HimanshuJoshi
Consultant - RPA at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
We are able to present processes clearly to the business, but it is complex to use

• "The reporting features of ProcessGold are the most valuable. It creates things in a manner by which they can be easily represented to the business. Business can easily understand what actually happened in the process."
  • "The product has to be simplified because there are some facets that are just too complex. It's not easy for everyone to understand. You have to do training on ProcessGold and then you can use it."

What is our primary use case?

We have an order-entry application. We use ProcessGold to record all the steps that we have to perform to create an order. It helps us to create a static record from which we can use a UiPath bot.

How has it helped my organization?

The reporting features of ProcessGold are the most valuable. It creates things in a manner by which they can be easily represented to the business. Business can easily understand what actually happened in the process. So the layout and presentation of processes is very good. The UI is also useful for showing certain areas to the business.

What is most valuable?

The product has to be simplified because there are some facets that are just too complex. It's not easy for everyone to understand. You have to do training on ProcessGold and then you can use it.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more enhancements to the recording feature. Also, more logic-based conditions and flows should be shown.

I have been using Process Gold for two to three months.

There have been some crashes when we are doing the recording part of the process. And sometimes the system will lag. But they have been improving it and I think it will get better with more iterations.

It is expandable. I would give it and eight out of 10 on scalability.

Right now there are only two people using this solution in our organization, but we are planning to increase the number when we add more components to the specification. Our users are in the admin department. Our intention is to add more managers to the solution.

They are really good with their technical support. They respond to us on time. I would rate them at nine out of 10 on support. They reach us within 24 hours and, most of the time, they are able to give us a solution. There are times when they have not been able to find a solution. But in general, they are good.

Before Process Gold we were trying to build our own solution. It did things like ProcessGold does, like record all the steps from the user system. We tried to use it to create a flow which we could show to the business and illustrate the steps users are performing.

But there were problems, including some scalability issues with our internal project and our internal model. We are not going with that solution and that's why we are using ProcessGold.

The initial phase is complex.

We did it by ourselves. We set up a team and trained them in ProcessGold and then we started developing.

We did not evaluate any other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

The solution will be helpful for a person who has some admin and some managerial experience, but it won't be helpful for a person who has a technical background.

Kenneth Cespedes
RPA Engineer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Stable with s straightforward setup and offers good collaboration capabilities

• "So far, we are just testing it and seeking out use cases, however, so far, it's been an interesting solution to work with."
  • "We may need additional features for processing data."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for accountability for a few processes in a financial services company.

Right now, we are in the early stages of using the product. We just want to watch it to see how it works, what use cases we can take from it, and how we can incorporate it into the business.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers good collaboration capabilities.

The initial setup was fairly straightforward.

The solution is very stable.

What needs improvement?

We have too many processes. We use non-script data. We need to see how to capture this information and do a process mining to improve the data - to clean that data and store that data but in a clean way. We still need to figure out if UiPath can do this effectively.

We may need additional features for processing data.

We haven't used the solution too long. We're still working to figure out if we will keep using it.

The stability has been good so far. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

As we are still testing the solution, we only have five to ten users actually using the solution in our company.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's easy. It's not overly complex or difficult. Everything is pretty simple to execute.

We first tested the system to see how it worked, and then we implemented it.

I cannot recall how many staff members were actually involved in the implementation process.

We used a consultant during the implementation.

We are looking at UiPath in comparison to Automation Anywhere, to see which works better and which we should use primarily.

Right now, we have Automation Anywhere, version 11, and that version is on-premise. The next step for us is we need to move to a cloud version, and we have find out of we should stay with Automation Anywhere and move to 360 or we move to UiPath's cloud version.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user. We don't have a business relationship with UiPath.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten so far. We're still experimenting and learning. We're still seeing what it can do and how it can fit into our business. However, from what we've seen, it's compelling.

Learn what your peers think about UiPath Process Mining. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,407 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Nayeem  Mohammed
Program Manager - IA at Proven Consult
Straightforward to set up, good support, and is very handy for beginning with RPA

• "What I like about this solution is the way it identifies the process and the transformation from data to some analysis between appliances."
  • "Not everyone in the business can readily provide the kind of information that is to be put into process mining, which is an area that needs to be worked on."

What is our primary use case?

We are IT, service providers. We help our customers use this solution.

When you have a huge inventory of business processes, and you need to understand where to begin your automation journey.

That is where process mining becomes a very handy, tool.

With the help of the CPG logs, we can data mine the database logs, which processes consume more time, which is more critical, and which is more business.

What is most valuable?

