SN
Senior RPA Developer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Easy for people without a coding background to use

• "There's a monthly upload process in my order management team. Every month, this team uploads a bunch of files to SAP. Now they don't need to do that because the bot does that for them at a given time period. The team members need to just upload a file to SharePoint and then the bot will pick it up."
  • "Capturing ROI needs improvement. I would also like for it to have more logging mechanisms in Orchestrator."

What is our primary use case?

My use case is to automate a bunch of office processes. It helps my team and finance organization save time and money.

How has it helped my organization?

There's a monthly upload process in my order management team. Every month, this team uploads a bunch of files to SAP. Now they don't need to do that because the bot does that for them at a given time period. The team members need to just upload a file to SharePoint and then the bot will pick it up.

It reduced human error. It saves us time redoing work and allows our humans to do other stuff.

It has freed up a couple of hours in a month. If you scale it, I'd say there are some processes that are daily. It has been at least 2,000 hours so far. This additional time enabled employees to focus on higher-value work. Bots can be tricky to debug. So, sometimes employees get frustrated there but overall they're happy it's there in the first place.

UiPath reduced the cost of our automation operations. Right now it's breaking even, but over time there'll be more. It has also reduced overall costs.

What is most valuable?

The Studio and Orchestrator are pretty valuable. They seem to have a lot of connectivity and usability. It's pretty easy for people without a coding background to use it.

It's pretty easy to build automation using UiPath. It's a little hard for some activities because there's not enough support. There's not a lot of adoption with that activity, but the ones that are commonly used have pretty good support.

Its end-to-end coverage is important to us. If we have it all on one platform, we don't have to bounce around other software. But, we ended up doing a little bit of both.

What needs improvement?

Capturing ROI needs improvement. I would also like for it to have more logging mechanisms in Orchestrator.

I have been using UiPath for about two years now.

It's stable now.

We mainly use Unattended Automation but it has helped to scale RPA benefits by automating departments for the very few Attended Automations we have. It's important to me because my job pretty much depends on this software. Changing from this product to another RPA product is going to be extremely costly and time-consuming.

It is scalable. We have about 30 users on it now that are entry-level/senior associate-level people.

It requires four developers to maintain.

We plan to increase usage in the long term. But right not we still have enough capacity in our existing Orchestrator.

I would rate their tech support a six out of ten. Most of them don't work in U.S. time and they're not always very responsive. Sometimes they give an answer that is pretty generic and can be found in the online article, even though I referenced the article already.

We also use Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup was not too hard and not too easy. Some documentation wasn't very clear, and for basic features it handled it pretty well. But, if you wanted to go more granular and customize your deployment, it would be a little hard to find out the answer.

The deployment took about a month. We involved the UiPath support to help us implement it and upgrade our systems. Other than that, we got our PAM software lead that uses CyberArk to configure the Orchestrator with us.

We have seen ROI. I don't know the max number of hours but I'd say we've saved around 2,000 hours so far.

I think pricing could be better. I think it should be more visible.

The license system with Studio licenses seemed a bit redundant and not necessary.

We looked at other solutions but went with UiPath because of the cost. Another reason was that we have more developers that are specialized in UiPath, as well as management, who seemed to like UiPath more.

What other advice do I have?

I still have to pay attention to the infrastructure a little bit because it's still On-premises. I'm using the On-premises products more so, but the support has been pretty decent. And then, there are community forums to look up how to debug some stuff.

The upfront cost is always going to be more than trying to keep it to the human process, but over time we'll realize more return.

My advice would be get UiPath support to do this for you and involve all your IT firewall security team.

You need to know more about security and cybersecurity in order to fully deploy your automations. Some of that is kind of missing in the Academy where they focus mainly on building automations, but not really securing it.

I would rate UiPath an eight out of ten.

PR
Robotics Engineer at Siemens Industry
Enables us to cost-effectively implement numerous small automation projects

• "We are using the solution's selector technology for UI automation. That is the most important feature for us. For example, one of the applications in our company is being updated day by day, by the development team. We use selector to make it dynamic."
  • "An area which the UiPath team is rapidly working on is machine learning and artificial intelligence. At the moment, it is a little difficult to understand. If they could add some more training on it in their Academy, it would help customers to learn about these features."

