Windows 10 Reviews

WW
Business development manager for data protection solutions at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
User-friendly interface and good wireless connectivity

• "One useful feature of Windows 10 is its connectivity with mobile devices and ability to make cableless connections with external devices."
  • "So it would be nice to have the option to switch between this design and the previous one. Working with Windows 7, I preferred to use commands or applications like in the old version."

What is our primary use case?

Some basic Office applications are based on Microsoft Office 365 nowadays. However, we use special tools like VMware Workstation to do things like play with some samples of visualizer and visualize versions of your products as simulators. With some tools, it's necessary to connect to our remote or local lab and make small presentations like a demo of our solutions for customers. I'm not a software developer, so I'm not experienced with stuff like that. I'm not also experienced with using any cloud services besides Office 365.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is somehow good for me because it's based on web design and all this user-friendly stuff. It allows for faster selection of applications and it streamlines research functions, like obtaining that information file or something like this. One useful feature of Windows 10 is its connectivity with mobile devices and ability to make cableless connections with external devices. Windows 10 has made some improvements in performance, so it's not consuming hardware resources like Windows 7.

What needs improvement?

It's hard to define how Windows 10 could be improved. I've been using Windows for years, and every time I see progress, so I'm focused on the positive instead of the negative. But it's time-consuming to struggle with some issues. I don't think it's worth the time I have to spend fixing or finding something.

In terms of ways to improve Windows 10, I would like more interface options for this desktop. Right now, it's like a web design network with all these icons from Microsoft. The work area is selected by news collected from the outside, with some application set but not the full scope of the application I've installed. So it would be nice to have the option to switch between this design and the previous one. Working with Windows 7, I preferred to use commands or applications like in the old version. So it would be nice to be able to change the look and feel of the design.

And, of course, we are always talking about the security of private and professional data. So I hope for more protection against ransomware attacks. I expect that this will be included in a software update. Of course, I know that it could be covered by separate antivirus software, but I think that Microsoft has something like this included for home use, private use, and professional use. A company might accept the level of security offered by standard Microsoft software. It could be fine, but if not, there is always the option of buying something additional. Microsoft's security rules are a disadvantage, but then again, I can expect every company to use something like that.

I've been using Windows 10 for a year or more. We updated our internal setup from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It was a time-consuming process.

I have no complaints about Windows 10's stability and experience. Everything works perfectly and is acceptable at the level of observation. So I there haven't been too many problematic cases I would like to talk about.

Our delivery and support team takes care of our customer's products sometimes. Based on our partnership with Microsoft, which is gold level, we have to contact the support team at Microsoft. But every issue coming from using Windows 10 and so on is always fixed by our internal IT service team. So we have no direct contact with Microsoft with any problems like that.

If you have a Plus Drive installed on your device, installing Windows 10 is pretty convenient. However, I don't have any experience with the setup because I'm using a standard corporate computer, which our internal IT staff prefers. So I am not involved in the process of installing Windows 10 from scratch. I get a ready-to-use laptop with some personalizations. I have to log in and use the correct password to make all corporate resources available on my device. However, in my personal life, I have seen progress with installation from version 7 to version 10. Maintenance on Windows 10 is done by a separate technical team that reacts to tickets and requests for support. They also make recommendations to fix something that is not working correctly. Sometimes they'll help when there are issues with corporate rules, like security, privileges, and accessing Active Directory. Also, when there was a migration happening in the background, like migration from Office 2016 to Office 365, there were some problems with migrating smoothly. We had to wait until our IT team fixed some features that were not accessible.

Microsoft's licensing strategy is constantly changing. In a few years, we might only be using cloud versions for the Microsoft operating system. That's my prediction. So I'm not expecting a general improvement on that. For example, I know the average price of a standard operating system for home use, but I see the enterprise version much more expensive than the version for home users. I'm usually buying products for private use based on my company's different price preferences. So I have no billing platform included in the device. I'm not buying hardware and software separately. I'm always buying this combined version that includes the hardware and software.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Windows 10 eight out of 10. Windows is dominating the market. But, of course, everyone knows about Microsoft operating systems. However, some people who have had a bad experience are switching to Linux versions or Macros systems. But I don't think it's necessary to recommend and promote software like that because Microsoft is one of many creating software for home use and professional use with end-user devices.

