Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top File Archiving tools. It is most often compared to Mimecast Mailbox Continuity: Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud vs Mimecast Mailbox Continuity

What is Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud?

Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud is a cloud-based archiving service that helps regulated organizations more effectively meet data governance requirements. and more efficiently execute business or legal eDiscovery. Thousands of customers have used Enterprise Vault.cloud to help ensure a successful and compliant migration to a cloud based application platform such as Microsoft Office 365 or Google G Suite Enterprise.

Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud is also known as Enterprise Vault.cloud.

Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud Customers

Lixil, CDCR, Windsor Foods, KM&A, Bear

Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud Video

Veritas Enterprise Vault.cloud Reviews

RS
Senior System Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
User-friendly, easy to deploy and very scalable

• "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
  • "Technical support could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator so we handle the project setup. We handle the migration project to Azure, Office 365, et cetera.

Normally, customers have an on-premises setup, however, it's rather expensive. They have an on-premises data center and need to maintain the storage, and the data center itself, et cetera and it can be quite difficult. Customers are migrating to the cloud to save money and effort. Initially, they are building a hybrid scenario and we are handling the migration.

What is most valuable?

Everything is in one console, including the security and managing the data there, such as mailboxes, email, et cetera - everything. It's in a single console so it's easy for us to use.

It's easy for us to deploy and also start using.

It's very user-friendly. The solution is simple to navigate and easy to understand.

The solution is very stable.

The scalability is very good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

Migrating everything to the cloud is not straightforward. They should work to make the process easier.

Technical support could be better.

The licensing can be expensive.

We've been dealing with the solution for years.

The stability of the solution is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable in terms of performance.

The solution has scaled well. We've had customers with 10,000 to 15,000 users and all the applications that entails and we were able to migrate everything with no issues whatsoever.

Our client's requirements are always changing, and therefore there is always a high likelihood that they will increase their usage and scaling will be required.

If there any issues, now we are coordinating with support and from the back-end, they are fixing it. So far, there are not many issues.

That said, the solution has tiers of support and they are not made equally. You can buy platinum support, for example, which is very good and very responsive, however, you need to pay a lot of money for it. If you just get professional-level support, those assisting you seem to take a long time to get back to you and they are not as knowledgeable and everything is slower. You get what you pay for. Technical support should be more helpful across the board for everyone, not just those that can pay the highest price.

I've never used a different solution. I don't have any hands-on experience with anything else.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The deployment process takes a couple of months. It depends on the customer's environment. For some customers, you can maybe do it within a few weeks, however, some big customers take a month.

Initially, we do the site survey to understand the customer's existing environment and how they configure their existing applications and so forth and so on. Based on that, we make some design documents. Once we prepare the design documents, we will sit with the customer and we will finalize the design. There may be some tweaks. After that, we will take the design documents and finalize them before moving to the implementation.

There isn't any maintenance needed with this solution, as it's more cloud-based.

I'm a Microsoft consultant from the systems integrator point of view, and therefore I handle these kinds of implementations and migrations and all on my own. We have a team and from within my team, we have on-premises people. Before, I used to handle on-premises data center migrations. However, for the last three years, I am handling only the Cloud projects where we do the data center migrations, et cetera.

Our team is comprised of all are senior system engineers and we work on various projects. Some have experience in the cloud and others are more experienced with on-premises. I happen to have experience with both. For migrations, we typically need individuals who are comfortable with both.

We've seen ROI in terms of digital transformation. Nowadays the digital transformation is very important for a business.

There are different pricing tiers - from small businesses all the way up to enterprises. Once you get up to enterprise-level, it can get pretty pricey, however, a customer can negotiate a little.

There's also the potential to decide on your licensing in terms of the length of the contract. If you choose three-year plans, you can save some money if you choose to be locked in. However, you can also choose from shorter contracts. You can even go monthly.

There are additional costs above just licensing. For example, technical support, which has its own tiers and can get expensive. We, for example, pay more for the connectivity to the data center.

What other advice do I have?

We are end-users, however, we also recommend this product to our clients. We're integrators.

I completely recommend this solution to other companies. It's user-friendly and you don't need to spend so many resources on building all these kinds of solutions on-premises.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud