BS
Commercial Manager at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Has great document understanding, offers helpful training, and is reducing human error

• "The solution has helped our organization save costs. It’s likely saved us about $10 million."
  • "The graphics could always be improved."

What is our primary use case?

In terms of product testing, I use it in the product with the test suite to mount the test manager and then follow with the requirements. After that, I create the test cases and I'm running them on different platforms on the web so that I can proof back from the web with test suites.

How has it helped my organization?

I use the different tools of UiPath. However, in the future, I’m hopeful UiPath will help us to expand into different countries. right now, I use it personally. Soon, the entire company will be using it as well.

What is most valuable?

The automation of the cloud offering helps to decrease the solution's total cost of ownership.

The document understanding is great. I interact with different documents of people. The IDs of one are different from a document or a PDF. For example, our contracts, et cetera. It can understand the differences.

I’m not quite sure about the ease of building automation using the solution just yet. It seems to be moderate. Not too easy or difficult.

UiPath has helped us reduce human error. That’s had a partial impact on our business. Our techs understand the different types of processes and competencies it can help with. Regular users cannot see this just yet.

It has freed up employee time. It’s allowed for a focus on higher-value work. Employees seem happier. It’s an easy tool to use and deploy.

We’ve used the UiPath Academy courses. All employees take the course and learn about it. You still need more education afterward, however, the biggest value of the Academy is the knowledge. I've got people who are new in the company and I can just say "take these courses." It's accepted by everyone as part of the process.

What needs improvement?

The graphics could always be improved.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The stability of the solution is good. UiPath has a different release each year at the moment.

The scalability is great. You have a manual so you don't have to do the courses. You can read through it.

We have about 200 users at this time. We have different areas in the company that uses UiPath. For example, the administration uses that tool. You have a test suite and you can have development using the UiPath Studio as well.

Technical support has been great. Whatever my query is, they are able to answer it.

We did not use another RPA solution before UiPath.

The initial setup was straightforward and simple.

The deployment took about one month.

The pricing and licensing have been great.

We did look at different automation tools before choosing UiPath. We looked at Blue Prism and Automation Anywhere, however, we ultimately chose UiPath.

The UiPath Academy courses were a big selling point. Also, its ease of use. Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism were so difficult to understand. UiPath is more interactive and it's more visual.

What other advice do I have?

We're a UiPath partner.

I've used both cloud and on-premise deployment. Right now, I am using the cloud.

At this point, we do not use UiPath's apps feature.

We have not used the solution's AI functionality in our automation program yet.

If I were to advise anyone on using UiPath, I'd let them know it's easy to use. You have manuals and courses to help you navigate the solution. The new releases make it so that it continuously gets easier.

I would rate the solution at a ten out of ten.

Umar  Farooq , OCS
Oracle ERP Consultant at Al Falak
Saves time and reduces errors for invoicing and bank reconciliation

• "The most valuable features are the UiPath studio tools with the recording feature to capture the navigation of the process on the screen."
  • "In most cases, the results from the software are the same and not variable. This means that we have to define the variable by editing the flow chart."

What is our primary use case?

We use robotic process automation to automate the business process of the company.

We are using the Oracle JD Edwards. We have automated the HR process for the payroll and payslips.

We used UiPath for the scanning of attachments and uploading/attaching them in the Oracle system automatically. Previously, we used to take a day or two in doing so. Most of the daily human errors are minimized.

We used this for automated internal requests including automatic reconciliation instead of several clicks from the user and automatic correction of the master records or any change required.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the work process of a task that used to take two days and is now done during the breaks of the employees. This means employees can do other tasks.

It has improved the time it takes to do the bank reconciliation from the system. It now matches the value based on the common transaction number and the reconciliation is done.

Secondly, the attachment of documents to the invoice, which is sometimes missed, is a very basic process to do. It used to take a lot of time, so instead, employees can now do productive work rather than attaching the PDF file to the transactions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the UiPath studio tools with the recording feature to capture the navigation of the process on the screen.

The Excel data, which takes a lot of time to upload in software like Oracle and SAP, can be done through the screen instead of the back end.

I personally use the features of uploading the massive records from the front end through the UiPath studio instead of uploading them through the interface table, which sometimes gives an error resulting in having to troubleshoot and check the logs of the application. It has benefits of its own but sometimes in such cases, UiPath is very handy.

What needs improvement?

