Veeam ONE OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veeam ONE is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Virtualization Management Tools. It is most often compared to VMware vRealize Operations (vROps): Veeam ONE vs VMware vRealize Operations (vROps)

What is Veeam ONE?

Veeam® ONE™ is a powerful monitoring, reporting and capacity planning tool for the management of the Veeam backup infrastructure and VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments. It helps enable Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by providing complete visibility of the IT environment to detect issues before they have operational impact.

Veeam ONE Buyer's Guide

Download the Veeam ONE Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Veeam ONE Customers
Business & Legal Resources Inc., Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, Alliance Healthcare, Poulin Grain Inc., Linear Technology, Northwestern University, ARKEMA, Sogegross, City of Lynchburg
Veeam ONE Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veeam ONE pricing:
  • "For what it does, the price is acceptable."
  • "If you have Veeam Backup and Replication with the essential license then this solution is free. If you were to purchase Veeam ONE by itself it is priced cheaper than competitors."

Kevin Heron
Technical Operations Manager at Ocient, Inc.
Flexible, easy to use with a great storage gateway feature

What is our primary use case?

We use Veeam ONE because we have a Windows and Linux environment, and we also have Office365. Microsoft doesn't back up the data from Office365, they only have checkpoints so the customer is required to backup that data, if that's what their composite calls for. Although we use the solution on premise, we write data off to the cloud every couple of months. We are customers of Veeam One and I'm an IT professional.

• "Storage gateway feature is very flexible."
  • "Not highly customizable."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Veeam is not highly customizable, but if someone's looking for a reliable, stable backup product that you can scale and get great support on, that supports multiple OS's, I would suggest using it. It's pretty good. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
MA
Technical Presales Consultant/ Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Scalable with great technical support and an easy initial setup

• "The solution is carefully designed to be easy to use - even if you're in a panic."
  • "They need to support more platforms."

What other advice do I have?

Veeam has a suite called the Velamen Availability Suite. This Suite consists of two products; Veeam ONE and Veeam Backup Replication. Usually, we use these two products at the same time for different purposes. I've been using the solution since version 9.5 and now it's on version 11. I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Veeam ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Reinhard Geißler
CEO at a educational organization with 201-500 employees
Easy to set up with good scalability and helpful technical support

• "The solution is stable."
  • "When you have to renew the licenses you sometimes have some trouble getting rid of the old one and reassigning it to the new one. That's an aspect that could run smoother and could be better."

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user of the solution. We have the Veeam plugin from Dell and Veeam ONE. Veeam ONE is in the availability suite we have ordered and we changed our hardware from Dell and for the last five years, we have the open-managed integration. We're currently on version 11 and we updated the solution in February. For those considering the solution, I would advise that they deactivate the alarm at first and then run it in a warning mode so that you can learn within the environment. Veeam has some limits, and these limits are often only baselines. You may have other limits as you…
Leticia Espinosa
Systems Recovery Specialist at a legal firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A single solution to effectively monitor all environments

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution on a daily basis to monitor all of our environments. We use it for supplemental monitoring. Veeam ONE is based on our VMware. Although we receive alerts with VMware, Veeam ONE goes another step further with analysis. With Veeam ONE, we're easily able to determine what has been impacted. For example, VMware will get an alert for an ESX host, and Veeam ONE will know exactly what VMs and what applications are impacted. It's not our primary source of monitoring, but when we have an issue, we go to Veeam ONE to figure out exactly where things are and to help us connect the… more »

• "The monthly reports come complete with graphs and summaries, it's really helpful."
  • "The threshold could be easier to configure."

What other advice do I have?

Veeam ONE is a great product. My main advice would definitely be to do a complete overview of the setup, and accurately design the database because otherwise, it will grow out of control. On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.
OmarSamir
Senior Solutions Architect at Elsewedy Technology
Reseller
Easy implementation with good pricing and nice stability

What is our primary use case?

We're resellers. We offer this solution to our clients, that are companies of various sizes.

• "The solution is quite stable."
  • "The appliance doesn't have a domain. If there was a competitor with a domain, I'd likely use them."

What other advice do I have?

We're resellers. We offer this solution to our clients. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. So far, it's worked quite well for our clients and I can't think of any places where the solution is lacking feature-wise. It's quite good and would be suitable for different-sized companies, from small to large or enterprise level.
BartHeungens
Hybrid Infrastructure Solution Architect at Bitcon
Reliable, easy and quick to install, with good support and alerting

What is our primary use case?

We use Veeam ONE to get a better view of our virtualized environment. To see what is happening there.

• "For me, the most important feature is alerting."
  • "There is a lot of information, so maybe the dashboards could consolidate it."

What other advice do I have?

I recommend using Veeam ONE. I see more positive things than negative ones. I would rate Veeam ONE an eight out of ten.
MM
Network Administrator at a government with 51-200 employees
Stable solution for IT monitoring and planning

What is our primary use case?

We use Veeam ONE to monitor availability and for VM traffic and account system management.

• "The feature that we have found most valuable is its traffic plan. The traffic plan is very good."
  • "Veeam ONE could be improved if it had a better data recovery feature."

What other advice do I have?

Veeam ONE is a good solution that anyone can use. On a scale of one to ten I would rate Veeam ONE an eight. If it was easier to use and understand and more reliable it would be a 10.
David Dotan Sofer
CTO at SoferTech
Easy to use, simple installation, and stable

What is our primary use case?

We are using Veeam ONE to monitor our environment.

What is most valuable?

The solution is simple to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by allowing the ability to do monitoring and traffic aggregation in the whole virtual network environment.

I have been using this solution for approximately eight years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is highly scalable in the virtual environment.

The support team Veeam can be available 24 hours a day seven days a week depending on your license agreement. However, in Veeam ONE the…
See 1 more Veeam ONE Reviews
Download our free Veeam ONE Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.