LD
Director Lean Infrastructure at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Familiarity, maturity and popular productivity tools make this OS almost indispensable

• "It is familiar and mature and runs the most popular productivity tools."
  • "The operating system could be more configurable and compatible in integrating with other operating systems."
  • "The core of the operating system needs work to become more stable and less complex. The need to occasionally re-install should not be necessary."

What is our primary use case?

I am using Windows 10 together with Ubuntu Linux as an operating system.

What is most valuable?

I am in the technical, IT area. I love the new Windows subsystem for Linux. Version two came out recently. I like the new functionality and mostly the better integration between the networks and the Windows 10 core system.

I also like that Windows is great for gaming. The gaming experience may actually be the thing that I like the most personally.

What needs improvement?

I always compare products with the competition or what open-source products are doing. I would love for Microsoft to provide or participate in more open-source projects. They could do more expansion with less R&D and learn from what other developers do.

The Windows interface could be much more flexible from a perspective of the user's experience. If you compare other operating systems to the standard Windows desktop experience, the level of configuration for Windows is not so great. You should be able to do more to customize it from the way it looks to the way it performs.

What I also do not likes is the core of the Windows architecture. The registries and complexities that may help it to run fast also lead to issues, latent files, and other issues. Everyone who uses the product knows about having to reinstall Windows. This problem is something that still exists in the latest versions. The operating system works against itself and becomes slower after months of usage. The lag is more apparent if you install a lot of different applications. Eventually, this causes more serious issues and you need to reinstall the operating system. This is not something that you ever have to do on a Linux operating system. Linux is much more flexible. It is much cleaner and it is much easier to configure to your needs.

One other issue I have with Microsoft — more than just the Windows operating system — is the lack of compatibility of their productivity tools suite. Nowadays, most people cannot live without their Office applications. Microsoft is the leader in this. Their Office products are not supported on Linux. In my opinion, the real reason people are still using Windows is not that it is a great operating system, it is because of the integrated productivity tools and familiarity.

For Windows, the core of the operating system needs improvement from the perspective of flexibility and stability.

As far as additional features, it is hard to really pinpoint something that Windows is missing. I think from a feature perspective and as a mature product, they are already pretty feature-heavy. They essentially have everything that a person could need and I do believe that Microsoft is doing a great job from the perspective of continually providing new features.

I would prefer that they further developed the possibility of running other operating system applications. I like the features we got from Windows 10 to help incorporate the use of the Linux system. But I would love it if they made the effort to further expand on that.

So the ability to better integrate with and run other operating systems would be a nice addition.

I have been using the Windows OS product since Windows 3.1 or 3.11. So, I have more than 15 years of experience with Windows. We have been working with Windows 10 for about four years.

In general, the stability of the Windows operating system has greatly improved over the years. The latest versions of Windows 10 is the most improved and it is much better than it was. It still has room for improvement.

We currently have about 250 people using Windows 10 in our organization. There is no real scalability concern.

I am an ex-Microsoft employee, so I do have experience with technical support for Microsoft and the Windows 10 product. The guys on that team are great. They are certainly going out and doing their best. They are helpful. They have made a huge improvement over the last few years. They changed a lot of things in the process of how they work with customers. But honestly, I very rarely open a ticket related to Windows 10. I do not find a need for that. I am in the IT field. I fix issues all the time by myself if I have any with the operating system.

But the support team is helpful and improved.

The installation is very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Any advice I have for people considering this product depends on the use case. I would definitely recommend using Windows 10 as an operating system and a familiar choice. But I would definitely also recommend trying other operating systems. It is very important to know what other operating systems have to offer. This one operating system has massive dominance on the market and I do not like the way that 90% of the people are using only Microsoft products without even considering anything else. It is limiting. So my advice is: learn more about other desktop experiences and try Linux as well to see the differences and what it has to offer.

On the scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Windows 10 as an eight-out-of-ten. Eight is a good rating but Windows can be better.

Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,721 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ItishaYadav
Data Scientist at Instant systems Inc.
Scalable with good stability, however it needs a better system for initiating updates

• "The solution is scalable. If an organization needs to expand it out, they shouldn't run into issues doing so."
  • "The only thing which concerns me is updates. It gets updated often. Sometimes, however, it automatically gets updated. That is an issue. It can happen when you do not want it to be done. It's possible it can start and your files are not saved. They may be open while your laptop enters sleep mode. Then, when you re-open the computer to continue work, it all of a sudden decides to update, destroying your work."

