GR
Embedded Engineer at a manufacturing company with 11-50 employees
The interface is good, but the performance degrades with too many applications open at once

• "The most valuable features are the interface and the speed of switching between processes."
  • "of the problems with Windows 10 is that it hangs when you open multiple programs."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

One of the problems with Windows 10 is that it hangs when you open multiple programs. For example, if you are running 10 to 15 applications then the performance will slow down to something similar to Windows 7. Often, I will have Microsoft Office open, as well as my development tools, and once I have been using them for perhaps 20 minutes, everything slows down. Switching between applications at that point can take two or three minutes.

I have been having some trouble with the .NET framework and it took me a full day to install it. The problem seems to be that every time it connects to Microsoft online, it is different. After several attempts, I was finally able to succeed.

I have been using Windows 10 for about six months.

Other than the problem with having many applications open, it is stable. I haven't had any issues with the other functionality.

Most of the people in our company use Windows 10. Some have desktops and some have laptops.

I have not had to contact technical support. Any problems that I have had, I was able to solve on my own.

Windows 10 came pre-installed on my laptop and it was easy to set up. It only took a few minutes to do.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Windows 10 is a good operating system.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

RN
Lead Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
A stable and easily installable solution

• "The solution has good stability."
  • "The installation consumes a lot of space and the response time is not as fast as it should be."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for running our personal applications.

What is most valuable?

We find the performance to be the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if the solution were more lightweight, such as is the case with Windows XP. The installation consumes a lot of space and the response time is not as fast as it should be.

Moreover, the solution could have better performance.

We have been using Windows 10 from the get-go, perhaps for the last ten years.

The solution has good stability.

My guess is that the solution is scalable, although I have not had occasion to put this to the test.

Installation is straightforward.

It took under 30 minutes.

We handled the installation on our own.

There are two people who are responsible for deployment and maintenance, one being an administrator and the other an engineer.

While I am not the IT manager, I do know that the licensing costs comes with a subscription that is based on volume.

Prior to using, the solution we evaluated Linux, Windows and Ubuntu.

What other advice do I have?

We have 200 front desk users of the solution in our organization.

I would definitely recommend this product to others.

I rate Windows 10 as an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
542,029 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SK
Sr Principal Infrastructure Engineer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Has a good interface and offers good support

• "The most valuable feature is the interface."
  • "There are a lot of patches that are released frequently that always ask for a reboot. This causes errors and unpredictable actions on the computer. Sometimes it will get hot and reboot and all those kind of patches which will happen after an installation. That is something that needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I use MS Exchange, MS Office, and Azure Cloud. I'm a system administrator in my company, so I use all the software required for my regular activities.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the interface.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of patches that are released frequently that always ask for a reboot. This causes errors and unpredictable actions on the computer. Sometimes it will get hot and reboot and all those kind of patches which will happen after an installation. That is something that needs improvement. It always creates issues when we're in production.

It doesn't happen all the time. The pandemic has made it hard to go into the office to get the problem rectified.

We don't always want to reboot. Users aren't interested to keep on rebooting a laptop. So their laptop can get infected every month which creates problems. And then it's hard to get to the office to get the problems fixed.

I have been using Windows 10 for around a year.

It is stable.

We have more than 1,000 users.

We have had a good experience with their customer support.

I don't really deal with the installation. It came installed on my laptop from my company. I don't deal with the installation or maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Windows 10.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Sami Alomaisy
Manager at global trading
High application compatibility, easy to install, and most stable version

• "Microsoft Windows 10 is the most supportive operating system that you can find. Everything can run on it."
  • "In an upcoming release, I would like the Windows files themselves to be able to be adjusted in a way they are not as easy to open or access. There are times when you can make a simple mistake in a Windows file and the whole operating system could become corrupted, the files should be more secure."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for my own work outside of my company for many purposes, such as program testing, development of applications, and email.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, I would like the Windows files themselves to be able to be adjusted in a way they are not as easy to open or access. There are times when you can make a simple mistake in a Windows file and the whole operating system could become corrupted, the files should be more secure.

I have been using this solution for approximately 10 years.

The solution is stable but the previous versions were not, such as Windows 8.

There are many versions of this solution, such as Home and Professional, that provide different levels of scalability. However, if you would like even more scalability there is Windows Server.

