MK
Collaboration Specialist at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Integrates with everything that I am using, gives me everything as a user, and allows me to easily sort apps

• "I like the main window pane where you can sort your mostly used and different types of apps, such as OneDrive, Google Chrome, and Access. I can just open up the main window, and those apps are right there at my fingertips. I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it took me a little while to get used to Windows 10, but once I got used to it, I do like it. It integrates with everything that I am using, and it gives me everything that I need as a user."
  • "It takes a lot of hard drive space when you're using it. I also have Windows 10 on my personal computer, and it does take up an awful lot of hard drive space. This is probably something about which nothing can be done, and it is just a pet peeve of mine."

What is our primary use case?

It is on my laptop, and it is given to me as an employee. My Windows did an update last night, so I am sure I have its latest version. I also have it on my personal computer.

What is most valuable?

I like the main window pane where you can sort your mostly used and different types of apps, such as OneDrive, Google Chrome, and Access. I can just open up the main window, and those apps are right there at my fingertips. I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it took me a little while to get used to Windows 10, but once I got used to it, I do like it.

What needs improvement?

It takes a lot of hard drive space when you're using it. I also have Windows 10 on my personal computer, and it does take up an awful lot of hard drive space. This is probably something about which nothing can be done, and it is just a pet peeve of mine.

I have been using Windows 10 for three years.

I have not gone to tech support. I never had a problem.

The setup is easy. There are always patches that go out. I've been selling Office 365 to customers, and there are always patches. That's just the way Microsoft does things, but the one positive thing is that when things are recognized, patches do get done fairly fast, and then they're sent out. In my official case, they're sent out to my IT department. In my personal case, the patches are done automatically.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Windows 10 an eight out of ten.

SB
Architect at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
User-friendly and is updated regularly, but the security needs to be improved

• "It is easy to operate and perform any tasks."
  • "If you need servers to be deployed in a production environment then you definitely want to look at a different operating system."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service company and we use a variety of products that are guided by the clients' requirements. Windows 10 is one of the operating systems that we use for this.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that it is user-friendly. It is easy to operate and perform any tasks.

It is easy to train others in the use of Windows 10.

What needs improvement?

If you need servers to be deployed in a production environment then you definitely want to look at a different operating system. From an end-user point of view, I don't see in issues in using Windows.

Improvements should be made to security, making it more resistant to hacking and malware.

I have been using Windows 10 for more than five years.

If you are looking at production systems then you are definitely going to have an issue with Windows. For normal users that don't require much in terms of system capacity, it is okay. It is quite manageable from the perspective of a normal user.

We are a small organization and everybody uses Windows.

We also use Linux, depending on the client.

The initial setup is straightforward and easy to understand.

What other advice do I have?

They have been evolving Windows 10 since it was released. Every time we open it, there is something new. It used to be that email and other utilities were on the system, but now they are cloud-based. Whether the older or newer interfaces are better, or not, doesn't matter because you get used to it and move along.

In summary, Windows 10 is a good operating system and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,358 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PradeepKumar11
IT Manager at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to implement, quick to deploy, and simple to use

• "The performance is decent. I don't see many incidents of it crashing."
  • "Compared to Ubuntu or other products, I don't consider the operating system to be that great in terms of stability."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution on all of the company desktops and laptops. We use it for running personal and business applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

The performance is decent. I don't see many incidents of it crashing.

The installation is easy and the deployment is pretty quick.

What needs improvement?

I wouldn't describe the solution as scalable.

We've been using this solution for seven or eight years at this point.

The stability of the product isn't as good as, for example, Ubuntu. That said, I rarely deal with it crashing.

The solution does not really scale.

We have about 5,000 users that use this product in our organization.

We have internal support which is good and we get it pretty fast when we need it.

We have a combination of Microsoft Windows, Oracle Linux, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. We used to use Windows 7 and we've since updated everything to Windows 10.

The installation is straightforward and it only takes about 40 minutes to deploy.

I can handle the implementation process myself. I do not need outside assistance from integrators or consultants.

You do have to pay in order to use the solution, however, it is a one-time fee. You do not have to worry about daily or monthly licensing costs.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I would recommend this product to other users and companies.

VP
Managing Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A stable and reliable operating system

• "The latest laptop I've got can turn into a tablet. Windows automatically changes to a tablet view — that's been a pretty good feature."
  • "Stability-wise, it's okay. Sometimes my laptop slows down when I have a lot of applications open, but this could be a laptop issue rather than a Windows 10 issue."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for general email processing, communication, and collaboration tools like Teams, etc. I am an IT consultant — we all use Windows 10, PowerPoint, and other productivity tools.

What is most valuable?

Just the general ability to run programs has been nice. There isn't anything in particular that jumps out.

As the security patches are pushed out by our IT, I don't even notice when there's a new upgrade required. With the previous versions, you always had to restart your machine quite often in order to perform an upgrade. I don't really notice that so much now.

What needs improvement?

As far as improvement is concerned, nothing particularly comes to mind. It generally works quite well.

I have been using Windows 10 since it was released.

Stability-wise, it's okay. Sometimes my laptop slows down when I have a lot of applications open, but this could be a laptop issue rather than a Windows 10 issue.

I have never had to contact technical support.

Windows 10 was already incorporated into my computer when I bought it. All I had to do was enter my work email address and then it automatically did the rest.

The initial configuration probably takes less than an hour. In the background, it continues to pull more and more data and information through.

