WebRatio OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is WebRatio?
In WebRatio we have been nurturing a true passion for developing enterprise-class software that exponentially increases the productivity and agility of our customers.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

WebRatio Customers
Unicredit Leasing, Acer, Gruppo Torinese Transporti, A2A, SET Distribuzone, Dolomiti Energia, AIM Gruppo, IFC CNA_ Amsa
WebRatio Video

WebRatio Reviews

MP
IT Services Consultant at a consultancy with self employed
Little coding needed and speeds development time but lacks documentation

• "The initial setup isn't too complex."
  • "The maintenance aspect is too heavy."

What is our primary use case?

My experience is related to doing analysis specifically on WebRatio. I make some analysis and evaluate it. I do not use it in any project. I'm a consultant and I just analyze the environment. I make some architectural evaluations or make my customers aware of potential usage. Most of my clients use it and are in the public sector.

How has it helped my organization?

The product is low-code, which means you need less knowledge to do tasks and a company can still speed up the development process. It makes us more efficient.

What is most valuable?

At the moment, we are considering moving away from the product.

The initial setup isn't too complex.

The low-code environment has been a very interesting aspect of the solution. Due to this approach, modeling an application as well as designing and running it is very easy. Less knowledge is needed and you can still speed up the process.

What needs improvement?

The maintenance aspect is too heavy.

Moving from one version to the other made the solution change, and not in a way that we liked.

Typically there are documents about the release of new versions and a set of activities required to migrate from one to the other. This time, it was very messy.

There were issues surrounding the management of the release. This could potentially be due to the fact that WebRation, in the past, had started to make some choices regarding the framework and architecture that were changed later. In the past, we'd use a strategy as the environment, as an architectural pattern for the application. Now, it's moving more on the spring framework and this initiated some change that obviously had an impact on our application. It's caused a problem with maintenance.

The solution seems to have changed its approach. Now, it's more related to a federative application environment in a monolithic aspect.

While the solution was interesting at one point, everything is moving towards the cloud. WebRatio should be moving also in the web approach. Currently, you have to install an environment inside the desktop. The future is the cloud.

Normally with a low code environment, there is a VPN notation - maybe a WebML or FML notation. If they can move in to have an environment that has a running machine at the end, it would be great. Obviously, some components on the server-side should be deliberate. Normally it's the model you control that's step-by-step and has a very simple flow. In the digital environment, in the organization, the process is more complex.

The quality of the documentation and the community surrounding the product are poor. They need to give users more documentation and build up the surrounding community.

As it isn't a well-known product, it's hard to find professionals to work with it.

I've been using the solution for about six months. It hasn't been that long at this point.

The solution doesn't offer very much documentation and doesn't have much of a community surrounding it, therefore, it's hard to get or find help and/or to troubleshoot issues on your end.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward, however, we have met some challenges when it comes to migrating to different versions. It's caused some issues and calls for more maintenance on our end, which we do not enjoy.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant.

I use the community version of the solution.

In general, I would rate the solution at a six out of ten. It's not well known and the documentation is lacking. There's a lot they could do with it if they moved to a cloud-based model.