JoseDa Silva
Technical Pre-Sales Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Support provides solutions immediately

• "I think that the scalability is very good. We can't compare it."
  • "I like the Acronis backup solutions on the block-based part of backups. That is a functionality that Veeam does not provide."

What needs improvement?

I like the Acronis backup solutions on the block-based part of backups. That is a functionality that Veeam does not provide.

Otherwise, I don't see any additional improvements in Veeam because they are very good. It integrates very well with Microsoft applications. Veeam is very user friendly and you don't need to have certifications to work on it.

I have been working with Veeam Backup and Replication for the past four years.

I think that the scalability is very good. We can't compare it. The only problem that users may face with Veeam, is if people do not size it correctly, which can cause performance issues.

Cloud backup on AWS Azure is also fantastic. It backs up applications, such as Oracle SAP, as well.

The technical support is very good. They provide solutions immediately and they tell the customer exactly what is wrong.

If you tell Veeam that you're competing with, for example, NetBackup or Backup Exec, or Dell or Micro Focus then they may lower the price. They are very competitive.

The price of Micro Focus will beat Veeam, but then you're missing one or two functionalities which is good to have for disaster recovery.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Veeam Backup a 10 out of 10.

KW
IT Consultant at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Easy to use, good performance, but inadequate technical support

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be used to backup databases. For example, from Windows, Linux, and Oracle. It is sometimes used by government organizations for email backup.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and have good performance.

What needs improvement?

The data duplication should be improved.

I have been using the solution for a long time.

I have found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support has not been good in my experience. They need to have faster and more reliable support for this solution. …

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and have good performance.

What needs improvement?

The data duplication should be improved.

I have been using the solution for a long time.

I have found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable.

The installation was straightforward for me since I have done it before. It might not be for first time users. The time for the installation all depends on the environment.

We have one technician for the maintenance and deployment.

There is a license required for this solution and the price is a bit expensive but it depends on the environment that you have on how much it will cost.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veeam Backup Replication a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Backup & Replication. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,823 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AS
Assistant Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Effective backup tools, simple installation, and good technical support

• "I have found the backup call feature very good."
  • "I have found that the reporting could improve in its structure."

What is most valuable?

I have found the backup call feature very good.

What needs improvement?

I have found that the reporting could improve in its structure.

In an upcoming release, the remote site application, physical workload, and other application integration could improve.

I have been using the solution for approximately four years.

We have experienced some bugs that we reported to the Veeam team and most of the issues have been resolved. For example, we had an issue recovering a file that was 256 characters long which we were testing out. We resolved it by restoring the whole volume.

We are satisfied with the technical support.

We have also worked with Acronis, Commvault, and Veritas.

The initial setup is very simple.

The price of the solution could improve when comparing it to competitors. The market is very competitive and they should have some discounts or special offers.

We have evaluated Commvault and they have a very fantastic rating compared to Veeam Replication.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veeam Backup Replication an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
AZ
DC Infrastructure and Services Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Powerful storage integration, good support, and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We use it for backup and recovery.

What is most valuable?

It is a powerful software for communicating with the storage and for redundancy.

What needs improvement?

Its price is higher than other solutions and can be improved. They can also change the version of the software more often.

I have been using this solution for five years.

It has very good stability. It doesn't have any glitches, and it is very stable so far.

It is very scalable. You need more licensing to scale it.  We have five users of this solution in our company.

I would rate…

What is our primary use case?

We use it for backup and recovery.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for five years.

It is very scalable. You need more licensing to scale it.

We have five users of this solution in our company.

I would rate them a ten out of ten.

The initial setup was easy. The deployment took two and a half hours.

It is more expensive than other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Feature-wise, it is a good solution. You can install the free version of this solution to try it out. This free version is valid for 13 days.

I would rate Veeam Backup & Replication an eight out of ten.

AA
Modern Data Center and Cloud Engineer II at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
MSP
Great Sandbox feature; stable and readily scalable

What is our primary use case?