It's a very powerful tool but it can still be improved in many ways. In most cases, the results from the software are the same and not variable. This means that we have to define the variable by editing the flow chart. This case happens when we are recording the navigation from the web. Moreover, sometimes there are lots of screens in the process and decision making is required.

I believe in the future this process will be handled by the click of a button or automated in a better way, with minimum human intervention.

I have almost one year of hands-on experience with the product.

UiPath studio and orchestrator are pretty stable unless some human intervention is required within the process workflow.You might face hang or freeze but very minimal.

It can be case to case for the system you are using while i did install it i faced.

The scalability is fantastic.

The customer support is amazing.

We did not have such a process in place before this.

Coming from an ERP background, I did not find the initial setup to be very complicated.

The configuration is easy to do.

We implemented this solution using our in-house team.

We have not calculated ROI to this point.

UiPath is not very pricey. If you purchase an Orchestrator then it's pricey but you receive the benefit that it runs many processes simultaneously.

I did not evaluate other options before choosing UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

I can't wait to have automation with every human in portable devices. It will automate not just the business process but daily life activities.

Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GL
VP - Information Technology at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Users can do more tasks that should have been done all along but weren't getting done

• "We see time savings for our users in the sense that they now can do more tasks that should have been done all along but weren't getting done. That's more where the gains have been this far."
  • "The API integrations need improvement. They should build a better framework for the ability to integrate with other external APIs."

What is our primary use case?

We're still building up the program, but right now our primary use case is for report review. We're looking to branch that out more.

It's reviewing reports. I worked for a bank and there are reports of transactions from the previous day. UiPath was looking for anomalies for fraud and things like that.

How has it helped my organization?

It's still very early on but we have caught a few instances of fraud that we would not have if we weren't using UiPath.

UiPath has reduced human error. We're very early, so it's not a big impact, but we did find a few instances of fraud that we would not have found without it.

We see time savings for our users in the sense that they now can do more tasks that should have been done all along but weren't getting done. That's more where the gains have been this far.

What is most valuable?

I like the whole ecosystem. They're not just looking at the automation tool, they're looking at automation from end to end.

It's pretty easy to build automations. I have a coding background so it's not particularly challenging for me to use Studio, but for a person who does not have that coding background, I think that the Visual Builder guides you through the process pretty easy.

UiPath Academy is a good training program for people without that coding background. It's good to get them into the mindset of how exactly flows works of automation.

The Academy offers us familiarization with Studio and how it functions.

What needs improvement?

The API integrations need improvement. They should build a better framework for the ability to integrate with other external APIs.

I have been using UiPath for less than a year.

I would rate the stability an eight out of ten.

It's pretty straightforward. It either runs or it doesn't. Occasionally it does crash and we've had to restart services and whatnot to get it going again.

We haven't been using it enough to see how it can scale.

There are two ITs who use it in my company.

We have plans to increase usage.

We don't really see our staff as being good candidates for citizen development. There are a few that could, but we do plan to expand out into other departments as far as gathering ideas and implementing processes for other departments.

Their support is pretty average. It's not good or bad. It's off-shored. There are always difficulties with cultural differences and language barriers. They know what they're doing but sometimes it takes a while going around in circles to get the question that you're asking across. That's pretty normal. Most companies are the same way. I would say all companies have huge room for improvement there.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. It was easy. The installation instructions walk you through the process. We didn't run into any problems. It took less than a week.

We also looked at AntWorks and Blue Prism. We went with UiPath because of the maturity of the product that seemed far more mature than its competitors. The product seemed more thought out.

What other advice do I have?

Based on our experiences, I would say you have to have employees that are dedicated to doing this. This can't be done as a side project.

I would rate UiPath a nine out of ten. Nothing is completely perfect. The stability of it could use a little bit of improvement. The support is not great. UiPath is very good, but no one is perfect.

Software Engineer In Test at CenturyLink
OCR and text validation features help us save time on manual tasks

• "Scraping data from the application using OCR and other text validation features is amazing in UiPath."
  • "UiPath support needs to be a bit quicker than it is currently."

What is our primary use case?

We have a system to create a multiple orders to perform automation testing. Here, UiPath helps us to create a bunch of orders without the hassle of creating a separate automation suite for this need.

When creating orders manually became a tough job for the user then it needed a benchmark for us to resolve this kind of situation to make teams more agile at work. This motivated us to find a solution to counter this problem in our organization. Definitely, it has helped to make us more agile.

How has it helped my organization?

