VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Overview

VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Container Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to Dynatrace: VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront vs Dynatrace

What is VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront?

VMware Tanzu Observability provides metrics-driven analytics at massive scale, so you can get the most out of your cloud-native apps.

VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront is also known as Wavefront, Wavefront by VMware, VMware Tanzu Observability .

VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Buyer's Guide

Download the VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Customers

Box, Intuit, Workday, Groupon, British Gas, SpaceApe, Marketo, DoordDash, Lyft

VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront pricing:
  • "Different locations require different setups. In your terms, around 300 to around 400K USD."

VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Reviews

SysopsMadb8e
Sysops Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sep 9, 2019
Provides the relevant metrics that we need to monitor our systems and the environment

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for KPI metrics. We use the aggregation of metrics, and get alerts about the numbers behind the data that we have.

• "The most valuable aspects of the solution are its ease of use and its ease of implementation."
  • "They could make it more easy to plug-in data so that a nontechnical person will be able to use it, like accountants or finance people. That way they don't have to ask us."

What other advice do I have?

Wavefront gives us the complexity we need, instead of spending time coming up with a nice dashboard from some other means, or just creating and coding our own app. The solution enables you to run your microservices to optimize the application. The people that are responsible for our microservices appreciate that. When we talk about microservices, just the ability to help in log analysis is a big plus. It's been a while since I saw the company's microservices dashboard, but there are some reports from Wavefront that help in giving them a better view of business processes. The chart or dashboard…
Principlba0f
Principle Product Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Sep 5, 2019
Great querying and alerting capabilities but it has a high learning curve

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Wavefront is for metrics alerting. We use the SaaS offering.

• "The features I find most valuable is the querying and alerting capabilities."
  • "In the new version, I would love to see more prediction capabilities. It would be great if one could see the alerts get a little more enriched with information and become more human-friendly instead of the technical stuff that they put in there. I think those would be really awesome outcomes to get."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to test Wavefront and see how it works for them. I don't want to rate the solution, because I feel neutral about it.
Learn what your peers think about VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
465,339 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Solution5f0c
Solution Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Sep 3, 2019
Centralized management for multiple environments from a single pane of glass

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for monitoring and customer demos. We have a hybrid cloud deployment with Amazon.

• "This solution allows me to have true visibility for any metrics when it comes to my cloud, and private."
  • "I would like to see integration with Kubernetes cluster and APIs so that you can manage the entire stack."

What other advice do I have?

Using this solution has helped to reduce our mean time to remediation because it helps to pinpoint where the bottleneck or the root cause of the problem is. This solution allows us to monitor microservices based on ports and stuff like that. You can see when those ports die and know where the problem is. We have used the chart and dashboard customization features, and they are pretty easy to use if you know your metrics. The customization makes it easier to visualize what you are already looking for. They help me get to the root cause faster. In terms of easy, medium, or hard, I would say that…
Krishna_Reddy
VMware Technology Specialist, Product Manager at Taashee
Jan 14, 2020
Good stability but overall still needs more technology enhancements and better automation

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for its applications, like the ELN import application. There are a few internal applications appropriate for future growth and they can start doing the high-end configuration already. We wanted to test all the capabilities of vSAN in VMware.

• "No issues with stability."
  • "It could use a URL document server. Everything in the market is moving towards automation and everybody's looking for the single click operations as well relational data locality."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of 1 - 10, I give it a 7. This is because a lot of things need to be adapted. They just need more capability. A few areas still need more enhancements in the technology capability space.
SrVirtua5553
Sr Virtualization Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Sep 9, 2019
Scales well and our customers are pleased, but the implementation takes a long time

What is our primary use case?

We do not use this solution directly. Rather, we provide a platform for people to run it. We are the virtualization engineers, and we interface with this solution. Our experience is with a private cloud deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

Using Wavefront, we have been able to reduce the complexity of our pipeline. Our mean time to remediation has been reduced.

What needs improvement?

The implementation is a long process that should be improved.

The application scales well.

During the implementation, the internal processes take longer for us than the actual application. This includes the storage, provisioning and all of the resources required to…
Download our free VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.