UKG OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

UKG is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Employee Scheduling Software. It is most often compared to Workday: UKG vs Workday

What is UKG?

At UKG, our purpose is people — real people with real challenges, and a simple request. Help me keep my employees productive, connected, and happy. So that’s what we did.

We’ve created an unmatched suite of HR and workforce management solutions, backed by our people who care about yours. Our solutions deliver global workforce experiences that truly reflect the connection between life and work today. That means insights are deeper. Work is easier. And interactions are more meaningful.

UKG is also known as UKG Pro, UKG Dimensons, UKG Ready.

Download the Benefits Administration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

UKG Customers

Tesla, Marriott, Yamaha, Aramark, Feeding America, Samsung, Sony Music, Dave & Buster's, Revlon

UKG Video

Archived UKG Reviews (more than two years old)

LM
Business & Integration Architect Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
It's fun and easy to use on the cloud portion, but timeout issues and slowdowns need to be fixed

What is our primary use case?

• Core HR
  • Compensation
  • Benefits
  • Payroll
  • Absences.

How has it helped my organization?

• Fun, and easy to use on the cloud portion
  • There is a need to manage back-office applications in order to get everything done which is a more complex setting with security not flowing through. Also, complexity in compensation plans is not accommodated.
  • Prorations over more then a pay period is not possible, so allocating mid-hire bonuses prorated will be a manual task to accomplish.
  • System slowdowns and bugs when processing payroll on Mondays and Tuesdays with too much high traffic from other customers. If you are patient, have a simple payroll, other requirements, and no rushes.
  • Ultimate is cute and fun.
  • It creates more manual work at a slower pace, fills your week as a user, and as an enterprise you might want to utilize that time elsewhere. Also, the cost for services after implementation is out of this world.

What is most valuable?

Customer lead was nice!

What needs improvement?

• Bring all components for HR and payroll to the cloud.
  • Fix timeout issues and slowdowns when all customers are running payroll on Mondays and Tuesdays.

SC
Sr. HRIS Analyst at a individual & family service with 1,001-5,000 employees
Leaderboard
Corrects gaps in talent/comp, but requires improvements in reporting and talent suite

What is our primary use case?

Full suite.

How has it helped my organization?

Correcting gaps in talent/comp as well as reporting compared to other vendors.

What is most valuable?

Platform configuration.

What needs improvement?

Reporting and talent suite.

More than five years.

What is our primary use case?

Full suite.

How has it helped my organization?

Correcting gaps in talent/comp as well as reporting compared to other vendors.

What is most valuable?

Platform configuration.

What needs improvement?

Reporting and talent suite.

More than five years.
Find out what your peers are saying about UKG, Workday, ADP and others in Benefits Administration. Updated: October 2021.
541,108 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Deanna Criss
Accounting Coordinator at Smithers-Oasis Company
Leaderboard
Gives time management reports which break out reclassified jobs and departments to separate areas of the company

• "It is much easier to use and the customer service is better than our previous solution."
  • "The most valuable feature is being able to get time management reports which break out reclassified jobs and departments to separate areas of the company. This allows for better tracking of hours spent in certain jobs and where more hours may be needed."
  • "I would like to see more functionality in the next release to be able to get hours and dollars per calendar month rather than just by payroll in the Business Intelligence reports."

What is our primary use case?

• Payroll and Time Management
  • General ledger
  • New department and account numbers for the fiscal year 2019 are mapped.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

UltiPro Time Management reports are easy to use and manipulate. However, these reports are not pretty. I would like to see more functionality in the next release to be able to get hours and dollars per calendar month rather than just by payroll in the Business Intelligence reports.

We implemented it less than two years ago, but it is already a better solution than ADP.

SW
Chief Architect at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
Leaderboard
Reports can be customized and downloaded to multiple formats

What is our primary use case?

Payroll would be the primary function.  However, having the HR and T&L module integrated with the payroll system makes my overall job easier.

How has it helped my organization?

One system for all modules makes is easier to administer employee data. The new hire onboarding makes it quick and easy to assign required forms and to see that the forms are completed.

What is most valuable?

Payroll, P&L, and HR modules. One system for all modules makes is easier to administer employee data. Reports can be customized and downloaded to multiple formats.

What needs improvement?

The self service benefit enrollment tool could be more user friendly.  Employees that are not computer savvy tend to have more difficulty and require help from the administrator.

10 out of 10.

It was straightforward. The type of data requested was not unusual or difficult to gather.

With HR systems, you get what you pay for. Cookie cutter systems have little customization and will typically cost less. However, they have limitations to what the system can do. SuiteHR is not a cookie cutter system and is customized to a business's needs. The pricing is inline with other similar systems.

Yes. Bamboo and ADP.

What other advice do I have?

The system is highly customized.

it_user656580
Web Designer at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Training is streamlined and data gathering is made easy

What is most valuable?

Reporting  Payroll processing

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to report on all HR data with ease. Training is streamlined and data gathering is made easy.

What needs improvement?

Additional customer support reps are needed.

11 years.

There are always issues when implementing a new solution, but nothing out of the ordinary.

No issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is okay. In some areas, they really excel, and in others, they have room for improvement. They…

What is most valuable?

• Reporting
  • Payroll processing

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Additional customer support reps are needed.

11 years.

No issues.

Customer service is okay. In some areas, they really excel, and in others, they have room for improvement. They have grown quickly and may need a few more reps to keep up with the high volume.

The first level of tech support is very out-of-the-box, but once you are past that level, they are very knowledgeable.

Yes, we used Ceridian. Ultimate provided more user-friendly processes and reporting.

No initial setup is straightforward, when moving from one system to another. There is a lot of mapping and back and forth around ensuring what you are doing makes sense.

Not applicable.

Know what you want and ask for it.

Yes, but it was long ago and I can't recall.

Brett Garlick
Director - Human Resource Services at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Leaderboard

What is most valuable?

• Payroll
  • Employee self-service
  • Manager self-service
  • Intuitive
  • Ease of use

How has it helped my organization?

• Eliminate papers
  • Provides employees and managers direct access to their information and the ability to make changes.
  • Advanced reporting

What needs improvement?

Ultimate is growing fast and this has occasionally impacted response time with the customer support team.

One year.

Deployment was extremely successful. I really like the Ultimate model of in-house deployment staff. It eliminates all the finger pointing created by outsourcing implementation.

No issues.

Good. Response times has been a bit slow occasionally.

Good.

Yes. I switched because I needed a cloud-based system with richer functionality.

The initial setup is very straightforward with the help of Ultimate staff dedicated to the success of the project.

In-house - the best solution by far.

About 18 months.

Negotiate for the best price you can. Make sure you include the number of BI (Cognos) licenses that you will need to perform custom reporting.

SAP, Oracle, ADP, Ceridian, and Fairsail.

What other advice do I have?

This is by far the best solution for the price. A vendor that is solely focused on HR and payroll solutions is perfectly suited for ongoing enhancements ensuring long-term strategy for results.

it_user758076
Senior Payroll Operations Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
It offers a full suite of integrated HRIS

What is most valuable?

• The solution is extremely configurable.
  • The reporting functionality is fantastic.
  • It offers a full suite of integrated HRIS.

How has it helped my organization?

The most dramatic impact that I have seen, especially for smaller firms, is a direct, appropriate impact to improve segregation of duties, best practices, and well-defined security roles. This is above and beyond meeting the expectation of consistent, accurate payrolls and reporting.

What needs improvement?

Like most SaaS providers today, the improvement potential lies in the service offering rather than the product. Prompt, knowledgeable, SME service is a must-have to support product champions. I personally preferred the tiered service solution they had five years ago to the current solution where first level support relays information back and forth between the client and the SME. When the translation is conducted by non-SME support, much is “lost in translation” and this can be very costly, because it is extremely time-consuming and often results in miscommunication.

In total, both in consulting and employee functions, eight years.

As with any implementation, do your homework and be prepared. The implementation team will be ready to advance your solution to production promptly. Engage all appropriate internal teams well in advance of the start of implementation.

Not at all. Ultipro is a steadfast, reliable solution.

Not at all. The product is quite flexible and user-friendly.

Technical support, at the level of true technical SMEs, is fantastic. In my experience, this level of support is very knowledgeable and provides solid solutions.

I have experience implementing Ultipro from a number of different solutions. Ultipro is far and away the leader in SaaS products, especially when a $1M solution is not appropriate. It offers a fully configurable, flexible, integrated solution, with a volume-driven cost point.

Ultipro’s implementation team is flexible and result-driven. They are adaptive to the needs of the client, and offer complex solutions as needed to achieve a successful implementation.

Ultipro is not an altogether frugal solution. However, it does deliver. Additionally, it offers volume-driven flexibility in cost.

I have evaluated many options along with Ultipro, including Workday, ADP, Paycom, PeopleSoft, and Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

Ultipro is the Cadillac SaaS solution, especially when a costly $1M solution is not appropriate.

it_user758079
HRIS Services Manager at a wholesaler/distributor with 5,001-10,000 employees
All aspects of the employee lifecycle can be handled within the system

What is most valuable?

Payroll processing is very solid. Ultimate handles all tax updates for Federal, State, and Local changes. Gross to net is very straightforward and can be set up in logical steps.

How has it helped my organization?

All aspects of the employee lifecycle can be handled within the Ultipro system: Recruiting/onboarding, employment validation, payroll processing, performance plans and reviews, and salary planning. The product was staged to simplify a lot of our separate processes and provide a tool to align our various companies policies.

What needs improvement?

Benefit administration is probably the weakest part of the system. Open enrollment is not very flexible for different plan designs, nor is the life events process for new hires or qualifying life events.

Since October 2013, I have run all annual W2 information from Ultipro and run open enrollment via the OE product for 2018.

No issues with stability.

No issues.

Ultimate has grown very fast in a very short period of time. They are struggling with keeping up on their support structure, service requests, and help ticket issues.

Our old system was Total HR, which we owned. It was not scalable, and not very compliant because of the flexibility to do whatever you wanted in the data or system. It resided on an obsolete platform, which was not easily secured or could be accessed remotely.

Initial setup was very dependent on what system you were coming from, your previous structure/setup and the expert level of consultants that were used. Our setup was complex as we had to rethink all of the company structure, accounting setup, and process steps. We did hit our go-live date with no check errors from day one.

Ultipro is SaaS and a PEPM fee schedule for the parts of the program that you want to use. Negotiation is the key to getting a good pricing based on what you want to use.

Yes, we did a full RFI and RFP process for Workday, ADP, and PeopleSoft.

What other advice do I have?

Choose your consultants wisely. Pre-plan what you want your organization to look like for HR reporting, as well as financial reporting.

it_user633843
Director at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The BI and platform configuration features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

• BI
  • Platform configuration

How has it helped my organization?

• Gives us data to analyze
  • Flexibility for our needs

What needs improvement?

LMS integration in Career Development needs to improve.

I have used it for seven years.

We have encountered deployment issues. The setup was not with best practices and we lacked the macro knowledge to know what would have been optimal.

We have encountered minimal stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

The level of customer service is high; professional, friendly, and efficient.

Technical support is good; getting the right person sometimes is an issue.

We previously used an ADP solution that was not web based. Portal and recruitment were our reasons for switching.

Initial setup was complex due to our multitude of locations, service types and union. There have been dramatic changes in how implementation is now done.

Initial setup of recruitment and onboarding were straightforward and flawless.

An Ultipro team implemented it.

Onboarding was done by a vendor and their expertise was excellent.

• Improvement of processes
  • Reduction in man hours to complete tasks
  • Employee engagement

BI is great and licensing meets our needs; as a non-profit, the pricing is steep and constantly needs to be defended.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ICIMS and ADP.

What other advice do I have?

Ultimate is quite innovative and in recent years; seem to be looking for products that are far beyond CORE.

Alexis Alleyne
HRIS Benefits Manager at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Leaderboard
Top features: Core, Benefits, UTM, Business Intelligence and Payroll.

What is most valuable?

Core, Benefits, UTM, Business Intelligence and Payroll.

How has it helped my organization?

Saved thousand of trees and cut down the turnaround time to get things done. Also, we are leveraging technology to work smarter not harder and providing a product to staff that is not intimidating and user friendly.

What needs improvement?

Copying capability for Open Enrollment Sessions / Life Events, provide more expression writing courses for, resources, quick tours, delivered reports and BI. Also, create on demand options for popular BI courses. These are are "use or lose it" knowledge courses where I am constantly looking for a quick resource in the learning center.

Over 3 years.

Benefits, deductions, and payroll set up issues have hampered the success of deployment. As a result, the software has a poor reputation within organization.

Yes, due to frequent updates to the firewall and network.

8/10...Love Sudha in BI support.

5 sometimes, 10 other times. It all depends on the module you need support in.

About to implement recruiting...I'll update you prior to year end for 2017.

Vendor team.

Don't get cheap when shopping for the best product for your company. You'll spend more later compensating and cleaning up the system to get it where you want it to be. Invest in purchasing a sandbox for testing.

ADP.

What other advice do I have?

LOVE UltiPro!

HRIS Manager at a media company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The HR data and BI are valuable.

What is most valuable?

The HR data and BI are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

We are becoming more paperless and efficient/effective with processing. The ability for us to develop several reports for various business purposes and automate them save a lot of time for everyone.

The are testing/developing a new time and attendance system that is very clean looking, easy to use and will be a huge asset to their overall offerings.

They continuously seek to add new features and capabilities. The listen to customers and partner very well with us to deliver what we need and offer new tools.

What needs improvement?

We have challenges with some transactions like voids and reissues and part of it is due to us wanting to use the original date of issue. This becomes problematic after month and quarter closes.

The back office doesn’t have the detailed security that allows various roles in to handle certain functions but my understanding is that eventually will be on the web. This is not a big enough issue for anyone to not use UltiPro!

Went live in October 2016. We use the Enterprise edition.