What is most valuable?

I don't know if I can discuss the solution in relation to other Windows versions, however, I can compare it to other OS like Unbuntu. For example, it's quite a secure operating system. The ease with which you can download different Python libraries is very good there.

If you're a developer, you can do everything with the help of the Command Prompt and console.

What needs improvement?

I'm more into artificial intelligence and the data science side. So I do not like Windows that much.

Setting up the environment variable, etc., needs improvement. This is true not only for Windows 10 but for Windows as a whole. It is currently a huge mess. Due to this, working with many libraries and packages becomes a difficult task. If they could find a better solution or a replacement for environment variables, I'd be extremely happy.

Once I accidentally did something that erased hidden folders on the C drive. It caused a lot of issues. Windows got corrupted on me. They should work to ensure that it isn't possible to accidentally delete these files or there should be a replica for them on the hard disc or something of that nature.

Google has functionality whereby if you have your email ID open on your phone, on your Android phone, that means you can sync everything on your Google drive. The same thing should be provided by Microsoft. I do not think Microsoft provides a dedicated account to every valid Windows holder. This should be done so that everything you have on your local system should be somehow in synchronization with the cloud. That way, if something happens, like your laptop is stolen, or your laptop is corrupted all of a sudden, your data is not misplaced. You have your data somewhere. A sync with the cloud service should be available.

I've been using the solution for seven to eight months at this point. It's been less than a year.

Windows 10 is a stable solution; it provides everything. There's a good Windows store where you can go and get your apps. There are other things also that Microsoft provides as well. For example, on Windows, you can download a virtual machine. If you want to use Ubuntu, as I do, due to the fact that I am more comfortable with Ubuntu, you can download the VM there on Windows and start with your work.

Everything is provided by Windows, and things are stable. If I talk about Windows only, in between OS such as Linux, then I'd say Linux is better. However, overall, Windows 10 is pretty reliable.

So far I haven't had to reach out to technical support; I can't speak to its quality of service or the level of responsiveness to queries.

I have experience with Unbuntu as well. I used Unbuntu about a year back. Now I'm using Windows for data science. Initially, I used Ubuntu for data science. So I've used both the platforms.

The commands are very good and very easy in Ubuntu as compared to Windows. In Windows, you'll have to do a lot of things. You need to, for example set the environment variable, etc., which is not necessary in Ubuntu. You can directly download and put it in your user directory. You can also utilize the services from there. So I would say from the developer's point of view, and from an AI practitioner's point of view, Linux Ubuntu is a good option to go for.

While I found that the initial setup was very straightforward on Linux's Ubuntu, it was a bit complex and much harder in Windows. It's not straightforward per se.

I haven't used Windows 10  for deployment. I've used the Linux machine only. Deploying on Ubuntu won't take much of a time. It's very easy.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with the vendor.

I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm using currently is.

Windows 10 is quite a stable version of the solution. If you compare it with Windows 8, it is much, much better. If one wants to use Windows as an operating system, I would recommend it. If one is more comfortable with other operating systems, they can run it in a virtual machine and give partition on Windows so that half of the memory is allocated for other OS.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

MY
IT at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
A stable solution that allows for effective management and boasts a built-in antivirus firewall

• "Windows 10 is unique in that it comes with its own antivirus firewall, which obviates the need to purchase one separately."
  • "I would prefer to see an OS that is lighter."

What is our primary use case?

I can't really speak of a use case per say. Anything on a computer requires an operating system to run it and this is where Windows 10 comes in.

What is most valuable?

First off, I would count stability as a valuable feature. Then, I would mention Microsoft's effective management.

Moreover, Windows 10 is unique in that it comes with its own antivirus firewall, which obviates the need to purchase one separately. Although we have an antivirus enterprise, the Windows 10 antivirus and anti-spam features can be relied on in their own right.

Take me, for example. I don't have an antivirus solution on my personal computer at home, but rely on the feature that comes with Windows 10. I have had no issues with the security. At work we make use of Symantec as our official antivirus solution and this is to provide the company with extra security measures.

So, out of the box, you can get a stable, efficient and secure solution in Windows 10.

What needs improvement?

