using it for our clients, and it is maturing as a solution, but it is all about how you integrate the enterprise with all the automation projects, such as your chatbot, Conversational AI, and robotics. How they are integrated and talk to each other creates a very good business case with all three aspects. The next level should be about integrating it with other automation tools as well. It can have integration with other tools or automation projects, such as your chatbot, Conversational AI, and robotics."
What other advice do I have?You should suggest a tool only after you study the architecture of an enterprise. Every tool has its own features, upside, and downside. It is not about necessarily going for Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, or UiPath. For implementing a solution, you definitely need to look in the market to find out what suits you. You can then go for it. Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, or UiPath are on par. There is not much difference in those tools at an enterprise level. The early development cost and the cost of the platform differ in these three tools. There are some clients who say that "We want only…
Head of Intelligent Automation - Africa Regions at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Aug 2, 2020
Enables us to serve various automation needs as both tech and business users
What is our primary use case?We are using WorkFusion as our enterprise RPA solution at this time to help us deploy some automation. It is a hybrid-based installation. Eventually, we are going to try to move everything to the cloud. Some of our customers are dealing with transactions, trader solutions, governance compliance needs, and other special cases so it is not totally possible to go totally on the cloud at this time. There are also clients who deal with things like a KYC (Know Your Customer) type solution, and then a few operational needs like ATM reconciliation and financial revenue reconciliation. The regulations… more »
Pros and Cons
- "The Robotic Desktop Automation Express component allows us to do rapid development outside the normal, time-consuming processes."
- "The product could do more to expand its 'codeless' coding options by adding drag-and-drop assistance in building bots for non-technical users."
What other advice do I have?Overall, I would recommend this solution to other users. I have got nothing against UiPath or Blue Prism or any of those other products, and I think there are other options like Python people can make use of. But from my experience with this product, I certainly recommend it. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate WorkFusion about an eight. Between a seven and an eight but on the high end of that range.
IT Team Lead at Kantar
Real UserTop 20
Sep 13, 2020
An RPA specifically for Microsoft applications, but very limited in process complexity and integrations
What is our primary use case?The reason why we are using this product is that we like to use it where we have automation projects specifically for Microsoft products. We can automate to improve productivity and for those applications and simple tasks, it is easy to use. For example, suppose I get my email with Outlook. There are certain times I will get specific Excel files from a pre-determined output which I have to always place into a particular SharePoint folder. From there, some other automation gets triggered and the file is processed in a certain way. Those are the sort of things we can automate with Power… more »
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is that it is very easy to use."
- "The tasks that can be automated are limited to Microsoft applications only."
- "Any task that is automated needs to be very simple. This tool does not seem to handle complicated tasks very well."