VMware RabbitMQ Overview

VMware RabbitMQ is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Message Queue Software. It is most often compared to IBM MQ: VMware RabbitMQ vs IBM MQ

What is VMware RabbitMQ?
  • RabbitMQ is the most popular open source message broker, with more than 35,000 production deployments world-wide. RabbitMQ is lightweight and easy to deploy on premises and in the cloud and runs on all major operating systems. It supports most developer platforms, multiple messaging protocols and can be deployed in distributed and federated configurations to meet high-scale, high-availability requirements.

VMware RabbitMQ is also known as RabbitMQ by Pivotal, Rabbit, RabbitMQ.

Download the Message Queue (MQ) Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

VMware RabbitMQ Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about VMware RabbitMQ pricing:
  • "are using the open-source version, which can be used free of cost."

CTO, CIO, Chief Architect at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Beneficial features, simple install, highly scalable, and simple "pub/sub" model.

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution on our SaaS platform to speedup and simplify customer access across services.

• "Some of the most valuable features are publish and subscribe, fanout, and queues."
  • "They should improve on the ability to scale your queues in a very simple and elegant way with the same power that they have would be great."

What other advice do I have?

There are many different use cases for each technology, as well as many approaches. So have the architecture team graph and document every solution. Have a few training days to clarify the goal, the solution and the implementation. One of the things we do in our training is to actually create prototypes, the abstract model of our ideal state. This demonstrates exactly what we all need to do. Developers understand more quickly with a model. It flattens their learning curve and they are more productive more quickly. I rate VMware RabbitMQ a ten out of ten.
Java Programmer at Netcompany
Has the ability to utilize plugins to view the performance of the whole service on one network

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for research purposes. I've utilized it for my academic studies for comparing HTTPS protocols. RabbitMQ supported the protocols I needed and I've read also that it's one of the most commonly used broker services.

• "The solution has really cool features to use. Its management console is excellent. You can utilize plugins to view the performance of the whole service on one network."
  • "I was struggling with installing a few things. It would be good if was somewhat similar to RedHat. There should be more documentation regarding installation troubleshooting."

What other advice do I have?

I'm only really using the solution for the purposes of research. I've just installed and am working on the latest version. My interest in the solution is purely academic, so I can't speak to how it would function within an organization. I'd definitely recommend the solution, especially over HTTP in the Nico services platform. I've done my research and have discovered it's two times faster and more commonly used. It's also really easy to use on the Nico services platform because all of the components are in the cloud. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, Apache, IBM and others in Message Queue (MQ) Software. Updated: May 2021.
502,275 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Chief Executive Officer at Couragium Solutions
Customizable and stable, but it is difficult to use for complex tasks

What is our primary use case?

We use RabbitMQ for tasks that need to communicate in real-time. I have used it as a microservices message broker.

• "The most valuable feature is that it's really customizable."
  • "When you have complex tasks, RabbitMQ is hard to use."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is to learn the concept of message queuing and study the AMQP 0-9-1 protocol. If you study this then you won't have any problem learning the system and working with it. In summary, this is a good product that I will continue to use, and I recommend it. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
CEO at INTERFACE FINANCIAL TECHNOLOGIES LTD
Fairly secured, quite robust, and stable but their support is lacking

• "The security is great."
  • "Their implementation is quite tricky. It's not that easy to implement RabbitMQ as a cluster."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it, but I think there should be a proof of concept for the developer team to get their hands around it and have full control of it before they go into production. I would rate RabbitMQ a seven out of ten. In the next release, I would like for them to improve the UI.
Product Categories
Message Queue (MQ) Software
Download our free Message Queue (MQ) Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about VMware, Apache, IBM, and more!