Schedule a 30-minute demo or reference call with a real user from the PeerSpot community. Available only to members that are in a buying process for this product and have contributed a review that's then published.

Webroot DNS Protection OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Webroot DNS Protection is #6 ranked solution in top Domain Name System (DNS) Security tools. IT Central Station users give Webroot DNS Protection an average rating of 10 out of 10. Webroot DNS Protection is most commonly compared to Cisco Umbrella:Webroot DNS Protection vs Cisco Umbrella. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Webroot DNS Protection?

Webroot SecureAnywhere DNS Protection offers a quick, straightforward, and highly effective way to secure the DNS protocol connection against cyberattacks. With advanced reporting on more than 80 URL categories, admins gain greater visibility than ever, reduce risk, and can tailor usage policies to their organization's unique needs.

Webroot DNS Protection was previously known as SecureAnywhere DNS Protection.

Download the Domain Name System (DNS) Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Webroot DNS Protection Video

Webroot DNS Protection Reviews

Jamshed Alam
Team Lead NOC (HelpDesk Manager) at Top Rated Plus Freelancer on UpWork
Good application for internet users looking to secure their domain data

• "Almost everyone who uses it is happy about the product. I don't get any types of complaints from my clients."
  • "It needs to be more secure for production environments."

What is our primary use case?

I've worked in the IT industry for almost 15 years. I have worked with many applications, like Webroot and other anti-viruses. Webroot's domain can be secured for malware attacks. Their website, email data, and domain data can be secured from unwanted malware attacks and otherwise. I have found Webroot to be a good application for internet users looking to secure their domain data.

How has it helped my organization?

We have many clients with different platforms where Webroot. We have our clients, DNS, and domain dive, and we have used it for our website for domain set up with the web group.

What is most valuable?

Everything is good with Webroot DNS.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be more secure for production environments. currently, it have reliable and secure but as per new internet attacks, it should be ready and proactive approach to eliminate attack chances.

It's reliable and stable. It needs to be more stable and reliable because we experience internet attacks, domains, and client data. Webroot DNS needs to be more reliable and more secure.

It scales well.

I have worked for many organizations and some organizations are small in size, with five to 15 users, and some organizations are 50 to 100. There are a few giants that are large organizations with 250 to 500 users.

Webroot does not require any type of maintenance, but sometimes there are issues regarding the domain. We troubleshoot and overall 99% will not require any maintenance.

They have a good team for their technical group but they need to hire more professionals to get a big team. They need a bigger team. But overall, their support is very good. When they are available they are ready to help their customers and they are always very exceptional.

There was not any complex type of data. The setup was straightforward.

We are two who teach and train our customers about Webroot DNS and how we are going to configure and secure data. It takes around 20 minutes to one hour of planning plus the time it takes for the configuration.

They need to be more economical for smaller companies so that everyone can use it to store data.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Webroot DNS a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Ramy Elsayed
Administrator at zuuTech
Speedy, finds a lot of infections, and protects your computer

• "The installation is easy and doesn't take long. The program speedy and doesn't crash. It doesn't consume computer hardware or software."
  • "The reporting system needs improvement. They should make is that we can customize it so we can add, remove or change its interface but they use a template. The reports cannot be changed."

What is most valuable?

The installation is easy and doesn't take long. The program is speedy and doesn't crash. It doesn't consume computer hardware or software. It finds a lot of infections when it's initially installed. After that, it protects the computer. The admin console has the ability to run scans and manage things from the admin console. In general, it works well for me.

What needs improvement?

The reporting system needs improvement. They should make is that we can customize it so we can add, remove or change its interface but they use a template. The reports cannot be changed.

They should add more features to manage the registry or the policies on the computer through the console. That would be great.

We have been using Webroot for four years.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was an easy installation and it didn't take a long time

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Nothing at all can be 10 or be perfect. No solution on the market gets a ten. I rate it an eight because of the features. To make it better, they should have the ability to customize or add remote desktops.

I would recommend Webroot; it is a very good solution and a solid solution that keeps our computers protected. It works smoothly, with no problems. It is a very good solution. I can highly recommend for others to buy and go for.

Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Cisco, TitanHQ and others in Domain Name System (DNS) Security. Updated: November 2021.
555,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KS
Assistant Technical Consultant at Digiswitch Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
Easy to use, secure, scales well, and has good support

• "When compared with other products, Webroot DNS Protection is the best to secure the end users."
  • "Reporting is not done in real-time. Rather, it is done in 15-minute intervales. This is something that should be configurable by the admin."

What is our primary use case?

We deploy this solution for our customers and understand the customer's requirements.

What is most valuable?

When compared with other products, Webroot DNS Protection is the best to secure the end users. It is easy to protect systems and it is easy to lock down web activity.

What needs improvement?

Essentially, it would be helpful to have more real-time reporting.

I have been using Webroot DNS Protection for one year.

Webroot DNS Protection is a stable product.

Webroot DNS Protection is very easy to scale.

Technical support is very good. They have integrated their support with the portal. From there they will manage your environment.

You can submit your ticket and they will provide you with a response.

The initial setup is easy because it's a cloud-based solution.

There is no deployment, you just sign in at the portal that will provide us control.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Webroot DNS Protection a nine out of ten.

FR
Sr Technician at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
Dashboard well designed, overall easy to use, and simple implementation

What is our primary use case?

We have 46 clients that we provide the solution for. Most of the clients will have policies in place that will work in parallel with our FortiGate firewall.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard of the solution is a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

If the solution could integrate with FortiGate allowing functionality through only one dashboard instead of having to set policies on our firewall and our DNS, this would be helpful.

I have been using the solution for the last two months.

The stability is really good.

We currently use product predominately in small businesses but the solution…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The dashboard of the solution is a valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for the last two months.

The stability is really good.

We currently use product predominately in small businesses but the solution is scalable.

The setup was straightforward.

The implementation of the solution, it was fairly simple. We have three technicians and monitoring managers for maintenance or for any issues that arise.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is really easy to use.

I rate Webroot DNS Protection a ten out of ten.

Download our free Domain Name System (DNS) Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Cisco, TitanHQ, and more!