WebLogic Suite Overview

WebLogic Suite is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Application Infrastructure tools. It is most often compared to Oracle SOA Suite: WebLogic Suite vs Oracle SOA Suite

What is WebLogic Suite?
Oracle WebLogic Suite is an integrated solution for building onpremise cloud application infrastructures that span web server, application server and data grid technology tiers. It includes Oracle WebLogic Server, an application server for developing and deploying applications across conventional and cloud environments, Oracle Coherence Enterprise Edition, Oracle Web Tier, Oracle TopLink, Oracle Java Mission Control and Flight Recorder, and other component technologies.

Download the Application Infrastructure Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

WebLogic Suite Customers
State Revenue Office Victoria, Colab Consulting Pty. Ltd., Reliance Commercial Finance, Center for Railway Information Systems, Sascar, Banca Transilvania, UL, Chhattisgarh Infotech and Biotech Promotion Society, MCB Bank, Pacfico Seguros Generales
WebLogic Suite Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

SH
Senior Enterprise Architect at a healthcare company with 11-50 employees
It easily connects to other Oracle products and services. However, this solution doesn't have connectors to other external applications.

What is our primary use case?

It performs well.

• "A valuable feature is its integration with Oracle Database."
  • "It easily connects to other Oracle products and services."
  • "This solution doesn't have connectors to other external applications."

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution as a seven out of 10, because it is not fully satisfying our needs. It is good in specific areas, but it's not satisfying all of our requirements. It is not a one stop shop. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: * It is affordable. * Easy to use. * Ready documentation, training, and examples.
Team Lead - Oracle Applications DBA at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides a uniform technology platform between multiple application installations.

What is our primary use case?

Support custom developed mobile applications while retaining middleware compatibility with other on-premise Oracle systems such as AP Imaging, eBusiness Suite 12.2, and SOA Suite.

What other advice do I have?

Cloning and replication of WebLogic instances isn't exactly a rote science. Because the stacks become secured against the hosting environments, encapsulating and re-configuring a working installation into a new set of hosts (with differing names and IP addresses) involves several procedures to re-secure, re-encrypt and reinstate the software to hardware trust certificates. While this process is relatively encapsulated for WebLogic in eBusiness Suite, sometimes it's faster to simply re-install WebLogic on the new hosts, than attempting to re-configure from a backup from a different host set…
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, F5, Apache and others in Application Infrastructure. Updated: May 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Consultant Principal on: MuleSoft Expert, Oracle Fusion Expert, webMethods Expert; Dev, SA, EA, PM at Visual Integrator Consulting
Video Review
One of the features that it provides is the ability to build robust applications that can support many simultaneous transactions.

What is our primary use case?

Microservices Integration AppDev Mobile Supply Chain automation CRM (Salesforce and Dynamics integrations)

What other advice do I have?

I don't give anyone a ten but from an app server perspective, WebLogic is definitely going to be a 9 to a 9.5 because they've been in my opinion one of the leading app servers on the market today. They've been around for so long, they're proven. I shouldn't say all but a great majority of all the Fortune 2000 have either worked with WebLogic in the past. Because they have such a large footprint, such a large adoption path, they've got dedicated teams, product engineers that are working on a lot of great features. A lot of customers have been very pleased with WebLogic. The only improvements…
President at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
User-friendly Admin features, easy to implement and reliable

What other advice do I have?

I would say out of the servers that we have used - one is an Apache Tomcat which is Open Source, which we typically use for demos and other things; and then the WebLogic, and then the Oracle Application Server. These are the three things we have used. I rate WebLogic at least a nine out of 10. I would say I'm very happy with it and I would recommend using this product. However, if you want to use Oracle Apache Tomcat, that is also something which works great. The only thing with Open Source is, as long as long as it's working great, it's great. But, there is a possibility that if something…
Lead Systems Engineering Architect at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
In terms of the number of sessions you can run, it's powerful, compared to JBoss.

What other advice do I have?

