RS
Regional Integrated Platforms Tech Lead at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, straightforward to set up, and flexible in terms of pricing

• "The most valuable feature is stability."
  • "Technical support is an area where they can improve."

What is our primary use case?

This product is used for application integration. I have implemented this solution for many clients across the world.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is stability.

What needs improvement?

We have been experiencing problems with using Terracotta for clustering, which is something that they should improve.

Technical support is an area where they can improve.

I have been working with this product for approximately 15 years. The organization that I am currently with has been using it for about five.

This is a stable product. The Universal Messaging component had some issues with stability, although they have now been fixed. Over that time, they disappointed the customers for about two years.

We had some issues with clustering as we were trying to scale. We are using Terracotta and it gave us some problems.

The technical support team pays attention to our issues but at the same time, they don't seem to have an in-depth technical background.

We still using IBM MQ today, although these are legacy integrations.

I have just recently started learning about MuleSoft, personally. From my research, I find that MuleSoft is better in terms of their cloud strategy.

The initial setup is not complex. I would say that it is straightforward.

The vendor is flexible with respect to pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I have found that the home-grown products from this vendor always do pretty well, but when they acquire new products from third-parties, there has been some disappointment.

Overall, this is a pretty good product. In fact, my only real complaint is about support.

Hassan Hussien
Senior Architect Manager at AXA COOPERATIVE INSURANCE
Reseller
Good API gateway and integration, flexible, and feature-rich

• "It's very flexible and a good platform to use."
  • "There should be better logging, or a better dashboard, to allow you to see see the logs of the services."

What is most valuable?

The API Gateway is very good.

The Integration Server is very good.

Terracotta is very useful.

There are many components that I have used.

It's very flexible and a good platform to use.

What needs improvement?

There should be better logging, or a better dashboard, to allow you to see see the logs of the services.

Also, storing the message bodies in the database and allow you to search them would be a nice feature to have.

These features should be enhanced to facilitate the work for the developer.

I have been working with webMethods Integration Server for four years.

webMethods Integration Server is a scalable product.

It is being used only by the developers, it's not for public users.

We have three developers in our organization who are using it.

Technical support is very good.

Previously, in another company, I worked with webMethods Broker.

The price is a little bit high, especially regarding their support.

The support fees are very high and we don't need such huge support.

What other advice do I have?

I think anybody who is implementing this product should learn about the balancing and the API portal that is going to be used. You should have a good developer that is able to use the platform and understands most of the capabilities that it provides.

Overall, it's a really good product.

I would rate webMethods Integration Server a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about webMethods Integration Server. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SA
Middleware Technical Specialist at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good out-of-box features and the EDI is eye-catching, but it is expensive

• "All of the components are very independent but are tied together to give the business value."
  • "The price should be reduced to make it more affordable."

What is our primary use case?

We use webMethods for integrating our applications.

What is most valuable?

The best part of webMethods is the out-of-box features that it provides to users, which ultimately saves on effort put into development.

All of the components are very independent but are tied together to give the business value.

The EDI is very eye-catching.

What needs improvement?

We have been having some non-technical, functional issues, which is why we're exploring other products.

The price should be reduced to make it more affordable.

I have been using webMethods for between 10 and 12 years.

The pricing and licensing costs for webMethods are very high, which is the only reason that we might switch to another product.

As we use webmethods, we continue to look for and research other products that are in the market. We have not decided if we are moving away from it yet, and there is no specific timeframe for making that decision, but we will continue to research alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, it's a great product.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free webMethods Integration Server Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.