I would prefer to see an OS that is lighter. We are currently in the process of reviewing the OS and it seems we can get away with using it without the need to pay a license fee. We are talking about a UNIX server OS that is very light and can be installed on any device, even a tension one, such as a PC. If this can be used to run things effectively then it means that the OS is really good. We're going to test it in the areas of security, functionality and adaptability to the environment. I need to be integrated to an active directory.

So these are some of the models and key features that we're going to test to see if we can install them in our environments, get them working with our active directory, and examine if our solution, our applications, are compatible with them. If the OS can perform these key functions then perhaps we can consider getting laptops and computers that do not require OS or that come with three BSD, for example, which would allow us to do installation.

I don't know if I would recommend Windows 10. The resource consumption can stand improvement. Much memory is used up and this quickly leads to the CPU running out.

The operating system should be optimized to a point where it manages RAM and re-computes computer resources much more effectively. When an application is running on Windows 10 it has a tendency to consume the entire RAM. Once optimized, very weak machines would be able to effectively run Windows 10. If, for example, one were running a graphics intensive application on Windows 10, the entire memory would tend to be consumed, the application would drag and the RAM would be insufficient to run it. A terminal check would demonstrate that even the functionality of Windows 10 would be excessively consuming the resources of the system.

I cannot say for certain for how long I have been using Windows 10, although I do know that it has been a long time, perhaps since 2016.

The solution is stable.

I'm satisfied with the solution's technical support.

The solution is pretty straightforward and easy to install.

Deployment does not take more than 15 minutes, give or take. 90 percent of the systems we purchase come with Windows 10 pre-installed. The process is pretty easy. One just need follow the prompts and put in his region, time, zone and preferred language. The next step is to join the domain, at which point the user is built and work can commence.

While installation can be done independently, it would really be up to the IT department to get this done.

What other advice do I have?

There is currently no integration of which to speak concerning Windows 10. It is a workstation ware.

The solution is also deployed on-premises. It basically serves as a workstation OS. This is the OS I want, one for use as a normal office work tool.

I use the solution on my personal PC and also in my organization for its purposes of laptop billing.

Everybody's PC runs on Windows 10. We are talking about more than 500 users.

I would definitely recommend the solution to others. It is about the best OS obtainable at present.

As Windows 10 consumes a lot of resources I will rate it as an eight out of ten.

NS
Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to set up and use with a very nice GUI

• "The product is quite user-friendly and easy to navigate."
  • "The security could be improved. I have had colleagues who have gotten their files corrupted somehow."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this operating system for all of the functionality on offer. We have different machines on which we are using Eggplant to perform the functional testing. All those machines are currently on Windows 10 only since users have been using Windows 10 already, and it's quite user-friendly.

In all the cases where machines are present, we are performing the test over Windows 10 and using this Eggplant with all the different types of applications for the functionality users. Based on those tests, we are capturing data.

How has it helped my organization?

In the previous versions, you could get a copy of data or pirated data also, however, with Windows 10, as it is genuine software, it helped us a lot in avoiding this. It also has added security features and auto-updates. The upgrading of the software is very easy now.

What is most valuable?

The product is quite user-friendly and easy to navigate.

The GUI is quite impressive. We don't need to go into any command-line interface. Most of the things you can use with the click of a mouse.

The initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we getting slowness issues while performing some heavy operations. We aren't multitasking or anything, however, some heavy load is there. In those times, Windows 10 is not responding as we would like it to. They need to improve this.

As of now, I haven't seen many ain points per see. However, whether we're upgrading the software or clearing the cache, it would help us if the solution was more responsive.

I've been using the solution for maybe three or four years.

It's quite stable and is easy to work with as you don't need very special skills.

As of now, I haven't had any downtime or any blockage due to the software or OS. Of course, the slowness issue sometimes stops us a lot. The upgrades can be frustrating as they sometimes start an update when we are working. If it's between the working times, it's not a problem.

It is quite easy to integrate add-on solutions and we've found that the scalability is fine in Windows 10. You don't have to do anything extra in that we can install easily, and we can use the software easily wherever it's required.

Within my team, my project, all of us are using Windows 10 since the project itself is dependent on Windows 10. We have around 10 people on our project. We are senior consultants, test engineers, test analysts, project managers, and test analysts.

We haven't reached out to technical support. Right now, things are running smoothly and therefore there's no reason to be in touch. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

Previously, we may have been using Windows 7. We haven't used a different operating system. It's always been Microsoft.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not a complex process at all.