UiPath has helped us to achieve our goal as we are able to do what we intended to with automation. We are now dependent on UiPath to create the orders instead of having to do this manually. Earlier, this used to happen in a very traditional way and it was time-consuming, but UiPath has helped to perform this task with lightning speed. Now, we have more focus on implementing other things smoothly.

What is most valuable?

Scraping data from the application using OCR and other text validation features is amazing in UiPath. These have helped us to create a reliable solution for our needs.

What needs improvement?

UiPath support needs to be a bit quicker than it is currently. They need to be very quick when they see a customer is struggling with something and taking the step to contact support.

The UiPath team needs to put some effort into improving the support section online. They should also improve the UiPath community forum so that beginners can receive help with activities that they require.

I have been using UiPath for the past eight months.

Stability is a part where I would definitely rate UiPath a five out of five. It is really the best among all RPA products in this regard.

We have a small flow that we have automated, but I feel UiPath will not let us down if we increase the capacity.

This is a part where I really think that UiPath needs improvement. They need to take up the issues from customers very quickly and resolve them on the highest priority.

We had not used any other RPA solution before UiPath.

This solution is very easy to set up. There is a bit of a hassle if support is expected from the UiPath team.

We have implemented using our internal team.

Significant manual efforts put into tasks have been reduced and a good amount of time is being saved. Overall, our time savings results in ROI.

The setup cost is minimal as far as other options are considered.

We did indeed evaluate other options before choosing UiPath. We thought to use Automation Anywhere for our RPA needs but after doing some research, we chose UiPath.

During the evaluation process, we found significant failures when performing tests on exactly the same tasks.

What other advice do I have?

UiPath is the most amazing RPA solution available in the market. Certainly, this gets plus points when it comes to feature versus cost ratio. Therefore, I would highly recommend UiPath because it comes with more stability and reliability than other solutions.

There are some features like different types of recorders. For example, Citrix and desktop are the variants we have in UiPath to solve our problems.

Other than the issues with technical support, I think that UiPath is a complete package for automating solutions in a rapid and fast environment.

Other
reviewer1266324
RPA Solutions & Support Lead at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Allows use of .NET classes and the technical support is good

• "The most valuable feature that UiPath has is the ability to be able to use .NET functions."
  • "I feel that a Host Admin, being a master Admin, should be somehow able to login to different tenants."

What is our primary use case?

I started using UiPath version 2017.1 and currently, I am using 2018.4.6.

We had a requirement of fetching emails, which are basically requests from clients filled on our website form. We read those emails and process the data filled by the user in the form. There are different forms like a request to provide reports, a request to add or delete a user, etc.

After reading these emails, the bot has to take the necessary action on our Primary CRM application. Depending on the request type, the bot will navigate to the necessary module in the application and perform the request as defined in the email request.

How has it helped my organization?

Earlier, we had a team of around 20 people working in one shift to handle these requests. We were able to scale back on 15 of these team members and utilize them for other work in the organization.

Five people are still required to process exceptions that the bots are not able to process due to multiple reasons. Additionally, the UiPath bots helped process the requests for the entire day, compared to the processing happening only during business hours.

We were also able to reduce the time taken to process each request from approximately ten minutes to two minutes.

What is most valuable?

There are many RPA tools available in the market.

The most valuable feature that UiPath has is the ability to be able to use .NET functions. Basically, all of the data manipulation functions and classes available in .NET are accessible in UiPath and this makes it easier to cast data and use it correctly.

Apart from this, the Queue is one of the best things that other tools do not have. This enables us to have work items queued and then run multiple bots to pick up items and work on them simultaneously.

What needs improvement?

As more and more organization units are trying to use RPA, there might be a need to have separation of data within multiple tenants or organizational units. Not only on the front-end but also the ability to have a separate database for each Tenant. This will leave no room for the enterprise security team to raise questions on data separation.

I feel that a Host Admin, being a master Admin, should be somehow able to login to different tenants.

I have been using UiPath for the past two years.

UiPath is quite a stable product. I haven't seen many issues and I rarely had to contact the support team for reporting issues.

UiPath is completely scalable. Right from giving you an option to segregate processes between different organizational units to expanding to multiple robots.

Customer Service is prompt and the technical support team is highly efficient and knowledgeable.

We used Automation Anywhere earlier, which is a more user-friendly and less complex RPA tool compared to UiPath. We finally had to switch due to certain capabilities that were restrictive in AA. Stability was also a factor.

I think the setup cost is quite nominal, but the licensing might be on a higher side when compared to Automation Anywhere. However, we should not forget about the features and flexibility which UiPath has.