What I like about this solution is the way it identifies the process and the transformation from data to some analysis between appliances.

What needs improvement?

Process mining doesn't need an improvement as such. However, to get the data from the business process, the backend data, and the log data, from the business and feeding that to process mining is a challenge.

Not everyone in the business can readily provide the kind of information that is to be put into process mining, which is an area that needs to be worked on.

At the moment, process mining is a new product, so the pitfalls or the cons of this tool are yet to be realized. It's too early to say.

What I would expect is a little bit of an AI component included in process mining. That would help the developers or the business analyst get more insights into the other possible options.

The element of features that can be included. At the moment it is data-driven. There should be some improvement in terms of its intelligence to artificial means. That is what I'm looking for from them.

I have been using UiPath for six months.

I am using the latest version.

This is a stable solution.

Process Mining is scalable, providing that it is applied to process mining as an input.

We plan to continue providing this solution to our clients.

Support from UiPath is easy. We have not had any challenge in terms of getting their assistance.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very quick.

The installation was done by someone on our IT team.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely, I would recommend it. This is a very good tool. The inputs to this process mining are also very good.

SG
Head of Research And Development at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Easy to use and has good support

• "Its most valuable features are that it is easy to use and to find people who actually do the UiPath."
  • "Instead of doing only UiPath bots, it should handle other bots as well. Then I can deploy automation anywhere on any other software. It should not be only UiPath. That's the future of it."

What is our primary use case?

So far our primary use has been for process flow. How do you automate? In most of the cases, it was multi-source data collection systems from multiple sources and getting all the information to one point. There is an email or a message. Then how do you get the data from different sources and put them into one language? So far most of the use cases were just that.

What is most valuable?

Its most valuable features are that it is easy to use and to find people who actually use the UiPath.

What needs improvement?

The main thing that can be improved is the price, nobody wants to pay that much money for a scheduler.

Another feature they can add is, instead of doing only UiPath bots, it should handle other bots as well. Then I can deploy automation anywhere on any other software. It should not be only UiPath. That's the future of it.

I have been using ProcessGold for a year.

It is stable.

It is scalable. I think there are three people from my team using the solution now.

Overall the technical support is good. I'm satisfied with it.

The initial setup is straightforward. You just need to have UiPath and it's straightforward. Deployment time depends on the problem you're trying to solve. In our case, it took three to four days.

The client has the software and the licenses, and we are the guys who program it for them. The maintenance is up to the client. We just file up and give it to them, that's it. All the guys are on-site during development and deployment.

Our clients are enterprise sized companies.

Since it's a former client, they are generally UiPath resellers. They already have that connection with UiPath so they get a cheaper expert. But if we are looking for other deployments, they become really expensive because the ROI is difficult to attain for small scale businesses.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend ProcessGold, but I think the price has to come down. It's too high.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give ProcessGold an eight.

PL
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Great implementation strategy, good support that is responsive, but the infrastructure setup could be simplified

• "The most valuable feature is that it improves our processes and it deploys automation at a cheaper price, higher efficiency, and accuracy."
  • "There is always a challenge with the infrastructure set up for the client."

What is our primary use case?

Process Mining helps us to understand how our processes have been built. From that, we can analyze and make the necessary improvements, so that we can be more productive.

UiPath Process Mining is not the only tool the client is using, but Process Mining is something that we would use as an add-on to what we have.

For example, if we are using UiPath Studio with five production boards and running it on different systems, then running five different processes, Process Mining can help us to understand how these processes are working, and help us to analyze if there is any room for improvement, or needs any changes to be more accurate and more efficient.

What is most valuable?

UiPath has a great implementation strategy. They will release the beta version eventually, but they always have implemented it within the next month. They have a new release for each and every product within one to two months.

That's how they build these processes and build these products. When you see or get a new product, it's an enhancement of what we have in the previous version.

They are always improving, which is a good thing.

What needs improvement?

There is always a challenge with the infrastructure set up for the client. Setting up the server is something that might be difficult. It needs to be simplified to make it easier to install the tools and start working on the automation.

The UiPath technical support is good. If we have any questions, they have a separate team to address any questions that we may have. Once we raise a ticket with the help center, they will reach out to us based on the priority of the ticket and then try to resolve it.

If there is something that they are not able to sort out, they will get more involved and do a screen share to help us resolve the issues.

The initial setup is similar to the RPA processes that we build.

It's not a complex setup, it's easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate UiPath Process Mining a seven out of ten.

Rene Munro
Senior Developer Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good reporting, data mining, and process mining have helped grow our organization

• "The reporting features of ProcessGold are great."
  • "I would like a few tutorials that explain step by step how to start, including a few tips for new users."