We encountered deployment issues; opening balances... corrections not handled right but the leadership at Ultimate Software stepped in to ensure we got the support needed to make the corrections. It is important to have a strong and knowledgeable activation team.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 8/10, post-going live.

Technical support is 8/10.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because it could not meet our needs as a business and wasn't flexible enough.

Initial setup was complex. Many times, it felt like it was a do-it-yourself implementation. This goes back to setting clear expectations from the beginning and ensuring the correct people are on the activation team and internal team. Some of our challenges were on both sides.

We implemented it through Ultimate's team.

We realize ROI through data integrity, efficiency and effectiveness.

Be specific and get it in writing.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP, Oracle, and Workday.

What other advice do I have?

I am looking forward to better integrations and having it more streamlined.

HRIS Manager at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
The BI features are valuable. The recruiting and UTM features have room for improvement.

What is most valuable?

BI

How has it helped my organization?

Event reporting

What needs improvement?

Recruiting UTM

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is poor. Technical Support: Technical support is poor.

I previously used Lawson. I switched because I changed companies.

How was the initial

What is most valuable?

• BI

How has it helped my organization?

• Event reporting

What needs improvement?

• Recruiting
  • UTM

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is poor.

Technical support is poor.

I previously used Lawson. I switched because I changed companies.

Initial setup was complex; not enough consulting on best practices.

• Cost per license

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Kronos and ADP.

What is most valuable?

UTA assists our plants with keeping time and making sure our employees get paid timely and accurately. With competition out there for our employees, this is of high importance so we retain them and they don't talk Unions.

How has it helped my organization?

With the time and attendance report our supervisors can easily see who is in the building and who is not. This can be dumped into excel for easy tracking.

What needs improvement?

We would love to see more mobile options. But, it sounds like this is coming within the next 6 months.

Our company went live a year ago...but I just started with them in January.

Our deployment had a lot of issues...but with my few months at the company, I am finding these are self inflicted. They didn't have an HRIS specialist and so every plant kinda picked and chose how they wanted the system to look. Making it a mess and full of junk. We are working on standardizing now and this will improve how the system performs for us.

Not that I know of.

Not that I know of

The customer service is amazing. I came from a system that was difficult to get ahold of people and difficult to get answers. I've only been working with Ulti for 2 months and everyone has been so helpful and patient as I am learning the system.

10 - Very attentive

I came from Workday....I changed because I changed companies.

I wasn't a part of the initial set up.

We used Sability

it_user664074
Payroll Manager at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
I find the easy-to-use administrator interface valuable in training and orientation of new payroll associates.

What is most valuable?

I find the easy-to-use administrator interface very valuable in training and orientation of new payroll associates. We have leveraged the Business Intelligence module highly and find it the best reporting solution available.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to automate away from paper forms and integrate the hiring and time management functions into our core electronic system.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more standard integrations available with UltiPro in external vendors, and I would like the look and feel of UltiPro's time management to get a facelift.

Ultipro does not have preconfigured integrations with our external vendors for our health insurance, 401(k), or stock program to name a few. This requires us to build reports in their business intelligence module, manipulate the data to get it in the approved format, and manually import the date into a secure vendor site. As we use large providers for all of our interactions I am surprised UltiPro has not done work to standardize this as a service to its customers.

UltiPro’s time management system originally a separate system that they have incorporated into their core deck of products. As such it has a different look and feel that is not easy to get used to.

Also, the navigation and report writing functions require different logical steps that can be confusing to new users. I would like to see them incorporate the UTM function into their core system more.

I have used it for 5+ years.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

I rate the level of customer service moderate to high. The core customer service is good; however, the tax relations department can be difficult to get in contact with.

I rate the level of technical support as high.

We previously used ADP and we switched for pricing and stability issues.

The initial setup was straightforward.

A vendor team and in-house combination implemented it, and the vendor team was great to work with.

HRIS Payroll Manager at a legal firm with 501-1,000 employees
The most valuable features for our organization are onboarding, salary planning, and reporting.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Ultipro for our organization are onboarding, salary planning, and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to move to a paperless onboarding process for new employees. We have also been able to automate our compensation increase process, moving away from sending Excel spreadsheets back and forth between HR and managers. Now, managers are able to enter the data once via Ultipro's salary planning, and workflow the review and completion process through to HR for final approval and acceptance into payroll; no more double-, sometimes, triple-keying of the same data.

We have used Ultipro for 18 months.

Our activation went extremely well, especially considering we were on a very tight timeline.

We have experienced no issues with stability.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability at this point in time.

On a scale of 1-10, I would give customer service a 7. Ultimate has an 800 number, but prefer customers use their case system. The resources are knowledgeable; however, historically responsiveness to created cases has been a challenge. We have seen improvement since year end, and are hopeful for continued improvement in time to response.

Technical resources are very knowledgeable.

We switched from our previous solution due to scalability, lack of reporting, and end-user ease of use and experience.

Our initial setup was straightforward. We had a project plan, with detailed deliverables; each member of the team knew what was expected and when. Any issues that occurred along the way were addressed and resolved in a timely manner.

Implemented with our in-house team.

We evaluated ADP and Paycom.

What other advice do I have?

We are very pleased with the Ultimate partnership! While no solution can do everything, Ultimate works very hard to help us find solutions to our business requirements and needs.

VP Human Resources at Independent Bank
The integrated business intelligence tool is valuable.

What is most valuable?

The integrated business intelligence tool (IBM Cognos) is by far the absolute best reporting tool I have ever used in my 15 years of being in HR. The tasks that can be accomplished in Report Studio, plus the delivered reports that Ultimate has already put together, can allow any user, HR or otherwise, to make an instant impact.

Ultimate Software also provides organizations with the ability to make a positive impact from the very beginning of the employee life cycle. From recruiting and onboarding, employee self-service and benefits enrollment, performance management and career development, organizations can create a meaningful employee experience that will last throughout their career.

The UltiPro application will also work to create efficiencies that will make any-size HR department the hero of the organization.

How has it helped my organization?

The UltiPro application's configurability allowed us to create a more impactful and meaningful performance review process, allowing us to align competencies with the company's core values, as well as each individual position.

The built-in alerts, plus the alerts that we have put together, have worked to help us achieve a completion rate for our performance reviews that we've never seen previously.

What needs improvement?

The Time Management module currently lacks the same look and feel of the UltiPro application and the other modules that Ultimate provides its clients. While the functionality is there, and it gets the job done, it is the only area that I feel needs to be improved.

We have been live on the UltiPro application since 10/1/2015.

We have not encountered any deployment issues. In fact, we had possibly one of the most successful activations that I have ever been through putting an HR/payroll system in place. Our activation consultant went above and beyond to ensure our activation went as smooth as possible. She shared reports with us that assisted immensely with running dual payrolls and comparing one payroll to the other.

No issues with stability or reliability.

No issues with scalability. In fact, we've grown by approximately 100+ employees since we first went live on the application and we've not run into any issues with the growth or expansion.

Customer service is excellent! Outstanding! Exceptional!

The support channels that every client has access to are probably the most powerful assets that clients have when partnering with Ultimate. First, after activation, every client is assigned an Account Manager (AM). This person is intimately knowledgeable about your application and all cases get routed through this person. In addition to your AM, clients have consultants related to the other modules they may have, including Time Management, Talent Management, Business Intelligence, ACA tracking, payment services (taxes & garnishments) and also accounts payable. Clients also have a Customer Success Manager, who will work as your advocate from the support side of the business, as well as an Executive Relationship Manager, that will work as your advocate from the strategic side of the business. For the times that creating a case is just not timely enough, clients have access to the Rapid Response line. For those situations when you need a resolution quickly and need assistance with something, Rapid Response is available to you as well.

The entire support group works as your partner, not as your vendor. You are a name to them, not a company ID, not a PSID or whatever the other HCMs classify you as. To Ultimate Software, I am Jack Klott, from Independent Bank.

Technical support is excellent! Outstanding! Exceptional!

Whenever I do have to call the Rapid Response line, I don't have to worry that the person on the other line may not know my version, or may not know my setup or may not know about the module that I am asking about. When I create a case, either with my AM or through Rapid Response, I am confident that the case will be reviewed and a solution will be presented in a timely manner.

The previous solution we were using did not fit with the goals and values that we felt would be necessary for us to grow as an organization. We wanted to align with a company that matched with our beliefs and would allow for us to configure a system that worked for us, not a system that we had to work around.

Ultimate has the activation process down to a science. From the time we had our first call with the activation team, they said we should expect about a 90 day (+/-) time frame. We went live in 93 days. And we not only activated the Core HR, payroll and time management, we also activated the recruiting module, benefits admin and performance management modules all within roughly that same time frame.

We activated in-house. Additionally, we experienced turnover within our staff during activation. We never missed a beat thanks to the process that Ultimate has in place for activation.

We've not had a true measure of ROI; however, we have measured the time savings between our previous payroll provider and Ultimate. Through our go live date of 10/2015 and 12/31/2016, we have seen a savings of approximately 16 hours in payroll processing time. For a payroll staff of 1 full-time payroll specialist, this is huge for us because it allows for her to complete other tasks that were otherwise needing to be completed by other HR staff that already had little to no capacity.

At the end of the day, most HR/payroll applications are pretty much the same. Each system is going to have its quirks and each system is going to have it's strong points. However, no HCM you partner with is going to match the support you receive from Ultimate. If pricing is the only thing standing between you and partnering with Ultimate, work with your Sales partner. Tell them that the pricing is a concern. They will work with you as much as possible. But again, the value added from the Ultimate Software support model will always pay dividends.

During our evaluation, we looked at Workday, Ceridian Dayforce, Paycor, ADP Workforce Now and Paycom.

What other advice do I have?

Stop waiting on hold and partner with a company that values you as a client and as an organization.

it_user633738
User at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Now that we have cleaned up our data, the reports are more accurate.

What is most valuable?

The support is great.

How has it helped my organization?

Now that we have cleaned up our data, the reports are much more accurate. I find the reports to be great.

What needs improvement?

Change how the drop boxes work so you can do them faster.

The company has used it since 1999. I have used it since 2014.

I wasn't involved with deployment.

We have not encountered any stability issues. The product is very stable.

Customer Service: Customer…

What is most valuable?

The support is great.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Change how the drop boxes work so you can do them faster.

The company has used it since 1999. I have used it since 2014.

I wasn't involved with deployment.

We have not encountered any stability issues. The product is very stable.

We did not previously use a different solution.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup.

I wasn't involved in the implementation.

I wasn't involved in determining ROI.

Pricing and licensing are about normal for these services.

I wasn't involved in the evaluation process.

it_user633711
User at a real estate/law firm with 501-1,000 employees
Tech support are knowledgeable.

What is most valuable?

Reporting

How has it helped my organization?

UltiPro has allowed me to provide management with meaningful and informative reporting.

What needs improvement?

Viewing deductions: We should be able to do so without having to act as if we are going to edit the deduction first in order to move forward.

I have used it for 10 years (three companies).

We encountered some minor deployment issues with tax balancing, but nothing that delayed the "go live".

Not enough for it to be an issue.

How are

What is most valuable?

• Reporting

What needs improvement?

I have used it for 10 years (three companies).

Not enough for it to be an issue.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is hit or miss. Some of the growth has caused a decline in the level of customer service that I have previously enjoyed.

Tech support are very knowledgeable. I am satisfied with the level of support.

We did not previously use a different solution.

I have been through two implementations and I would have to say that initial setup has improved and is more straightforward now.

An in-house team implemented it.

In addition to the value level of reports, we have seen increased productivity, and thanks to the accuracy of timekeeping, we have also seen a reduction in the cost of labor.

Package as much together from the start. Determine licensing needs before going live.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP and Workday.

it_user633696
User at a university with 501-1,000 employees
The most valuable features are BI, payroll, and UTM.

What is most valuable?

• BI
  • Payroll
  • UTM

How has it helped my organization?

With UTM, we have saved so much labor hours by reducing the manual data entry into Excel and then to import into payroll batches.

UTM use has reduced paycheck errors by almost 99.9%.

What needs improvement?

The UTM option to have the option to allow a supervisor to approve only the hours worked in their department when an employee has worked in multiple jobs.

My suggestion to have the option in UTM to allow supervisors to approve only the shifts that an employee had worked for his/her own department when this employee had transferred hours (shift) to another department.

And to allow the supervisor for the department where the hours were transferred to be able to approve those transferred hours only.

Example: Employee #003894 has hours worked at her own Dept. 67 and also worked hours in Dept. 53.

Currently, at the end of the period, if a supervisor in Dept. 67 is the first one to approve the timesheet, then supervisor in Dept. 53 is not able to approve the hours transferred to his department.

The same happens if a supervisor in Dept. 53 approves a time sheet first, then the supervisor in Dept. 67 is not able to approve his own hours.

Since supervisors complain when they are not able to approve hours because the time sheet was already approved by the other supervisor.

I have used it since May 2014.

We have encountered a few deployment issues, but they have been solved.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 100% based on my own experience interacting with critical issues, to tax services, UTM and BI.

Technical support is 99% (just to leave some room for improvement).

We previously used just the manual paper time sheet. We switched to save time, save labor in payroll and increase accuracy.

Since it was my first time with UTM, but with previous experience using Core HR Payroll, the setup and learning was not that difficult.

An in-house team implemented it.

I do not have a specific amount for ROI, but I am sure it has been worth every penny to our company.

Consider the your needs and the pricing.

I became involved after implementation.

it_user633693
User at a transportation company
The payroll and time management features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

The payroll and time management features are the most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Employees love to see their paychecks as soon as payroll has processed.

What needs improvement?

Some reports are not accurate.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is 10/10. Technical Support: Technical support is 10/10.

Which

What is most valuable?

The payroll and time management features are the most valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Employees love to see their paychecks as soon as payroll has processed.

What needs improvement?

Some reports are not accurate.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 10/10.

Technical support is 10/10.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because it did not have any report writing capabilities.

Initial setup was straightforward and complex.

I'm not sure about ROI.

