Mitul Rajput
GM COE at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
A very good product that is easy to deploy, manage, and maintain

• "Cloud-based VMware Workspace ONE is very good. It is easy to deploy and manage. Maintenance is also quite simple."
  • "Pricing is the only challenge right now. The licensing fee should be simplified a little bit. They have kept too many products as add ons. These need to be bundled with the low-cost, standard version. This will help customers in adopting this technology at a faster pace."

What is most valuable?

Cloud-based VMware Workspace ONE is very good. It is easy to deploy and manage. Maintenance is also quite simple.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is the only challenge right now. The licensing fee should be simplified a little bit. They have kept too many products as add-ons. These need to be bundled with the low-cost, standard version. This will help customers in adopting this technology at a faster pace.

We have been dealing with VMware Workspace ONE for almost four years.

A customer faced one global downtime in India. Apart from that, I have not seen any downtime. It's pretty stable.

Scalability is absolutely fine. We have experience with scaling 5,000 users so far.

In terms of technical support, we are almost L1, L2, and L3 because VMware offloads the complete professional or PSO service to us. We deployed a complete VMware PSO for a system in India. We don't generally see many challenges. There are a few challenges for which we take help from the support team, and we find them very good.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward, especially the cloud setup is very simplified.

Deployment duration depends on the customer success criteria or the scope of work. We have handled 3,000 and 5,000 users deployments. It took one and a half months to role out 1,500 users. Our largest scope was around 5,000 users, which took almost two months to complete.

It depends on the number of users because you need Windows 10 management, mobile management, and everything you want to see. If it is a greenfield deployment, then it's very straightforward. If it is not a straightforward greenfield deployment, integration also takes some time. Everything is a working field where we need to manage the timeline, production, clean window, and communication with customers and users, which takes some time.

There is a separate cost for technical support and extra premium features. The pricing should be simplified.

What other advice do I have?

We are the first master service in India. We are a service partner, and we are deploying this solution for our customers. A few deployments are on-premises, and a few are on the cloud. Cloud deployment is simple, but from the security point of view, few banks want to deploy it on-premises.

I absolutely recommend VMware Workspace ONE. It's a very good product. They should keep improving the pricing and innovation of the product. Otherwise, the customer will not be convinced about the cost. That's the only problem. India is very cost-sensitive. Everyone wants everything free in India, which is a big problem.

I would rate VMware Workspace ONE a ten out of ten.

CK
IT Systems & Network Administrator at a transportation company with 201-500 employees
Gives us more control over what is necessary on the end-user side

• "The most valuable feature of the solution is that it enables us to remotely manage the devices, which is its purpose, and to push applications to the mobile devices from the portal."

What is our primary use case?

We make use of DM Solutions and do so strictly for users, moving devices and laptops.

How has it helped my organization?

As we have been manually provisioning everything for end-users, the solution gives us more control over what is necessary on the end-user side and allows us to regularly provide them with updates from a single place.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is that it enables us to remotely manage the devices, which is its purpose, and to push applications to the mobile devices from the portal.

What needs improvement?

No areas for room for improvement come to mind. The VM is pretty good and I can't think of any areas that are lacking. I was just comparing VMware Workspace ONE to other solutions and I can say we are pretty happy with it for the moment. For the time being, I cannot think of any features that should be improved.

I have been using VMware Workspace ONE for three years.

The solution is very stable.

There are no issues with scalability. We can do so at any time.

The initial setup was okay. It's straightforward.

As it has been two years, I cannot recall the implementation strategy. I do recall that it was straightforward and took us a couple of days.

We made use of a managed service provider, utilizing a system integrator who worked with us. It was helpful and we had a good experience. Our needs were understood and the deployment went very smoothly.

For the moment, we have a multi-year contract, meaning that we cannot go with a different solution at this time even if the price should prove more favorable. Only next year can we evaluate the price.

What other advice do I have?

There are 250 users in our organization who make use of the solution.