What is our primary use case?

I've been using ProcessGold for business process management and optimization to give me a better understanding of operations around my business.

How has it helped my organization?

ProcessGold has given my organization extensive visibility and understanding of business operations. It helps to visualize the gaps in operations as well as where we're doing well.

In general, it gives me an idea of whether I'm going in the right direction with my team and if not, it points out where things aren't going smoothly.

In the last several months, my organization has grown quite a bit thanks to the improvements with ProcessGold.

What is most valuable?

The reporting features of ProcessGold are great.

Data mining and visualization provide extensive visibility and understanding of business operations. It makes the representation of the mined information very clean and provides a visual presentation that shows you what to improve next.

You can easily understand what actually happened in the process because of it. These reports also help me identify which areas need to be automated and which areas or different departments need to improve before automation is implemented.

What needs improvement?

The software at first is hard to use and you're not sure where to start. I would like a few tutorials that explain step by step how to start, including a few tips for new users.

I would like it to be more user-friendly and more visually appealing so that my eyes can keep watching for hours without getting so tired.

I would like to know what the exceptions are when they occur, including more details about them.

I would like to see enhancements to the recording feature.

I've been using ProcessGold for between three and four months.

I think that the information provided by data mining using ProcessGold is much more valuable than the few thousand dollars we invested in it.

What other advice do I have?

I think ProcessGold is a great tool for process mining and I recommend others to use it. You will start noticing the great benefits of process mining that ProcessGold offers right away. No wonder ProcessGold is a world-leading vendor of Process Mining enterprise software at the moment.

I know that ProcessGold can help you as it helped me.

GG
Senior Program Manager at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Valuable company information overview, easy to use, and has useful dashboards

• "The solution counts the number of cross-sections at each step of the year which allows you to see all the data to figure out what is happening in the company. You do not need to manually collect data, it continuously updates the data. Overall the solution is easy to use and has dashboards."
  • "The dashboard could be improved by allowing customization and they could introduce a Mac version of the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to gather our data for business improvements and to automate tasks.

What is most valuable?

The solution counts the number of cross-sections at each step of the year which allows you to see all the data to figure out what is happening in the company. You do not need to manually collect data, it continuously updates the data. Overall the solution is easy to use and has dashboards.

What needs improvement?

In a future release, they could provide more API integration, for example, with Oracle API.

I have been using this solution for approximately six months.

In my experience, the solution is 99% stable.

I have approximately five people using this solution in my organization.

I did not have any issues with the need to contact technical support.

I have previously used Automation Anywhere and switch to this solution because it is better.

The initial setup is complicated.

The price of the solution could be lower. However, Automation Anywhere is approximately $8,000, and when comparing these solutions, UiPath Process Mining is less expensive. The license for the solution is purchased annually.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others that want to implement this solution to train their staff well in the usage of this solution. They will require more than a 10-minute training session. It is important for them to understand that this solution is for gathering data and they will require additional consultancy to create robotic processes. Automation machines themself cannot create automatic processes. Humans have to assess the process, understand the bottlenecks, and create a better one with more value-adding activities. Many people think that they have the system and everything should be done by robots now, it is not how it works.

I rate UiPath Process Mining a nine out of ten.

AP
Associate Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly interface, good training available, and bots can be controlled from online

• "The most valuable feature is that activities are available to us just by clicking the box, so it doesn't require much time to make changes for future requirements."
  • "I would like to see better integration with the Azure and AWS machine learning platforms."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use for this solution is for automating business processes.

These include data entry tasks that were being done by the bots. There was manual work for applications like Salesforce that was being done using integration activities provided by UiPath. One of our use cases involved doing sentiment analysis on tweets for a couple of brands.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very user-friendly.

The online platform for controlling the bots is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

We do not have much confidence in the intelligence or cognitive capabilities and they should be improved. Automation Anywhere is really good in that area, so I'm looking forward to more advanced features in the future.

I have been using ProcessGold for about a year and a half.

In general, it is a stable solution. In one of our use cases, when the volume of data was quite high, we found that there were some crashes. We divided the load into smaller sets so that the whole thing is completed in two or three stages, which fixed the problem.

I have not found any challenges in terms of scalability, other than an issue where we needed to divide the workload into smaller jobs. I would say that for certain activities that involve a very large number of documents, scalability is not up to mark, but in general, it is okay.

We have between 20 and 30 users and they are quite satisfied.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. We started with the Community Edition, which was really helpful.

What other advice do I have?

Amazon Web Services (AWS)