If you don’t want any outages, you want peace of mind, and your application running smoothly, I would say go for WebLogic. Why would you want a painful experience? It's smooth.
Senior Software Engineer at Crown Castle
It's industry tested and available on various platforms.

What other advice do I have?

If you are serious about it and you have the money to spend, then spend it on a winner. There's all kinds of open source stuff out there. Stuff is changing constantly. If you're trying to run an enterprise business, it's sounds great, it's great for proof of concept. But, when it comes down to it, you don't want to build your own car. You want to buy something that's got some standards, has a big name behind it. That's what I suggest. I don't give anything a perfect rating. This is software. It's constantly changing. Again, the breadth of services that are provided, and the support, again, is…
Provides a uniform technology platform between multiple application installations, whether ERP/CRM based systems, Imaging ingestion and integration, or document content management.

What other advice do I have?

Cloning and replication of WebLogic instances isn't exactly a rote science. Because the stacks become secured against the hosting environments, encapsulating and re-cconfiguring a working installation into a new set of hosts (with differing names and IP addresses) involves several procedures to re-secure, re-encrypt and reinstate the software to hardware trust certificates. While this process is relatively encapsulated for WebLogic in eBusiness Suite, sometimes it's faster to simply re-install WebLogic on the new hosts, than attempting to re-configure from a backup from a different host set…
IT Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy Deployment, Reduces Rework but Expensive

What other advice do I have?

You need to consider the licensing and upgrade costs. In addition, it will help to have a dedicated administration team.
Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
There are multiple products that compete with it, but it's completely Oracle, which means that the licensing with other Oracle products is great. I would like to see better scalability.
Programmer Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
We get to host all of our HFM web apps, business users can log on and it runs seamlessly.

What other advice do I have?

Before you configure anything for Oracle, make sure you start the WebLogic admin console on the primary web servers.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator at a pharma/biotech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
​We've found it to be the most reliable and stable platform for building our Java applications. High Availability with it and Oracle Linux together was very complicated.

What other advice do I have?

For installing or looking at the database, I would say look at the components that you need within the database. What we generally find is that most of the features that we want, or most of the features that are available in Enterprise Edition, we actually wouldn't use. So take time and you might actually see them only by using Standard Edition.
Manager of Oracle Technology/DevOpsManager at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
The most valuable features are that it's easily deployable and easily scalable.

What other advice do I have?

It's highly expensive and there are other much, much better products out for the cost of peanuts.
Principal Consultant at Rubicon Red
It gives you a console for administration, creating resources, managing those resources, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and everything else all in one place.
Engagement Manager at NEC Australia - Oracle at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's allowed us to contain and administer the WebLogic environment as a managed service. We support and manage our customer environments onsite and remotely by using the web GUI.

What other advice do I have?

If you are unsure about your decision, run a POC with authorization from Oracle through a partner like NEC. Trial and test it for 30 days and see if it meets your requirements. Ensure you have a WebLogic administrator to help guide you through it. Understand the recommended requirements for the apps and assign the correct memory. This will allow you to achieve a good user experience. The High Availability and high performance provide a solid foundation for application hosting. The apps teams see the benefit and stability when they start using it.
Lead Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The cluster configuration and cluster performance are the most valuable features for us.

What other advice do I have?

It gives good performance, but we still have to use third-party tools for monitoring. You should take that into consideration when deciding whether to purchase it.
Managing Director at a training & coaching company with 51-200 employees

Valuable Features

It's a very scalable, extensible, middleware component. It's especially useful for big data applications if you're using APIs or have geo-spatial data or complex data sets. It's also a very affordable and efficient.

Room for Improvement

I would like to see Oracle offer the WebLogic Suite in other areas, like SaaS or PaaS. From what I've seen at Oracle World, they're already moving in that direction, so it gives you a broader portfolio or different ways to leverage their technology.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

It's very stable. It can handle a lot of database storage and repositories. It's really the backbone of a lot of our systems that we use for our federal customers. It's very smooth and not buggy, and…
Product Categories
Application Infrastructure
Download our free Application Infrastructure Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, F5, Apache, and more!
Quick Links