We have an in-built, permanent license. I can't speak to how much it costs our company.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user.

I would recommend this solution. It's not ideal for very heavy projects, however, for moderate or medium-type of projects that do not have a very heavy load or too much multitasking, Windows 10 is excellent.

Windows 10 makes for pretty comfortable working. It doesn't need users to be experienced in anything. If you want to start a new thing with Windows 10 OS, you don't need to worry about that. You can get into it easily. You don't need to have knowledge of any specific things so that you can catch up with the solution and how to use it easily.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

WK
Founder, President & COO at a analyst firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A versatile operating system from the most valuable company in the world

• "My impression is that the security via windows defender is good enough that I no longer feel a need for another third-party security solution."
  • "Everything's tied-in via Bluetooth; it's kind of a pain in the ass because it hijacks your calls."

What is our primary use case?

My laptop is my work and life laptop. I'm a small business owner — my laptop is my lifeblood. More recently, with all this COVID stuff and remote learning, I had to repurpose a couple of my older laptops that deprecated out of my own personal use; I made them suitable for my kids to use for online education. That's what led me to upgrade them from Windows seven to Windows 10.

Everybody in my company uses Windows 10.

Our entire DevOps team works on Microsoft machines. I suppose there are hip little companies out there that use Apple products — that's ineffable to me. I think Windows has done a good job of addressing a lot of concerns around stability and computational inefficiency. It used to be the case that when you were doing more complex, high-intensity computing, you probably needed to be on Linux machines. I don't think that's as true as it used to be. I know smart people that use Apple, but it blows my mind.

What is most valuable?

My impression is that the security via windows defender is good enough that I no longer feel a need for another third-party security solution, which had always been the case in the past. I think that perception still holds true. I might be wrong about that, but prior to Windows 10, I always felt obliged to go with, Norton or McAfee as an additional anti-virus service. So, I began reading reviews and got comfortable with the idea that Windows Defender as a primary security system was good enough.

What needs improvement?

I don't like a lot of the features that are in it. I'm still somewhat archaic in that I like the form-factor of a traditional laptop: I don't want to touch my screen; I don't want it to behave like a tablet; I don't want it to bend in weird ways that I'm never actually going to use. There are a lot of features in Windows 10 that seem to be designed for it to be deployed on a Window's surface or something like that. I don't want that Cortana voice feature. I don't need to talk to my laptop. The phone application where you can integrate your smartphone with it so that you can directly view images that are on your phone, that feature sucks. Everything's tied-in via Bluetooth; it's kind of a pain in the ass because it hijacks your calls.

I have been using Windows 10 for roughly two and a half years.

Stability-wise, it's pretty good. I put it through its paces more than most people. Outlook doesn't integrate nearly well enough with Google Mail Servers. I think that's more than a Microsoft Office issue than windows. Still, when you host your mail on Google (I host with Google but I use Outlook as an email client), the integration is poor. Google or Outlook issue some new updates once every couple of months that make them play worse together for a week. It's kind of annoying. I think it's a conscious business decision though. I suspect foul play on both sides.

As I use Windows 10 for personal use, I can't comment on the scalability.

The only thing I've ever used Window's tech support for was to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, which you're able to do for free. Which is cool.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward — it's Windows. Microsoft is one of the largest, most valuable companies in the world despite not being ever seen as cool, newer, sexy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to go ahead and use Windows 10. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

MJ
Information Security Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Stable and scalable with good security features

• "The latest versions of the solution have increased their level of stability. It's quite good now."
  • "The solution should offer a bit of an easier integration with authentication methods, like FIDO or FIDO2 authentication with the USB-C. They should try to simplify the process of authenticating the user. Nobody wants to remember thousands of passwords."

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is the vast integration of PowerShell to help automate the community and every system maintenance task.

The solution has implemented security capabilities quite well. There is a new technology that allows you to put your security credentials in the EPM module has been great.

The initial setup is easy.

What needs improvement?

The patch deployment in corporate enterprises could be improved in a way to specify when the system will update and to prevent users from interacting with this system during the actual updates. If you have a system running in a production facility, the user is only able to access a dedicated application when you then update the system, the application has to be stopped. When this happens, the system is open for manipulation. Microsoft should invest more in a way to protect users from interacting with this system during the update process.