What is our primary use case?

One of the use cases that I have recently completed is related to SAP and the interaction with Excel and our internal application. We are going with the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP application and we used UiPath to help in this area, and were able to do so within a few days.

Some of our people are going for process automation and some are doing desktop automation.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps our developers learn and implement things faster.

Also, the UI Targets feature has helped us with some difficult situations. We were using other solutions for these situations but our company has moved away from them to using UiPath, and it's working very well.

UiPath provides lots of integration to our ERP application and lots of new updates are coming out day by day. It helps us to automate our tasks.

What is most valuable?

We also use the latest version of the desktop Assistant tool for some queueing activity in UiPath Orchestrator. The tasks in the queue are continually updated and then they are run by robots. Using Assistant, we get a lot of information about our queues, like if something fails, for example. Also if a robot fails we get robot status-type information from the Assistant. The Assistant plays a good role because, if a process is going wrong, we have control. Using the Assistant we can stop that process. It is a most important feature from UiPath.

What needs improvement?

An area which the UiPath team is rapidly working on is machine learning and artificial intelligence. At the moment, it is a little difficult to understand. If they could add some more training on it in their Academy, it would help customers to learn about these features.

I have been using UiPath for the last eight months.

We only use the stable versions, regardless of whatever they are releasing, to avoid bugs and errors. In the stable versions, we have never found any issues or any bugs. If there is any issue, we have a team that will contact the UiPath team and we will get quick solutions. But so far, we have never had any problem or issues with a stable version of UiPath.

We use the Assistant to handle all the robots' actions. We are scaling and tracking it. That is very important for us. The scalability features of UiPath are awesome.

In the eight months I have been working with UiPath I have implemented seven or eight projects. Day by day we are increasing our usage of it, and UiPath is also increasing the product's features and adding technologies. That enables us to work on more projects, as it is easy to integrate.

We have been able to implement a lot of little projects. That is one of the reasons that it is cost-effective. In addition to the affordable price, it just takes a few days to develop solutions for these projects.

In India, a developer costs about 16,000 rupees per day. Using UiPath, all our projects have been done in 30 days. If we tried to do these little projects in another technology, they would be more costly because they would be more time-consuming.

Our company is based on automation. UiPath is the correct solution for this. It is cost-effective and has an affordable price.

UiPath is not the only technology we are using, but we are migrating to UiPath because it is cost-effective. The previous solution was Blue Prism, but for the little projects, it was not the right solution.

In addition, the Control Room is really required for other technologies, like Blue Prism, but there is no need for it with UiPath, because we manage and deploy it with our team only. We don't need to worry about the Control Room.

What other advice do I have?

For the beginner the UiPath Academy has a lot of training available. It's important to go through the training. After the training you can easily work on any project in UiPath. So first of all, follow the training. For intermediate-level users, UiPath is the correct solution. These users just need to keep up to date, day by day, because the UiPath team is rapidly updating the features.

The Picture in Picture functionality for attended automations is a new feature. Up until now we have not used PiP, but we have some use cases for an internal project we are doing and are looking into it for the future.

We are using UiPath Automation Cloud, but we have not yet migrated our on-premises UiPath instance to it. We are thinking about the on-premise because it fully depends on our own enterprise. If we go to the cloud, we will be able to collaborate better with our team and what others, because it is "public."

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JG
RPA Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Saves time and cost, has many features for document understanding, and is modular and user-friendly

• "In UiPath, REFramework is useful for different use cases with predefined code templates. There are well-established steps. There is a step for code marginalization. Similarly, there are separate steps for initialization and processing. For closing an application process, a step is there. So, it is very well modularized for getting the transaction data. If there is one exception or anything wrong happens with an application, it will log the exception in the orchestrator and send an email. It can also close your applications and end data processing. So, everything is well organized and separated, and we can log the exceptions separately in the queues as business exceptions or application exceptions. We can have the complete report of a particular queue."
  • "In exception handling, wherever exception occurs, the out arguments are not being passed. It would be good if there is a way to pass the out arguments."

