Veeam Cloud Connect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veeam Cloud Connect is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Disaster Recovery Software. It is most often compared to Azure Site Recovery: Veeam Cloud Connect vs Azure Site Recovery

What is Veeam Cloud Connect?

Veeam Cloud Connect for the Enterprise enables businesses to act as a disaster recover (DR) service provider to deliver off-site backup and replication services to internal customers. This eliminates complexity by removing the need to maintain a VPN connection and it improves security by encapsulating all backup and management traffic into a single port.

Veeam Cloud Connect is also known as Veeam Cloud Connect for the Enterprise.

Veeam Cloud Connect Buyer's Guide

Download the Veeam Cloud Connect Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Veeam Cloud Connect Customers

Worldwide Holdings, ContinuitySA, MPY, Linxdatacenter

Veeam Cloud Connect Video

Archived Veeam Cloud Connect Reviews (more than two years old)

FK
Head of Infrastructure & System Department at a integrator with 51-200 employees
A stable solution with a straightforward setup but the enterprise edition needs a bit more functionality

• "The deployment is quite simple. Users are generally happy because of the familiarity they have with the features. The solution offers good transparency for the end-user."
  • "It would be helpful if the enterprise edition was more complete. It's not as complete as the enterprise plus edition is. For instance, in the enterprise version, we can only use one accelerator with the cloud provider. It means if I have my Cloud Connect, I cannot connect another site of mine with another cloud connect and use an accelerator of Veeam. They should change this."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the ability to connect to cloud providers.

The solution is free of charge. It's integrated with Veem Backup replication.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if the enterprise edition was more complete. It's not as complete as the enterprise plus edition is. For instance, in the enterprise version, we can only use one accelerator with the cloud provider. It means if I have my Cloud Connect, I cannot connect another site of mine with another cloud connect and use an accelerator of Veeam. They should change this.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is very stable. I will say the only weak point is the cloud provider infrastructure. It depends on which cloud provider you're working with, but the product itself is really, really stable. In the past, we had issues. After an investigation we realized that the problem was coming from the cloud provider. Since we changed the cloud provider, everything's going well. That's something people should keep in mind.

Technical support is good. I'd rate it seven out of ten.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's very easy to implement. You can pretty much do it in about five clicks and it's ready to go.

What other advice do I have?

I work for a consulting enterprise.

For my needs, the solution offers everything I want. I'd rate it seven out of ten.

IH
Founder at BetaIT
Fast replication and data recovery but the encryption needs to be improved

• "The most valuable features are the fast replication and recovery of data."
  • "The security of encrypted data could be better."

What is our primary use case?

I am a reseller. My primary use case is to sell to thousands of users.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the fast replication and recovery of data.

What needs improvement?

The security of encrypted data could be better.

Better encryption is needed. The backup solution is related to our data, and they need to encrypt data without utilizing the bandwidth.

We would like to see them minimize the bandwidth between all sides.

I have been using this solution for approximately seven years.

This solution is stable, it’s very good. I would rate it an eight out of ten for stability.

This solution is scalable.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup was easy and straightforward, so anyone can install it.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners with Veeam.

I would recommend this solution, but it really does depend on many factors, such as the size of the environment, what their requirements are, and do they have the capabilities to install Veeam

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Veeam Cloud Connect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
540,984 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AmrHafez
Pre-sales Consultant at Beta IT
Good scalability with excellent integration potential

• "The administration and management integrate with multiple solutions, not just with one or two environments, even if they're not VMware products."
  • "We were interested in investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in VMware. VMware right now is one of the biggest solutions in the world, in terms of the IT environment. But for Cloud Connect it's not. I think they need the cloud version to reach more customers, to enable the cloud version to be used by more people."

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest improvements are in the administration and management of the organization and in its ability to make everything more agile.

What is most valuable?

The administration and management integrate with multiple solutions, not just with one or two environments, even if they're not VMware products. We've found this to be a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We were interested in investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in VMware. VMware right now is one of the biggest solutions in the world, in terms of the IT environment. But for Cloud Connect it's not. I think they need the cloud version to reach more customers, to enable the cloud version to be used by more people.

The solution could use more web optimization and some networking features than what they have currently. If they could work to integrate more with other solutions, such as Cisco API, that would be helpful. Security is very good, but from the networking side of things, I think we need more enhancements.

I've been using the solution for two years.

Stability is good, but in production, if we try to upgrade or patch anything from VMware Cloud, we've faced problems. In some cases, we've had to downgrade some software.

The solution is 100% scalable. We haven't faced any problems extending the solution.

The deployment of the solution is complex.

It's a really complicated implementation, and it would be helpful if there was a management portal to make it easier and to help make everything compatible.

What other advice do I have?

We connect to the public cloud via Amazon, and for the private cloud, we use a cloud-based VMware solution.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten.