Backup and Recovery Software Questions
Nov 03 2020
Why should businesses prioritize having a disaster recovery solution?
Do you have some real life examples of cases where disaster recovery was not in place, and what the ramifications were to the business? And vice-versa - what are some examples of cases where disaster recovery proved vital and mitigated loss?
Jan 11 2021
When selecting cloud backup and recovery software to protect your corporate data, what are your top 3 considerations?
What are the most important considerations when selecting backup and recovery software for your business, particularly for cloud-based solutions?
What tips can you share for making the process of selecting backup and recovery software easier?
Oct 06 2020
I am researching Backup and Recovery software. I am interested in Acronis. How does it compare to VEEAM and Azure?
Office 365 has built-in backup functionality, but some people recommend having a third-party backup. Is this necessary, and what solutions do you recommend for this?
Which backup and recovery solution would you recommend that provide Windows DRaaS + failover, plus Linux (SUSE) virtuals?
I work as the president of a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees.
We are currently researching backup and recovery software. I am looking for more information regarding Infrascale and other options that provide:
- DRaaS + Failover for Windows
- Linux (SUSE) virtuals running in VMware/Hyper-V.
Thanks! I appreciate your help.
What is the best backup for super-duper (100Gbps) fast read and write with hardware encryption?
Oct 05 2020
Help! Need an opensource backup solution to work with OVM, Linux, Windows, Sql server, Exchange, Sharepoint. Plus bare metal recovery.
Currently using R1Soft and have major issues. We need the software to work with OVM, Linux, Windows, Sql server, Exchange, and Sharepoint. We also need bare metal recovery functionality.
I'm looking for a breakdown of the major differences between these Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions:
1. Arcserve UDP
2. Acronis Backup
3. Veeam Backup
4. VMware vDPA
One of our clients was hit by the Locky (https://nakedsecurity.sophos.c...) strain of ransomware and had over 107,000 files scrambled and encrypted.
Fortunately, since they've implemented a solid backup and recovery plan with us, we were able to get them up and running that afternoon without shelling out any bitcoins.
Have you been affected by this rash of ransomware? If so, what version were you hit by, and what did you do?
Be safe out there!
Oct 16 2020
When evaluating backup and recovery software, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
There's a lot of vendor hype about enterprise backup and recovery software. What's really important to look for in a solution?
Let the community know what you think. Share your opinions now!
Product CategoriesBackup and Recovery Software
Download our free Unitrends Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
- When evaluating backup and recovery software, what aspect do you think is the most important to look for?
- Help! Need an opensource backup solution to work with OVM, Linux, Windows, Sql server, Exchange, Sharepoint. Plus bare metal recovery.
- Major Differences Between These 4 Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions?
- Best backup for 100Gbps+ read and write with hardware encryption?
- Should I get a third-party backup solution for Office 365?
- Which backup and recovery solution would you recommend that provide Windows DRaaS + failover, plus Linux (SUSE) virtuals?
- Comparison between Acronis, VEEAM and Azure?
- How do you backup a SAN?
- Why is disaster recovery important?
- Have you been hit by Ransomware?