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we are using it for reading emails. We download the attachments that we get in emails. After downloading those Excel sheets attachments, we process the data based on a few rules. The processed data is input into the SAP application. In the SAP application, based on the business rules, we process the data and commit.

How has it helped my organization?

It is very user-friendly in terms of building automation. We don't need to be experts in coding. We can learn it easily and build complex business tools in UiPath. We don't need prior coding experience.

It reduces the cost of digital transformation. Every day, we get 10 Excel sheets, and somebody has to sit and read the Excel sheet and load the data manually into the SAP application. Three to four employees are required for the same job, but if we automate this process, it can be done in a minute. It is easy, and we save time and cost.

It reduces the time taken for a task. If we are manually filling timesheets, we need to open the website, fill the timesheet, and submit it. It can take 10 minutes. With automation, it will take just a minute.

What is most valuable?

Orchestrator is very useful for deployment and publishing, maintaining queues, and running jobs.

In UiPath, REFramework is useful for different use cases with predefined code templates. There are well-established steps. There is a step for code marginalization. Similarly, there are separate steps for initialization and processing. For closing an application process, a step is there. So, it is very well modularized for getting the transaction data. If there is one exception or anything wrong happens with an application, it will log the exception in the orchestrator and send an email. It can also close your applications and end data processing. So, everything is well organized and separated, and we can log the exceptions separately in the queues as business exceptions or application exceptions. We can have the complete report of a particular queue.

For document understanding, there are so many features. I haven't used them practically, but to read a PDF, there are patterns and semi patterns. A wait option is also there for somebody to come and correct it. It can wait until somebody comes and corrects it, and then it will do the processing. So, all of the features are very useful in UiPath.

What needs improvement?

In exception handling, wherever exception occurs, the out arguments are not being passed. It would be good if there is a way to pass the out arguments.

Sometimes, when an element is not there, UiPath gets stuck, and it doesn't even throw an exception. It stays stuck for hours until we go and check the logs. When this happens, we have to kill it. It happens in some cases, so an improvement is needed there.

I have been using this solution for three and a half years.

Other than the issues related to the exception handling and UiPath getting stuck, it is very stable.

It can scale well, but we don't really have a need to scale it. Currently, we are automating 15 projects. We are planning to use other functionalities of UiPath to automate extra things.

Currently, we have 1,000 people who use this solution. They are consultants, developers, and business analysts. A business analyst takes care of making design documents and solution documents. The RPA developers develop the code and test it. After that, for deployment, someone is there to take care of all technical things. After that, the support team is there to look after the deployment.

I didn't call UiPath support, but I know about them from my friend. We had called them for some issues, and they answered those very well. I would rate them a nine out of 10.

I have worked only on UiPath.

Its initial setup is straightforward. It is not that complex. We need to install UiPath Studio, and then we connect it to Orchestrator for getting logs, etc. It doesn't take more than an hour.

I took the help of my colleagues.

I'm not sure about licensing and pricing, but the pricing for their certification is a little bit more. Previously, we could do it for no price.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend it to my colleagues and others. It is very user-friendly.

In terms of reducing human error, it is not up to the mark. It detects human errors, but it waits until we place the correct files for processing. For example, when comparing files, a human can detect two almost-similar addresses as the same, but a UiPath bot cannot do that. So, in some cases, it won't work as humans. It cannot decide. It works on predefined rules.

Considering its areas of improvement and the cost of certification, I would rate UiPath a nine out of 10.

CP
Application Developer at a wholesaler/distributor with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy development for a .NET programmer, unattended robots save our teams a lot of time

• "Unattended robots are my favorite because it allows us to completely remove a process from a person's day."
  • "I would like to see support for native C# capability."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Orchestrator for both development and production. We are using attended and unattended bots, and we are using Studio to develop them.

We use this solution for front-office processes, back-office processes, IT processes, and automating anything that we can.

