reviewer1250673
User at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reduces processing time without sacrificing quality and has good support

• "UiPath is great for desktop automation because it integrates well with applications and we are able to tailor selectors to our needs."
  • "One scenario where it is not great is on remote desktop automation, where applications are not directly accessible."

What is our primary use case?

UiPath is the go-to tool if you need to automate tasks that can be combined to create an automated process. We provide services to customers using UiPath. They come to us with their needs, be it to improve performance, accuracy, or reduce costs, and we help them by automating processes that, most of the time, consume too much in terms of unnecessary human resources.

How has it helped my organization?

We have many successful cases where the customer has noticed an important reduction in processing time while also maintaining excelent quality.

What is most valuable?

This solution is especially efficient if the process being automated involves legacy applications that do not and can not be automated using APIs.

What needs improvement?

One scenario where it is not great is on remote desktop automation, where applications are not directly accessible. It does, however, have some features to facilitate this kind of automation and definitely stands out from the competition because of things like that.

I have used UiPath for the last nine months.

The product is very stable and no weird behaviours should be expected.

This solution is extremely scalable. It has a cloud platform to manage the workforce and can work with parallelism.

The support team responds fast and seem to be interested in solving problems.

I have used Kryon.

The initial setup is not really complex.

We implemented UiPath through a vendor and they seemed to be experts.

Our ROI varies from project to project.

There are different licensing options and you should study which one better suits your company's needs.

We did not evaluate other options because we work with the tools that our customers buy and we do not get a say in what they acquire.

What other advice do I have?

There is no doubt why UiPath is the market leader, it is very robust, flexible and has great learning material and documentation. The team and community behind this product are amazing.

reviewer1247202
User at a non-profit with 10,001+ employees
Reduces time in manual invoice processing, and the screen recorder speeds the design process

• "Computer Vision using Microsoft and Tesseract are pretty useful."
  • "They should add chatbots functionality for Microsoft Teams and not only for Slack."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the Automation of invoice processing.

We're looking to automate some processes like invoicing in order to make the organization more efficient and reduce workload for the employees. Invoices are non-structured or semi-structured data, so we're going to use OCR to extract the data and then automate the invoice process.

How has it helped my organization?

We have automated some processes and have reduced the time that users take while doing those tasks. For example, we use to manually fill in certain forms with the chargebacks, and now we use Clockify Time Tracker with automation that fills in the forms and uploads them to SharePoint.

What is most valuable?

The Screen Recorder has a lot of different features like web and desktop. Native and Citrix Recording are pretty useful for speeding up the design process.

Computer Vision using Microsoft and Tesseract are pretty useful.

The new release of Studio X is a game-changer because this new app focuses on Business users. It is going to be useful for the organization because they can start creating their own automations.

What needs improvement?

They could give more information about beta / pre-releases so more people can test them and give their feedback.

Keep updating the documentation because sometimes you get redirected to a non-existent page or an old version of the activity.

We have been using UiPath for six months.

UiPath is pretty stable and if you have any issues with a new version you can rollback.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is straightforward. There's a lot of documentation also you have the forum if you are facing any issue.

My advice is to ask about how the licensing works and how to get access to the other services that UiPath provides.

Before choosing UiPath, we evaluated Datamatics, AntWorks, and Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest downloading the Community Edition and testing UiPath yourself. Join the automation first industry.

Other
Learn what your peers think about UiPath. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1245933
User at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
The Excellent UiPath Drag And Drop Interface

• "The most valuable features of UiPath are the drag and drop activities."
  • "UiPath should also add activities for the Excel application like formatting Excel columns and rows."

What is our primary use case?

The solutions or test cases where we have used UiPath are:

1. Formatting different types of files (.csv, .dat, and .xls) to .txt
  2. Reconciling data between different applications
  3. The direct-debit application process

We deployed the solution inside a virtual machine in Cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

The organizations where we have implemented the UiPath solution have seen reduction and savings in time and FTEs. Processors were able to focus on other tasks and have the robot work on mundane and repetitive tasks.

The most recent organization is happy with the output and is planning to have other processes automated.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of UiPath are the drag and drop activities.

Since UiPath offers eLearning it makes it useful for developers to learn the basic activities used in automating processes.

UiPath also offers documentation and forums that help developers during debugging.

What needs improvement?

The product should be made more friendly to non-programming users, as some functions require a background in VB.NET.

We have been using UiPath for ten months.