I don't advise others about pricing and licensing.

Senior HR Systems Analyst at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Regarding organization of work places, you can cluster everything on one page.

What is most valuable?

Although it is vastly different from its earlier siblings, its organization of work places is now much easier since you can cluster everything on one central page. Being a lover of the clock world especially, I can now open WDM and have the setup of clocks together; no paging back anymore. I can keep them both open at once; a huge time saver.

How has it helped my organization?

Absolutely; being able to store punches for a long period of time and to be able to restore punches simply on a new system saved so much time!

What needs improvement?

I still would prefer better paging in all screens; I do not like having to select something at the bottom of a screen, then paging back to the top to pick your action.

I have used Kronos since 2002.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have encountered scalability issues. Only 10 clock transactions are allowed to run at once; not the best for installing 300+ global clocks.

Technical support is good.

We switched because Kronos is the product that can shape shift the most to adhere to company standards.

The initial setup was straightforward. There are several defaults you can take in the initial stages to let customers grow into the system easily.

An in-house with a vendor consult board implemented it. Their level of expertise was perfect.

it_user633645
Director at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The most valuable feature is benefits administration.

What is most valuable?

Benefits administration.

How has it helped my organization?

Creating paperless enrollment and life events with document uploads.

What needs improvement?

Better coordination between document uploads and the life events/open enrollment session.

As a Benefits Administrator, my staff approves life events as entered by employees in Employee Self Serve. For every life event, however, there will always be documentation that must support the life event prior to its approval. Once a Benefits admin reviews a life event request and thus needs to review the uploaded supporting documentation, there is no link from the life event to the employee’s documents tab. Currently, the benefits admin must minimize the life event screen, go to Administration tab, My Employees tab and then search on the specific employee. Once the employee is up, then go to that employee’s Documents tab and click on the individual documents for the supporting documentation. Once the Benefits Admin is satisfied that the documentation is sufficient, they then go back to the life events tab for the employee and click Approve. Now, in order to continue approving life events, the Benefits Admin, now needs to go back to Administration, Life Events SetUp since the last screen was Administration, My Employees. It would be very helpful if on the Benefits Admin view of the Life Event (Pending Approval) had a direct link to that employee’s Documents tab so that any documents could be viewed without a lot of clicks to other tabs that then remove the Benefits admin from Life Events.

We have been using this solution for nineteen years.

The solution was deployed before I started at the company.

Customer service is excellent.

Technical support is excellent. We filter technical support through our HRIS.

We did not use a previous solution.

N/A (1996)

N/A

That does not come from my office.

N/A (1996)

What other advice do I have?

They need to enhance the benefits experience and make the sessions more configurable to the employer.

it_user633603
Director at a healthcare company with 201-500 employees
Provides online PTO Requests. The tool needs to differentiate weekdays from weekends when calculating the PTO hours.

What is most valuable?

Online PTO requests.

How has it helped my organization?

It eliminates paper PTO forms and saves us time and paper.

What needs improvement?

The feature needs to be able to differentiate weekdays from weekends when calculating the PTO hours when requesting PTO days.

We have been using this solution for one year.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating…

What is most valuable?

Online PTO requests.

How has it helped my organization?

It eliminates paper PTO forms and saves us time and paper.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this solution for one year.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of 7/10.

We used ADP and the customer service was bad.

The initial setup was somewhat complex.

We did the implementation in-house.

We evaluated Paychex and others.

What other advice do I have?

We made the right decision to switch to Ultimate Software.

it_user633597
User at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides FLSA compliant overtime processing.

What is most valuable?

The UTM module has proven to be the most valuable solution within my organization.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to the UTM module, there was an inaccuracy in FLSA compliance with the way we were processing overtime. Now we are 100% accurate.

What needs improvement?

Tax filing and quarter/year end process.

We have been using this solution for eight months.

We had issues with deployment. Opening balances were not loaded correctly.

How

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Tax filing and quarter/year end process.

We have been using this solution for eight months.

We had issues with deployment. Opening balances were not loaded correctly.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer service is a hit or miss, so I would give it a rating of 6/10.

I would give technical support a rating of 6/10.

We did not use a previous solution.

From my perspective, the setup was complex. There wasn't much insight on what needed to be done.

It was done through a vendor. I would give them a rating of -10/10. This was an awful experience.

We evaluated Workday, Ceridian, and ADP.

What other advice do I have?

After all the kinks are worked out, this is a good product.

it_user633501
User at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
They need to be able to duplicate current benefits for each year. I would like to see better customer service and training.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable element is the benefits feature.

How has it helped my organization?

The improvement to our organization is less paper.

What needs improvement?

They need to be able to duplicate current benefits for each year!!!

We have been using this solution for two years.

There was poor implementation support form Ultimate.

We have stability issues on occasion.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer Service: Customer service is awful. Technical Support: Technical…

What is most valuable?

The most valuable element is the benefits feature.

How has it helped my organization?

The improvement to our organization is less paper.

What needs improvement?

They need to be able to duplicate current benefits for each year!!!

We have been using this solution for two years.

There was poor implementation support form Ultimate.

We have stability issues on occasion.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer service is awful.

Technical support is awful. I had to purchase consulting services for the most basic support.

We did not have a previous solution.

I was not there for the setup. However, according to legend, a payroll administrator was accountable for the implementation. I am still digging out.

We implemented the solution in-house, with no expertise.

Keep a budget for consulting and training because of the poor quality of support from Ultimate.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Fix your customer support. Offer other training options. A twelve-year old might like YouTube videos, but it is not effective for everyone.

it_user633504
User at a engineering company
Our employee performance reviews are now online.

What is most valuable?

We just love everything we are using. We are excited to take what we have learned and implement new areas that will help our managers and employees.

How has it helped my organization?

Our performance review process is probably the best example. We have gone form 1200 employees processing paper reviews to having everything being online and at our finger tips.

What needs improvement?

The area of improvement is probably in the area of benefits. Maybe we are not set up correctly. It seems like we have to make a lot of corrections.

We went live in July, 2014.

We did have deployment issues. We had employees that were not assigned to the correct states and we are still doing W-2 corrections.

We do not encounter stability issues very often.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would give customer service a rating of 6/10. Our rep does not seem to know very much.

Technical support is good.

We used ABRA. It was not employee friendly.

The setup was pretty straightforward.

We implemented the software in-house.

It may seem pricey, but isn't in the long run for what you get.

We evaluated ABRA.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it!

it_user633507
User at a logistics company with 201-500 employees
The BI reports are valuable. I would like to see a faster time frame to resolve issues.

What is most valuable?

I have found UTM and the Payroll Gateway to be fairly easy to use. The BI reports are very easy to use and valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

One improvement is having everything in one application versus having to log in to multiple applications.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a faster time frame to resolve issues.

We started with Ultimate in January, 2017.

How are customer

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a faster time frame to resolve issues.

We started with Ultimate in January, 2017.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer service is good once you are actually able to speak with someone.

Technical support is good.

There was no previous solution.

The setup was somewhat complex. There seemed to have been a few bumps in the road to get things set up in the correct way.

We implemented the solution through a vendor team and their expertise was very good.

it_user633498
User at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
The valuable features are HR Core, BI, and UTM. I would like to see improvements in time management.

What is most valuable?

HR Core, BI, and Time Management (UTM).

How has it helped my organization?

Provides timely reports though BI!

What needs improvement?

Time management.

We have used this solution for almost two years.

There were issues with deployment. It was poorly launched due to a lack of personnel on our part.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer Service: I would rate customer service as above average. Technical Support: I would rate…

What is most valuable?

HR Core, BI, and Time Management (UTM).

How has it helped my organization?

Provides timely reports though BI!

What needs improvement?

Time management.

We have used this solution for almost two years.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would rate customer service as above average.

I would rate technical support as above average.

We evaluated Paylocity. We switched due to the implementation

I was not with the company at that time.

I was not with the company at that time.

it_user633483
User at a sports company with 51-200 employees
​Being able to calculate and immediately see results in the payroll gateway is valuable.

What is most valuable?

• Being able to calculate and immediately see results in the payroll gateway

How has it helped my organization?

It is a huge timesaver and having all our info in the same platform is fantastic.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more consideration in the web to sports teams' payroll.

Currently in Ultipro Web, there is no place to enter contract information that will then feed other areas for the employee such as job history or pay.

Also, the field “No. of Games” doesn’t display in Pay Data Entry in web, so even if I import the game information into Web while I’m processing payroll, I still have to log into Back Office in order to make adjustments.

Also, the expression for BDUES doesn’t work. It should be $80 per duty day, which normally is either 15 or 16 days per pay period but the expression doesn’t work, so I import that information from a spreadsheet also.

Apportioning days per state for state withholding (not SUI) is also a challenge. I frequently have to override that information in pay data entry.

I have used it for seven years.

We have encountered deployment issues, but partly due to lack of experience with the implementation specialist.

We have never encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is excellent from the account manager; not so great from UTA.

Technical support is very good.

We previously used ADP. We switched because of the lack of flexibility, the mainframe processing, and the constant need to upgrade to new platforms.

Initial setup was complex due to having to clean up data and convert it to Ultipro's format.

An in-house team implemented it.

Make sure you really investigate all the licenses you'll need to be efficient.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Workday, ADP Workforce, SAP, Kronos, and Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

Just understand the difference between a payroll service bureau and a software company that services payroll.

it_user633477
Specialist at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
We have not encountered any deployment issues.​

What needs improvement?

Open enrollment

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have encountered some stability issues with employee signon.

Customer Service: UTLM great Core needs improvement Payment services not good at all Technical Support: Technical support is 4/10.

We previously used ADP. We switched because it is better than their system.

A team from Wise Consulting implemented it.

What's my experience with pricing, setup cost,

What needs improvement?

• Open enrollment

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have encountered some stability issues with employee signon.

• UTLM great
  • Core needs improvement
  • Payment services not good at all

Technical support is 4/10.

We previously used ADP. We switched because it is better than their system.

A team from Wise Consulting implemented it.

It is expensive but for the most part worth it.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP and Paychex.

it_user633459
Specialist at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

It is valuable to have the employee information starting with them applying for a position prior to hire. It is easy to set up a new hire since all the info is there. It is also great that employees can edit their information and their performance reviews are all in one system.

How has it helped my organization?

We haven't had performance integrated with our last software company. So, this feature has improved the performance management process.

What needs improvement?

I think customer support needs improved. Some of my cases are not touched for several days.

I have used it for three years.

Customer service is fair.

There have been times that I created a case, a few days go by and I hear nothing. So, I add a note to the case asking if anyone was working on my issue. Then a few more days go by and I still do not hear anything (my case is still logged as new case). I add another comment. Still nothing. Then I follow up again with another note. There have been times that it took almost 2 weeks before someone opened my case to look at it.

Technical support is good.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because upper management wanted a different system.

Initial setup was very complex.

it_user633456
User at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Core and payroll are the most valuable features.

What is most valuable?

Core and payroll are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

We can print reports.

What needs improvement?

UTM

I have used it for 2.5 years.

We have encountered deployment issues; implementation was not a great experience.

We encountered stability issues with UTM; still is not working properly.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Everyone is very polite and courteous. At times, we do not get items resolved for months. Rapid response is not…

What is most valuable?

Core and payroll are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

We can print reports.

What needs improvement?

• UTM

I have used it for 2.5 years.

We encountered stability issues with UTM; still is not working properly.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Everyone is very polite and courteous. At times, we do not get items resolved for months. Rapid response is not rapid. We have been on hold at times for one hour.

Technical support is great; not many issues with technical support other than UTM.

We previously used ADP. We moved to have one single sign-on and ease use of product for users.

Initial setup was complex. Too many times, you need to recheck items; sent information over and had to redo the same spreadsheets.

I'm not sure about ROI.

Ultimate is a great product but I advise hiring a third-party vendor to assist.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Ceridian.

What other advice do I have?

Ultimate is a great product if we can get everything to work.

it_user632985
User at a individual & family service with 1,001-5,000 employees
We have not encountered any stability or scalability issues.​

What is most valuable?

Payroll

How has it helped my organization?

It is a working program.

What needs improvement?

Easier reporting

I have used it for two weeks.

We did encounter some deployment issues.

How was the initial

What is most valuable?

• Payroll

How has it helped my organization?

It is a working program.

What needs improvement?

• Easier reporting

I have used it for two weeks.

We did encounter some deployment issues.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer service is 10/10.

Technical support is 10/10.

We did not previously use a different solution.

I did not participate in the setup.

A vendor team implemented it. I rate their level of expertise 8/10.

Before choosing this product, we did evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

It was a very enlightening and productive experience.

it_user632982
User at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Pending pay and retroactive pay are the most valuable features. When you use all fields, they should appear on one page.

What is most valuable?

Pending pay and retroactive pay are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

• Less manual entry

What needs improvement?

Time management and the screen showing punches

Not showing on the same page when you use all fields, even when you down size your screen

The only way to see all the fields is by making the screen smaller and it is not readable. We change depts., jobs, projects , HR depts. and Activity.

It can be difficult for the managers and I when we try to correct or just check time. There are frequent errors due to this issue.

I have used it since November 2016.

We encountered many deployment issues. Our implementation team had no idea about healthcare and its complexity; would have been nice to have a team that understood healthcare.

We did not encounter any stability issues.

We did encounter some scalability issues with the setup of our home healthcare.

The implementation team was less than desirable.

Customer services for cases has been awesome!

Technical support is 8/10.

There was too much manual entry in the old system, and the HR and payroll systems were different.

Initial setup was complex because the team we have did not have healthcare experience.

An in-house team implemented it. I would not rate them even a one out of 10.

Determining ROI is not part of my job description.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Kronos.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure your implementation team has experience with the industry they are setting up.

it_user632973
User at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The platform configuration and workflow features are valuable. Effective date should be available in audit for all transactions.

What is most valuable?

• Platform configuration
  • Workflow

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to put responsibility out to managers to manage their employee information instead of submitting forms.

