Veritas SaaS Backup Overview

Veritas SaaS Backup is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top SaaS Backup tools. It is most often compared to NetApp Cloud Backup: Veritas SaaS Backup vs NetApp Cloud Backup

What is Veritas SaaS Backup?

Veritas SaaS Backup provides secure and scalable data protection across your entire Office 365 or Salesforce environment and beyond. It is designed for today’s technologies and today’s mobile workforce and organizations of all sizes. Protect SaaS productivity applications with the ability to access anywhere, anytime, and from any device, and instantly restore data with a single click.

Veritas SaaS Backup is also known as SaaS Backup.

Veritas SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide

Download the Veritas SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Veritas SaaS Backup Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veritas SaaS Backup pricing:
  • "SaaS Backup isn't the most expensive solution."
  • "The program is quite expensive."

Veritas SaaS Backup Reviews

reviewer1032081
Director with 11-50 employees
Feb 24, 2020
Stable and inexpensive but requires better usability

What is our primary use case?

We handle backup recovery and disaster recovery, using the air replication. We also use it to protect virtual environments - not just the physical servers - in order to protect all of our databases. The solution also has appliances, making it an all-in-one solution. It offers general business continuity and disaster recovery for the industry. Basically, it's just utilizing all the functionality, within an appliance.

• "It's a good solution. It's pretty stable."
  • "The usability of the solution isn't the best."

What other advice do I have?

Other people will prefer this solution because they're used to it. However, from my point of view, you have more breaks, more failures on it than you will with Commvault. This solution was the market leader at one point. I don't know if they still are. I haven't been keeping up to date. There are more solutions on the market now, from what I'm seeing. The environments that are being protected are changing as well. Everything is more geared towards the cloud. My advice to anyone who wants to purchase this solution or any other solution is to actually know the environment, what to protect, and…
reviewer1202862
Technical Sales Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Nov 19, 2019
Covers all of Office 365 but doesn't integrate with other cloud platforms

What is our primary use case?

In general, people use this solution to back up their Office 365 environment. By default, when you use Office 365, you don't really have a solution to protect your data. They just want other unique points to centralize their backup with simplicity.

• "I think the most important feature is the ability of SaaS Backup to cover all modules proposed by Office 365, because competing solutions don't cover the total scope."
  • "Currently, it isn't possible to use anything other than Veritas cloud to back up to. I think today it's important to cover the three major cloud provider: GCP, Azure and AWS."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it covers the total scope of Office 365. That's why I recommend this solution. Competitors don't address the total scope. I would rate this solution as seven out of ten. It is not a full ten, because it's important to simplify the user experience and reduce the policies, or the number of clicks you need to do to customize your policy. Rubrik is better at that point.
Find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Amazon, Metallic and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1340334
Product Manager at PC Store
May 6, 2020
Excels in performance and delivery and is very comprehensive

• "It's very comprehensive. It's one of the first brands to appear in its field."
  • "Licensing has been a struggle. It went from bronze, silver to gold. Licensing needs more sophistication. It has features that are sold as separate add-ons."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. It excels in performance and delivery but they are quiet on the market. They don't do a lot of marketing. There are plenty of IT people who haven't heard of Veritas so it's harder to sell. I would recommend this solution. IT infrastructure reaches a point where it needs backup. There are freeware or cheaper options but those are only good for smaller companies. I would highly recommend it for mid-market to a large market.
reviewer452097
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Sep 8, 2019
Easy to use and is easy to scale

• "What I like most about Veritas SaaS Backup is that it is easy to work on."
  • "The technical team wasn't very helpful."

What other advice do I have?

Because we are partners, I push sales for this solution as a backup system. I do recommend this solution to small or medium-sized companies, though. In the next version, I would like to see easier backup in the cloud. I would rate this an eight out of ten. The solution is not perfect, but it is good.
reviewer1137606
System Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 201-500 employees
Mar 25, 2020
Easy to use with a simple user interface, but the initial setup can be tricky

What is our primary use case?

We take a backup of each workstation and transfer all of them to tape. After that, we create an outside copy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is simple to use. You don't have to keep changing parameters between backups. The recovery process is easy to do. The user interface is not complicated.

What needs improvement?

In the future, we would like to see support for virtualized machines.

We have been working with Veritas SaaS Backup for about ten years.

This solution is easy to scale. We have about 100 machines that are being backed up.

I have never spoken with technical…
reviewer1234257
IT Manager at a sports company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 29, 2019
Scalable, but has a lack of local storage and needs more scheduling capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a backup for our main boxes and console. It backs up our Linux server recoil machine.

• "The solution is stable; I haven't experienced any bugs or glitches on it."
  • "The solution does lack a lot of features, and we're considering switching."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. At this point, I'd recommend other solutions as backups. I'd rate it six out of ten.
SunilPanigrahi
Operations Manager at Agility
Sep 29, 2019
A stable solution with good duplication capabilities and fair pricing

What is most valuable?

The duplication is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The backup reports and the dashboard need improvement.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't had any problems over the past five years of use.

Scalability is fine. We keep adding different users for the backup, and we haven't run into problems doing so.

The initial setup was very simple. There was no complexity involved in the implementation.

We handled implementation with local vendor support.

What's my

reviewer795117
Director Of Operations at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 13, 2019
Stable and scalable, with very good technical support

• "The solution's hardware appliance is very scalable and very useful."
  • "The implementation could be improved. The server setup is very easy, but some specific client implementation, for example, Oracle or SQL servers, are a little bit complicated. they should offer a bit more assistance with the setup for these particular items."

What other advice do I have?

We're a Veritas partner. We use the private cloud deployment model. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I'd rate it higher, but I do believe it could offer better implementation guides.
See 1 more Veritas SaaS Backup Reviews
Product Categories
SaaS Backup
Download our free SaaS Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Amazon, Metallic, and more!