Visual Paradigm OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Visual Paradigm is the #9 ranked solution in our list of Business Process Design tools. It is most often compared to Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect: Visual Paradigm vs Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect

What is Visual Paradigm?
Visual Paradigm is a UML tool. The tool is designed for a wide range of users including software engineers, system analysts, business analysts and system architects, or for anyone who is interested in reliably building large-scale software systems using an object-oriented approach. In addition, Visual Paradigm supports the latest standards of UML notation.

Download the Business Process Design Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Visual Paradigm Customers
Adobe, Apple, at&t, Caterpillar, Intel, NASA, Nokia, Toyota

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Visual Paradigm pricing:
  • "You can use Paradigm on a subscription basis and you can choose from different tiers of subscription."
  • "You can move between the tiers from month to month so you are not restricted to one pricing model."

DM
Data Architect at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Data modeling through an interface that makes it easy-to-use and understand

What is our primary use case?

I used the product because I needed to do data modeling for financial services, risk management, and investment activities.

• "The pricing model is attractive."
  • "The initial setup is straightforward."
  • "It is easy-to-use and it helps understand its data modeling structure through the intuitive user interface."
  • "There are some connectivity issues that crop up rarely when used with SQL Server."
  • "The solution can be heavy on resource usage."

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to people looking into this product is that I would suggest for them to try it. It is priced really well with an attractive pricing model. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Visual Paradigm by giving it eight-out-of-ten. It could not really be any higher because of the connectivity issues I experienced with SQL Server. Also, I had a pretty good machine at the time and I got the impression that Paradigm could be quite a heavy user of resources. It took a lot of memory when it ran.
JA
Senior Business Analyst at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
User friendly with lots of templates and is consistently updated with more features

• "The solution is very user-friendly. It's easy to just open it and start working."
  • "The solution could be more compatible with other products in the future."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant. We're just customers and we're simply using the free version of the product as we're a pretty small company. Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten due to the fact that it's a great solution. That said, I have no real comparison. I've used only really used this solution. Currently, I'm learning about this solution and process mining and solutions like UiPath as well. We're moving towards the RPA world.
Find out what your peers are saying about Visual Paradigm, Sparx Systems, Microsoft and others in Business Process Design. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mehdi Alidoost
Head Of Research Department at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Allows teams to model business information systems and manage the development process

What is our primary use case?

We use Visual Paradigm to create and manage development processes. We have a license for 12 users, but in reality, there are more than 30 employees using this solution.

• "I love Visual Paradigm because it has many different types of diagrams. For any field of engineering, we can find a diagram."
  • "From time to time, we experience some troubles when we work as teams."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.
MahdiJalali
Founder at Rozhmaan
Scalable, stable, and affordable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for different kinds of analysis such as software analysis.

• "The solution is stable. It hasn't crashed, stopped or caused any issues in any way."
  • "The solution is not user-friendly. It uses a lot of memory and CPU. You have to have a good computer to use it."

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Edgar Youssef
Software & Web Developer at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
Has good structure, works very well, and is easy to set up

What is most valuable?

I like the structure. I can see the diagrams and everything I created. It's the trial period of the Enterprise version and works very well. The trial version is also very easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

More flexibility when choosing the type of diagram would be nice.

I've used it for two days. I saw that they have a free trial period, so now I'm trying it.

It's very easy to set up the trial version.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this solution at eight.