We run our automations inside a virtual environment. We use Citrix and Citrix Server. We have sixty-seven processes that we've automated to run in the virtual environment and its very straightforward. It's deployed out of Orchestrator, and for attended processes, it's as simple as going in, opening a UI robot, and clicking the start button. It's phenomenally easy.

With respect to how easy it is to automate our company's processes, on a scale of one to five, I would say that it's a five. It's very easy. I'm a software developer by trade and I was able to automate several processes in a very short time span. In two weeks I can automate an entire process, end-to-end, which is incredibly fast for the ROI.

One of our processes was extremely complex, which was our customer onboarding process. The complexity was, in part, because it is handled by six different departments. The PDD for it was one hundred and forty pages long. One or two we've done were simple automations, and the rest have been medium to high complexity.

My first robot went into production within a month of me being in my position. That included going through all of the UiPath training, getting familiar with our IT systems, and then actually vetting out a process and automating.

On a scale of one to five, judging how beneficial it is, I would rate the training a five. It was very informative and very detailed.

We are using the unattended robots more than we are the attended ones, and we're trying to continue that drive. We understand that there's a need for some processes to run attended, but if we can, we do process optimization to make it work and be unattended.

How has it helped my organization?

We have definitely seen savings in time. I can only speak to one particular instance, which is one that I automated. It was taking a product marketing team roughly an entire month to process, so they were always a month in arrear processing invoices for orders. When we developed this quote-to-order process, it saved us something along the lines of seven thousand hours per month for the one group. I was able to shrink down what a team of twelve people was doing in a month's time, to about seven days.

What is most valuable?

Unattended robots are my favorite because it allows us to completely remove a process from a person's day. The process can be fully automated and scheduled out of Orchestrator to run. Whether it's several times a day or once a month or whatever it may be, that user no longer has to worry about whatever that task was.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for native C# capability. I have a .NET background, so it's easier for me to write in that language.

With respect to the stability, on a scale from one to five, I would rate this solution a four. There are some issues we've run into where we just can't exactly figure out what is causing the problems.

A robot would run through a process two to three dozen times with no issues and then on the very next run, it will stall in the middle of the process. When we tried to debug it, we can actually replicate that stall but clearly, it's not throwing an error. There's no rhyme or reason to why. It just stops and it just kind of hangs. I would say that it may be a stability issue.

The technical support for this solution is great. They're responsive, and always willing to help. We got infrastructure support to help us through an upgrade so I could actually migrate everything from our on-premises server into Azure. I would rate their technical support a ten out of ten.

This solution started as a homegrown operation by one of our satellite offices that downloaded a trial license and started using it. Once our IT department found out, we hired Deloitte to come in and talk us through the whole process. Then, Deloitte left and we started our own kind of homegrown development. The did not actually deploy it with us.

Prior to choosing UiPath, we evaluated Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism. There may have been one more, as well. We are a very large SAP shop, and UiPath was the only one that touted that it was integrated well with SAP. For the most part, it did.

What other advice do I have?

For anybody researching this type of solution, I would suggest that they try this out and they will instantly see the value.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

YZ
Associate Director at a government with 10,001+ employees
Attended bots help eliminate human error and duplication in data entry tasks

• "Together, the aggregated features add value to the day-to-day operations of the business."
  • "I would like to see more options in terms of configuration."

What is our primary use case?

We are using UiPath Studio, Orchestrator, and attended bots.

We are automating 12 shared services processes. They are from the finance, HR, and procurement areas. These processes are run at a high frequency and are required to be captured on two different platforms. We have implemented this solution to stop entry clerks from having to do the same job twice, on two different platforms.

We run automations in a virtual environment and it is successful. The implementation was fast and we realized the benefits quickly. Currently, we have deployed three processes and we are going to roll out more processes in patches.

With respect to how easy it is to automate our company's processes, on a scale of one to five, I would rate this solution a four. Some of these processes have difficult exceptions that had to be handled, which is why we opted for the attended robots.

On a scale of one to five, judging how beneficial it is, I would rate the training a five. The training is rich in content and the material, products, and methodologies are explained well. The concept of automation can be very easily digested by anyone, even if they are non-technical.

From the point that we purchased our UiPath license until we had our first robot was approximately a month and a half. I was not the person doing the configuration, but I managed the process through interaction with the technical team. It was a straightforward and easy process.

How has it helped my organization?

We have realized performance benefits through the use of this solution. We were able to decrease the processing time of one of the processes from 15 minutes, under certain assumptions, to one minute and four seconds.

One of the calculations that we have done to determine the time we have saved is for one type of process. It used to take 7,000 person-days each year but now takes only 160 person-days a year.

Using this solution has eliminated a lot of human errors. It is now done based on preset values, activities, and rules. Exceptions are properly handled and the robot will take the information from the source system, which is fundamentally correct all of the time. The robot only needs to capture the data as it is from the source, and copy it to the destination, and this eliminates the errors. When humans are in the middle of the process, mistakes can happen.

What is most valuable?

The design capability in Studio is great.

The way that you can monitor the robots within Orchestrator is helpful.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more options in terms of configuration.

More information should be made available on the AI Fabric features, and how it can be used as part of a larger ecosystem.

Unattended robots could be cheaper.

So far, we have not noticed any crashes or any issues with the platform itself.

In total with the partner that we are working with, we have 12 team members.

We did not use another RPA solution prior to this one.

RPA was on the strategic roadmap for the transformation of the organization. When we came across this plan for the shared service teams and operations, we started to build a use case and try to see how RPA can help us. Basically, it's a strategic thing for my organization and we will continue scaling it up to other business areas.

We had assistance from a local partner in Saudi Arabia. I would rate our experience with them five out of five. They have the right capabilities and the right knowledge. They were committed and dedicated to the successful completion of this project.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing this solution. The capabilities of the platform are good, as is their presence in the market. They have a very qualified team that gives you all the possible support, can answer your questions, collaborate with you, and ensure that you are on the right path to completing your automation projects. They try as much as possible to make your story a success.

They handled the PoC for us, and we implemented the full solution as soon as it was successful.

What other advice do I have?

The time freed up for our employees allows us to enhance and scale up their competencies and capabilities.

This solution is very good. The team is effective and they are constantly focusing on the product's roadmap and enhancements. As a platform in the ecosystem, this is a promising product for anyone who is considering automation projects in any organization.

My advice to anybody who is researching this type of solution is to have a look at UiPath. Take an in-depth look at their fabulous knowledge base that is available on the product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Karil Quintana
RPA Develepor at Equinix, Inc.
Has flexible coding, good stability and solid support but it needs better scheduling options

What is our primary use case?

We use only unattended robots with Studio and Orchestrator. Our primary use for the bots is in finance, so we only do finance use cases like AP (Accounts Payable) invoice retrieval.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has improved the way our organization functions because no one has to sit for hours just spending time retrieving documents. The staff just picks up the documents they need in the morning, start their analysis right away.

What is most valuable?

What I find the most valuable about UiPath is flexibility in adding code. That ability is the most important feature for me and what I do.

What needs improvement?

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see better scheduling options. Because of the schedule limitations, you can only schedule one process at a time. There are situations where I might want to build five processes that need to work together. As I can only schedule one at a time, it isn't currently possible.

On a scale of one to five where one is unstable and five is very stable, I would rate the stability of the UiPath platform as a five. There are not many issues at all. On other platforms that we use, we always seem to encounter small things that cause problems. For example, with other solutions, we have had problems processing things like resolution and there is always an issue. But with UiPath, I can control almost everything from the robot and get it working.

There are ten people in our organization involved in our automation program and I think it can be scaled at any time.

While we don't use technical support directly, our team has used UiPath Academy RPA training to become more familiar with the product. On a scale from one to five where one is the least beneficial and five is the best, I would rate the Academy experience as a five. We've also used the forum. In all, between the implementation help, the Academy and the resources, I would rate the support as a nine-out-of-ten.

From the time we purchased the UiPath license until we had our first robot in production took only about one month, and that was without previous experience with the product. The initial set up of the product was straightforward, so it was all pretty efficient.