The installation is very easy. If you have a decent CPU the installation should only take approximately one hour.

I did the implementation myself.

There is a license for this solution and it is a one-time purchase.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Windows 10 a nine out of ten.

Senior Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to use, scalable, and stable but the performance could be improved

• "It's user-friendly."
  • "The updates could be rolled out every quarter."

What is our primary use case?

Windows 10 is our operating system. Everything we do is done on Windows 10.

What is most valuable?

It's user-friendly. It's easy to use.

The user interface is fine, there are no major changes required.

What needs improvement?

The performance needs improvement. Updates could be improved also.

The updates could be rolled out every quarter. We have experienced crashes with some of the updates.

I would also like to see more performance-oriented updates for better effectiveness. That would be very helpful.

I have been using Windows 10 for more than five years.

Windows 10 is the latest version.

We have no issues with the stability of this solution.

Windows 10 is a scalable product.

I use this solution personally and for the company. We thousands of users in our company who use it, maybe more.

Technical support is good. We have no issues with the technical support of Microsoft.

We have an IT department of 50 or more, and a team of 10 to 15 system administrators, and managers to maintain this solution.

I believe there is an agreement with Microsoft to pay the licensing fee yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Windows 10 a seven out of ten.

RD
Owner at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Flexible, scales well, and is stable

• "It is flexible and it is easy to use."
  • "The security features need improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I need Windows for everything that I do.

What is most valuable?

It is flexible and it is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The security features need improvement. Security is important for everything that we do.

I would like to see more integration, as it is something that is important for us.

The performance can be improved; it is not very clear how you can increase the performance of Windows.

For the ordinary user, there should be some optimization of things that you are told to do from time to time. Most people don't know what to do.

I have been using Windows since it was available.

Windows is a stable solution.

It scales well.

Most of everyone that I know who uses a PC is using Windows.

I have not used any other operating system other than Windows.

I was not involved in the initial setup but I believe that it is straightforward.

As a company, you need someone to configure this solution and maintain it.

I do not have to pay for the license, it was included in the initial cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Windows a nine out of ten.

WQ
Head of IT Section at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Provides very good functionality, stability and a user friendly interface

• "I like the Windows interface, Microsoft Office, and Edge."
  • "The notification bar could be modified, it's a little confusing in its current state."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for projects and for our daily work. We are a construction company with many projects scattered throughout the world. I'm the company head of IT.

What is most valuable?

I like the Windows interface, Microsoft Office, and Edge.

What needs improvement?

I think the notification bar could be modified, it's a little confusing in its current state. We receive notifications but it's not user friendly.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable, we haven't had any failures or errors.

The solution is scalable, anyone coming into the company will automatically have access to it, whether it's on a PC or a laptop.

I used the earlier Windows versions. The main difference is the new interface, the startup menus and the control panel with some new icons in Windows 10. It has more functionality than Windows 7.

The initial setup is a simple process. We have a dedicated IT engineering team for all our deployments. They are responsible for installation, maintenance, and checking the latest updates. We have around 10,000 employees in the company.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product because I feel it is stable, there are no bugs or major issues for the end user. It's worth updating to Windows 10.

I rate the solution eight out of 10.

Dimitris Iracleous
Lead Technical Instructor at codehub
Is used by most and is easy to install

• "The best thing is that all are using it and that there are some applications like Power BI that are only in Windows and not in any other environment."
  • "We have a lot of different hardware that has to communicate, and sometimes, the Windows drivers get overloaded."

What is our primary use case?

I use it mainly for development and also for teaching and training.

What is most valuable?

The best thing is that all are using it and that there are some applications like Power BI that are only in Windows and not in any other environment.

It is easy to install and is stable as well.

What needs improvement?

So, the performance could be better.

I've been using it for about two years.

During these past two years, Windows has crashed only once on my computer.

I use Ubuntu Linux on my own computer.

It was easy to install Windows 10. It did take quite long, about five hours, because a lot of data had to be downloaded, and several reboots were needed.

I installed it myself.

I have a corporate license.

What other advice do I have?

Because it's very good, I would rate Windows 10 at nine on a scale from one to ten.

I'm using the oldest development environment for business informatics. So, for those not interested in gaming or in graphic design, especially for all business users, I strongly recommend Windows 10.

Download our free Windows 10 Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.