Veeam ONE Overview

Veeam ONE is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Virtualization Management Tools. It is most often compared to VMware vRealize Operations (vROps): Veeam ONE vs VMware vRealize Operations (vROps)

What is Veeam ONE?

Veeam® ONE™ is a powerful monitoring, reporting and capacity planning tool for the management of the Veeam backup infrastructure and VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments. It helps enable Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by providing complete visibility of the IT environment to detect issues before they have operational impact.

Download the Virtualization Management Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Veeam ONE Customers
Business & Legal Resources Inc., Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, Alliance Healthcare, Poulin Grain Inc., Linear Technology, Northwestern University, ARKEMA, Sogegross, City of Lynchburg
Veeam ONE Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

CIO at Robusta Technology & Training
Optimal calculations for storage systems for operation and backup on DCV, HCI

What is our primary use case?

Transforming from the physical system to virtualization -- vSphere or Hyper-V, KVM and then monitoring reporting infrastructure.
Enterprise Engineer / Virtualization Support at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Performs capacity planning of virtual and backup environments. Does cost failure modeling.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for complete visibility into your VMware and/or Hyper-V infrastructure with seamless integration of Veeam backup & replication environments at no additional cost, then look no further. It just works. Just “picture it”: * Great cost-savings with linked SLAs * Boosts ROI across the board * Slices down on Capex and Opex
Find out what your peers are saying about Veeam Software, VMware, Turbonomic and others in Virtualization Management Tools. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Systems Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution for a small to medium size company. The backup speed isn't lightening quick. However, a lot depends on your environment and what you're backing up to i.e., NAS or SAN.
Senior ICT Systems Engineer (Pacific) at a engineering company with 10,001+ employees
Provides live monitoring and reporting on the health and performance of the virtual environment.

What other advice do I have?

I don’t have any negative feedback. It provides a real-time, holistic view of the performance of our environment. It has allowed us to capture resource utilization issues for virtual machines. It allows us to capture information about snapshots, configuration, and performance issues in real-time. It has excellent reporting for capacity planning and management or reporting for customers.
Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Its backup, replication, monitoring and reporting features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Backup Replication Monitoring Reporting

How has it helped my organization?

It is fast, reliable and secure.

What needs improvement?

They need to find better ways for RDMs and to somehow backup physical servers.

I have used it for five years.

I have not encountered any stability issues; the product is very stable.

I have not encountered many scalability issues.

Technical support is very good.

I did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was…
Manager Infrastructure at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It provides detailed monitoring and alerting. I'd like to see Xen- and KVM-based virtualization monitoring improved

What other advice do I have?

It’s a simple and reliable solution, especially as I have experience with VMware products (ESXi).
Senior IT Systems Administrator at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
The monitoring, reporting and capacity planning features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Monitoring Reporting Capacity planning

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to proactively monitor of virtual infrastructure, and has reduced downtime.

What needs improvement?

Reduce the use of dark colors in the product interfaces (GUI).

I have used it for five years.

No stability issues encountered so far.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is not so good: Communication issues due to language differences Slow responses

We previously used IBM &…
IT Senior System Engineer, Data Integrity and IT Pharma Automation systems migration consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Virtual and Backup infrastructure monitoring solution

What other advice do I have?

If you already utilize Veeam Backup & Replication, it would be very important that you utilize this product to manage them together. (Other than essential licenses, the enterprise version gives you a single monitoring/backup console that sounds great).
DA
Sr. security/system engineer at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
The Active Directory aspect needs improving but overall straightforward to install.

What is most valuable?

The backup and replication ability.

How has it helped my organization?

Backups and restores are completed very fast. Also, it takes less time for backups than previously.

What needs improvement?

Active Directory, because if we could restore GPO as a single level object as well as restoring AD schema partition through backup then I think it will be great product.

I've been using it alongside Veeam Backup and Replication four years.

No issues encountered.

How are customer service and technical

Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Top Reviewer
If you are in a virtualized environment, there is nothing better than Veeam One but the alerts need better descriptions.

What other advice do I have?

If you are using a virtualized environment, there is nothing better than Veeam Backup and Veeam One. If you deploy Veeam Backup and Veeam One, you will sleep much better.
Sr. System Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
If you're unsure, implement it in your lab environment, it will change your mind.

What is most valuable?

ESXi & vCenter comparability Veeam Backup support Fully customization

How has it helped my organization?

It has made it easier to monitor our virtual environments.

I've used it for one year.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: 10/10. Technical Support: 10 but we haven't really used it.

No previous solution used.

It was moderate.

What about the

Senior Systems Engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is easy to recognize issues before they become significant although identifying hardware issues needs work

What other advice do I have?

Veeam ONE is the perfect solution for monitoring and managing your hypervisor infrastructure. However we rely on a different solution for systems that are not part of our hypervisor infrastructure such as our database servers.
Cloud Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Great tool to learn how to monitor a Virtual Infrastructure

Valuable Features:

Simplified management Easy to install

Room for Improvement:

No integration with vsphere client Limited metrics to choose from
Download our free Virtualization Management Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Veeam Software, VMware, Turbonomic, and more!