VMware Identity Manager Overview

VMware Identity Manager is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers. It is most often compared to Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine): VMware Identity Manager vs Cisco ISE (Identity Services Engine)

What is VMware Identity Manager?
VMware Identity Manager is an Identity as a Service (IDaaS) offering, providing application provisioning, self-service catalog, conditional access controls and Single Sign-On (SSO) for SaaS, web, cloud and native mobile applications. It simplifies business mobility with one touch from any device, empowers employees with a self-service app store, optimizes user experience & security with AirWatch and was designed for the mobile cloud world for AirWatch enrolled devices providing a seamless consumer-grade user experience.
VMware Identity Manager Buyer's Guide

Download the VMware Identity Manager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

VMware Identity Manager Customers
Seventy Seven Energy, The Hut Group, SAIC
VMware Identity Manager Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about VMware Identity Manager pricing:
  • "We pay approximately $6.50 per user for the standard version. If you are paying for an enterprise license that includes VDI then it will cost approximately $25 per user on a monthly basis."
  • "Licensing fees are paid on a monthly basis."

VMware Identity Manager Reviews

Geeph Shamika
Senior system engineer at KBSL Information Technologies
Apr 3, 2020
Good cataloging features and the single sign on saves our clients time

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients. Our customers use it as a single catalog for all of the resources.

• "The most valuable feature is single sign-on."
  • "We have a lot of problems when it comes to integrating with Active Directory."

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I have learned when working with this product is that you can publish to a repository, rather than using a simple network share. Our customer was very happy with this. Overall, this is a pretty good product that can do many things. I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.
reviewer809949
CEO at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Nov 14, 2019
Offers access to different applications and has a good dashboard and interface

What is our primary use case?

I am the CEO of our company and we implemented VMware to help our users when they go to different source applications. We wanted that to be easier for them.

• "It helps the end users to work on the road without needing to set up all kinds of VPN connections"
  • "it's very dependent on an active directory"

What other advice do I have?

We deploy both on-premises and cloud. The auto-prem is easier but the cloud is much better. It's important when installing that the roadmap of the application integration is carried out correctly. I would rate this product an eight out of 10.
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, OneLogin, Microsoft and others in Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS). Updated: February 2021.
466,017 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Tony Ayabam
CEO at Infohob
Jul 22, 2019
Scalable, affordable, and easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We have used the solution to deploy for corporate organizations and also for complex networks.

• "The solution was easy to deploy."
  • "The security features could always use improvement, although there has already been a huge improvement from years ago."

What other advice do I have?

I'm currently in the process of testing the solution. In terms of cost, I'd probably go with HP or VMware. We have a number of VMware implementations, so VMware is the only solution that we have actually used. Generally, I am satisfied with VMware because they have been quite responsive in terms of the kind of challenges that we have in the Central African region. We have solutions that are very scalable. It's also very flexible, especially with regard to multi-cloud infrastructure. In other areas, it's actually not more capable in terms of running the virtual machine. It's also more flexible…
Mohamed Zein
Datacenter TeamLeader at Crystal Neworks Egypt
Nov 14, 2019
Scalable with good technical support, but integration needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution as a single sign-on, and I can join other domains in my environment. You can also get permission from the users to access something from my desktop or portable.

• "The most valuable feature is that it will use my credentials to access various parts of the infrastructure or other solutions, such as vRealize."
  • "Many of the features that exist in Active Directory do not exist in Identity Manager, which means that people depend on Active Directory."

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend. For the purpose that this solution is designed for it works great, but it doesn't compare well with other solutions. I would rate this solution a five out of ten.
reviewer1357161
CEO at a computer software company with self employed
Jun 4, 2020
Good technical support, but better support for multi-cloud sessions is needed

• "The most valuable feature is the User Experience Designer, which has been very helpful for our project."
  • "I would like to have better support for multi-cloud sessions."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to be close attention to the rights that are given to end-users. This is a critical aspect. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.