We currently use Veeam Backup & Replication in our own environment. Veeam is very useful  with the share analysis and with what I get from Reporter. It's very smooth to use. Even the restoration is amazing. The replication feature capabilities are very good. It's useful for Windows products; Exchange, Express, and the like. I'm not sure how they could compete with another product, but it's better. Currently, we are just using this solution on our own site, but not yet integrating for customers. We are integrators of Veeam.

What is most valuable?

I really like the Sandbox feature, it's like a power tool for troubleshooting.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see the pricing improved, it's currently an expensive solution.

What do I think about

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

I really like the Sandbox feature, it's like a power tool for troubleshooting.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see the pricing improved, it's currently an expensive solution.

Veeam is very stable.

This is a very scalable solution.

Technical support is very effective. They respond quickly, faster than Dell.

The initial setup is very easy, it took us around 30 minutes and required one person for deployment.

The licensing of this product is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this product.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

MA
Support Team at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees
Easy backups, easy to set up, and very stable

• "It is way easier to take backup with Veeam Backup & Replication than the regular ones."
  • "They can improve the features and Veeam Enterprise Manager. The interface and features are kind of limited. It would be good if they can provide more features and a better interface. For example, if I want to provide certain users with the privilege to back up and restore and do day-to-day tasks, I cannot do it in the current version. It is like you either give everything to everyone or no user can have access to anything. In version 9, a lot of features were missing, and it wasn't clear. Version 10 is easier from the communication perspective, and the disk backup option is very clear."

What is most valuable?

It is way easier to take backup with Veeam Backup & Replication than the regular ones.

What needs improvement?

They can improve the features and Veeam Enterprise Manager. The interface and features are kind of limited. It would be good if they can provide more features and a better interface. For example, if I want to provide certain users with the privilege to back up and restore and do day-to-day tasks, I cannot do it in the current version. It is like you either give everything to everyone or no user can have access to anything.

In version 9, a lot of features were missing, and it wasn't clear. Version 10 is easier from the communication perspective, and the disk backup option is very clear.

I have been using Veeam Backup & Replication for three years.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. On our site, we are using it for almost 300 people.

They are fast and good.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Veeam Backup & Replication a nine out of ten.

JL
IT Executive at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Offers good instant recovery features

• "I consider the solution's technical support to be excellent, perfect."
  • "There should be better use of the external hard drives."

What is most valuable?

We have found instant recovery to be a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

There should be better use of the external hard drives.

We have been using Veeam Backup and Replication for the past year.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

I consider the solution's technical support to be excellent, perfect.

While I used to work with other products whose names I cannot recall, I prefer to work with those of Veeam.

The initial setup was easy.

The price of the solution could be lower.

We pay for the solution annually, particularly as relates to the cloud version.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is deployed both on-premises and to the cloud.

There are 1,500 people making use of it.

We require one person for its maintenance.

While the documentation is good enough, it should be properly read. A person should read the manual and be experienced with the infrastructure of his computers and company servers.

I rate Veeam Backup and Replication as an eight out of ten.

Darshil Sanghvi
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Offers great reporting with good visibility on the dashboard

• "Provides lots of reporting and visualization of how much data has been transferred."
  • "The solution requires a lot of bandwidth."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to take the complete backup of our Nutanix server and to dump it on our BR site. That's the feature we utilize. We are resellers of Veeam Backup & Replication.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides two good features; backing up of the complete server in a plan, as well as copying or migrating it to another BR site. The solution provides lots of reporting and visualization of how much data has been transferred. If there is any kind of error you receive an alert message and everything can be configured. It does both these things without impacting performance.

What needs improvement?

The solution requires a lot of bandwidth because our servers are heavy.

The solution is stable.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Licensing is on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

This is generally a good solution. When I take actions on it, it gives a lot of visibility and reports on the dashboard. Technically speaking it's good.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Download our free Veeam Backup & Replication Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.