EmanTaky
Senior System Administrator at KnowledgeNet
A flexible and stable solution with good performance, but updates should be faster and easier

• "The performance works very well and the solution is flexible and stable."
  • "The updates are excessively long and take an entire hour during startup, which is ridiculous."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest version.

I use the solution as an operating system for my notebook.

What is most valuable?

The performance works very well and the solution is flexible and stable.

What needs improvement?

The updates are excessively long and take an entire hour during startup, which is ridiculous. The solution also does not provide the option of installing updates. There should be an option to restart without needing an update.

I don't like the problem with the updates. The user must restart after downloading an update, but no option is given to do the installation at a later point. This means that the user is faced with the choice of either restarting when he updates or shutting down when he does so. With the former this can take an hour to an hour-and-a-half. This makes no sense.

In short, the updates could be faster and better performing.

While Microsoft does a good job, this is an issue which must be addressed.

I have been using Windows 10 since its release in 2015.

The solution is scalable.

The solution is stable.

I don't have any issues with the technical support. It's good.

The installation is very easy.

It takes no more than a few minutes.

I handled the implementation on my own. \

We already have a license for Windows 10 in our role as Microsoft partners.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

Doan Viet Duc
Technical Manager at Sunivy
Good customization and good from a technical perspective but is difficult for non-technical users

• "The customization of the solution is easy."
  • "It would be ideal if the solution itself was less technical so a person like myself could more easily access it and understand it."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for work purposes.

What is most valuable?

From a technical perspective, it's very good.

The customization of the solution is easy.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure of any shortcomings with the solution, however, I myself am not very technical.

I've been using the solution for five years at this point.

The stability of the solution is very good. We don't have issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's good and reliable.

The solution can scale well. If a company needs to scale it, it should be able to do so without a problem.

We have about ten people using the product currently.

I've never directly contacted technical support, therefore, I can't speak to their level of knowledge or responsiveness.

It's my understanding that the initial setup is not straightforward. It's a bit difficult.

If I recall correctly, the deployment process took about two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

We're a seller of Microsoft and we also use the product as well. In our country, one of the main products is Microsoft and many businesses use it.

I don't really have enough experience to really make a strong recommendation for the solution.

Overall, I would rate the solution six out of ten. We don't use it so much.

Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
KH
Data Solution Architect at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, easy to install, and simple to use

What is our primary use case?

We use Windows 10 for personal applications and for selections of networking for our clients.

What is most valuable?

It's very simple to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the price reduced.

I have been using Windows 10 for approximately three years.

Windows 10 is a very stable product. We don't have any issues with the stability of this solution, now with the new patches that have been added.

As Windows 10 is an operating system, there is no need to scale it. We use Windows 10 for both technologies, personal and for clients. We have approximately 2,000 users in our organization…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It's very simple to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the price reduced.

I have been using Windows 10 for approximately three years.

As Windows 10 is an operating system, there is no need to scale it.

We use Windows 10 for both technologies, personal and for clients.

We have approximately 2,000 users in our organization who are using this solution.

We have not contacted technical support for Windows 10. We have not had the need to contact Windows technical support. We have not had any issues.

We have always been using Windows. We have been upgrading as Windows evolves. We used Windows XP, then Windows created Windows 7, 8, and now 10.

It was easy to install Windows 10. It took approximately 30 minutes to install.

We have a team of six administrators to maintain this solution.

I completed the installation myself. I did not use the help of a consultant or integrator.

They could provide better pricing for the licensing.

It's a one-time payment when you purchase the system.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Windows 10 an eight out of ten.

MC
Engineer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, simple to set up, and pretty stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for running our applications.

What is most valuable?

For basic use, the solution is very stable and the performance is good. It's a product that is easy to use. The initial setup is pretty simple.

What needs improvement?

While the stability is okay, it could always be better. The product needs to be able to scale a bit more effectively.

I've been using the solution for a couple of years.

The product is very stable. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable and the performance is good.

The scalability needs to be better. I'm not…

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for running our applications.

What is most valuable?

For basic use, the solution is very stable and the performance is good.

It's a product that is easy to use.

The initial setup is pretty simple.

What needs improvement?

While the stability is okay, it could always be better.

The product needs to be able to scale a bit more effectively.

I've been using the solution for a couple of years.

The scalability needs to be better.

I'm not sure how many people are using the solution in our organization at this time. It's somewhere between a hundred and a thousand.

I've been in touch with technical support and find them to be decent. I have no complaints.

The installation process is very straightforward. It's not difficult or complex. It's very easy.

I've done a few deployments at this point. I'm pretty comfortable with the process.

I cannot recall how long the deployment takes, however.

I do not pay for a full license.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. It's good for basic use.

