GT
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A comprehensive dashboard that is easy to use, but the security should be enhanced

• "They make use of a combination of different internet lines, which improves quality."
  • "There is room for improvement with respect to security."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant with a solution provider and this is one of the products that we advise our clients on. We do not implement solutions as part of our offering.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is very comprehensive, where you can see all of the sites with a map. You can click through using the map, which is easy to do.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement with respect to security.

The price of this solution should be lower.

I have been working with VeloCloud for about two years.

I think that it is a stable product.

It is a scalable system, similar to other SD-WAN solutions.

Our customers are typically multinational, on the bigger side.

As consultants, we have worked with several vendors simultaneously. We are independent and we do not propose a particular technology. Rather, we conduct and exercise with our clients and determine the best vendor based on that.

I have not completed the setup myself, but my understanding is that it is okay.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product but there is always room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

RK
IT Information Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Proactively detects potential issues; excellent for enterprise size companies

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is in companies that have multiple office locations, say a minimum of 10. They are connected to the internet using line or broadband internet connectivity. There can be a lot of fluctuations and connectivity issues so bandwidth is our current focus. VeloCloud is a software layer which helps customers manage the connectivity in the console. In the event that there is any downtime coming up into the secondary line of the bandwidth, the language will be correct. The solution proactively detects where the problem could happen or could arise. Users who are using the applications would not even know whether there was a downtime.

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved if the reports were modified making…

What is our primary use case?

What needs improvement?

The product could be improved if the reports were modified making them easier to use and easier to understand from the customer's point of view. Also, from a cost perspectives, although ValorCloud is the number one product in its field in Gartner's Magic Quadrant, it's very expensive for the Indian market.

I've been working with this solution for about 18 months.

No problem with technical support.

Deployment is okay and not a major issue. It requires engineering capacity and depends on the customer environment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about VMware SD-WAN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MU
Network Infrastructure Security Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good load balancing features and it scales well

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use VeloCloud for SD-WAN.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is load balancing.

What needs improvement?

The cost of VeloCloud could be lowered.

I have been working with VeloCloud for about two years.

We have had no issues in terms of stability.

We are satisfied with the scalability. We have approximately 100 branches and we plan to increase usage in the future.

There are few vendors who offer support in our country. However, if we need support then we can get it directly from VMware.

Which solution did I use

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use VeloCloud for SD-WAN.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is load balancing.

What needs improvement?

The cost of VeloCloud could be lowered.

I have been working with VeloCloud for about two years.

We have had no issues in terms of stability.

I have also worked with Citrix SD-WAN and they are both good products.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

At this time, I feel that just about everything is there in the product and it supports the requirements. My only complaint is about the pricing. Citrix is another good product but I recommend VeloCloud.

MC
Telecommunicatios and Electronics Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good security endpoints that include VeloCloud, it is stable, and has good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to virtualize the data centers. If you don't want to have a lot of servers in your data center, you can virtualize it with VMware.  The networking virtualization can be done with NSX. Every switch and every firewall can be virtualized.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the security endpoints and the VeloCloud. Some of the best features are the SD-WAN platform for VMware and the NSX network virtualization.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified for beginners.

I have used VMware SD-WAN in the last 12 months.

The stability is good.

What do I think about the scalability

What is our primary use case?

The networking virtualization can be done with NSX.

Every switch and every firewall can be virtualized.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could be simplified for beginners.

I have used VMware SD-WAN in the last 12 months.

The stability is good.

We have 30 users in our company who are using this solution.

Technical support is good.

The initial setup was complex at first, but it gets easier.

We used a consultant to help us with the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate VMware SD-WAN a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
SB
Partner at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
Straightforward to set up and the support is good, but service providers should be enabled to have global visibility

What is our primary use case?

My company works with a wide range of SD-WAN services to bring such solutions to clients. The use cases depend, as they vary from client to client. One of them is application prioritization, and cost always comes into play when replacing a traditional MPLS network.

What needs improvement?

Some of the service providers that use VeloCloud as their SD-WAN should be enabled to have better global visibility.

We have been working with VMware SD-WAN over the past 12 months.

I have been in contact with technical support and they have been good.

Some of the products that we work with or have experience with…

What needs improvement?

We have been working with VMware SD-WAN over the past 12 months.

I have been in contact with technical support and they have been good.

Some of the products that we work with or have experience with are Cisco SD-WAN, Silver Peak, and VMware's VeloCloud.

In my experience, the setup process has been fairly straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Other
GB
Principal Network Engineer at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Stable, but could use more automation and integration

What is our primary use case?

I have deployed this solution, but just for a proof of concept. This solution is cloud-based.

What needs improvement?

VMware SD-WAN could be improved with more automation and more integration, but each vendor could use these improvements.

I have been working with VMware SD-WAN for a few months.

This solution is as stable as most firewalls. VMware is a reputable vendor.

I have never contacted VMware's technical support.

The installation is a straightforward process. You don't need very many people on your tech team.

I implemented this…

What needs improvement?

I have been working with VMware SD-WAN for a few months.

This solution is as stable as most firewalls. VMware is a reputable vendor.

I have never contacted VMware's technical support.

I implemented this solution myself.

You need to pay for a license to use this product.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a six out of ten. I would recommend this solution to others who are considering implementation and I have about 10 customers who are using this solution.

DH
Head of IT Network Division at Panorinformatika
Reliable, scalable, and installation easy and quick

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, the solution can be more functional and have additional features.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The service they provide is very stable and is the main influencer of why customers purchase this solution.

The technical support could be quicker in response time and be more friendly.

The installation is straightforward and it is very fast to install.

We have five technicians to do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The technical support could be quicker in response time and be more friendly.

The installation is straightforward and it is very fast to install.

The price of the solution could be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

Sometimes if a customer has used VMware previously and has had a positive experience they are more like to want to do a demo, compare it with the competitors, or purchase.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate VMware SD-WAN a nine out of ten.

MV
Telecommunications Specialist at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Simple to configure with zero-touch provisioning

What is most valuable?

It is very simple to configure. When you use the cloud to configure the equipment, it has zero-touch provisioning.

What needs improvement?

Its integration with the security systems would be a nice implementation. They can also consider using a management platform for both network and security operations. This would be a great improvement.

Its initial setup is not complex. It is very simple. Its deployment took about one month.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate VMware SD-WAN a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud

What needs improvement?

What other advice do I have?

I would rate VMware SD-WAN a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free VMware SD-WAN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.