I rate VMware Workspace ONE as a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
    Learn what your peers think about VMware Workspace ONE. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
    552,136 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    CC
    IT Professional at a energy/utilities company with 51-200 employees
    A stable product and the interface for SCAP is good

• "The most valuable feature is the interface with SCAP, which is the Security Content Automation Protocol."
    • "The reverse proxy is not intuitive and it takes time to get it right, so this is something that can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Workspace ONE with our shared devices.

What needs improvement?

The cost of this product is a little high and should be reduced.

There are a lot of interfaces and components, which makes the setup a little bit complex.

If you have a lot of shared devices and want to have a mass deployment, then it is time-consuming to do. They have a feature where you can send out a code for enrollment under VMware, to obtain a user ID, but even with that, it has to be done one by one. You have to go inside and dig out the code, one at a time, and record it. It would be helpful if it generated a report so that you could use it to talk with the team. As it is now, it is not difficult but it could have been done better.

We have been using VMware Workstation ONE for a few months.

This product is quite stable.

I presume that it is scalable.

We have used and are still using other similar solutions.

The initial setup for us was simplified because we started with implementing a PoC. There are too many interfaces involved, which makes it complex at the start of the deployment.

The cost is a little bit high.

What other advice do I have?

As we have just begun using this product, we are still comparing some of the features that it has.

SG
    Console administrator at nexta
    Useful remote management services, highly scalable, and stable

What is our primary use case?

We have many use cases in our customer's environment and use this solution to manage applications on devices. We have clients with Android devices, Apple devices with macOS, and Rugged devices with Windows CE.

What is most valuable?

The location and remote management services are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The location service could improve and more integration with other devices, such as Android enterprise and Apple devices. We are having some issues with JavaScript or XML, and there is not any information provided for resolving it.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

The stability is good. However, there is…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The location and remote management services are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

The stability is good. However, there is some downtime.

The solution scalability is very good.

We have clients mostly in medium to large-scale enterprises. In some of our large customers, they have approximately 1,300 devices using the soltuion.

We have not had good experiences with technical support. We have many tickets remaining that are unresolved. The agents could improve by having better knowledge and faster response time.

There could be more troubleshooting information provided because sometimes we do not know how to resolve a problem or issue.

The on-premises version of the solution installation is complex.

We do the implementation of the solution and the time depends on the client's environment. It could take up to two weeks to implement but it depends a lot on the client's infrastructure.

We have a team of two engineers that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

Our clients have evaluated Soti. Mainly to resolve issues and problems with some devices that are using JavaScript environments.

What other advice do I have?

I rate VMware Workspace ONE a nine out of ten.

BP
    Technical Specialist at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
    Good inventory features, simple to setup, and has good technical support, but needs more service notifications

• "From a remote management perspective, I like the management and the inventory."
    • "I would like to see more service notifications."

What is our primary use case?

We use VMware Workspace ONE for our Android devices. I also use it for handheld scanners.

What is most valuable?

From a remote management perspective, I like the management and the inventory.

What needs improvement?

In terms of Workspace ONE, we are migrating it from on-premises to the cloud.

I would like to see more service notifications.

We have been using VMware Workspace ONE for five years.

VMware Workspace ONE is stable. We do have a few outages, but they are few and far between. We were able to recover quickly.

Scalability is a problem because we have a service provider who is supposed to maintain the backend with patching. As a result, when we want to use a remote capability the environment must be updated.

The technical support is good.

We use Jamf, for our MacBook Space and our Apple Mac Space.

I prefer working with Jamf. When we did a side-by-side pilot, and I found it to be easier.

When I focus on one product, I gain a better understanding. It is the Apple brand, in my opinion. I now have a better grasp of the policies and groups.

It's pretty simple in my opinion, but I'm not the technical owner. I was just collaborating with a colleague to assist him with it, but it was fairly simple.

I don't have a view on pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate VMware Workspace ONE a six out of ten.

AY
    Server Administrator Coordinator at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
    A simple and secure enterprise platform that delivers and manages apps

• "VMware Workspace ONE has been stable so far."
    • "It's not accurate enough when it comes to sending items to end-users."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use VMware Workspace ONE for managing Macs and iOS devices.