What needs improvement?

• All pages should be configurable.
  • Effective date should be available in audit for all transactions.
  • Should be able to delete salary plans after worksheets have been deployed and partially submitted but not closed. There is no audit needed for a salary plan that is not closed.

I have used it for two years but the company has had it for 10.

As a longtime customer, we have suffered through the inadequacies of the Onboarding Classic module. There should be a way to expedite conversion at a customer's request.

We did encounter stability issues.

We did not really encounter scalability issues.

General cases sometimes languish for weeks without resolution; have had varying levels of success with different technical resources.

I previously used a different solution, but this company had Ultimate.

it_user632979
Manager at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
The payroll features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Payroll

How has it helped my organization?

SaaS upgrade GL

What needs improvement?

Less IT needs for upgrades

I have used it since 2015.

We have encountered little deployment issues, here and there.

We have encountered little stability issues, here and there.

We have encountered little scalability issues, here and there.

Customer Service: Customer service is good. Technical Support: Technical support is good.

We did not previously…

What is most valuable?

• Payroll

How has it helped my organization?

• SaaS upgrade
  • GL

What needs improvement?

• Less IT needs for upgrades

I have used it since 2015.

We have encountered little deployment issues, here and there.

We have encountered little stability issues, here and there.

We have encountered little scalability issues, here and there.

We did not previously use a different solution.

A joint vendor and in-house team implemented it.

Pricing is high for a limited license.

Before choosing this product, we did evaluate other options, but I don't remember which ones.

it_user632940
User at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
It has helped with data entry and errors. I would like to see better platform config and benefits admin.

What is most valuable?

Self-service

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped with data entry and errors.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better platform config and benefits admin.

I have used it for three years.

We encountered deployment issues with security.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is very good. Technical Support: Technical support is very good.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

What is most valuable?

• Self-service

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped with data entry and errors.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better platform config and benefits admin.

I have used it for three years.

We encountered deployment issues with security.

it_user632937
User at a logistics company with 10,001+ employees
We currently use onboarding, UTA and Core. I would like to see better integration and less paper.

What is most valuable?

We currently use onboarding, UTA and Core. Most valuable is the promised improvement in customer service (rapid response).

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration and less paper.

I have used it since the beginning.

We did not encounter any deployment issues; complex company and complex needs.

We did encounter scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is average most of the time. Technical Support: Technical support…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration and less paper.

I have used it since the beginning.

We did not encounter any deployment issues; complex company and complex needs.

We did encounter scalability issues.

Customer service is average most of the time.

Technical support is occasionally great; sometimes good.

Sr. HRIS Analyst at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
The system administration and ESS features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

System administration BI reporting Onboarding ESS

How has it helped my organization?

At my current organization, we are just starting our implementation project. At my past companies, UltiPro has improved service delivery to employees, streamlined processes, improved efficiencies, and given time back to employees.

What needs improvement?

Global employee management features are limited. I would love to see the ability to add tables to store increments for supplemental life when using the age-graded rates setup.

I have used it for eight years.

Implementation in 2009-2010 was a bit bumpy due to changes with the UltiPro project team.

What do I think about

What is most valuable?

• System administration
  • BI reporting
  • Onboarding
  • ESS

I have used it for eight years.

System stability is generally good and issues are typically addressed quickly.

We have not encountered any scalability issues up to this point.

Customer service is generally very good. Response times can be slower during peak times (i.e., open enrollment, year-end, etc.).

it_user632916
HR at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
I am looking forward to the new workflows.

What is most valuable?

We are a new customer, still implementing. The implementing staff has been very friendly.

How has it helped my organization?

I am looking forward to the new workflows.

What needs improvement?

More explanations on the required spreadsheets for implementation; explanation of each field in the spreadsheet.

We are still in the implementation stages.  There are several spreadsheets that we use to upload info into ACT.  When we are having our info calls, they touch base on each of the columns and give examples of what that column represents or what you are looking for in this column.  But, when we go to enter this info in, it become a foreign language and we are left feeling frustrated.  We have to skip those columns and ask again what they are for.   It would be nice if when we go to fill out these fields that we could hover over the column header and read a description what you are wanting in that column.    Also, if 85% of your clients come from ADP, why not have a more customized spreadsheet for ADP rather than a generic spreadsheet?   We were discussing Data conversion and some of the columns came over on the ADP dump and some didn’t.  Making a spreadsheet for ADP would give you the option of saying at the top of the column that this comes over from ADP data conversion and not needed unless you want to change that info.  Honestly, why isn’t it assumed that everything in your current system is accurate?  I just adds confusion to the data conversion saying you can add this field and change it if it’s not accurate in your current system.

We are not using it yet, July 1.

We are still deploying it.

We previously used an older version of ADP.

Initial setup feels complex at the moment.

An in-house team is implementing it.

Before choosing this product, we did some demos.

it_user632910
Director at a legal firm with 501-1,000 employees
The time and attendance features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Time and attendance are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

It went from being a manual operation to an electronic one.

What needs improvement?

The submit button sometimes does not work and the timesheet stays in the "In Progress" mode. This means the employee has to be told that their timesheet was not submitted and they need to resubmit.

I have used it since 2005.

We did encounter deployment issues, but the UltiPeeps helped us.

We sometimes encounter stability issues.

We have encountered scalability issues, and IT has had to get involved to help with our settings.

Technical support is very good.

We previously used ADP. We switched because they forgot about client service.

Initial setup was complex and we were frustrated because it was so different than the environment from where we came.

A vendor team implemented it; they were very good.

The ROI is priceless.

Pricing and licensing is reasonable.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Ceredian.

What other advice do I have?

We are contacted on a regular basis by other vendors and we always tell them that we are totally satisfied with our current solution. I cannot say anything that would be a better recommendation than this!!

it_user632904
Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
The benefits management and workflows features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

• Cognos
  • Benefits management
  • Workflows

How has it helped my organization?

• Using to eliminate spreadsheets
  • Creating reports to help us manage data on a timely basis

What needs improvement?

• Compensation management

I have used it for eight years.

We encountered a few deployment issues, but not many. Some modules or features that we have added have been a bit of an issue, like open enrollment.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Most of the time, customer service is very good.

Payment services continues to be our biggest area of concern.

Technical support is excellent.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because of integration with HR, multi-state and scalability, along with the cost.

An in-house team implemented it.

I don't know what the ROI is.

Pricing is much better than what we were paying before, especially for multi-state. Also, doing multi-year committments helps to reduce costs.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP and Paychex.

What other advice do I have?

I would love to see more flexibility in many of the tools so that Ulti becomes our tool of choice.

it_user632886
User at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
The Talent Management and Business Intelligence features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Talent Management and Business Intelligence are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

We have gone to a paperless orientation.

What needs improvement?

One area with room for improvement is having communication on all the different aspects UltiPro has to offer and how it will improve our organization. A big problem has been "you don't know what you don't know" and we find out really useful information by accident and once we've ran into a problem.

I have used it for five months.

Customer service is hit or miss. We keep being told that Ulti wants to provide top-notch customer service, but it's not being delivered when you have to wait days, weeks, or even months to get issues worked on/resolved.

Depends on what type of technical support we need and what subject area it is in. Sometimes, it takes a while to get the support we need and have a frustration period having to wait.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because it was not capable of doing the things we needed for our organization.

Initial setup was complex. Our implementation manager did not take the time to really learn the ins and outs of our organization, and therefore did not help us do the best setup we could have had. We also received a lot of generic emails that we found out later did not apply to us, and therefore we were frustrated trying to do work that didn't need to be done. We have found that a lot of setup has needed to be corrected when putting in cases for problems that have been arising.

An in-house team implemented it.

Before choosing, we vetted many systems.

it_user632883
User at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is stable and scalable. All of the features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

All of the features are valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been with Ultipro for 10 years; love it!

What needs improvement?

BI reports

I have used it for 10 years.

We did not encounter any critical deployment issues.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is great. Technical Support: Technical support is great.

We previously used…

What is most valuable?

All of the features are valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been with Ultipro for 10 years; love it!

What needs improvement?

• BI reports

I have used it for 10 years.

We did not encounter any critical deployment issues.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer service is great.

Technical support is great.

We previously used ADP. We switched because ADP had crappy reports.

Initial setup went OK.

We had a team implement it; the majority was done by our IT person.

This product was chosen for us by our IT dept.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product.

it_user632877
User at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
Review about Ultimate Software Ultipro

What is most valuable?

Payroll: make up pay for tipped employees

How has it helped my organization?

Adequately paying

What needs improvement?

PTO accruals

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is great. Technical Support: Technical support needs improvement.

We did not previously use a different…

What is most valuable?

• Payroll: make up pay for tipped employees

How has it helped my organization?

• Adequately paying

What needs improvement?

• PTO accruals

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer service is great.

Technical support needs improvement.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Research based on industry and employee count.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP.

it_user632865
User at a paper AND forest products with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is reliable and the payroll features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Payroll

How has it helped my organization?

Reliable

What needs improvement?

Customer cases when we have problems

I have used it since Jan 2016.

We did encounter deployment issues; PTO expressions were a problem.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is 7/10. Technical Support: Technical support is 7/10.

We previously used ADP. We switched because…

What is most valuable?

• Payroll

How has it helped my organization?

• Reliable

What needs improvement?

• Customer cases when we have problems

I have used it since Jan 2016.

We did encounter deployment issues; PTO expressions were a problem.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer service is 7/10.

Technical support is 7/10.

We previously used ADP. We switched because our parent company switched.

Initial setup was complex; the previous payroll clerk set it up.

I don't know whether a vendor team or an in-house one implemented it.

I don't know about the ROI.

Pricing and licensing is not relevant to my position.

it_user632607
Analyst at a manufacturing company
Employees now use an online application for onboarding.

What is most valuable?

Payroll BI reporting Performance management Onboarding

How has it helped my organization?

Employees now use an online application for onboarding.

What needs improvement?

Recruitment

I have used it since 2007.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is OK. Technical Support: Technical support is good.

We…

What is most valuable?

Payroll

Performance management

Onboarding

How has it helped my organization?

Employees now use an online application for onboarding.

What needs improvement?

• Recruitment

I have used it since 2007.

Customer service is OK.

Technical support is good.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because of poor customer service and cost.

An in-house team implemented it.

I'm not sure about ROI; it is not my area.

Get an attorney to review the contract.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP, Ceridian, and Oracle.

it_user632565
Specialist at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is reliable and the BI reporting features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

BI reporting

How has it helped my organization?

Immediate data and reporting Reliable (based on parameters given)

What needs improvement?

On boarding

I have used it for a few months.

We did not encounter any stability issues.

We did encounter scalability issues; some information doesn't transfer to payroll core.

Customer Service: Customer service is 9/10. Technical Support: Technical support is 9/10.

Which solution did I use previously and why

What is most valuable?

• BI reporting

How has it helped my organization?

• Immediate data and reporting
  • Reliable (based on parameters given)

What needs improvement?

• On boarding

I have used it for a few months.

We did not encounter any stability issues.

Customer service is 9/10.

Technical support is 9/10.

We did not previously use a different solution.

I do not know whether initial setup was straightforward or complex.

A vendor team implemented it; their level of expertise was very good.

I do not know about ROI.

I do not know about pricing and licensing.

Before choosing this product, other options were evaluated, but I don't know which ones. (I wasn't on the selection team.)

it_user632553
User at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
I like the integration between HRIS and payroll. Export of time takes too much time.

What is most valuable?

I like the ease of use with the system and the integration between HRIS and payroll.

How has it helped my organization?

We have one system of record for the domestic employees.

What needs improvement?

Export of time takes too much time; would like to be able to push through some changes once we open payroll; would like to "undo" an import after submit and calc without having to start over from the start; benefits feeds; negative deduction refunds without earnings and improved communication from Ulti to tax filing.

I have used it for 1 1/2 years The company has used it for 2+ years.

I wasn't employed at the time it was deployed.

We have encountered stability issues on occasion.

We did encounter scalability issues.

Customer service depends on the time of year; sometimes a 9/10 and other times, a 5/10.

When a technical need arises, if you get directly to the technical team, they are fabulous!

We previously used ADP. We switched because it was an older system and we needed the ability to do more.

I was not employed at the time it was set up.

I'm not sure whether a vendor team on an in-house one implemented it.

it_user632535
User at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Hands-on classes are provided.

What is most valuable?

• Hands-on classes

How has it helped my organization?

It will save me tremendous time in creating BI reports and ultimately usable output.

What needs improvement?

This was my first time attending the convention and I was a little dismayed to find out that on the first day of registering that I could only sign up for one hands-on class. I understand the concept of making sure the classes don't fill up before everyone has a chance to sign up but even when the registration opened up for a 2nd round, the classes that I would have liked to enroll in were no longer available.

I'd have to look back at the length of time that was allotted for the hands-on classes, but an added 15 to 30 minutes would have been nice. I understand though that you are trying to fit them in the flow of the entire event so people can attend other sessions. But for me, I would have taken a hands-on class each morning and each afternoon if one had been available.

Perhaps next year I can do better at scheduling myself and just be a stand-by at the door in case there are any "no shows".

The entire event was really beneficial to me and I look forward to attending again.

I have used it for less than two years.

it_user632505
User at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Custom reports built through BI has helped with our labor costing. I would like more custom fields that we can tailor to our business needs.

What is most valuable?

The payroll processing and BI are the most valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

We've had custom reports built through BI that has helped with our labor costing.

What needs improvement?

The current retro pay feature doesn't work with our setup; more custom fields that we can tailor to our business needs.

Our company doesn’t follow an 8 hour schedule. We work 7.5 hours Monday-Thursday, and 7.0 hours on Fridays. The current feature doesn’t work with that setup. UltiPro, as I’ve been advised has the same number of hours on each work day (so our 37.0 hour week, would equate to approximately 7.4 work days – you cannot setup your daily hours differently)

The other comment about custom fields – this would be helpful because we use the “Other company info” tab in UltiPro and have our managers input their salary increase recommendation amount. This really doesn’t belong there but without the compensation management module, we don’t have another place to have our managers put that data. Also, the education portion of UltiPro doesn’t have certain fields to record class name, grade, cost, etc. so it’s all put in the notes section and isn’t really reportable. These are just two small examples.

I have used it for six years.

Customer service is great!

Technical support is great.

We did not previously use a different solution.

I wasn't with the company at the time of initial setup.

I'm not sure whether a vendor team or an in-house one implemented it.

The ROI is good.

it_user632469
User at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
The tutorials are valuable. Our W-2s were done incorrectly for three of our states.

What is most valuable?

Tutorials

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped with keeping track of employees time sheets, wage garnishments, and 401(k) deferrals.

What needs improvement?

Tax services with W-2s and 1095Cs

I have used it since 2015. I use Payroll Gateway.

What is most valuable?

• Tutorials

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

• Tax services with W-2s and 1095Cs

I have used it since 2015. I use Payroll Gateway.

We did encounter deployment issues. This was out first year using the printing services, and our W-2s were done incorrectly for three of our states. When the W-2Cs were redone, instead of sending to them to us printed out, they contacted us a day before payroll was to be run; stated 2851 copies to be printed by us and sorted and passed out ourselves; and never once offered to refund our money we paid for the services they proved they screwed up on.

The second year we have paid for the 1095Cs and we get errors every time for name discrepancies, but do not seem to get it with our W-2. Why is it not caught before the 1095Cs are filed? It is the only thing I'm unhappy about.

We did encounter stability issues. We got a new acct manager and not happy with him.

Initial setup was complex.

Before Ultipro, we previously used ADP and they never had this kind of issues with our W-2; we did them in-house.

it_user632385
Director at a healthcare company with 201-500 employees
The trainings are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Trainings

How has it helped my organization?

The more we learn, the better we can roll out new features.

What needs improvement?

Simplify steps to execute functions.

I have used it for eight months.

We did encounter deployment issues with the vendor setting up the core.

We did encounter stability issues.

I'm not sure whether we have encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is excellent. Technical Support: Technical support is excellent.

Which solution did I

What is most valuable?

• Trainings

How has it helped my organization?

The more we learn, the better we can roll out new features.

What needs improvement?

Simplify steps to execute functions.

I have used it for eight months.

We did encounter deployment issues with the vendor setting up the core.

We did encounter stability issues.

I'm not sure whether we have encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is excellent.

We previously used a CBIZ legacy system. We switched because Ultipro was the best solution to help our growth.

Initial setup was too complex; an outside vendor set up the core.

On a scale from 1-10, I'd rate HRarchitect a 3.

I'm not sure about ROI at this time; I'd say we are still in the negative at this point.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP and Paycor.

it_user631569
User at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The administration features are valuable. ​Interfacing to other products should be improved.

What is most valuable?

Administration

What needs improvement?

Interfacing to other products

Too many updates

We previously used Oracle.

Not using all the features.

What is most valuable?

• Administration

What needs improvement?

• Interfacing to other products

• Too many updates

We previously used Oracle.

Not using all the features.

it_user631542
User at a construction company with 201-500 employees
Information being available to employees is valuable. It should not inactivate DD when employees leave for a short period

What is most valuable?

• Information available to employees.
  • Ease of processing payroll.

How has it helped my organization?

Getting employees to access their pay stub and general information.

What needs improvement?

Inactivates DD when employees leave for a short period. With our business, we hire, terminate, and rehire employees on a regular basis.

When I terminate employees, I do not check the “inactivate dd” box. However, on quite a few occasions, the DD is inactivated.

I have used it for four years.

There were a few glitches but otherwise, deployment was pretty smooth.

Customer service is a nine out of 10 - now that we have a good account manager; have gone thru many in the past and finally got a really good one.

Technical support is an eight out of 10.

We previously used a different solution and switched to have both an HR and payroll system that worked together.

it_user631491
Specialist at a real estate/law firm with 51-200 employees
Gives our employees answers as to how much time they have for vacation, personal days off, etc. Better customer service is required.

What is most valuable?

• Time management
  • Schedule request (PTO)

How has it helped my organization?

It will give our employees a real-time answer as to how much time they have for vacation, personal days off, etc.

What needs improvement?

The thing which sours my company's experience with UltiPro is the customer experience; being promised items to find out it cannot be delivered at all. I am not the administrator for our HRIS program, but the admins for our UltiPro HRIS program have been promised various things throughout our drawn out eight month delay in launching our go-live date of Phase I of the UltiPro program. For example, we were promised that the UltiPro system will be able to “read” the schedules for our employees, so they won’t have to manually go into ‘Advanced Options’ to delete their normal days off when entering a PTO. We were told that, trained our staff on it, and then realized that the information given to us was untrue.

We are just about to launch in mid-April, 2017; have been with UltiPro since the beginning of 2016.

We have encountered deployment issues:

• Eight-month delay of implementation
  • Items given back to us without any checks, balances and testing

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is not great; responsive in a timely manner but have not lived up to promises, and gives back items that have not been quality checked or tested and my staff ends up doing it instead.

Technical support is OK.

We did previously used ADP; cannot compare.

Initial setup was complex, with things we were promised not being able to implement when doing parallel testing; lots of last-minute curve balls being thrown at us.

I'm not sure about ROI.

What other advice do I have?

Better customer service is required, especially for mid-level market roll out in Canada.

it_user631455
User at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The payroll functionality allows for correcting of pay stubs.

What is most valuable?

The payroll functionality allows for immediate correcting of pay stubs. Business Intelligence reporting is extensive and easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

If there was an error on an employee's pay during the payroll auditing process, we would have to correct the error and send it off for validation, which could take another 20-30 minutes to verify. If it was wrong, you do it all over again. With UltiPro, I fix the error and can see immediately if everything is correct.

What needs improvement?

A chat feature for customer support would be great. Some questions are simple that we shouldn't have to create a case just to get an answer for (emails do not get answered for several days, if at all). I’ve found that often times I have a quick question that I need answered, and when I send an email, I don’t get a reply back or the reply takes several days. For example, what time would I need to have payroll submitted by in order to make sure I have checks by a certain date. I’m not a phone person (or it could be that I’m on the phone with someone else and I don’t want to disrupt that call) so I thought it would be nice if they had a chat feature so I could ask my question, then move on. I only want to have to create a case if something needs fixing or if I need help performing a task or getting something set up. Many companies nowadays have a chat feature when you go to their websites if you need help or just have questions when trying to find something.

Go live was Oct 2015.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 7.5/10.

Technical support is 9.5/10.

We did previously used a different solution. The other system was slow and outdated. Customer service was poor.

Initial setup was straightforward.

An in-house implemented it.

I'm not sure about ROI.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP and Workday.

it_user631452
User at a hospitality company with 501-1,000 employees
The BI reporting features are valuable. I wish the product were more integrated like a single solution.

What is most valuable?

BI reporting

How has it helped my organization?

Auditing

What needs improvement?

Time management

Implementation was incomplete.

Customer Service: Customer service is fabulous by some levels. Technical Support: Technical support is hit and miss.

What other advice do I have?

I wish the product were more integrated like a single solution.

What is most valuable?

• BI reporting

How has it helped my organization?

• Auditing

What needs improvement?

• Time management

Implementation was incomplete.

Customer service is fabulous by some levels.

Technical support is hit and miss.

What other advice do I have?

I wish the product were more integrated like a single solution.

it_user631449
Analyst at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The Payroll, Benefits Administration, and Compensation Management features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Payroll Benefits Administration Compensation Management

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

I wish UltiPro had the functionality as an administrator to view a user's screen or what they are viewing when trying to help troubleshoot if the user is not onsite.

I have been using it myself for two years; our company, 10 years.

I was not with the company when they deployed it.

We have not…

What is most valuable?

• Payroll
  • Benefits Administration
  • Compensation Management

How has it helped my organization?

• Creating salary worksheets in the Compensation Management module for our yearly merits

What needs improvement?

I have been using it myself for two years; our company, 10 years.

I was not with the company when they deployed it.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 8/10.

Technical support is 7/10.

I used InfinityHR at my past job but starting using UltiPro when I switched jobs.

The price for the product is high but it has a lot of functionality.

it_user631443
Accountant with 501-1,000 employees
The UTM feature is valuable. ​Customer Service and Rapid Response could be improved.

What is most valuable?

UTM

How has it helped my organization?

UTM has improved our productivity in having our timesheets produced in a timely manner, in order to process payroll earlier than we had with previous payroll product

What needs improvement?

Customer Service Rapid Response

I have used it for one year and three months.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is 5/10. Technical Support:…

What is most valuable?

• UTM

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

• Customer Service
  • Rapid Response

I have used it for one year and three months.

Customer service is 5/10.

Technical support is 5/10.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because of pricing.

Initial setup was complex.

Make sure that you specifically detail what items you currently work on; be specific in what you need and what you require to have.

Before choosing this product, we evaluated other options.

What other advice do I have?

Be patient.

it_user631419
User at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Benefits, Life Events and OE have allowed us to integrate/track our data with our benefit providers.

What is most valuable?

• Benefits admin
  • Payroll

How has it helped my organization?

Benefits, Life Events and OE have allowed us to move away from paper and integrate/track our data with our benefit providers. This allows us to better focus on improving benefits and communications versus data entry.

The Open enrollment and Life Events processes within UltiPro have enabled us
to manage benefit changes and open enrollment elections online.

We no longer utilize paper and receive email notifications for approval. In
addition, we are able to report on this information much easier now.

What needs improvement?

It could be more configurable.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 9/10; very good.

Technical support is 8/10; good.

We previously used Paychex. Their system did not integrate well and caused data nightmares.

It was a very thorough implementation process, enabling us to think through future business needs.

ROI is unknown.

I work with ERM on contract and discuss with CFO.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Oracle and ADP.

What other advice do I have?

UltiPro is a very robust product and is a great solution for those wanting to become more system-driven.

I would like to see more development around analytics within CORE.

it_user631431
User at a tech company with 201-500 employees
With the BI reporting, our organization has been able to provide accurate reporting as well as multiple dashboards. Onboarding and Performance Management could be better.

What is most valuable?

BI reporting

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization has been able to provide more accurate reporting as well as multiple dashboards with ease.

What needs improvement?

Onboarding and Performance Management are areas with room for improvement.

I have used it for one year.

We have not encountered any deployment issues. We had delays in our implementation; our benefit feeds did not go live until a month and a half after the rest of the system launched.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any…

What is most valuable?

• BI reporting

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Onboarding and Performance Management are areas with room for improvement.

I have used it for one year.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 7/10.

Technical support is 7/10.

We previously used a different solution. The system was not user-friendly and had a lot of restrictions.

Initial setup was a bit complex, as our project plan was not accurate and information needed to move forward was not provided in a timely manner.

A mixed team implemented it; we worked with Mosaic as well as Ultipro. Mosaic was very helpful during our implementation.

What other advice do I have?

A lot of back-end configuration requires cases to be submitted.

User at a non-profit with 201-500 employees
Allows me to disseminate information in the way I see fit.

What is most valuable?

Business Intelligence

How has it helped my organization?

It allows me to disseminate the information in the way I see fit.

What needs improvement?

Implementation

I have used it for six months.

We have encountered deployment issues; communication was very poor.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is 6/10. Technical Support: Technical support is 9/10.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

What is most valuable?

• Business Intelligence

How has it helped my organization?

It allows me to disseminate the information in the way I see fit.

What needs improvement?

• Implementation

I have used it for six months.

We have encountered deployment issues; communication was very poor.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 6/10.

Technical support is 9/10.

We previously used a different solution. We switched because the compliance offered by Ultipro is up to par.

Initial setup was complex; the information was not clear.

it_user631401
User at a mining and metals company with 51-200 employees
Using Business Intelligence, we produce reports to track our Overtime Analysis and catch invalid payroll entries.

What is most valuable?

• Business Intelligence
  • Platform Configuration
  • System Administration (Role/User Administration)
  • UTA

How has it helped my organization?

Using Business Intelligence, we have been able to produce reports to track our Overtime Analysis and catch any invalid payroll entries that need to be corrected, among many other things.

What needs improvement?

• Platform Configuration: would like to be able to add pages, and be able to have more flexibility around the addition of custom fields
  • BI: would like to be able to have Drill-Through functionality in Excel exports

I have used it for 3-4 months.

We have encountered deployment issues, but nothing too major. We were able to work with Ultimate Support staff through our issues and get our system implemented in a very timely manner.

Every now and then, I have some issues with stability using Report Studio. I get some odd errors at times that cause the system to become unusable, and I have to close out without saving my changes.

We have not encountered any scalability issues. It is up to par with all of our scalability needs that I am aware of.

Customer service is 8 / 10; sometimes takes a little time to get a response, but very helpful and knowledgeable to work with.

Technical support is 8 / 10. They work very well with us to find solutions to any issues that we have, and make sure that we are in a satisfactory state before moving forward with a resolution.

We previously used Oracle, and we switched because we emerged as a new company from our parent company after a split due to bankruptcy.

Some of the initial setup was straightforward, and other parts were more complex. Overall, it was very easy to work with and set up, and much easier to use once we got the software implemented.

A vendor team implemented it. I rate their level of expertise 8 / 10.

Look at each and every module that Ultimate has to offer, as they are all useful in many ways. Figure out which options best line up with the company, and implement accordingly. Some modules could even be implemented at a later time, once the first implementations are in place and set up properly.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Workday and the Oracle cloud-based solution.

What other advice do I have?

Ultimate Software has been amazing for us to work with, and we're excited to get more pieces of the puzzle implemented in the near future.

it_user631380
User at a aerospace/defense firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
We have eliminated many paper forms.

What is most valuable?

• Business intelligence
  • Workflow
  • Platform configuration

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to eliminate many paper forms and have streamlined some of our processes.