It's a very edge case. It's really important for us. I know some other production facilities. There are some third party solutions in place which tried to tackle this issue, but it would be better if Microsoft directly addressed it on their own.

The solution should offer a bit of an easier integration with authentication methods, like FIDO or FIDO2 authentication with the USB-C. They should try to simplify the process of authenticating the user. Nobody wants to remember thousands of passwords.

I've been using the solution for three years so far.

Windows 10 is really stable now. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable.

In the case of scalability, it would be easy to expand the solution. It is quite straightforward to execute on scalability. A company shouldn't have trouble with it when they need to expand.

Currently, we have about 8,000 users on the solution.

I've never personally contacted technical support. We often try to contact more third-party support services. I can't remember any direct contact with support, so I can't speak to the quality of services that they provide.

We have used a lot of Linux's systems, however not for clients. In the past, for end user computing, like running workstations, we already used Windows 10. It was Windows 7 before that.

The initial setup is a very straightforward process. It's not complex. It's easy to deploy and users are adapting to it quickly. The whole process is very fast.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Microsoft.

The Microsoft ecosystem works really well when I have an active directory and am using Microsoft Outlook, Exchange, etc. They interact really well together.

In regards to the solution being cost-effective, I would say the latest technologies from Microsoft have an administrative system that is much easier than running IBM. It's now so well interconnected that if you're trying to migrate to the cloud it's easy.

Microsoft really tries to fill all of a company's technical needs, which works really well.

I would rate the solution a solid nine out of ten.

It's really great. Microsoft has done a lot to improve their offerings over the last few years. You can still improve every product somehow. They could always add more features and continuously refine the product. However, at this point, it's working really well for us.

Jeizer Marinho
Team Leader at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
Stable, easy and quick to install, good enterprise support but the Windows support needs improvement

• "As a Microsoft Tester, I like enabling the Microsoft Hyper-V and running the Virtual Machines for testing purposes."
  • "If Microsoft could find a way to better manage updates and patches, that could be more useful for end users, which would be good."

I like Windows products.

What needs improvement?

Some time ago we had Windows Forms, but it did not perform well enough and Microsoft ended up terminating that area of the business.

I believe that it would be beneficial to introduce Windows Forms back into the solution to have a better experience transitioning from a desktop to a mobile version.

Currently, we are experiencing a lot of activities from hackers. People trying to break into the networks to access our data. This is an issue that is causing concern. I don't see a way of making it better or different. This became a large business for hackers.

It would be great to have a more secure interface, especially in a business environment of critical content. For example, our company has a very high level of governance and security procedures.

There are many updates on a monthly basis. I understand that is how Microsoft helps their customers to manage and be secure with regard to Cyberattacks that we may experience. From a user's perspective, it's not a good experience. From an IT perspective, I know how important those things are.

It should be something that runs more in the background where it is not seen and has less of an impact than they usually have.

When we roll out any Microsoft patch across the Network which is done every Thursday, it had not seen a few computers having issues. That's bringing us X amount of work because we need to remediate the user's issue and all those things.

From an IT perspective, I would like something similar to Splunk where it has some type of visibility, or provide the user with power, or something that we could enable. For example, if we were attacked, we could enable something or download something as a part of the Microsoft portfolio to provide us with more visibility about the threat that is floating around.

I have been working with Windows 10 since it's been on the market.

My opinion is that Windows 10 is very stable.

I have not had many opportunities to contact technical support but have a few times.

My last contact with them was regarding server versions, which involved Exchange 2013, and few other things, and also about Windows 10 support.

My experience with enterprise support was good and we didn't have any issues, but specifically with Windows 10, it's wasn't a good experience.

Microsoft should have the same level of service. I was expecting more from Microsoft.

We are also working with all Microsoft operational systems, from Windows 10 to Windows Servers, Active Directory, and Office 365.

I have worked with Windows since Windows 95 and it has changed a lot. It is very quick to deploy.

It is different when you analyze things and think in a more technical way, but even a non-technical person could install Windows from scratch with no issues.

What other advice do I have?

I am currently studying for Microsoft Administrator, but I don't have hands-on experience with Key Vault.

I would recommend Windows 10 to others who are interested in using it.

The Microsoft portfolio is quite large. It is difficult to think of what Microsoft hasn't already developed so far.

I would rate Windows 10 a seven out of ten.

Download our free Windows 10 Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.