VisualCron Overview

VisualCron is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Managed File Transfer tools. It is most often compared to WinAutomation by Softomotive: VisualCron vs WinAutomation by Softomotive

What is VisualCron?

VisualCron combines many features into one product. Through scheduling you can set your Jobs to run on a specific time or event. The Tasks in each Job automate scripts and eliminate human errors. Through various Tasks you can integrate different systems through file transfer and conversion.

VisualCron Buyer's Guide

Download the VisualCron Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

VisualCron Customers

7 Eleven, ABB Sécheron SA, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Amazon Europe Core, Apple, Assa Abloy, Aston Martin, Banco Santander, BMW (Australia)

VisualCron Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about VisualCron pricing:
  • "The pricing is extremely fair, and because of that I recommend purchasing multiple instances to split out the processing load across multiple application servers."
  • "We are fine with a rather cheap setup. Licensing with VisualCron is fair. You have a simple one-year licence in different sizes. There isn't a licensing jungle with hundreds of options and opt-ins."
  • "ROI is one month."
  • "ROI is 95 percent."

VisualCron Reviews

reviewer1365099
Director of IT at a recruiting/HR firm with 51-200 employees
Jun 8, 2020
Has made us more efficient, eliminating manual processes that free up our employees to take on more of their prioritized projects on a daily basis

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for practically everything when it comes to data management and much more. We've been able to automate a great number of processes that make us more efficient, eliminating manual processes that free up our employees to take on more of their prioritized projects on a daily basis. It also greatly helps with communication, whether it be for error reporting or status reporting. It's hard to come up with a primary use case when we've been able to improve so many different processes.

• "The ability to clone jobs to shorten the time it takes to implement a process has been invaluable, but its flexibility also gives us the ability to create a job that can handle a multifaceted process with a complex workflow."
  • "VisualCron seems to operate like an efficient machine when it comes to improvements and enhancements and new features. I always appreciate the quick response I get when bringing up an issue or coming up with suggestions. I've mentioned before that it would be great to see a move away from SQLCE and XML configuration files."

What other advice do I have?

It's been a lifesaver.
reviewer1360629
Sr. IT ERP Specialist at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 2, 2020
Sends error alerts on job failure to appropriate IT and/or business contacts

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for automating encryption and transfer of files between our internal systems and systems of our business partners.

• "'ve only had a few cases where I've had to request support in the past 12 years of use, but the support response time and resolution were was extremely quick."
  • "I would like for VisualCron to expand audit log to show who changed job variables that are initialized per job run."

What other advice do I have?

VisualCron has enabled us to efficiently automate and maintain many tasks with minimal effort from our internal IT resources. I strongly recommend it.
Learn what your peers think about VisualCron. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1349754
Product Owner Insight & Analytics Platform at Otto (GmbH & Co KG)
May 14, 2020
Internal customers are able to perform their tasks without the IT department's assistance

What is our primary use case?

It is quick and easy to use scheduling and some simple SQL jobs. We have some tools to automate our stuff, including CI/CD stuff (like Jenkins) and building pipelines. For the every day business user, this is way too complicated. It breaks a fly on the wheel for these sort of requirements. VisualCron is a handy tool that we (the IT department) provide for the business departments to obtain easy access when automating and scheduling. We absolutely love this nifty piece of software.

• "It has improved our organization with more automation within the business departments and less administration and development in the IT department. Usually, as the IT department, we are the bottleneck for many requirements within the business. With this tool, the business departments are able to perform many task themselves."
  • "Our suggestion to make it better and more manageable in terms of GDPR: Implement it in a very partnership way."

What other advice do I have?

I absolutely love these guys. We have had web sessions, mails, and forum support. There are always friendly and very quick regarding understanding problems and answering.
reviewer1356075
ICT at Bouw Logistic Services
Oct 23, 2020
Automates different steps in your business processes

What is our primary use case?

We use it for replacing files from our FTP server to our network work folders or as an email selector for invoices. We receive invoices into a certain mailbox depending on the sender address where we make mail triggers. In the trigger, we can manage what to do with the attachments: * We put the invoice into a process folder. * We put the attachments into a subfolder where we merge the invoice with attachments. * Once you make the job/trigger in every mail, it is processed automatically.

• "VisualCron is a very powerful program to automate different steps in your business processes. We use it to automate replacing files and inform departments about the replacement."
  • "There are some conditions in the mail trigger, but you can only use them as an "AND" condition, not as an "OR" condition. This is an improvement that could be useful. For example, some people put "invoice" in the subject and others put "invoice" in the body. If I want to make a trigger for everybody whose sending invoices, I have to make two jobs for this now."
reviewer1346658
Senior Sitecore Developer at XCentium
May 11, 2020
Helped us reduce manual steps

What is our primary use case?

We set up nightly sync tasks in which it is making different requests.

How has it helped my organization?

Helped us reduce manual steps.

What is most valuable?

Nightly sync tasks.

What needs improvement?

The error timeout and info could be better. When making web request calls, it will time out sometimes and we won't get any useful info out of the error response.

Since 2017.

Nine out of 10.

Eight out of 10

Support is AAA+, fast, and very detailed.

Yes, but VisualCron was…