What needs improvement?

• Customer Support model could use improvement.
  • Offer immersion BI workshops (perhaps on-site in FL).
  • Integrate Salary Management and Talent Management (most companies are promoting employees at the same time as the salary review process; doing them separately is inconvenient).
  • Enhance "Mass Updates" to allow more functionality.

I have used it for just over a year (since January 2016).

We have encountered a few deployment issues, but that's to be expected.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues; not yet, at least. We expect to grow over the next few years and are confident that Ulti will help.

We don't love the Customer Support model. Filing a case is problematic because you are free to talk when you file the case, not always when someone returns the call. This regularly results in a long game of phone tag.

Support is usually good. I think the only area where we have problems is access issues (i.e., when remote employees have troubles logging in). When our IT team cannot solve the problem, we often don't get much additional help from Ulti tech support.

We did not have a "real" HRMS solution; we were using Deltek CostPoint which isn't a fully functioning HRMS.

I was not involved with the initial setup.

We worked with several people at Ulti for our implementation. They were very helpful.

ROI is unknown.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Workday, SilkRoad, ADP, and one other (can't remember the name).

it_user631353
User at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
We have found the benefits features to be lacking.

What is most valuable?

Payroll module

What needs improvement?

One of the main areas with room for improvement are benefits. We have found it to be very lacking. Also, the way the system uses effective dating and the communication between core and UTM are areas with room for improvement.

I have used it since Oct 2016.

YES, we have encountered deployment issues. We are actually still having issues since activation five months ago. We have had to reconfigure many aspects of our configuration since our consultant didn't set us up correctly. Our carrier connections are also not complete.

We have not encountered any stability issues.…

What is most valuable?

• Payroll module

What needs improvement?

I have used it since Oct 2016.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is poor; unless we are being the squeaky wheel, we haven't gotten the best service.

Tech support has been good.

We previously used ADP Workforce Now.

Initial setup was complex in the way we manually imported all our data and were reevaluating our processes.

A vendor team implemented it; they were poor.

it_user631350
User at a manufacturing company
Pending pay items and retro pay are helpful.

What is most valuable?

Employees can go and look, and change their information. Pending pay items and retro pay are helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

More efficient on processing payroll

What needs improvement?

Need more help with cleaning up earnings and deductions. Case response depends on case owner; should be a structured response time.

I have used it for four years.

We have encountered deployment issues, but I was not the one that implemented it.

How are

What is most valuable?

Employees can go and look, and change their information.

Pending pay items and retro pay are helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

• More efficient on processing payroll

What needs improvement?

• Need more help with cleaning up earnings and deductions.
  • Case response depends on case owner; should be a structured response time.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 5/10, not the best. It is hit and miss; also have had to change AMs to get better response.

Technical support is 5/10, hit and miss. Sometimes, others know more.

We did previously used ADP.

I'm not familiar with the initial setup; bad implementation.

I'm not sure whether other options were evaluated before this product was chosen.

What other advice do I have?

Customer service needs to be on the same page.

it_user631329
Sr Principal HRIS Representative at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The performance management features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Performance management Cognos

How has it helped my organization?

It has given us more information.

What needs improvement?

Comp admin for bonuses

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is very good when you get their attention. Technical Support: Technical support is very good when you get their attention.

Which solution did

What is most valuable?

• Performance management
  • Cognos

How has it helped my organization?

It has given us more information.

What needs improvement?

• Comp admin for bonuses

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is very good when you get their attention.

Technical support is very good when you get their attention.

it_user631335
User at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The most valuable features are the payroll and the tax payments and processing. Making adjustments should be easier.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the payroll and the tax payments and processing.

How has it helped my organization?

The web processing has enhanced processing.

What needs improvement?

Making adjustments should be easier and in the web; also, tax recon in the web.

I have used it since 2010.

We have encountered deployment issues. At our Chicopee location, we had a bad implementation person.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not really encountered any scalability issues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the payroll and the tax payments and processing.

How has it helped my organization?

The web processing has enhanced processing.

What needs improvement?

Making adjustments should be easier and in the web; also, tax recon in the web.

I have used it since 2010.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not really encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 5/10.

Technical support is 6/10.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was complex understanding what we will need.

it_user631287
HR at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
The recruiting, BI, and talent management features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Recruiting BI Talent management

How has it helped my organization?

Rolled all of payroll and HR into one

What needs improvement?

Implementation

I have used it for seven months.

We encountered deployment issues.

We encountered stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 8/10.

We previously used ADP. We switched because they had hidden costs and their reporting system was not user-friendly. …

What is most valuable?

• Recruiting
  • BI
  • Talent management

How has it helped my organization?

• Rolled all of payroll and HR into one

What needs improvement?

• Implementation

I have used it for seven months.

We encountered deployment issues.

We encountered stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 8/10.

An in-house implemented it.

Not much ROI yet.

Ensure you know what is considered extra charges.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated ADP, Kronos, and Oracle.

Payroll Administrator at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We have not yet encountered any stability or scalability issues.

What is most valuable?

Mobile

How has it helped my organization?

We are just starting with the implementation.

What needs improvement?

Time and attendance are areas with room for improvement.

It is brand new; looking forward to go live date in July.

We have not yet encountered any deployment issues.

We have not yet encountered any stability issues.

We have not yet encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 10 plus.

The previous system was…

What is most valuable?

• Mobile

How has it helped my organization?

We are just starting with the implementation.

What needs improvement?

Time and attendance are areas with room for improvement.

It is brand new; looking forward to go live date in July.

We have not yet encountered any deployment issues.

We have not yet encountered any stability issues.

We have not yet encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is 10 plus.

The previous system was not suitable for our needs.

Initial setup is straightforward.

I rate the implementation team 8/10.

We are still quantifying ROI.

Pricing and licensing met the needs of the company.

Assistant Director, Compensation & Benefits at a recruiting/HR firm
The recruitment and compensation management features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Recruitment Benefits admin Compensation management Payroll Workflows

How has it helped my organization?

Workflows help move the approval process.

What needs improvement?

Benefits admin: Would like to see a benefits history page of begin and end dates per employee Would like benefit elections to drive the deductions

I have used it for 2.5 yrs.

I did not deploy it.

So far, we have not encountered any stability issues.

We have encountered scalability issues.

Customer Service: Customer…

What is most valuable?

• Recruitment
  • Benefits admin
  • Compensation management
  • Payroll
  • Workflows

How has it helped my organization?

Workflows help move the approval process.

What needs improvement?

Benefits admin:

• Would like to see a benefits history page of begin and end dates per employee
  • Would like benefit elections to drive the deductions

I have used it for 2.5 yrs.

I did not deploy it.

So far, we have not encountered any stability issues.

We have encountered scalability issues.

Customer service is good to very good. Sometimes, the wrong information is given for fixing issues; need more specific expertise in areas. The account manager does not know everything.

Technical support is good.

At this employer, we did not previously use a different solution.

I think they had difficulty with best practice soutions.

An in-house team implemented it.

I believe it was well worth it based on the former HRIS.

Pricing and licensing seems to be reasonable.

I do not know whether they evaluated other options.

Director, Total Rewards and HRIS at a university with 51-200 employees
Allows employees the ability to view pay statements online.

What is most valuable?

• ACA compliance
  • Business intelligence
  • UTM
  • Benefits open enrollment
  • Onboarding (currently in implementation)

How has it helped my organization?

There are numerous examples of how it has improved the way my organization functions, but the primary impacts have been: moving from paper timesheets to electronic; allowing employees the ability to view pay statements online; and this year, we moved to ACA compliance monitoring offered by UltiPro and it was a streamlined and organized process.

I have used it for nearly 10 years with different organizations.

We did not encounter any major deployment issues, but we also utilized a consultant for the deployment.

Customer service is Amazing!!!! 10++++

Technical support is very good.

We switched from PeopleSoft to UltiPro; greatest decision ever for our small company of only 150 employees.

Initial setup was complex, but manageable.

An in-house team with an external consultant implemented it.

We haven't measured ROI exactly, but see the Improvements to My Organization section for a couple of examples.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Ceridian and Workday.

Sr Retirement Plans Specialist at a mining and metals company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The benefits and BI features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Benefits BI

What needs improvement?

Automation, rules for life insurance, etc., are areas with room for improvement.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: I rate the level of customer service at a high level. Technical Support: I rate the level of technical support at a high level.

What is most valuable?

• Benefits
  • BI

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

I rate the level of customer service at a high level.

I rate the level of technical support at a high level.

We previously used Oracle.

Initial setup was complex for our 401k.

A consultant implemented it.

Managing Director, Employee Services at a transportation company
I like the intuitive interface, reporting capabilities, and the fact that it really offers the full suite of HCM.

What is most valuable?

The intuitive interface, reporting capabilities, and the fact that it really offers the full suite of HCM.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows approvals of various things to happen by a group of managers/leaders who are often traveling, located in a variety of places, etc.

What needs improvement?

From an implementation standpoint (not at my current organization), taking the time to truly listen and understand unique complexities that might be outside standard capabilities of the system.

Implementation (at former employer) - 8 months

Current user - 6 months (but company I'm with has been with it for much longer)

Yes at former employer - accommodating requirements by government contractor and Deltek.

Excellent.

Yes, Silkroad - it was terrible in every sense.

Much longer answer than I have time for.

Everything is negotiable.

Yes - Workday, Oracle, Kronos.

Benefits, Compensation & HR Systems Supervisor at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Customer Service has overall been pretty good. There were times we didn't have all of the required information to set up our system correctly which then caused re-work.

What is most valuable?

Customization and platform configuration options - great to be able to customize it all to your specific needs and population.

3 months

Yes, our implementation was very fast. There were times we didn't have all of the required information to set up our system correctly which then caused re-work. Security was difficult in that it was all from scratch - no real templates, starting points, best practices. So definitely a learning curve. Integrations are not yet complete so had a lot of issues getting those up and running (still).

3 months

Not to my knowledge.

Customer Service has overall been pretty good - everyone is pretty friendly.

Yes, we used Workday.

Pretty complex, in my opinion - very different from other implementations I've gone through. Filling out the ACT form ourselves but really knowing how it all fit together in the end was a challenge.

Sability

ADP and Ceridian.

What other advice do I have?

Good solution - still working out the kinks but confident we will get where we need to be!

CFO at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Good experience with the vendor implementation team.

What is most valuable?

UTM

How has it helped my organization?

Increased productivity in HR and Payroll departments. Improved Benefits administration.

What needs improvement?

Longer time period with implementation team.

3 months.

UTM not set up correctly.

Customer Service: Implementation team - Awesome. Post implementation team - Not going well. Technical Support: OK.

A lot to implement at once.

A vendor team - great experience.

Yes, ADP.

What is most valuable?

UTM

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Longer time period with implementation team.

3 months.

UTM not set up correctly.

Implementation team - Awesome.

Post implementation team - Not going well.

OK.

A lot to implement at once.

A vendor team - great experience.

Yes, ADP.

Manager, HR Shared Services at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Less paper work and quicker onboarding.

What is most valuable?

Onboarding and recruiting - flow directly to core.

How has it helped my organization?

Ease in process, less paper work and quicker onboarding.

What needs improvement?

Ability to use fillable forms.

We're currently implementing.

Not known yet, we are about to launch.

Customer Service: We had issues initially, but have received great support from both our customer service manager as well as Eric. Technical Support: 9 out of 10.

In-house.

More streamlined process, integrated and…

What is most valuable?

Onboarding and recruiting - flow directly to core.

How has it helped my organization?

Ease in process, less paper work and quicker onboarding.

What needs improvement?

Ability to use fillable forms.

We're currently implementing.

Not known yet, we are about to launch.

9 out of 10.

In-house.

More streamlined process, integrated and seamless process.

Yes - People Fluent and Infor.

Payroll Manager at a hospitality company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We've been able to cut down on payroll processing errors, analyze our benefits for accuracy, and eliminate foreseeable issues with effective reporting.

What is most valuable?

Business Intelligence BackOffice & Web Access Tech Support

How has it helped my organization?

With their assistance, we've been able to cut down on payroll processing errors, analyze our benefits for accuracy, and eliminate foreseeable issues with effective reporting.

What needs improvement?

Hard to mention one, but perhaps only the amount of time it takes to reach customer support, but once you're on the phone with someone, they seem to know exactly how to fix things given the right info.

Myself only one year, but my organization has been on the platform for four years.

What is most valuable?

Business Intelligence

BackOffice & Web Access

Tech Support

What needs improvement?

None that I am aware of. Our account manager was able to listen to our needs and determine how much work needed to go in so that we would prepare.

Seldom, if any.

10 out of 10!

10 out of 10!

It was straightforward, but we took a while to ensure that the platform would serve our organization the right way.

Senior Director at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
We were able to process more attachments electronic instead of sending checks.

What is most valuable?

Wage attachments services are very complete.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to process more attachments electronic instead of sending checks.

What needs improvement?

Only issues is slow response time when checks have needed to be voided or reissued for payees.

Two and a half years.

Customer Service: Customer service has been good. Technical Support: Excellent.

Yes, reason for switching was customer…

What is most valuable?

Wage attachments services are very complete.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to process more attachments electronic instead of sending checks.

Two and a half years.

Customer service has been good.

Excellent.

Yes, reason for switching was customer service.

Very straightforward.

In house.

Yes, Workday and Ceridian.

Executive Vice President and Head of Human Resources at a financial services firm
Improved ability and efficiencies as well as ability to identify, hire, onboard.

What is most valuable?

Recruitment.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Servicing of products. Affirmative Action/EEO.

4 years.

I was secondary in implementation.

Not very many.

Customer Service: Average. Technical Support: Good.

We did not.

Fairly straightforward though some details were not identified.

What

What is most valuable?

Recruitment.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Servicing of products. Affirmative Action/EEO.

4 years.

I was secondary in implementation.

Not very many.

Average.

We did not.

Fairly straightforward though some details were not identified.

