Veritas CloudPoint OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veritas CloudPoint is the #19 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Backup tools. It is most often compared to Veeam Backup for Office 365: Veritas CloudPoint vs Veeam Backup for Office 365

What is Veritas CloudPoint?

With Veritas CloudPoint, you get the visibility and control from one intuitive central dashboard to confidently manage and easily orchestrate enterprise data protection for your business data consistently across the broadest range of applications and workloads, in both private and public clouds, helping you to transform your organization into a confident multi-cloud digital enterprise.

Veritas CloudPoint is also known as CloudPoint.

Download the Cloud Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Veritas CloudPoint Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veritas CloudPoint pricing:
  • "When comparing to other solutions, the price is at par."

Veritas CloudPoint Reviews

KC
Solutions Architect at AspireNXT
Reseller
Easy to set up, comes with NetBackup, and good for volume-level backups

• "The product is good for volume-level backups."
  • "The product needs to improve its file-level or granular-level backups."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for cloud backups and to have the flexibility to move what we have around as needed (for example, to secondary sites).

What is most valuable?

There aren't too many features, however, I haven't worked with it too much to really get into details about features and offerings.

The initial setup is very easy and quite straightforward.

The product is good for volume-level backups.

What needs improvement?

The product needs to improve its file-level or granular-level backups. Currently, there might be availablity in terms of granular-level recovery, however, it's not true for the granular-level backups.

The integration part should be a little bit simpler.

Currently, they're saying that for each region, a single CloudPoint should be required. However, they need to increase their strength in maintaining those CloudPoint servers in order to handle the entire cloud account. Maybe a single CloudPoint should be able to handle multiple instances and regions.

I haven't worked with the solution that much.

I've only used the solution for about two months and that was only for two instances, two separate clients.

I can't speak to the stability. I've only used it for six months. that said, I haven't had any issues.

I can't speak to the scalability. I have too little experience with the solution. I need more time with it.

I'm neutral on technical support. I would rate them at a seven out of ten. There's nothing that makes them outstanding, however, they aren't bad either.

We also work with Commvault and Nutanix.

The initial setup is easy if you have some comfort with the product. The first time I integrated the solution, initially, it took almost 10 days to find out those details and how to handle a proper integration. However, after the second deployment, it only took me one day. As long as you have the proper prerequisites, you shouldn't have any issue with the process.

The solution isn't really expensive. Currently, they are integrated with NetBackup. There is no separate pricing for CloudPoint now. It comes as a part of the other solution.

What other advice do I have?

We sell Veritas to some of our clients.

There are some differences between Veritas NetBackup and Veritas CloudPoint. In CloudPoint, for example, now they're integrated with NetBackup itself. That is in the 9.1 version. There is not much difference in that. With NetBackup, I can take a VM-level backup and file-level backup. Similarly, in CloudPoint, you can take a volume-level backup. Currently, there is no file-level backup, or something similar, in the cloud, although I'm not sure about that. In NetBackup, you can have granularity, whereas, in CloudPoint, you can take volume-level backup, or the virtual machine, or the instance-level backup.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've mostly been happy with the product's capabilities.

I would recommend the solution, however, those that take it on should have some knowledge of the solution and understand the prerequisites. It will make it easier to implement. Make sure to go over documentation or seek out information instead of going in blind.

Boomchi Kumar
Engagement Architect at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to setup, good support, has good indexing and file-level restore features

• "The most valuable features are the indexing, the file-level restore, and the replications between regions."
  • "They are niche with the work that they do, but they should have more integration with NetBackup and the reporting is something they should be working towards improving."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for backing up EC2 instances and RDS instances.

What is most valuable?

Also, the ability to integrate it with the information management studio, and the backups for RDS backups and MSQL, and helpful.

What needs improvement?

They are niche with the work that they do, but they should have more integration with NetBackup and the reporting is something they should be working towards improving. They have very minimal reporting.

It would be nice to have integration with Oracle RMAN.

I have been using Veritas CloudPoint for a couple of years.

It's pretty stable, I have not experienced many issues with stability.

Scalability is not really an issue, as it doesn't store any data on it. It's going to orchestrate the account snapshots.

I would rate technical support an eight out of ten.

Previously, we were using N2WS, which is okay, it's not a bad product. We switched because of the ease of integration of Veritas CluodPoint with other Vertias products.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

When comparing to other solutions, the price is at par.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that they test the encryption.

If they want to replicate the EBS volumes between two regions, then they should understand the encryption if they want to encrypt the replicated volumes.

I would rate Veritas CloudPoint a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud