Veeam Agent for Linux OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veeam Agent for Linux is the #13 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Backup tools. It is most often compared to Cohesity DataProtect: Veeam Agent for Linux vs Cohesity DataProtect

What is Veeam Agent for Linux?

Veeam Agent for Linux is a simple backup agent that’s designed to ensure the Availability of your Linux installations, both on‑premises and in the public cloud. Veeam Agent for Linux’s built‑in integration with Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to leverage your Veeam backup repositories and get your on‑premises backups off site.

Download the Backup and Recovery Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Veeam Agent for Linux Customers

ContinuitySA, Industrial Scientific

Veeam Agent for Linux Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veeam Agent for Linux pricing:
  • "Licensing costs are monthly."
  • "The costing is very competitive."
  • "Price-wise it's good."
  • "The solution is rather expensive and I think the price is too high."

Wira Chinwong
Service Director at scsi co.,ltd
Easy to deploy and user-friendly with good technical support and

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to backup our server.

• "The initial setup and deployment are easy. It's straightforward."
  • "The solution is pretty stable right now, however, we believe that the solution could be made to be even more stable."

What other advice do I have?

This is a cloud-based solution, and as such, we are always using the latest version of the solution. It is automatically updated as required. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've found the product to be very useful and has very good capabilities. I'd recommend the solution to other organizations.
SA
Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Single file restore capability works well, but I would like to be able to install directly on Linux

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for backup and recovery.

• "The user interface is good."
  • "I would like to be able to install Veeam directly to Linux instead of having to go through a Windows server."

What other advice do I have?

I haven't explored all of what this solution has to offer as I have only been using it for four months, but so far it's good and I would recommend it. In the next release, I would like to see Veeam installed in Linux instead of Windows, that is the main concern for me. Some locations avoid using Veeam because of this, being installed on a Windows Server and not Linux. This would be a huge improvement. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Veeam Software, Cohesity, Rubrik and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MH
System Engineer at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
Very good, simple to use, and fits the purpose

What is our primary use case?

We sell the latest version of Veeam Agent for Linux.

• "It's simple to use."
  • "There isn't much to improve. They just need to follow the trend or the development of other Linux products. Follow in terms of making the product compatible with new versions of Linux. They just need to include as many versions for Linux as possible."

What other advice do I have?

If you have a Linux environment and you need to protect it via an agent, that's when you have to use it. Otherwise, you just don't use it. You back up this little machine without initiation. It is very good, and it fits the purpose. That's a 10 out of 10.
BJ
Backup Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reliable, good support, and allows us to work with individual files

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we have an SAP server that is doing the snapshot. We use Veeam Agent to avoid the snapshot from freezing on the server.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to pick up individual files.

What needs improvement?

The integration needs improvement. It should be easier for my admins.

We have used Veeam for 10 years and added Veeam Agent for Linux recently because we had a need for it. We started using this solution a couple of months ago. We are using the latest version.

The stability is pretty good. We are satisfied.

We have a new project that is coming up in…
BunyaminTasdemir
CTO at Pronet Security
Easy to install and manage but it needs to support physical machine backup

• "The most valuable feature is the instant restore option."
  • "We are currently waiting for the continuous backup process."

What other advice do I have?

If the production site has physical computers they will not be able to use Veeam, but if they have virtual machines then it’s very good to manage, install, and the reporting is also very good. We do not have a business relationship with Veeam, we are customers. I am certified with Veeam. At the moment, this solution is not good enough. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
AA
Senior Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Offers good monitoring, analytics, and data management

• "What I find most valuable about this solution, is that the user experience is very simple."
  • "In the next version, I would like to see an increase in the locations online. I have found that other products have good pickup location."

What other advice do I have?

Everything works well and the solution is user-friendly, so I will rate it nine out of ten. In the next version, I would like to see an increase in the locations online. I have found that other products have good pickup location. I would recommend Veeam to others.
TC
Information Systems Infrastructure Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
Secure, reliable, and easy to use, with good disaster recovery

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for disaster recovery and backups. We are resellers and customizers.

What is most valuable?

I like the incremental backups and their failover. It's very secure, it protects against ransomware.

I have been using this solution for less than a year. It has been for a very short period of time.

It's quite stable.

It's scalable. If you want more licenses, you can just add on to it. It's quite easy.

Technical support is okay. They could be more customer-friendly.

The installation is quite easy. …
ME
BSS Platform Team Leader at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good backup features and useful integration

• "The technical support is good."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I will rate this solution an eight. Something that needs to improve is compatibility with all the operating systems so that they operate smoothly. That will improve the backup function.
    Download our free Backup and Recovery Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Veeam Software, Cohesity, Rubrik, and more!