YS
Lead Presales at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Stable, with good normal file recovery and many helpful features

• "We found the initial setup to be quite simple."
  • "The solution lacks instant recovery."

What is our primary use case?

We have one customer that has three or four servers and those are Windows servers. We have to use the agent only.

Any laptop or desktop that is Windows can use it, as well as physical servers. We don't use this with virtual servers.

What is most valuable?

The solution works really well.

It offers all the features we need.

Normal file recovery is there and quite helpful.

You can mount the shared folder, the backup folder, in order to do the backup.

The solution is stable.

The product can scale.

We found the initial setup to be quite simple.

What needs improvement?

The solution lacks instant recovery.

Specific file and file-level backup are not there. That is the challenge.

We have a customer that has been using the solution for more than two years, and another customer that has had it for a year or more.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We have three or four customers that are using the solution.

Even if you have different licenses, the technical support remains the same.  We haven't had any issues with support in general.

The implementation process is straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

Anyone who understands the installation just has to go through and click, click, next, done. There is not much configuration needed as everything is done on the management console.

You only need one technical person to handle the initial setup and any maintenance. We have three or four individuals who are capable.

We were able to handle the installation ourselves, in-house. We did not need a consultant or integrator to assist us.

You don't have to pay a monthly or yearly licensing fee. It's already built-in.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've mostly been quite happy with the product.

I would recommend this solution to other users and companies.

FD
Senior Solution Architect at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
A stable and scalable solution that makes it easy to back up physical servers and works fine

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to back up the physical servers of our customers who are working on-prem. It is deployed in the environment of our customers. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is good and easy to use for backing up physical servers. It is working fine, and it is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

It fulfills our needs in terms of features. In terms of improvements, they can maybe improve its documentation.

I have been using this solution for six years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We can install it on all servers or whichever server we want.  We have 20…

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for six years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We can install it on all servers or whichever server we want.

We have 20 users in our organization. We are using this product, but I don't think that we will increase its usage because there are not many physical servers. There are more virtual servers, and we use this product mostly for the physical servers.

I never had to create a support ticket for this solution.

I used IBM Tivoli when I was working with IBM.

It is a cloud solution. There is no installation.

We have a cloud provider agreement with Veeam. We are also paying for the agent.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows a nine out of ten. It is a good solution.

Learn what your peers think about Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Enayat Galsulkar
Senior Information Security Consultant at Future Telecom
Easy installation and useful for taking backups for end-user laptops

What is our primary use case?

The solution is useful for taking backups for end-user laptops and end-user workstations where data is involved. An example would be that of my CEO's laptop, which contains political business. We simply take a backup of it and store it in an external drive.

What needs improvement?

The support could be improved and made faster. There is zero support. The reporting part and customization for backup policy can also be improved.

I have been using the solution for two years.

When it comes to scalability, I have no choice but to continue using the solution, as I have already paid for it.

The support could…

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for two years.

The support could be improved a lot, as it is currently non-existent.

Installation is very easy and takes around ten minutes.

The licensing costs are a standard annual fee of one thousand dollars.

The price is fine. The solution is inexpensive, more so than other products.

What other advice do I have?

As mentioned, the support is our primary issue.

I rate Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows as an eight out of ten.

I would recommend this solution to other users.

BJ
Backup Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Stable, easy to deploy, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution in Windows and in Linux, to pick up individual files to create a system image on the server.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see it easier to implement. It may be an issue internally, where something was missed in the installation.

We have been using this solution for a year and we are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

It's a stable product. We have two servers with Veeam Agent for Windows.

We are always satisfied with technical…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It is easy to deploy.

It's a stable solution.

It's a stable product.

We have two servers with Veeam Agent for Windows.

We are always satisfied with technical support.

Previously, we had not used another solution.

I was not involved in the installation.

You only need one admin to maintain this solution.

We have a license package.

What other advice do I have?

For others who are interested in using this solution, I would recommend it.

I would rate Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows an eight out of ten.

YA
VP Technology at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides good security at a reasonable price

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Veeam Agent and I'm the VP of technology.

What is most valuable?

I think the solution is reasonably priced. Veeam also has good security.

What needs improvement?

Some users might think the interface could be improved. It's a subjective thing, I'm fine with it.

We've been using this solution for six months.

Stability is not an issue, it has been working pretty nicely. They have on the wire encryption and that's good enough for us.

The integrator takes care of any technical issues.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. We have a few…

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Veeam Agent and I'm the VP of technology.

What is most valuable?

I think the solution is reasonably priced. Veeam also has good security.

What needs improvement?

We've been using this solution for six months.

The integrator takes care of any technical issues.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. We have a few Microsoft 2016 servers we are using, so it's basically installed on that. We used an integrator for the deployment. We have four people from my IT department using this solution. Most are involved with the main database segment and backup recovery. We may increase usage in the future but not right now.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Download our free Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.