We did not evaluate any other options. We moved from Automation Anywhere to UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

I think that for the most part, this product has all of the required features.

Private Cloud

Other
reviewer1251909
User at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Supports Python and .NET code for ease of development, and the community support is good

• "The inbuilt RE Framework makes development easier and fast."
  • "The Community Edition is not stable, so end-users working on the Community version may find some errors or issues when using this tool."

What is our primary use case?

I have worked in many industries and domains like healthcare and finance. I have automated web-based applications and Email automation.

Automated an end-to-end process that starts with the user raising a request in BMC Remedy. It handles requests for respective Roles in the GRC System of SAP. This process includes identifying the Request number from the BMC remedy Ticket. The BOT identifies respective control owners for requested roles and requests the controlling owner for their approval. Then BOT performs the Approval/Rejection process accordingly.

How has it helped my organization?

UiPath has improved my organization in many ways. With the help of UiPath, we were able to automate our mundane and repetitive tasks and this has saved us lots of time. Also, it has enhanced our productivity and reduces the error rate. We were able to complete our tasks as per client requirements.

What is most valuable?

Orchestrator is the feature that allows making use of robots for remote location systems. The work queue is the added advantage to maintain the bot data.

The inbuilt RE Framework makes development easier and fast.

UiPath helped me to automate the various complex and mundane processes. You can also run your Python and .NET code in UiPath, which makes the development easy.

The UiPath interface is very user-friendly and also it is easy to learn and use.

There are many online certifications in the UiPath Academy, so it helps the user to become a certified developer and learn everything from the online courses.

Support from the UiPath community is very good.

What needs improvement?

There are some problems with selectors and in PDF extraction so it could be improved a little bit.

There is a bug in UiPath that occurs when the URL of the web page changes. We are unable to scrap the data from that application page.

The Community Edition is not stable, so end-users working on the Community version may find some errors or issues when using this tool. Also, debugging is not as expected. A lot of issues occur during debugging.

I have been working on UiPath for one and a half years.

UiPath is good stability-wise. I have had a great experience with UiPath.

I find that the scalability of this tool is very good.

Support from UiPath technical community is very good and the response time, I would like to say, is very prompt.

We did not use another RPA solution prior to UiPath.

I was not involved in the Setup part. I had a team for this but as per my understanding, this tool is easy to setup.

I have implemented this through the in-house team.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

UiPath is a very complete software and allows you to make different robots depending on the system. Its main function is to save time and automate project management, which it does very well. It allows you to remove software and in this way, you will return to Create them but automated so that artificial intelligence (AI) can work correctly. It collaborates with employees.

It is possible to automate, for example, Excel files so that the forms can be filled automatically and not manually.

Overall, I am very happy and I recommend it.

Nilesh Pawar
Associate Director - Cloud Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Top 5Quality
Prevents human error, increases data accuracy, standardization, and quality of data for the shipping processes

• "Attended Bots have been star cases as it totally removes dependencies of user literacy to know the application."
  • "UiPath should focus more on recommendations of process automation based on ERP Applications like Oracle, SAP etc. They should also provide a list of possible RPA cases as per departments, processes and based on various industry domains."

What is our primary use case?

RPA - Novigo Automation Framework Solutions - Setup an Automation Factory Model.

Automation Focus has been Productivity, Quality, Cost, Process Optimization, and compliance.

Focused on delivering Process Automation for Oracle EBS ERP application for various departments including IT, Finance, Operations, Engineering, Sales .etc

1. Manufacturing: Master data maintenance & monitoring Inventory transactions, BOM error fix & transfer, WIP issue & complacent
  2. Finance: Financial closing, IC transaction, security & FA master & transactions, Master data, duplicate check, auto-CM creation & auto-payment, Customer Master, running letter, print errors & auto-receipts
  3. Supply Chain: Sales order Integration with the portal, shipment, RMA, digital shipping & backorder, item cost update & inventory interface, procurement, receiving & monitoring
  4. System Admin: Access provisioning, - Creating responsibility, Monitoring pending transaction & analyzer.

How has it helped my organization?

RPA Automation has accelerated heavily within the organization.

It started with task automation and ended up with process automation.