Other than any patches that are required, I don't believe there is any maintenance required — not that I'm aware of.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Windows 10 to others. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Windows 10 a rating of ten.

GA
Owner with 11-50 employees
Reliable, easy to install, and has a good search feature

• "The Windows Store concept, in my opinion, is valuable."
  • "It's difficult to determine the source of an issue when it comes to performance."

What is our primary use case?

Windows 10 is our operating system. We use it to run Studio IDE which is the software we use to develop the software.

What is most valuable?

The most useful element of this solution is its search capabilities.

The Windows Store concept, in my opinion, is valuable.

What needs improvement?

Allowing us to follow up by email, for example, might improve the company approval process. The workflow could be improved.

It's difficult to determine the source of an issue when it comes to performance. There is room for improvement in troubleshooting.

It's not always easy to use Microsoft Teams through the browser or an app. When there is a collaborative meeting, they should make it easier for the user to connect right away. When we get an invitation from someone outside, we have a hard time accepting it.

I have been using Windows 10 for approximately three years.

We are always using the latest version, it updates automatically.

Although Windows 10 receives regular upgrades, we have experienced performance issues on occasion.

This version of Windows is stable.

Windows 10 is scalable, in my opinion.

I have not contacted technical support.

I've used prior versions of Windows, and I believe Windows 10 has improved stability.

I found the initial setup to be simple.

It took 30 minutes to complete the first installation.

I was able to complete the installation myself.

The license for Windows 10 was included when we purchased our notebook.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering it.

I would rate Windows 10 a nine out of ten.

NT
Senior Consultant at a mining and metals company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, stable and scalable

• "We are satisfied with this operating system."
  • "Windows 10 consumes a lot of RAM, which is inconvenient."

What is our primary use case?

We use Windows 10 as our operating system.

We primarily use it to run Microsoft Office and collaborate with various Microsoft apps. Specifically, Outlook and Teams.

What is most valuable?

For the productivity suite, Microsoft Office is what we use.

We are satisfied with this operating system.

It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Windows 10 consumes a lot of RAM, which is inconvenient. Your machine will be slower if your device is underpowered and you have to open five or six different apps. With Windows 10, this is a challenge.

If Windows is able to allocate RAM judiciously in those scenarios, you can continue to work with multiple windows open without experiencing any slowdown. This is one area that needs to be improved.

The RAM is a persistent issue with Windows 10. It slows the system down.

I'm not sure when Windows 10 was first implemented at the company, but I started in April and have been using it ever since.

Most of the time it is stable.

Windows 10 is a scalable product.

I am working in a large enterprise. We have more than 5,000 users.

I have not personally contacted technical support. If there are some issues, I send the request to the IT department. They make the necessary improvements for the changes.

My experience has been good.

We use SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Outlook.

I personally do not use the Microsft Authenticator to connect to the VPN, but others are using it.

I was not involved with the setup of Windows 10, it is done by our IT department.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this system to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate, Windows 10 an eight out of ten.

RC
VP (IT) at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
A stable, scalable and easily installable solution which boasts good performance and easy use

• "I like the stability, the performance and the ease of use."
  • "It would be nice to have more integration with other platforms, something which is always welcome."

What is our primary use case?

We use Windows 10 for our personal applications.

What is most valuable?

I like the stability, the performance and the ease of use. We have not had any problems with the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite stable, a feature which I like.

The solution is scalable.

We have not contacted technical support, although we are entitled to premium support when needed.

With most of our users we use Windows 10. When it comes to some of the older versions, we go with Windows Symantec.

The installation is quite straightforward.

I do not know how long it took.

I believe that the technical team involved in the installation consists of a large number when one accounts for the developers.

Perhaps an additional 20 or 25 people are required for the deployment. This obviously depends on innumerable factors, such as the number of end users or servers involved or how many instances of the operating system are running.

The price could possibly be improved, although I cannot know this for certain.

I do not know the specifics of the licensing terms, as we are talking about an enterprise arrangement of which I am not involved.

While I have not contacted technical support, we are entitled to premium support when needed.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is fine as is. I do not see shortcomings in it.

Windows PATH has been used exclusively.

I rate Windows 10 as a nine out of ten.

Fatih Altunbas
IT Solutions Architect at nds Netzwerksysteme GmbH
Reliable and well-known, but licensing could be improved

• "The usability is satisfactory."
  • "Windows explorer does not support two windows systems."

What is our primary use case?

While we use this solution, we also sell it.

We sell Windows, and we install it for our customers.

What is most valuable?

It is well-known. I use it because everyone is using it.

The usability is satisfactory.

What needs improvement?

Windows explorer does not support two Windows systems. For example, in Mac OS, you can open tabs such as your windows browsers, and you can switch between devices or file systems. This can't be done in Windows Explorer. You have to open two separate windows and you can only do this when your monitor is large enough, or if you have more than one monitor.

The licensing should be more flexible.

I have been using Windows 10 since it was released.

Windows 10 is a stable product.

We have not reached out to technical support. If Windows has a problem, we can usually fix it ourselves. We also rely on Google for assistance.

In private, I use Mac OS, which I prefer to Windows 10.

I have used several operating systems, as well as Outlook, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Planner.

I do not install this solution, my technical colleagues install it.

The licensing fees could be more flexible.

Some of the issues we're having are when your company wants a license or when we don't know if that license can be merged. It is extremely difficult for Microsoft as a company because Microsoft is based in the United States and we live in Germany. We also have other options available here. In this regard, Microsoft is very rigid and unforgiving.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Windows 10 a seven out of ten.