Vendor team. Good.

We've definitely realized ROI on the module.

Package.

What other advice do I have?

Identify areas of improvement for those who are considered Federal Government contractors and their needs (these are any and would include all banks as well).

Payroll and Benefits Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
Workflows assisted in more fluid processes. I would like them to increase product knowledge in their customer service people.

What is most valuable?

The attention paid to what customers want in product services.

How has it helped my organization?

Workflows assisted in more fluid processes.

What needs improvement?

Increase product knowledge in their customer service people. My experience has been when I speak with a support person, I know more than they do. In some cases, by the time I receive an answer I have already figured it out.

5 years.

Was not with company during deployment.

Willing to assist but lack of knowledge to resolve issues.

Great.

The company did not put people first.

What other advice do I have?

Keep improving. The changes coming in 2017 are a good start. Make your companies able to access more aspects of the system instead of contacting Customer Service

HRIS Coordinator at a real estate/law firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
We were able to save time by utilizing the Pending Pay feature.

What is most valuable?

We were able to save time by utilizing the Pending Pay feature.

How has it helped my organization?

Hours are saved each payroll period on data entry. We were able to eliminate a headcount in the payroll department and utilize it in the HR department.

What needs improvement?

Reporting capabilities in UTM.

Two years.

No, our implementation team was excellent.

No we did not.

No issues.

Customer Service: Excellent. Technical Support: Excellent.

Which solution did I use previously and why did

What is most valuable?

We were able to save time by utilizing the Pending Pay feature.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Reporting capabilities in UTM.

Two years.

No, our implementation team was excellent.

No we did not.

Excellent.

Yes, we were using the HR/Payroll module of our accounting software and it did not fit the needs of HR.

It was pretty straight forward.

We had help from a 3rd party vendor for the core portion of the implementation.

Was not involved in this piece.

Yes, we were looking at ADP and Ceridian.

Payroll/Pension Manager at a insurance company
Features I like include ESS, HR/Payroll Core.

What is most valuable?

ESS, HR/Payroll Core.

What needs improvement?

Payroll processing/tax filing.

12 years.

I was not employed at that time.

Customer Service: 8/10, our company has had issues with response time, but being in payroll my response time has been fairly quick and timely. Technical Support: 9/10, there are times we are able to stump the tech.

We are currently using Kronos Workforce Ready Time Labor Management. We switched from UTM because the reporting feature was HORRIBLE and UTM could not really address our needs and issues.

What is most valuable?

ESS, HR/Payroll Core.

What needs improvement?

Payroll processing/tax filing.

12 years.

I was not employed at that time.

9/10, there are times we are able to stump the tech.

Manager, People Rewards & Operations at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
My company also considered Lawson and PeopleSoft before choosing this solution.

What is most valuable?

I love UltiPro. We have been a customer since 2004. At one point, we had nearly all of the modules, but our management made a decision to move to other solutions for Recruiting and Compensation Planning. This was primarily due to the availability of advanced features at that time. I'd love to have them take another look at UltiPro once those contracts come up for renewal in 2019.

How has it helped my organization?

We have improved efficiency in several areas. Employee self-service and workflow processing have been phenomenal improvements. We have also utilized event studio to automate notifications to interested parties. We are saving time, paper and money!

What needs improvement?

I am excited about the development of a job description component. I had asked about this several years ago!

Since 2004 (our company) and for me personally since 2006.

I missed the initial install, but subsequent modules were installed without incident.

None.

10+!!! Ultimate's support team is by far the best I have ever worked with. Great people who are easy to build relationships with!

Same as above. They rock!

We used Dataease. I'm not sure what prompted the transition, but I'm glad it happened.

Wasn't there for it :(

I believe we used a consultant.

To lock into rates if possible by signing a contract. Your rates are definitely better than those of your competitors.

Yes - Lawson and PeopleSoft.

Human Capital Management - Proccess & Technology Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
For me the most valuable aspect is the ability to have multiple HR processes within a single package.

What is most valuable?

Ability to have multiple HR processes within a single package.

How has it helped my organization?

Automating process approvals.

What needs improvement?

Implementation.

15 months.

Nothing too much out of the ordinary.

None.

Customer Service: Very good. Technical Support: Very good.

Newer software, multiple HR functions within one package.

A little complex due to the nature of our company as…

What is most valuable?

Ability to have multiple HR processes within a single package.

How has it helped my organization?

Automating process approvals.

What needs improvement?

Implementation.

15 months.

Nothing too much out of the ordinary.

Very good.

Newer software, multiple HR functions within one package.

A little complex due to the nature of our company as well has the multiple ways to accomplish the same objective in UltiPro.

In House.

Benefits Supervisor at a pharma/biotech company with 501-1,000 employees
I like the reporting tools and ease of employee self service.

What is most valuable?

Reporting tools and ease of employee self service.

How has it helped my organization?

Employees are able to easily enroll in new benefits online without any assistance.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more options for automating 401k feeds/imports.

5 months.

We implemented with an in house team.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend that when implementing the product the actual coders be included in conversations.  Its seems that we are discussing issues with a third party which prolongs the process if questions or additional conversations are needed.

What is most valuable?

Reporting tools and ease of employee self service.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more options for automating 401k feeds/imports.

5 months.

We implemented with an in house team.

What other advice do I have?

HRIS Manager ► HR Systems | Analytics | Process Improvement at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Allows us to keep HR functions centralized.

What is most valuable?

HR Core Cognos BI

How has it helped my organization?

Allows us to keep HR functions centralized.

What needs improvement?

Better integration between UTA and Recruitment/Onboarding.

4 years.

N/A, deployed before I started.

Somewhat. Often run into the custom zone for any needed features which could be considered standard.

Customer Service: Very Good, responsive. Technical Support: Good after several days, would be better if they could get to the resident expert on the module on day one.…

What is most valuable?

• HR Core
  • Cognos BI

How has it helped my organization?

Allows us to keep HR functions centralized.

What needs improvement?

Better integration between UTA and Recruitment/Onboarding.

4 years.

N/A, deployed before I started.

Very Good, responsive.

Senior Payroll Analyst at a non-tech company
Self Service has opened up a lot for employees.

What is most valuable?

Instant pay calculations. Garnishment service.

How has it helped my organization?

Self Service has opened up a lot for employees. Also, more visibility to employee data from all levels.

What needs improvement?

UTM, which is coming!

2+ years

Issues with direct deposit, but that was on our bank's side. Otherwise, smooth.

Sometimes a system would be down, but it would be quickly resolved.

Customer Service: 8/10 Technical Support: 10/10

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

What is most valuable?

Instant pay calculations. Garnishment service.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

UTM, which is coming!

2+ years

Issues with direct deposit, but that was on our bank's side. Otherwise, smooth.

Sometimes a system would be down, but it would be quickly resolved.

8/10

10/10

Yes, ADP. They couldn't provide an interface to our HR System and it took too long to calculate payrolls.

Straitforward, but we had a lot of data cleanup that made it complex.

In House.

Yes, Workday.

What other advice do I have?

Great service and nice to have the ability to change simple things yourself instead of paying the company to do it.

Sr. Manager, HRIS Implementations (Practice Lead) at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
We have been able to have more data at manager and leaderships fingertips.

What is most valuable?

The entire product has been completely wonderful to work with. It truly offers a complete employee lifecycle process that is adjustable to any of our business needs.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to have more data at manager and leaderships fingertips. Knowledge is power!

What needs improvement?

The performance module would be ideally updated next since it has not had the full review like the others have.

My company has been on the product since 2011 and I have been using the product since 2011.

Nothing of major note.

At times, but nothing that is worth noting. Uptime is great!

None.

Superior to others, best/top in class. I feel that I am valued and want to be partnered with at all times.

Awesome!

Oracle, move was because of the complexity of the solution. Needed to have too many DBAs on staff to support the product.

Through Ultimate.

Happy Client and Employees.

ADP

Ceridian

Human Resources Manager at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Provides us with an integrated solution.

What is most valuable?

Integration between payroll, recruitment, onboarding, benefits, talent management, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to implementing Ultipro we had four different systems that had employee data. Benefit enrollments were done manually. Having an integrated HRIS system has saved time and increased efficiency.

Since 2015.

Some implementations take longer than others.

Customer Service: At times it takes days to get a return call. Technical Support: At times it take days to get…

Since 2015.

Some implementations take longer than others.

At times it takes days to get a return call.

At times it take days to get a return call.

Yes. Needed one system that was integrated.

Some were complex others were not.

It's worth it.

Yes, don't recall the other vendor names.

Payroll & Benefits Administrator at a pharma/biotech company with 501-1,000 employees
Before choosing, we also evaluated Ascentis, Workday, Paylocity, Payscale, Coastal Payroll.

What is most valuable?

I really like the robustness of the Payroll Gateway.  Paying employees quickly and correctly has never been so easy!

How has it helped my organization?

The onboarding tool has really cut down on the amount of duplicate entry our team was struggling with prior to implementation.

What needs improvement?

UTM and core connectivity: this should be way more straightforward!

About 3 months.

Yes, 2016 benefit enrollments were loaded for 2017.  The fix took hours.

Right now, 7, but hoping to…

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

UTM and core connectivity: this should be way more straightforward!

About 3 months.

Yes, 2016 benefit enrollments were loaded for 2017.  The fix took hours.

Right now, 7, but hoping to reach 10 in the near future!

ADP; their payroll team was not knowledgeable enough!

We implemented in-house.

We did: Ascentis, Workday, Paylocity, Payscale, Coastal Payroll.

HRIS Analyst at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is most valuable?

The ease of use. Ultipro is easy for both the tech savy HR person to those with limited knowledge of using HCM applications.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to automate several job changes where our team made several data entry mistakes. By doing this it reduced cost being misallocated in the GL.

What needs improvement?

Customization of labels in headers on the pages to fit the actual business verbiage used at your specific organization.

10 plus years.

Customer…

10 plus years.

Scale of 1-10, 7.

Scale of 1-10, 8.

Straight orward if you have a general understand of the offering. I would suggest for new implementations diving more into the functions of the organization and tying specific function of Ultipro to a problem so that the benefit of the investment can be seen faster.

In-house scale of 1-10, 5.

Human Resources at a consumer goods company with 501-1,000 employees
We switched from our previous solution because of customer service.

What is most valuable?

Open enrollment and life events.

How has it helped my organization?

Paperless and carrier connection.

What needs improvement?

Better platform for carriers.

Since October 2016.

Yes. We had many issues with carrier connection.

Customer Service: Top notch. Technical Support: Top notch.

We switched from our previous solution because of customer service.

Complex. Getting the data and carriers to…

What is most valuable?

Open enrollment and life events.

How has it helped my organization?

Paperless and carrier connection.

What needs improvement?

Better platform for carriers.

Since October 2016.

Yes. We had many issues with carrier connection.

Top notch.

Top notch.

We switched from our previous solution because of customer service.

Complex. Getting the data and carriers to connect.

In house.

Less time processing open enrollment and life events.

Its worth it.

Yes, we talked with three other companies.

Director of Human Resources at BNBuilders at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Onboarding goes smoothly. It would be great to get notifications on sessions and classes to better equip users on how to navigate the system and get the report that they need.

What is most valuable?

Reports, payroll, benefits, onboarding.

How has it helped my organization?

Onboarding goes very smoothly.

What needs improvement?

Need better assistance with the BI reporting. It would be great to get notifications on sessions and classes to better equip users on how to navigate the system and get the report that they need.

Two years.

Customer Service: Good. Technical Support: OK.

Yes. Paychex.

How was the initial

What is most valuable?

Reports, payroll, benefits, onboarding.

How has it helped my organization?

Onboarding goes very smoothly.

OK.

Yes. Paychex.

Vendor team.

Good.

What other advice do I have?

Continue to bring lots of training to new users.

Benefits Manager at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees

What is most valuable?

BI Benefits Admin

How has it helped my organization?

We're able to get more access to info quicker. Online enrollment has saved a lot of paperwork, reduced errors, improved efficiencies.

What needs improvement?

They need to update the open enrollment and life events process, make it more flexible, and update the look and feel.

Since 2009.

No problems.

Customer Service: Very good. Technical Support: Very good.

Which solution did I use previously and why did I

What is most valuable?

• BI
  • Benefits Admin

How has it helped my organization?

We're able to get more access to info quicker.

Since 2009.

No problems.

Ceridian

In-house team.

Workspace, Peoplesoft, Ceridian.

Director at a healthcare company
The ability to get data in and out of it is seamless and easy.

What is most valuable?

The ability to get data in and out of Ulti is seamless and easy. This feature has helped us to integrate with legacy systems as well with systems not supported by HRIS.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to get finance data into our lawson system without us having to us the Lawson HR/Payroll product. We have also been able to run our physician contracts through BI and Ulti Documents. It has been a great time saver that keeps us from having to track down paper and to have to file them.

What needs improvement?

Documents upload and the way it is used for life events, it is too many steps to process. The documents go one place and the life event approval is in another place. Same as other situations that require documents.

Since 1996!

Not at all. We have moved from DOS to Windows as well as adding other companies on to the system as we have grown. We actually did a conversion from a mainframe system during 9-11 and we managed to get it all done remotely.

Not at all.

Not at all, we continue to add new companies all the time!

I have watched customer service grow over the years, as they have implemented the customer portal and the direct access to support.

Good, have been very responsive when needed, which is not to often.

Paper system to Dos ult, the other half of the company was on a mainframe system. We merged companies and did an RFI and determined that Ulti was the best solution for us.

lol..complex back in the DOS days, but easier as we went to Windows, asp, .net and now SaaS.

We used Ulti and they were awesome.

Makes sure you have the employee count correct, we use our database to store employees that we do not pay, so they are not included in our count.

We have evaluated HCM several times, first in 2000, then in 2007 then as recently as 2016. We have continued to show that Ulti has been the best choice for our organization.

What other advice do I have?

This product continues to grow and improve, which you don't see that happen often with HCM companies. They also listen to their customers.

