JF
IT Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Integrates well with other systems, and is stable

• "We like that VMware is the top competitor in virtualization."
  • "There are some issues with RAM in the system."

What is our primary use case?

We are selling this solution, but my position is in IT. I provide technical support to our clients.

Our customers use this solution for virtualization.

What is most valuable?

We like that VMware is the top competitor in virtualization. Many customers have this technology for virtualization.

It integrates well with other systems.

What needs improvement?

There are some issues with RAM in the system. There are also some issues with Windows 10, which is running the platform.

Windows 10 has several applications that are available from the Windows Store, and these applications may not work correctly.

We would like to see some of the features that are offered in the highest edition also included in the Standard Edition.

The higher edition has some tools or functions that are called Horizon Smart Policy. It is a very good function that should be included with the standard edition.

I am certified in this product.

It's a stable solution now. With the latest version, it is very stable. It is now moving to Horizon 8, which has made a lot of changes.

Because it is our job, it is not difficult. We have experience when it comes to implementing Horizon for our customers.

It is important in the beginning that you have some experience or some kind of training.

There are different editions available at different cost points.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate VMware Horizon 7 a nine out of ten.

AC
End User Compute Architect at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Great stability and scalability, and helpful for managing remote access and a great number of desktops

• "The most valuable features are the ability to manage a great number of desktops at once and the remote access for users who are working from outside of the office or from a different office in the country."
  • "The remote application features have some room for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We essentially use it to enable remote workers.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The remote application features have some room for improvement.

I've dealt with Horizon 7 for as long as it has been out.

Its stability is great.

Its scalability is great.

Their tech support is good. It used to be better. It has dropped off a little bit, but it is good.

The initial setup of Horizon 7 (and Horizon 8) is fairly straightforward for the infrastructure. Getting the use cases for each desktop pool can be a challenge.

I don't know about the price. I know there are different tiers with the license, but I'm not sure exactly what it costs anymore.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise defining your use cases before you start.

I would rate VMware Horizon 7 a nine out of 10.