WebLogic Suite OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

WebLogic Suite is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Application Infrastructure tools. It is most often compared to Oracle SOA Suite: WebLogic Suite vs Oracle SOA Suite

What is WebLogic Suite?
Oracle WebLogic Suite is an integrated solution for building onpremise cloud application infrastructures that span web server, application server and data grid technology tiers. It includes Oracle WebLogic Server, an application server for developing and deploying applications across conventional and cloud environments, Oracle Coherence Enterprise Edition, Oracle Web Tier, Oracle TopLink, Oracle Java Mission Control and Flight Recorder, and other component technologies.

Download the Application Infrastructure Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

WebLogic Suite Customers
State Revenue Office Victoria, Colab Consulting Pty. Ltd., Reliance Commercial Finance, Center for Railway Information Systems, Sascar, Banca Transilvania, UL, Chhattisgarh Infotech and Biotech Promotion Society, MCB Bank, Pacfico Seguros Generales
WebLogic Suite Video

Amir-Khanof
Technical Manager at Royal Visio
Reseller
Console and enterprise management tools are really easy to work and it handles all environments

What is our primary use case?

I usually use the single model or the clustering model of the solution. We deploy the dual application, ADF application, and BPM application, and there is a different scenario for each of them even though they all use WebLogic services. Each use case is somewhat different. It is our customers that use WebLogic. I deal with mid-size companies and also enterprise size companies. We are resellers and I'm the technical manager.

• "Robust solution; console and enterprise management tools are really easy to work."
  • "Lacking a solution for smaller applications."

What other advice do I have?

If you take the time to go through the documentation of this product and its features you'll become familiar with the enterprise standards. It's a good path to becoming familiar with enterprise architecture. Even from an academic perspective, learning and using this application server can be a good start to understanding what can be achieved with an enterprise application server. I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.
AK
Technical Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Scalable and stable with good transaction handling

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the UI (user interface), as a middleware product that communicates between different servers including application servers and databases.

• "The transaction handling of WebLogic and the way it is designed is excellent."
  • "Support could be better. The expertise when we have some Oracle WebLogic issues and challenges is not there. The issues are not being addressed in time. This really needs to be improved going forward."

What other advice do I have?

I don't remember the exact version number of the solution we are using, but it's around version 12. I'd suggest other companies shop around. There are other competitors. The cost and the actual purpose of the application should be considered before choosing any solution. However, we can recommend this solution considering the stability and scalability that we have seen over the last five years. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, F5, Apache and others in Application Infrastructure. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DM
Senior Cloud Infrastructure Consultant at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
MSP
It has improved our security but the upgrades are complicated and the integration with other providers needs to improve

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this program for forms and reports, as well as application provisioning for Java and so on.

• "The program is scalable."
  • "I think the support could be much better."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be: don't complicate things. Keep it simple. On a scale from one to 10, I rate this solution a seven. I think the support could be much better. So perhaps the developers can work on that. Also, the WebLogic management console could be more intuitive or more up to date, because it's still the old console from version 10. Bring us up to enterprise manager or cloud control, which has been in design and very intuitive.
AA
Data Networking at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Hosts our applications and we can control all of our services from one place

What is our primary use case?

WebLogic Suite is a solution that I use myself and I also provide services to my customers. In my company, it is a standalone instance that is not connected to a cluster. This solution hosts our Oracle Business Intelligence application, OBIEE, and other Oracle applications.

• "The most valuable feature is that it provides one place where you can control all of the services."
  • "The restart capability needs to be improved because it takes us 15 minutes to restart any application."

Venkatraman Bhat
Delivery Head - Database and Infrastructure Services at Tech Mahindra Limited
A robust and highly available solution that supports multi-domain concepts

What is our primary use case?

We are a company that provides IT products and services. My role is to offer solutions to end-customers and then we implement and deploy it for them. WebLogic is part of the solution that we offer customers because PeopleSoft and Oracle ERP products both use it. WebLogic runs as the middleware for solutions such as Oracle Business Intelligence and Oracle Retail.

How has it helped my organization?

WebLogic adds a lot of value to business and investments.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature are robustness, high availability, and multi-domain concepts.

What needs improvement?

Deployment and integration should be simplified. I would like to see the licensing policy simplified.

I have been…
Ifeoluwa Oshinowo
Database Administrator/Business Analyst at Soft Alliance
Great monitoring tools and very robust

What is our primary use case?

My role is to set up the solution for the application team. They use it to fetch data and I think for the main part they use it for ULT or APL. I'm a database administrator and business analyst and we're a customer of WebLogic.

• "This is a robust solution."
  • "There are sometimes issues with clusters."

What other advice do I have?

This is a straightforward application. It's easy to set up and use if you have the proper documentation, it's not overly challenging. There is a lot of documentation available and what you really need is the technical know how. I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.
Hamid Mukhtar
Assistant Professor at a university with 5,001-10,000 employees
A solution with a good update deployment feature that's scalable and is easy to set up

• "Scalability on the solution is great. It's very very easy to scale."
  • "The licensing for the solution is pretty expensive. It may be the most expensive solution, if you were to compare it to the competition."

What other advice do I have?

I'd suggest those considering implementing the solution to move to the cloud. It's very simple and easy. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Operations Manager EMEA at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Runs smoothly but we have had issues with scalability

What is our primary use case?

Our team works on it every day but; I don't do the technical work. I'm an operations manager and I manage the team.

• "It integrates well with other solutions."
  • "Sometimes there are issues when we work on a VM because people use it to put all of their reports on it at the same time. Then I have to restart and rebuild the machine."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten. The client is happy and there are some issues sometimes with the scalability but it's probably because of the users. Otherwise, we don't have any other problems. Sometimes there are issues with the reports.
See 2 more WebLogic Suite Reviews
Product Categories
Application Infrastructure
Download our free Application Infrastructure Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, F5, Apache, and more!