HR Operations Analyst at a real estate/law firm with 501-1,000 employees
Added reporting efficiency. Made it easier to share data with external vendors including our IT department for better integration.

What is most valuable?

• Business Intelligence/Reporting
  • User Interface and functionality
  • Customizability

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

Time management functionality and integration could be improved.

1.5 Years

Implementation was a long bumpy process. UltiPro is very customizable which is great once you are implemented, but it makes it difficult to implement out of the box because a lot of work goes into making decisions about how the system will be set up.

No - UltiPro is very easy to update and add new features which is convenient for our growing business as well.

Our account manager is fantastic which makes our experience great. She is very knowledgable and helpful with the system.

I have not had much interaction with their technical support team as 9/10 times the system is working correctly. Overall I think they are helpful and competent.

We did - we switched because our other system was not customizable at all and we needed to customize our system. We also needed integration with other vendors which in some cases were not an option with our old solution.

It was complex. The implementation team keeps you on track and tells you what you need to do so there is a straightforward path, but implementing was a big task that took a lot of work to complete.

In house

UltiPro is generally a more costly solution but some of the solutions they have provided have definitely saved us time and effort which creates a solid ROI for us.

Yes - we looked at ADP and Paylocity.

What other advice do I have?

I think this solution is excellent and very powerful. I would recommend that if you are not familiar, you consider using a consultant to help set it up. It may be more costly to use a consultant, but it will be a more efficient process and to optimize the solution for faster ROI.

HR Generalist at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Top features for me are Recruitment, on-boarding, open enrollment.

What is most valuable?

Recruitment, on-boarding, open enrollment.

How has it helped my organization?

We went from tracking our recruiting on an excel spreadsheet to have a well-functioning, process-oriented recruiting program in place!

What needs improvement?

Rollout of new products/communication is sometimes problematic. For instance, we were told that we would go onto the new recruiting product almost two years ago and we are still waiting.

5 years.

What is most valuable?

Recruitment, on-boarding, open enrollment.

5 years.

Human Resources Director at a wellness & fitness company with 501-1,000 employees
The core features enabling employee self-serve functions and automation of workflows have been helpful in our organization's drive to become paperless.

What is most valuable?

The core features enabling employee self-serve functions and automation of workflows have been extremely helpful in our organization's drive to become paperless. The reporting function is better than any other HRIS system I've seen or worked with

How has it helped my organization?

The reporting functionality specifically has provided our organization with real-time, customized data, allowing us to make data-driven decisions and build programs based on actual data.

What needs improvement?

Improvements in processes and being able to track our turnover statistics to assess the effectiveness of retention efforts and programs.

1.5 years

We had a few bumps in the road, which is to be expected with any large-scale implementation. From the employee perspective, it was largely seamless.

7 - during implementation I believe our consultants were over-worked, so while they were extremely knowledgeable, they were not always accessible. Post-implementation, customer service has been great.

Great if you know the right questions to ask.

We did not have a system prior to the Ultipro implementation.

It was complex and would have been nice to have more guidance. We didn't always know the right questions to ask, so we didn't always get the right information, but overall was pretty good.

In-house team.

It is expensive, but provides a lot of functionality and can meet most of our needs.

Yes, but it was prior to my joining the organization, so I'm not aware of the details.

HR Specialist at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees

What is most valuable?

We are new in implementation but I find the Business Intelligence Reporting to be a valuable part of the program.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows all business units to improve processes.

What needs improvement?

I would love to see a Text Box added to the Status page. When putting an employee on Leave of Absence, it would be great to have a place for notes!

6 months.

Yes, but I am not a part of the implementation team.

Customer…

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It allows all business units to improve processes.

6 months.

Yes, but I am not a part of the implementation team.

Not that I am aware of.

I have not had any contact with Customer Service yet.

I have not worked with Tech Support yet.

We used Workday.

I believe it was complex. The Team had a tight deadline and spent a large amount of their time pushing to hit these deadlines.

I believe they looked at Ceridian.

What other advice do I have?

I am learning new aspects of the program every week and as new modules open I look forward to what this program will do for our business!

Human Resource Assistant Manager at a non-tech company
The BI is the most valuable feature.

What is most valuable?

BI

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our reporting information. It has given us the ability to provide rapid information to our managers.

What needs improvement?

Recruiting and interfacing the information to payroll are areas with room for improvement.

I have used it for 10 years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues. The team we had were awesome.

We have not encountered any stability issues that I am aware off.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

What is most valuable?

• BI

I have used it for 10 years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues. The team we had were awesome.

We have not encountered any stability issues that I am aware off.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is great!

Most of the time technical support responds rapidly.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was complex, but it was mostly because of our company's rules.

An in-house team implemented it.

Sr. Director - Payroll & HRIS at a mining and metals company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is easy to make corrections with the payroll gateway.

What is most valuable?

The employee & manager self-service are very functional out of the box. The payroll gateway is very easy to work with & make corrections with.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to move over to electronic pay statements & open enrollment, & drastically cut down on our paper & postage.

What needs improvement?

The tax corrections are a bit burdensome; you have to void & reissue payments.

This is an area that Ultimate has stated that they are working to improve in the next few releases, but the current process is very time-consuming.

One example is if we find out that an employee moved previously & we need to correct their state taxes, the only way to do this is to void all the payrolls that included entries going to the wrong state & re-enter all of the transactions as an adjustment moving the taxes to the correct code.

We had an issue during implementation where one of our work locations was setup with the wrong PA local taxes and it was not found for 3 pay days. In order to correct it, we had to void & manually re-enter every employee's payroll transactions for all 3 pay days & this took a few employees multiple days to reenter.

My hope is that this will be greatly improved with some of the upcoming releases, but right now it is my least favorite thing about UltiPro.

I have used it for eight months.

We encountered nothing out of the ordinary for an implementation.

We have not encountered any stability issues; it has had very high availability.

We have not encountered any scalability issues so far.

Customer service is very good. All the representatives are very friendly, but sometimes it can take a while to get an actual answer to the question you are asking.

Technical support is good, very pleasant to work with.

We used Oracle HCM & I found it very difficult to work with & very difficult to get responses from support; not user friendly to navigate either.

Initial setup was fairly straightforward. It would have been helpful if we would have had more time to implement & get a better understanding on how all the different parts affected each other.

We implemented using Ultimate implementation services.

No real ROI; we had to implement a new system.

Make sure you have a good understanding of your minimum counts so you will not end up paying for employees you do not have; can also set up non-employees with a lower level license cost.

Before choosing, we also evaluated Oracle Fusion, PDS, Workday, and Kronos.

What other advice do I have?

There is a lot of functionality available out of the box with minimum configuration if your business will support rolling it out.

CHRO at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
I have found the compensation management module to be valuable and time saving.

What is most valuable?

We are a relatively new user so we are still learning the product. I have found the compensation management module to be very valuable and time saving. It eliminates a great deal of manual work and helps us stay within our budget. In addition, it helps as we integrate our pay ranges into the tool and provides guidance on how to administer based on range position and performance scores.

How has it helped my organization?

A great deal of manual work has been eliminated and it gives us more time to review data vs. enter it.

What needs improvement?

Our biggest concern was the implementation. Having no person on site to help us through integration was a big negative. The online training, though very nice, is very hard to follow and retain because the trainers assume you know how the system works. For me, the training became an exercise of the trainers telling us to click here and click there, and I did not retain a thing. I need more personal one-on-one time to configure the system to our needs and have a better understanding of how to work the system by the time we launched. I felt behind the 8 ball after implementation.

I have used it for three months.

See the comments related to room for improvement. We did encounter deployment issues... The lack of a person on site was a huge negative. A bit more hand-holding for the $80,000 implementation fee would have been of much more value to me.

We have not yet encountered any stability issues.

We have not yet encountered any scalability issues... too soon to tell.

Customer service is 4/10. We have already asked for a new account manager after only three months.

Our old system was way too limited for what we needed. It was a solution for 100 employees or less and we outgrew it years ago.

Initial setup was not complex, but it was more difficult than it needed to be due to not having more of a personal touch.

An in-house team implemented it.

It is too soon to tell about ROI.

Before choosing we also evaluated SyncHR and ADP.

Sr IT Business Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
The payroll function is valuable.

What is most valuable?

We use payroll via back office.

How has it helped my organization?

The payroll function is immaculate; we rely on it 100%.

What needs improvement?

Recruiting upgrading from v10 to v14

It was a Y2K solution; we implemented it in 1999.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer Service: It seems our NSR changes quite frequently (because of good opportunities for the NSR). However, I've…

What is most valuable?

We use payroll via back office.

How has it helped my organization?

The payroll function is immaculate; we rely on it 100%.

What needs improvement?

• Recruiting upgrading from v10 to v14

It was a Y2K solution; we implemented it in 1999.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

It seems our NSR changes quite frequently (because of good opportunities for the NSR). However, I've spoken to so many new people lately (not my NSR) that customer service is sometimes frustrating.

Level 2 support is not frequently needed; however, most of them are good at what they do.

We have been using Ultipro since Y2K.

A vendor team implemented it.

Salesmen from Ultipro seem to be intent on the sale... then they disappear!

Manager Human Resources at a non-tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Provides self-service for both employees and managers.

What is most valuable?

• Self service (both employees and managers)
  • Recruiting & onboarding
  • Benefits administration

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us to streamline our processes and eliminate administrative tasks.

What needs improvement?

Advanced benefits administration should include more-complex benefit setups (ex: items dependent on something else).

I have used it for four years between two different companies.

Technical support is excellent.

We switched to UltiPro for more functionality and financial reasons.

Initial setup was very straightforward. Our consultants were knowledgeable and easy to work with.

I rate the vendor team that implemented it very high.

It has the best pricing ever. You get so much for your money.

I have looked at other systems in the past. I have used other systems in the past. I would always continue to go back to using Ultipro.

What other advice do I have?

Ultimate Software makes a great product. And it is always changing for the better!

Senior Payroll Specialist at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
The BI reporting and data integration valuable. Customer service could be more responsive at times.

What is most valuable?

BI reporting Data integration

How has it helped my organization?

Streamlining of processes, and reporting is a huge improvement over the previous provider.

What needs improvement?

Customer service could be more responsive at times and the implementation team could have explained some items better. Now that we are on the system, we have found some of our setup should have been done differently.

I have used it for six months.

We have encountered deployment issues; there were some tax entities that were not set up, even though they were in the activation kit.

Only once during a payroll processing day…

What is most valuable?

• BI reporting
  • Data integration

What needs improvement?

I have used it for six months.

Only once during a payroll processing day did we have problems with stability; was unable to calculate for over half a day.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Depending on who you get on the phone, customer service is either fantastic or non-existent.

The previous provider was not able to handle the growth of the organization.

Initial setup was complex; multiple FEINs and also rules for different companies; also, multiple changes to earnings/deduction codes from the previous provider and changes to pay cycles.

Benefits Administrator at a engineering company with 501-1,000 employees
The reporting is the most valuable feature.

What is most valuable?

Reporting

How has it helped my organization?

Capturing the data in a way we want!

What needs improvement?

I would like more real-time help.

I have used it since October 2016.

I did encounter deployment issues.

Customer Service: Customer service is not the most accessible; somewhat confusing. Technical Support: Technical support is good because we have an excellent IT department who can work out the bugs. :)

Initial setup was complex. I think there were several areas that could have worked more efficiently.

What is most valuable?

• Reporting

How has it helped my organization?

Capturing the data in a way we want!

What needs improvement?

I would like more real-time help.

I have used it since October 2016.

I did encounter deployment issues.

Customer service is not the most accessible; somewhat confusing.

it_user9210
Finance Expert with 51-200 employees
We have been very pleased. Great implementation & high ROI
For how long have you used this product? - 3 years Which features of this product are most valuable to you? - Step by Step Payroll - The IBM Cognos reporting system - Self Service to our employees Can you give an example of how this product has improved the way your organization functions? - The step by step payroll has opened up a lot of time for me to be able to work on other projects and teams throughout my company - The reporting has given our leadership team and supervisors more information than they have ever had in the past. What areas of this product have room for improvement? - The importing of data is hit or miss on how well it works with our needs - The Time Management side (separate from the core system) is the one area that I have the most problems with - When IE upgrades we still have to run old versions until UltiPro gets up to speed - Open Enrollment has also has some issues when we go to integrate the new data in for the new plan year Did you encounter any issues with deployment, stability or scalability? - No Did you previously use a different solution and if so, why did you switch? - Yes we previously used Ceridian. We are a smaller company and Ceridian tends to be more suited for larger companies. In addition the customer service was always lacking and the reporting was terrible. Before choosing this product, did you evaluate other options? If so, which ones? - Yes, I do not remember all who we interviewed because it was almost 4 years ago; however I can say we looked at about 3 others and UltiPro was definitely a good choice for us How would you rate the level of customer service and technical support? - I would give the highest rating in this area. Even when there are things that do not work they are very good about working with us and eager to listen to changes that need to be made. We have a designated Account Manager but can also call in for emergency needs and always reach a live person Was the initial setup straightforward or complex? In what ways? - The implementation team was very good and walked us through very efficiently. Did you implement through a vendor team or an in-house one? If through a vendor team, how would you rate their level of expertise? - We had one representative that managed the entire project of implementation. He never came to our office but made sure that he was always available. If we had to talk to a different representative regarding different modules in the system he would always check in to make sure that everything was going well. All in all the implementation went very well. What is your ROI on this product? - We have had a very high ROI and it is always going up. We find new things that we can use for different departments and the system is always improving. We have been very pleased. What was your original setup cost for this product and what is your day-to-day cost of using this product? - I am not the one that signed the final contract. However I know that the cost has been very reasonable. What advice would you give to others looking into implementing this product? - Make sure you own your data and they will be a good partner to work with
Download our free Benefits Administration Report and find out what your peers are saying about UKG, Workday, ADP, and more!
Quick Links