Visual Paradigm Overview

Visual Paradigm is the #10 ranked solution of our Business Process Design tools. It's rated 4.0 out of 5 stars, and is most commonly compared to Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect: Visual Paradigm vs Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect

What is Visual Paradigm?
Visual Paradigm is a UML tool. The tool is designed for a wide range of users including software engineers, system analysts, business analysts and system architects, or for anyone who is interested in reliably building large-scale software systems using an object-oriented approach. In addition, Visual Paradigm supports the latest standards of UML notation.
Visual Paradigm Buyer's Guide

Download the Visual Paradigm Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2020

Visual Paradigm Customers
Adobe, Apple, at&t, Caterpillar, Intel, NASA, Nokia, Toyota

Visual Paradigm Reviews

reviewer1417575
Data Architect at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 22, 2020
Data modeling through an interface that makes it easy-to-use and understand

What is our primary use case?

I used the product because I needed to do data modeling for financial services, risk management, and investment activities.

• The pricing model is attractive.
  • The initial setup is straightforward.
  • It is easy-to-use and it helps understand its data modeling structure through the intuitive user interface.
  • There are some connectivity issues that crop up rarely when used with SQL Server.
  • The solution can be heavy on resource usage.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• You can use Paradigm on a subscription basis and you can choose from different tiers of subscription.
  • You can move between the tiers from month to month so you are not restricted to one pricing model.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to people looking into this product is that I would suggest for them to try it. It is priced really well with an attractive pricing model. On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Visual Paradigm by giving it eight-out-of-ten. It could not really be any higher because of the connectivity issues I experienced with SQL Server. Also, I had a pretty good machine at the time and I got the impression that Paradigm could be quite a heavy user of resources. It took a lot of memory when it ran.
Ownman4566
Owner at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
May 28, 2019
A nice user interface and a low learning curve works well for me as a consultant

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant, and I use this solution to model various business needs to show my clients. I run this solution in a Linux environment.

• I like the fact that this solution is complete.
  • I would like to see something for visualizing innovation work maps.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• Over the years I've seen an increase in price, and it makes it difficult for a single person company, like me, to decide whether to extend the license.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to using the product, there is a learning curve, and it depends on how you want to start using it. If it's just for quickly modeling something to visualize the problem or explain stuff, it's not that hard. If you really want to build your enterprise repository, of course, you still need a lot of principles and guidelines on how you want to use it for the enterprise. With the tree structure for modeling, it's actually pretty easy to change things. My advice is simply to start using it. I know the ARIS and Enterprise Architect products. I also know tools like ArchiMate. Then there…
Learn what your peers think about Visual Paradigm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2020.
447,439 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Janos Agg
Senior Business Analyst at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Aug 30, 2020
User friendly with lots of templates and is consistently updated with more features

• The solution is very user-friendly. It's easy to just open it and start working.
  • The solution could be more compatible with other products in the future.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant. We're just customers and we're simply using the free version of the product as we're a pretty small company. Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten due to the fact that it's a great solution. That said, I have no real comparison. I've used only really used this solution. Currently, I'm learning about this solution and process mining and solutions like UiPath as well. We're moving towards the RPA world.
MahdiJalali
Founder at Rozhmaan
Nov 14, 2019
Scalable, stable, and affordable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for different kinds of analysis such as software analysis.

• The solution is stable. It hasn't crashed, stopped or caused any issues in any way.
  • The solution is not user-friendly. It uses a lot of memory and CPU. You have to have a good computer to use it.

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Artur Czernicki
Architekt IT at BIK
May 14, 2019
Although it helps with design and control it needs an easy export capability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the Solution Architecture Models and the Enterprise Architecture Model.

How has it helped my organization?

We designed the Enterprise Architecture Model in this tool.

What is most valuable?

Using the Component Diagram, Visual Paradigm helps with design and control, reusing components.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the ability to easily export to groupware, such as Atlassian Confluence.

I have used this solution for a few years.