Webex Overview

Webex is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Virtual Meetings tools. It is most often compared to TeamViewer: Webex vs TeamViewer

What is Webex?

Webex is designed to help companies improve communication and increase productivity with unlimited HD video meetings in shared meeting spaces.

Companies can use Webex, a Cisco product, to collaborate with peers, share documents and other information, create high-impact webinars and online events, and present dynamic online courses. It can be tailored to your exact company needs and can be fully integrated with mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry.

Webex is also known as Cisco Spark.

Webex Buyer's Guide

Download the Webex Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Webex Customers

Seagate Technology, Kohn Pedersen Fox, World Vision International, Glen Raven, University of Notre Dame, CEV Multimedia, The Food Group, LUMEDX, California Baptist University, and Georgetown University Law Center.

Webex Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Manager, Telecommunications at Gyrus ACMI - Olympus
The call me feature is one of the features our employees seem to love

What is our primary use case?

Cisco WebEx solution is used for voice and web conferencing across five domestic manufacturing facilities. The service enables our locations to utilize not only voice conferencing but also web which allows sharing of content.

What other advice do I have?

Be aware of the different costs associated with voice and data (even if you don't use it you may still be charged).
Financial Consultant
Allows me to conduct meetings, share files, record events, but is costly outside the US

How has it helped my organization?

It allows me to conduct meetings, share files, record events, chat, and have presentations with co-workers.

What is most valuable?

Webinar.

What needs improvement?

The charges for US and Asia vary greatly.  It costs more to subscribe to WebEx in Asia.

Three to five years.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Very good. Phone support is available 24/7 to get technical help.

I have recently switched to a different solution. WebEx is more costly. There are equivalent…
Learn what your peers think about Webex. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Microsoft SQL Server DBA at a tech services company with 11-50 employees

What is our primary use case?

Using it for web conferencing, and for screen and documents sharing between members of geographically distributed teams.

How has it helped my organization?

Team members do not need to use public solutions to collaborate on complex projects, share files and screens.

What is most valuable?

Audio and video conferencing Screen demonstration and control Document sharing

What needs improvement?

Webex is mostly doing its job without any issues. The only thing it maybe needs is a chat. It is not very comfortable to use. Private and public messages is a good idea, but it is too easy to select the wrong option.

What do I

Network Build Leader at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
The initial setup was quick and easy for a program that can be used anywhere on any device

What is most valuable?

Using it anywhere on any devices.

How has it helped my organization?

Having the quickest meetings ever.

What needs improvement?

Overall collaborations.

I have used it for one year.

No issues.

Customer Service: A 10 out of 10. Technical Support: A 10 out of 10.

Jabber. It was less flexible, which is why we switched.

The initial setup was easy and quick.

What about the

Network & Unified Collaboration Leader at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Messaging, meeting, and delivery calling are now easier from the cloud, but the product is not very user-friendly
Unified Communications Engineer at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
You know to whom you are talking when you are conferencing

What other advice do I have?

If you have the budget, go for WebEx. You won't find anything more stable, scalable, and with a fair support team.
Group Learning and Development Programme Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy-to-use Virtual Training Solution Which Integrates With Outlook

What other advice do I have?

With IT support and global company licenses, it is easy to use.
Virtualization and Data Center Business Development Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
You can easily collaborate with your work colleagues even with your mobile phone.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We send news about our products through Cisco Spark and the people included in the room can ask questions about them.

What needs improvement?

The phone calling option.

1 year.

Customer Service: Very good Technical Support: Very good

It was straightforward

What about the

CIO at a tech services company
The mobile interface, registration, and team creation and collaboration features are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Simple, yet powerful! Excellent mobile interface (Android user here). Everything from registration to team creation and collaboration feels smooth and seamless!

How has it helped my organization?

Great collaboration tools included!

What needs improvement?

Instant messaging, video conferencing, document sharing... collaboration!

I'm new to the product.

I have not encountered any deployment issues.

I have not encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

CM
Senior Network Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
It enables scheduling of the audio bridge with random conference codes.

What other advice do I have?

Take into consideration your user needs, what user experience you want to deliver, and of course how this solution will play with your existing unified or non-communications ecosystem.
Solution Manager - Pre Sales - West Europe at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Enables virtual meeting rooms, desktop sharing, and whiteboards.

What is most valuable?

Virtual meeting rooms Video/Voice capabilities Desktop sharing and whiteboards

How has it helped my organization?

Increased productivity Ability to have meetings on-the-fly, without any scheduling Resources are always available

What needs improvement?

I would like to see integration with legacy video endpoints.

I have used it for 18 months.

I did not encounter any stability issues.

I did not have any scalability issues. My requirement is a maximum of ten end points connected.

I would give technical support a rating of 9/10.

Which solution did I

Customer and Market Insights Manager at a tech company with 201-500 employees
This gives me easy, reliable sharing of content to remote employees.

What other advice do I have?

WebEx’s sharing of an application or the desktop enables me to give a presentation or a demo to remote colleagues, customers and prospects. Other services such as email, audio conferencing and twitter are very useful for communicating in other important ways, WebEx is the corporate gold standard for what it does best, that is easy, reliable sharing of content on my screen to one or several hundred people in real time.
Marketing Campaign Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
I used it for Team collaboration and Webinars.

What is most valuable?

- Team collaboration - Webinars

How has it helped my organization?

- Relieved some bandwidth - Freed up budget

What needs improvement?

- Customer Service/Support - UX

- 3 years

- In-house

What's my experience

Owner at Webinar Success
WebEx Reporting Insanity
I just finished one month of repeated emails, phone calls, and online test sessions with Cisco WebEx tech support. We found the answer to the problem I originally reported to them and in an attempt to save others the same frustration I thought I would write it up in this post. The symptom I observed was that the In-Event Activity Report for one of my WebEx Event Center webinars contained columns showing results for some of the polls we had run, but others were missing. It turns out that this was because WEBEX ONLY CAPTURES IN-EVENT ACTIVITY INFORMATION WHILE THE RECORDER IS RUNNING. My first two polls were just audience demographics, asked while giving the live audience their instructions about using the conferencing software. I don't record that, because viewers of the archive have no…
Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager at SnapLogic
Leaderboard
This product from Cisco definitely rocks No wonder they're a market leader on many network products.

What other advice do I have?

WebEx allows both host and participants to engage in an online class, conference, training session, or support case with ease.
Marketing at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
WebEx is the best option for Web Conferencing. The software can be annoying at times, but it's worth the cost.

What other advice do I have?

Webex is THE web meeting/conferencing service and in general will get the job done. Having a sales service that doesn't need to travel to present every single pitch can save money for nearly every sized organization. We truly believe that the first few WebEx meetings usually lead to an in-face meeting to sign up a new client.
Manager of Data Center at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
Very Good for HD Video conferencing

What other advice do I have?

WebEx is relatively cheap and cost effective. With $49 per month, 25 people can conveniently enjoy the services. This price cannot be compared to the cost of bringing 25 people together in a physical location