The workflow was able to handle the exceptions gracefully. The solution followed the ReFrameWork template of UiPath.

The solution is scalable as we are able to reuse the workflow.

We have not reached out to customer service during the implementation.

From the start, we used UiPath in automating processes.

Installation of Studio is straightforward but the Orchestrator, we don't have visibility as the client's IT team performed the installation.

The implementation was performed by the in-house team.

We don't have visibility on the ROI, just feedback from the client to say they have seen reduction and savings in time and FTEs.

We did not evaluate other options prior to implementing UiPath. It was decided and chosen by the organization and recommended by the Business Analyst.

What other advice do I have?

We have created a workflow that is dynamic and reusable.

Overall, UiPath Studio is easy to use and navigate.

Private Cloud
Dhenn Espiritu
Senior RPA Consultant at Ernst & Young
Good community and an intuitive interface that makes it easy to develop workflows and save us money

• "The community is what I like most in UiPath and I think that without it, the solution would be hard to learn like Blue Prism was in its earlier years."
  • "There are some limitations like the UiPath Executor becoming stuck when running 10GB text files, which is something that really needs to be fixed."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to automate business processes and save millions of dollars in operational efficiency. We are developing new automated solutions for our clients and partners, and also training new developers to use this tool to deliver great results by the end of the year.

How has it helped my organization?

The business has saved million worth of dollars in cost savings.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is intuitive and it is easy to develop workflows.

The community is what I like most in UiPath and I think that without it, the solution would be hard to learn like Blue Prism was in its earlier years.

What needs improvement?

There could be improvements made in in terms of debugging. Troubleshooting is hard.

I hope there can be more major improvements in Orchestrator, such as the ability to have session variables other than assets.

Being able to filter work queues, just like what Blue Prism has, would be a helpful addition.

The training is difficult and should be made better.

We have been using UiPath for almost two years.

UiPath is a very stable solution.

This solution is very scalable.  Our UiPath team has grown from 10 to more than 50 developers, including business analysts, process analysts, developers, senior developers, and solution architects. Hoping to grow our organization more as new clients are coming in.

Customer support is great but not that fast.

Prior to UiPath, I used Blue Prism. I switched because my company switched.

The initial setup is not straightforward but also not complex.

I set up UiPath on my own.

More than a million dollars.

UiPath is more cost-effective than any other tool.

I did not evaluate other options. Aside from Blue Prism, UiPath is the best.

Overall, UiPath is the best in providing a community for all developers.

Hybrid Cloud
reviewer1249212
User at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to use and proficient at extracting structured data, saving us from wasting time on manual review

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to extract structured data, as this is an essential part of the bots that we create."
  • "The ease of sharing the bot to different users is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We work with third-party recruiting software to organize candidates and track applicants. We utilize the bot to pull information from these pages and organize it and run actions.

Utilizing the bots to screen resumes helps prevent time being wasted on initial tasks around recruitment.

How has it helped my organization?

It has saved countless hours of manual review which frees up resources for other internal initiatives. We are able to better recruit candidates, which makes us a more efficient organization from the ground up, with better resources at our disposal for different projects.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to extract structured data, as this is an essential part of the bots that we create.

UiPath is intuitive and easy to use. Other systems don't have the ease of use that UiPath has. My organization has worked with its competitors and have not liked the results.

What needs improvement?

The ease of sharing the bot to different users is something that should be improved.

Something of "cloud" capabilities would be a useful inclusion. We live in a time where remote work is essential and we should be able to access and run the bot from anywhere.

Typically, you can run these processes in the background but it slows down the computer.

We have been using UiPath for less than a year.

There are lots of updates but it is a stable solution.

In terms of scalability, this is the best automation system I have worked with so far.

My suggestion is to use the forums at https://forum.uipath.com/

We did use another solution prior to UiPath but it didn't have the functionality that we were looking for. Also, it was not intuitive.

The initial setup is straightforward. Buy the license, download the software.

My advice is to try the system out with the Community Edition first.

We have looked at a wide variety of automation tools.

RPA Developer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Employees can see information very quickly, reducing a lot of complications

• "I like the document understanding feature. It gives us more accuracy."

What is our primary use case?

We are using attended automation. I help drive a lot of products in UiPath. Now, we are using their data process mining and document understanding features. We are creating forms, then putting data on the forms, so our attended bots will work.

How has it helped my organization?

We use UiPath to resolve customer complaints by creating buttons that link to back-end integrations.

Employees can see information very quickly, reducing a lot of complications.

Uipth gives us as good speed and accuracy to improve all the bot la performance.

What is most valuable?

I like the document understanding feature. It gives us more accuracy.

The AI and machine learning features are very useful for us.

UI Targets enabled us to quickly build automations within multiple applications, even without the right connectors. For example, we can drag and drop Outlook activities.

We use UiPath selector technology is a wonderful feature, especially compared to other RPA tools.

From mobile applications, we use Orchestrator where we can monitor processes and share them.

What needs improvement?

Need more AI and Machine learning build technology and integration of 3rd party applications. Need some improvements in orchestrator

We have been using it for around two years.

5,000 people are using UiPath.

Any queries that we have, we can go onto their forums. If there are issues, we can contact their support and they will resolve them.

We have used Automation Anywhere, which is complex to understand.

The initial deployment was not complex.

I will rate the level of expertise is 9(out of ten)

The attended automation has saved us time.

The pricing is average; it is not too high nor too low.

Its speed is better than other RPA solutions. They release more updates, details, and features compared to their competitors.

What other advice do I have?

We can learn from UiPath Academy.

I would rate the solution as a nine (out of 10).

Client Account Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    A user-friendly solution that improves process efficiency and reduces human error

• "This solution is intuitive, user-friendly, and has a specific framework that allows for quick robot deployment."
    • "Dynamic Selectors should have a specific chapter apart, as most of the tools are currently driven as such."

What is our primary use case?

We use UiPath for process efficiency and task automation. Our primary use case is process automation and avoidance of manual tasks and activities, reducing human errors and leaving resources to think on tactical and strategical matters rather than executing non-value-added activities.

How has it helped my organization?

The key value lever that UiPath addresses is process efficiency. We are now able to focus on tactical/strategic activities rather than daily operational tasks. We have improved our performance, efficiency, and data reliability. Resources are happier working with more high-level activities.

What is most valuable?

This solution is intuitive, user-friendly, and has a specific framework that allows for quick robot deployment. Most of the time, all you need to do is simple drag-and-drop, which allows regular users to interact and work with the solution to create their own robots.

What needs improvement?

Dynamic Selectors should have a specific chapter apart, as most of the tools are currently driven as such. It is still a bit difficult to decide which selectors must be used based on current descriptions and documentation. My view is that overall content and story line could be reviewed for a more impressive experience. That is the only thing I have to raise, as all of the other features and functionalities are pretty good.

We have been using UiPath for two years.

UiPath seems very stable and I haven´t noticed any crash.

UiPath supports the creation of several robots and can handle the capacity and demand of large companies.

I did not use another RPA solution prior to this one.

This solution is very easy to set up.

Implementation was done by our in-house team.

License costs are high, but the setup is really quick and does not demand a lot of resources involved.

We did not evaluate other solutions before choosing this one.

reviewer1249323
    User at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
    Appealing GUI and the Orchestrator queues are helpful for large volumes of data

• "The training available in UiPath is really awesome and the material makes you automation-ready so that one can work on real-time projects."
    • "I would like a way to add priority to the outgoing mails from UiPath studio."

What is our primary use case?

I use it to provide training on UiPath.

In the past, I have used UiPath to automate the debit card activation web portal. The task is to read data from Excel and put it into the web portal.

I used it for DMS portal automation as well, after reading scanned PDFs and updating data in the DMS portal.

How has it helped my organization?

Currently, I work as a trainer, and the community edition has helped me train many developers in Uipath.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is Orchestrator Queues, as it comes in really handy when processing large sets of data.

I find the great GUI of UiPath very appealing.

The training available in UiPath is really awesome and the material makes you automation-ready so that one can work on real-time projects.

What needs improvement?

Below are the three features that need improvement:

• Allow "Wait for task" to be used in XAML files other than Main.
    • Allow mail-type variable to be stored in Orchestrator queues.
    • I would like a way to add priority to the outgoing mails from UiPath studio.

I have been using UiPath for one year.

I would rate stability at 90%.

Easily scalable by buying licenses from platform.uipath.com.

The technical team at UiPath is really very helpful.

I did not use another RPA solution prior to UiPath.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I would rate my vendor team a nine out of ten.

My advice is to use the community edition first to automate a small business process and then go full-on with UiPath.

I evaluated Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

Its great software. Just download UiPath and try for yourself.

Private Cloud

Other
    Download our free UiPath Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.