• Increased Operational excellence - With multiple FTE savings every month.
  • Lowered operational cost with a minimum saving of 780+ Man hours every month.
  • Overall $1 million annual savings through improved process efficiency.
  • Increased Shipping Order execution velocity by 2x times -At least 10,000 orders in every 4 days.
  • Amplified shipping process efficiency and employee productivity by 100% - with one click execution.
  • ABCDi (AnyBody Can Do it) technique enables Zero dependencies on SME requirement to perform the task and Zero dollars spend on training the Shipping operators.
  • Prevents human error, increases data accuracy, standardization, and quality of data for the shipping process.
  • Excellent ROI with investment cost recovered in 1.25 months timeline and an Annualized ROI for 5 years is 68.50%
  • Built from LTI Novigo Automation Framework, it provides the agility and speed required to customize and deploy the solution quickly.

What is most valuable?

• Attended Bots have been star cases as it totally removes dependencies of user literacy to know the application.
  • With Novigo Automation Framework, the implementation lifecycle is accelerated by about 25%-to-32%, while drastically reducing the implementation services cost. Identification of possible use cases along with efforts required, time involved, and cost savings can be easily envisioned by using NAF.

What needs improvement?

• RPA AI capabilities - UiPath is leading in this area.
    • UiPath should focus more on recommendations of process automation based on ERP Applications like Oracle, SAP etc. They should also provide a list of possible RPA cases as per departments, processes and based on various industry domains.
    • More on RPA Governance features to be provided out of the box.
    • RPA Capabilities with IVR Channels to address voice commands will be a game changer for Customer call center cases.

We have been using UiPath for two years.

Excellent in stability.

Easily scalable in a few minutes.

UiPath Cloud Orchestrator setup is pretty must straightforward, we manage to do a complete setup in a matter of a few hours time.

We deployed it in-house - SI - LTI.

>30% ROI  - we recovery of overall investments recovered in seven months' time.

UiPath is very cost-effective.

Yes, we have evaluated all top RPA products like Automation Anywhere and Blue Prism.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
    Priya Zaveri
    Automation Tech Resource Lead at Kelly Services, Inc.
    Solution helped us scale faster, evolve as an organization

• "UiPath has enabled us as an organization to perform an array of tasks with more proficiency and efficiency. Automation is very important to our organization now and UiPath has played an immense role."
    • "The pricing structure is very complicated."

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases have evolved over time. We have use cases for screening and onboarding candidates, feeding new hires into the payroll system, and timekeeping. Right now, we are working on a document understanding use case. It is going to help us read supplier insurance forms.

How has it helped my organization?

UiPath has enabled us as an organization to perform an array of tasks with more proficiency and efficiency. Automation is very important to our organization now and UiPath has played an immense role.

UiPath makes building automations incredibly easy. The platform is very robust and it is scalable. UiPath also has a strong community, which has helped democratize RPA in a true sense. The community and expertise can be leveraged quickly to meet a common goal.

The UiPath Academy has helped us move forward more efficiently. It is a great source of information and knowledge for both new users and those taking the advanced courses. I see the UiPath Academy evolving in the future.

What is most valuable?

One of the features I've found valuable is UiPath Studio. We have a huge development team of about eight to ten people and they are currently working with it. We also have a citizen developer program that is leveraging StudioX.

Orchestrator is important for us as well.

These features are valuable because they allow different groups of people to complete their tasks. UiPath is a robust platform. It helps us cater to different audiences.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model is sometimes very confusing and could be simplified for customers. That would help us understand, gauge the offer, and work it into our existing infrastructure.

We started using UiPath in 2017. We have had a great journey with it. UiPath has helped us scale faster, especially with RPA implementations. It also helped us evolve through our automation journey.

My impression of the stability is that it's like any other software. We have never had a problem with UiPath and the platform has been stable enough to enable us to scale a lot.

We have been happy with UiPath's scalability so far. I would give it a nine out of 10. We are currently deploying about 95% of our automations through UiPath. We are very into it and plan to expand from there.

Yes, we did use a different solution but I cannot disclose which. However, I can say this much: we decided to switch because of the community UiPath has built. Also, the platform and product are packaged correctly. Everything is laid out well and it seems like UiPath understands what businesses need.

The initial setup was straightforward and easy. UiPath has an incredible team in place. They help us every now and then. It did not take us much time to go through the initial setup and get the solution deployed.

We have realized savings in the millions of dollars overall.

The pricing structure is very complicated. Someone from the organization has to sit down and set aside some time to fully understand it.

Yes, we did evaluate other options but I cannot disclose which.

What other advice do I have?

Start your journey with UiPath. Engage someone from UiPath and have them go through the journey with you.

Hybrid Cloud
    Download our free UiPath Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.