What needs improvement?

Although it's supposed to be compatible with Chromebooks and Windows, we find that it's quite limited. I think it doesn't work properly with Chromebooks because you need a Google license to manage them. For this reason, we didn't end up using AirWatch with Chromebooks.

The overall accuracy could also be improved. It's not accurate enough when it comes to sending items to end-users.

I have been using VMware Workspace ONE for three years.

VMware Workspace ONE has been stable so far.

My main concern with the support is that they don't have a team. You always get a freelancer — often there are difficulties relating to language barriers. Sometimes they are experts, sometimes they are not.

I didn't do the initial setup by myself. I had to hire a consultant and some other specialists to do it for me.

VMware Workspace ONE is not cheap; it's quite expensive. However, in the end, they gave us a reasonable price.

What other advice do I have?

If you have Mac or SNIS devices, it works fine and the price will be reasonable. If you have a lot of money to invest, there are better options out there.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give VMware Workspace ONE a rating of eight.

There should be more powerful features available for Mac, like what GEMS has already introduced — especially in regards to the level of system updates, and software updates. It should be easier to manage things, especially for Mac. If they improved this, I would give them a higher rating.

VR
    SAP BASIS Technical Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    A scalable, stable, and easy-to-deploy solution that gives us the ability to control mobiles remotely

• "It is like any other mobile solution. It gives us the ability to control remotely, and that is what we like. We can wipe out and deploy remotely."
    • "They do have a good integration, but there is a long way to go as far as integration is concerned. They need to integrate with the cloud solutions a little bit more. We are looking for Azure integration."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for managing mobiles at a very elementary level. Basically, we want to control mobiles and allow a limited number of apps.

What is most valuable?

It is like any other mobile solution. It gives us the ability to control remotely, and that is what we like. We can wipe out and deploy remotely.

What needs improvement?

They do have a good integration, but there is a long way to go as far as integration is concerned. They need to integrate with the cloud solutions a little bit more. We are looking for Azure integration.

I have been using this solution for a year at the most.

It is stable. There are no stability issues.

It scales well. Everybody in our organization is using it.

They are perfect. They are available whenever we need them.

We didn't use any other solution previously.

It was simple.

Its pricing was okay for our company.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have any experience with other similar solutions, so I can't compare it with others. We decided to go with it and stick with it. It served the purpose in my previous organization. It is also serving the purpose in this organization. It is pretty good. VMware is one of the leaders.

I would rate VMware Workspace ONE a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
    NK
    Senior Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Good tracking, with a simplified platform, but the support response time needs improvement

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the tracking of the devices."
    • "There is no Apple zero-day support for updates."

What is our primary use case?

We use VMware Workspace ONE for our mobile devices. We are not building Workspace ONE; we are maintaining mobile device compliance and corporate device tracking compliance.

We create policies, push apps, and enable users to download apps according to the ASA request and the company requests.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the tracking of the devices. It is not only available for iPad and iMac Pro, we can track Android devices and cross-functional devices in Workspace ONE.

It's a simplified platform for managing all of our devices.

What needs improvement?

There is no Apple zero-day support for updates.

The Apple developer option is not enabled in OEM, which makes it very difficult to manage the Mac devices proactively.

They rely on a third-party tool for the packaging, which is why they are lagging.

I would like to see Apple and Mac devices have zero-day support. It needs to be activated.

The Macbook downloadable license needs to be integrated.

We have faced some issues with the stability of this solution.

It is not as stable on mobile devices as Jamf Pro and Mac devices.

They do not have 24/7 support or in-person support available in OEM. Any issues we have will take one or two days to get a response. As we are in India, the response comes a bit late and will drag to the next day or two. Will be waiting for at least two days for a solution in the OEM.

What other advice do I have?

I have only used it with Mac devices. Comparatively for Mac devices, I can rate it a six out of ten.

Download our free VMware Workspace ONE Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.