I'm more of a Mac user and therefore don't really prefer Windows 10, although it's not a bad product.

AH
Group Network Specialist at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Feature rich, stable and scalable operating system

• "In terms of most valuable feature, it has all the features. We have to use the workforce application like Microsoft Office 365. We are dependent on the operating system."
  • "In terms of what could be improved, I would say the security patches. The security patches do not come very frequently with the operating systems."

What is our primary use case?

The use case is that it is an operating system. People use Windows as an operating system. If you have a laptop at home, you may operate from it. We use desktop machines in our organizations and every user has a Windows operating system.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, I would say the security patches. The security patches do not come very frequently with the operating systems. So this requires a lot of improvement because the security patches only come every now and then.

We started using Windows 10 four to five years ago. Before that we had Windows 7.

Windows 10 is stable. There's no doubt about it.

The scalability is good. From one to five, I would give it a four.

Right now we have 1,000 plus people working on it.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I wold advise them to check out the licensing, which needs improvement. They should consider it because the Microsoft operating system works with Microsoft Office license. We have to pay separately. I think they should prepare a package, with the operating system and the M365 license combined and there should be a big, good, and attractive package for the customers. This would be an improvement on the product.

On a scale of one to ten I would give Windows 10 an eight.

MM
Solution Analyst/SQL Developer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Run several apps and programs simultaneously

• "Stability-wise, it's fine."

What is our primary use case?

I use windows 10 for personal usage both at work and while studying.

What is most valuable?

I enjoy the search feature; you can just start typing what you're looking for and the answer just pops up, right away. Bluetooth works really well with it. It's really easy to navigate and find what you're looking for.

I have been using Windows 10 for roughly two to three years.

Stability-wise, it's fine. I can't comment on the scalability as I've not really tried to change the performance capabilities — I only run it on one device.

I have never had to contact technical support. As for documentation, if you need some help you can just search the internet. It's pretty easy to find information on some of the forums or to get some answers via Microsoft's webpages.

The initial setup was quite straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I think I'd recommend it. With Linux, you really need to have some kind of programming background or something, and it really depends on what you are using it for, but for general usage, I think Windows is more comfortable. You can control it via the user interface.

In general, I think it's pretty comfortable. It's very comparable — I'd recommend Windows 10.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Windows 10 a rating of eight.

I can't think of any disadvantages right now but I can't give it a higher rating because it's not perfect. That's why I chose eight.

AB
    Technician at a government with 10,001+ employees
    Had a good set of applications that people are familiar with, but the stability could be improved

• "The most valuable feature is the set of multiple applications that are available."
    • "There could be more information available online for PowerShell."

What is our primary use case?

Windows 10 is the operating system that I use.

What is most valuable?

Every application has a place in Windows and it is good that most people in most companies know exactly where to find them.

I use Windows PowerShell, which runs the DOS commands. It is a little bit complicated but it still runs.

What needs improvement?

The stability could be improved, as I've had issues where it's crash or frozen.

Some of the command-line utilities could be a little cleaner.

There could be more information available online for PowerShell. It has a lot, but there can never be enough of that.

I have been using Windows 10 for between two and three years.

The stability is something that should be improved.

Scalability-wise, it is good. Windows 10 can grow as big or be as small as you want it to be.

We are in a government office and we have a couple of thousand people who use it.

I have never dealt with Microsoft technical support.

We upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Several years ago, I worked with the old DOS system and I am still used to it.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is using Windows 10 is to make sure that you continue to do the updates and keep your patches up to date.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

NH
    IT Manager at a insurance company with 51-200 employees
    Easy to setup, but the patch security management updates could be faster

• "Windows 10 is stable."
    • "The updates take a lot of time to complete, and they could be faster."

What is our primary use case?

We use Windows 10 for our personal operating system on all of our desktops, laptops, and our tablets.

What needs improvement?

The main issue is related to the patch security management that is released. The updates take a lot of time to complete, and they could be faster.

We have been using Windows 10 for the last three to four years.

Windows 10 is stable.

We have approximately 150 users in our organization.

The technical support is fine. They have the help support and you can Google it to get your support.

We have only used Windows. All versions of Windows have been used such as Windows 95, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows 7.

The installation is straightforward. It's a guided installation that anyone can do.

We need a team of two or three people to maintain this solution.

We were able to complete the installation ourselves.

The pricing is expensive. When compared with other Operating Systems, such as Linux-based solutions, it's expensive.

When we purchase any computer, we purchase the software, the operating system, and the hardware.

It is bundled, but if you purchase it individually it's expensive.

The price could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

From an operating system perspective, I would rate Windows 10 a seven out of 10.

Download our free Windows 10 Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.