Veeam Cloud Connect Overview

Veeam Cloud Connect is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Disaster Recovery Software. It is most often compared to Azure Site Recovery: Veeam Cloud Connect vs Azure Site Recovery

What is Veeam Cloud Connect?

Veeam Cloud Connect for the Enterprise enables businesses to act as a disaster recover (DR) service provider to deliver off-site backup and replication services to internal customers. This eliminates complexity by removing the need to maintain a VPN connection and it improves security by encapsulating all backup and management traffic into a single port.

Veeam Cloud Connect is also known as Veeam Cloud Connect for the Enterprise.

Veeam Cloud Connect Buyer's Guide

Download the Veeam Cloud Connect Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Veeam Cloud Connect Customers

Worldwide Holdings, ContinuitySA, MPY, Linxdatacenter

Veeam Cloud Connect Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veeam Cloud Connect pricing:
  • "I think that this is one of the most cost-effective solutions."
  • "The licensing fee is on a monthly basis."

MA
Technical Presales Consultant/ Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Easy to backup and restore data to the cloud, and the support is responsive

What is our primary use case?

I am a research consultant and my organization provides various solutions to the market. I work with a variety of solutions, although currently, Veeam is one of the ones that I am focused on. Basically, we get a lot of inquiries, whether it be from our partners or from end-users. They would like to backup their Office 365. They would like to inquire about how to do so and what are the prerequisites, what exactly is required. Generally speaking, the biggest concern is how much storage is needed to store backups. Every company has a different backup policy, different RPOs, different retension… more »

• "A really good feature is backing up the emails of the company."
  • "Basically, a huge amount of storage capacity can be required in certain cases."

What other advice do I have?

So, the use basically is for two use cases. It's a combination of three use cases. Compliance, some companies nowadays, compliance standards force them to have a specific backup policy and a specific retention policy, and it's kind of hard to do that manually. Some people just prefer to have a solution that also meets that. That makes it easy. That's compliant. However, some people just want to take their detail. Some people are actually upset about protecting their data being that it's pretty evident. Just sum it short, the backup server is the granular solution. It's basically responsible…
FJ
Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Stable, cost-effective, and simple to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Veeam Cloud Connect to provide Veeam customers, who do not have a secondary site of their own, a way to replicate their backup data to a secure off-site location. We have a multi-tenant Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure to receive the customer's backup data which is then stored onto our own cloud platform. Veeam Cloud Connect also allows us to expand this service and provide customers with Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) if they need shorter RTOs.

• "This solution works really well and it is simple to deploy."
  • "The biggest thing that Cloud Connect needs is native deduplication."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that if you cannot afford, or do not have the capabilities of having your own secondary site, then Cloud Connect is a good alternative. It's usually sold as a service based on an OpEx model so there's no capital layout, which makes a lot of sense for customers embracing a cloud-based approach to data protection. Before committing to a solution, do your homework and analyse your backup workloads to determine what your cloud storage consumption would be, especially if you retain data for a really long time. Using a cloud solution is a fast and easy way to get data off-site but the…
Learn what your peers think about Veeam Cloud Connect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.
NN
Senior Systems Engineer - Team Lead at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Naturally avoids network changes when replicating

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for clients that are offsite and have Veeam installed and need to move their backups to a secondary location, which is our data center. We use Cloud Connect for that and we are partners of Veeam.

• "Replication without network changes."
  • "Doesn't back-up from KVM."

What other advice do I have?

I like this solution and recommend it to clients. From a data center point of view, I also do consultation as well as being the principal engineer for the data center from VMware and Veeam standpoint and I've always recommended Veeam for our clients. Right now I've got a very good opinion of the product but it remains to be seen what happens down the line. For now, I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
SS
Solution Consultant & System Engineer at a tech company with 201-500 employees
A good knowledge base, good stability and a rather straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as an off-site back-up. The backup copy of data from our organization lands on Cloud Connect in our private cloud instead of us using a second site.

• "While there are some complexities, Veeam tries to keep the product simple and offers a good knowledge base. It's quite structured, so you can easily take one subject and learn about it simply by reading through the documentation."
  • "The solution should allow for interfacing with other public cloud vendors. They could work to build something around that concept."

What other advice do I have?

We're Veeam partners. The main difference between Cloud Connect and a standard on-premises solution is that the cloud is a cheaper alternative. For our purposes, we're using it mostly for offsite backups. We like to keep the primary backup offsite. It helps to make for a quick recovery. For me, the goal is to have a more economical approach to the secondary off-site backup, and that's the main advantage of Cloud Connect. I'd advise other organizations to keep the first or the primary backup on-site and use Cloud Connect connected to a public or a private cloud to have a cheaper secondary copy…
Hybrid Infrastructure Solution Architect at Bitcon
Reliable, scalable, easy to install, and responsive support

What is our primary use case?

I am the repository for our customers. The customer does its running, feeding, backup, and replication, and I copy from their site to my site. We use this solution to have a remote backup copy of their data.

• "I like the fact that it gives you the possibility to set the data out of the customer on-premises site and to have an off-site copy in your Cloud Data Center."
  • "The bandwidth optimization needs to be improved and have better efficiency so that you send fewer amounts of data from one site to the other."

What other advice do I have?

I have plans to continue using this solution, and I would recommend it to others who are interested. I would rate Veeam Cloud Connect a nine out of ten.
Pre-sales Consultant at Beta IT
Good scalability with excellent integration potential

• "The administration and management integrate with multiple solutions, not just with one or two environments, even if they're not VMware products."
  • "We were interested in investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in VMware. VMware right now is one of the biggest solutions in the world, in terms of the IT environment. But for Cloud Connect it's not. I think they need the cloud version to reach more customers, to enable the cloud version to be used by more people."

What other advice do I have?

We connect to the public cloud via Amazon, and for the private cloud, we use a cloud-based VMware solution. I would rate this solution eight out of ten.
RL
IT Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good stability, easy to scale, and has a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a back up for some clients.

• "The stability and restore options on the solution are very good."
  • "We need the solution to offer IT storage."

What other advice do I have?

We're Veeam partners. I'd recommend the solution to others. I'd rate it eight out of ten.
FK
Head of Infrastructure & System Department at a integrator with 51-200 employees
A stable solution with a straightforward setup but the enterprise edition needs a bit more functionality

• "The deployment is quite simple. Users are generally happy because of the familiarity they have with the features. The solution offers good transparency for the end-user."
  • "It would be helpful if the enterprise edition was more complete. It's not as complete as the enterprise plus edition is. For instance, in the enterprise version, we can only use one accelerator with the cloud provider. It means if I have my Cloud Connect, I cannot connect another site of mine with another cloud connect and use an accelerator of Veeam. They should change this."

What other advice do I have?

I work for a consulting enterprise. For my needs, the solution offers everything I want. I'd rate it seven out of ten.
See 6 more Veeam Cloud Connect Reviews