We did not need to use an integrator, reseller, or consultant. We did the entire implementation all in house. The only exception is that we did get some help from UiPath by working with them directly.

We have experienced some return on investment and performance benefits, and it only took about one month to see it. There is one monthly process we use and in just one run — the first time we ran it — something that took two people two days was done in two hours. So, what took 16 hours to do analysis on before has been cut down to two hours. It is hard to say how much money that saved as we just changed the allocation of resources. The solution also helped to eliminate human errors which are even harder to account for.

We chose to try UiPath because we wanted to test the SQL capabilities that it has. I don't know that I would say we evaluated other options before choosing it as a solution. We currently work with both Blue Prism and UiPath at the same time.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to five where one is very difficult and five is easy, I would rate the ease of use of the platform as a seven. I think that especially business users who don't have more of a technical background can get lost in all the different features that are available.

For this solution, we could totally deploy with attended robots, but our business just isn't ready for that yet. I think, with the adoption of Studio X that we might be in that position, but not right now.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate this product as a seven overall. The scheduling feature just isn't there yet to allow more flexibility in programming and use, but the development is much faster and the flexibility better than much of the competition. The introduction of open-source changes the game for RPA solutions.

The advice I would give to a colleague at another company who is researching this solution or a similar one would be to clearly evaluate the use case. Don't just breeze through and assume you need automation. Take a good look at what you actually need to do, make sure the solution fits, and make sure the targeted processes are processes that should be automated.

KY
Consultant at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Good scheduler, queues, and activities help us to save time on manual processes

• "The most valuable features are the scheduler, queues, and activities."
  • "More Excel activities should be included."

What is our primary use case?

I use Studio, Orchestrator, attended and unattended robots.

My primary use for this solution is back-office automation in a banking environment.

We run automations in a virtual environment, both for development and production. The robots are implemented in a development environment first, which is connected to Citrix. Once the process automation is finalized, including deployment and UAT has passed, we move the same file from the development Orchestrator to the production Orchestrator in the production environment. Production is also in Citrix.

With respect to how easy it is to automate our company's processes, on a scale of one to five, I would rate this solution a three. We have legacy Oracle applications and I'm finding it difficult to find selectors for the older, legacy systems.

On a scale of one to five, judging how beneficial it is, I would rate the training a four. Some of the lessons are really easy, whereas others are more difficult, but you need to finish everything, otherwise you cannot go further. This is what I didn't like about it.

It took approximately one month to implement our first robot. Prior to purchasing the license, we implemented our PoC using the Community Edition. That took three weeks. After that, my company bought the license and it took about a week to put into production.

How has it helped my organization?

With respect to saving time, we save a lot of manual hours by using automation. I would estimate that we save eighty hours per month, on average.

In some of our processes, it took an hour to run them and the resource used to have to watch them manually. They are now automated and running in unattended mode, and the resource is finding other activities to do. There are more than one hundred of these types of processes.

In terms of eliminating human errors, I would say that we have a ninety-five percent reduction in our rate of errors.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the scheduler, queues, and activities. The activities are there for applications like Excel, Word, and Outlook.

What needs improvement?

More Excel activities should be included. We do have basic Excel activities, but we don't have ones to do things like add colors or formulas. For these types of operations, we always use custom objects and have to write custom code or pay for them.

My automation is one hundred percent working in my dev environment; however, the same package is not working with one hundred percent success in the production environment. It's a ninety-eight percent success rate, because sometimes there is a network issue, like slowness, and it's breaking my automation.

We have eleven people working in our automation group including process architects, developers, and testers.

I would rate our experience with technical support a five out of five. Whenever I needed help on the infrastructure, or with development, they immediately responded and tried to solve the problem. In cases where it was not solvable, they would jump on a call and look at through our code to help us out.

Prior to using this solution, we used both Blue Prism and Automation Anywhere.

When it comes to deciding the suitability for automation and the choice of vendor, we consider the results of the process mining. We evaluate how many hours and how much money will be saved. We also consider how frequently the automation will be run, such as quarterly, monthly, or even daily.

One of our clients did not like the support from Blue Prism, which is why we jumped onto UiPath and implemented it.

The initial setup of this solution is complex. We began immediately with a setup for high availability, but somehow we messed it up. We did not have the proper documentation and ended up getting help from UiPath.

They helped us, but overall, I would say that it is not straightforward.

We implemented this solution in-house with support from UiPath.

We have not yet seen ROI from this solution.

The licensing fees for this solution are $8,000 USD annually.

What other advice do I have?

Everybody says that this solution is easy to implement, but I do not find it that easy. It may be true for very simple processes, but not for more complex ones. For that, we need to have some kind of development and analytical skills.

That said, from a code developer's point of view, I haven't found any difficulties with this solution. My advice for anybody who is considering this type of solution is to try UiPath.

NK
Operations Support Sr Manager at Etisalat UAE
Unattended robots save us time, provide good value, and the training is good

• "The unattended, back-office robots are the most beneficial feature."
  • "The Form Builder for back-end robots needs to be a web portal instead of a full desktop application."

What is our primary use case?

We use Studio, the Orchestrator, and we have attended and unattended robots.

Our primary use case is automating back-office processes from the corporate side. One example is the automation for ticket closure for some of the customer complaints. We also use it to fill information gaps between systems. Instead of having information run through standard APIs, we have it copied over from one system to another.

We run automations in a virtual environment, and the implementation was pretty easy and quick.

We used the Community Edition before purchasing our license. From the point that we purchased our UiPath license until we had our first robot was approximately one week. We found it to be very easy and very fast. We, as a Contact Center, usually face a lot of problems when we suggest any requirements. When we started with RPA, it took approximately one month for a very complex process to be automated.

With respect to how easy it is to automate our company's processes, on a scale of one to five, I would rate this solution a five. It is very easy. You can use the UI, or you can use APIs for the connection. In the end, you can do it.

On a scale of one to five, judging how beneficial it is, I would rate the training a five, for sure. In two or three weeks, an RPA developer can do everything.

How has it helped my organization?

In the Contact Center, the key issue is the handling time. RPA has helped us to decrease our time, and eventually, it will help to decrease the headcount.

For one of our processes, it reduced the time it takes from five minutes to somewhere between forty and fifty seconds. That saves a lot of time.

In terms of eliminating human errors, there has not been much difference because we have very strict processes and strict steps for them, so human error was minimal, to begin with. Our success is in the reduction of time to complete them.

What is most valuable?

The unattended, back-office robots are the most beneficial feature.

What needs improvement?

With respect to the stability, on a scale from one to five, I would rate this solution between three and four. For exception handling, it means that a senior RPA developer has to understand the reasons behind the process. If they have not been exposed to it then it is easier to perform some simple fixes and continue the process.

We have implemented eighteen processes so far, they are they used in several departments. In total, we have approximately four thousand people who are using this solution.

From a scalability point of view, we're not that confident that we can have the robots running twenty-four hours a day with a huge transaction. Being a telecom operator, we have a lot of transactions and the stability of the unattended robots needs some enhancement.

I think that both customer support and technical support are very good. When we have any questions or any issues, we are connected immediately.

We did not use another RPA solution prior to this one.

We learned about RPA because one of the contractors was working on an RPA PoC at our company, and we were convinced that it could help us a lot. The IT people were invited to see the technology and from there, they decided to implement it with our in-house IT group.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward. We used the Community Edition and it is very easy to use.

We performed the implementation on our own.

We realized ROI in approximately six months. Our cost savings come from savings in agents.

From a cost perspective, unattended robots are better. They run twenty-four hours a day and do not require running on a client machine. The attended robots are not as cost-effective.

We did evaluate one other RPA solution before choosing this one. Our main reasons for choosing UiPath were the price and the ease of development. The Community Edition is very useful, and we are easily able to find RPA developers working in UiPath. This is different than with some of the competing products.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody researching this solution is that it is easy to download and it has a big community. A PoC can be done easily, and you can decide from there whether this solution is suitable.

This is a good solution, but the stability of the unattended robots needs to be improved.

Download our free UiPath Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.