WQ
Head of IT Section at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Provides very good functionality, stability and a user friendly interface

• "I like the Windows interface, Microsoft Office, and Edge."
  • "The notification bar could be modified, it's a little confusing in its current state."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for projects and for our daily work. We are a construction company with many projects scattered throughout the world. I'm the company head of IT.

What is most valuable?

I like the Windows interface, Microsoft Office, and Edge.

What needs improvement?

I think the notification bar could be modified, it's a little confusing in its current state. We receive notifications but it's not user friendly.

I've been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable, we haven't had any failures or errors.

The solution is scalable, anyone coming into the company will automatically have access to it, whether it's on a PC or a laptop.

I used the earlier Windows versions. The main difference is the new interface, the startup menus and the control panel with some new icons in Windows 10. It has more functionality than Windows 7.

The initial setup is a simple process. We have a dedicated IT engineering team for all our deployments. They are responsible for installation, maintenance, and checking the latest updates. We have around 10,000 employees in the company.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product because I feel it is stable, there are no bugs or major issues for the end user. It's worth updating to Windows 10.

I rate the solution eight out of 10.

ST
Operations Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Mostly stable and setup isn't complicated

This is a new laptop, so I've been using it for less than a year.

I haven't had any issues with my system. But at the beginning of the year, there was a Windows patch update that created a lot of problems for our customers. They kept on getting the blue screen. I believe it was a patch update in February at the beginning of the year, if I'm not mistaken. So, we were getting a lot of calls. Yeah, that was the only issue I found. But otherwise, Windows was totally fine because we are all familiar with it.

This is a new laptop, so I've been using it for less than a year.

So far, Microsoft support has been okay. But then again, we have in-house support. So, before it goes to the Microsoft team, most issues are handled by our team. We have a structured support team, so I haven't had any problems so far.

Windows setup isn't very complicated. Mostly, we have someone proficient in Windows to do our installations. It's not something normal users deal with. So if you ask an average user, they might say it's a bit complex, but otherwise, no.

We primarily use yearly subscriptions because organizations prefer bundled packages that you pay for annually. We also recommend that. Who wants to pay every month?

What other advice do I have?

I rate Windows 10 eight out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Windows 10. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
554,873 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Dimitris Iracleous
Lead Technical Instructor at codehub
Is used by most and is easy to install

• "The best thing is that all are using it and that there are some applications like Power BI that are only in Windows and not in any other environment."
  • "We have a lot of different hardware that has to communicate, and sometimes, the Windows drivers get overloaded."

What is our primary use case?

I use it mainly for development and also for teaching and training.

What is most valuable?

The best thing is that all are using it and that there are some applications like Power BI that are only in Windows and not in any other environment.

It is easy to install and is stable as well.

What needs improvement?

So, the performance could be better.

I've been using it for about two years.

During these past two years, Windows has crashed only once on my computer.

I use Ubuntu Linux on my own computer.

It was easy to install Windows 10. It did take quite long, about five hours, because a lot of data had to be downloaded, and several reboots were needed.

I installed it myself.

I have a corporate license.

What other advice do I have?

Because it's very good, I would rate Windows 10 at nine on a scale from one to ten.

I'm using the oldest development environment for business informatics. So, for those not interested in gaming or in graphic design, especially for all business users, I strongly recommend Windows 10.

ML
Financial Controller at a media company with 201-500 employees
Easy to use with a nice interface and good stability

• "I've pretty much used the solution without incident."
  • "The licensing could always be less expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for running personal applications.

What is most valuable?

The solution has been stable.

The solution is easy to use.

I've pretty much used the solution without incident.

The solution is free with the hardware. It's not expensive.

The interface is decent.

We haven't had any issues with security.

What needs improvement?

Overall, I haven't had issues and cannot recall coming across missing features.

The licensing could always be less expensive.

I've used the solution for about eight or so years at this point.

The stability of the solution has been very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance has been pretty good.

I use the solution personally. I haven't found the need to scale it.

I did not use a different solution before I started using Windows 10.

The product comes with the hardware. It's not an expensive solution at all.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I simply use the solution personally, for myself and my applications. I'm an end-user.

It's a default solution in my company. Most people who are on Microsoft would use Windows 10.

GG
IT Production Engineer at a consultancy with 201-500 employees
A stable and scalable solution for running one's personal applications

What is our primary use case?

I employ the solution for normal use, such as the running of personal applications and internet Office.

What needs improvement?

While we have patches on a monthly basis, the solution could be more secure. Overall, the solution is good for me.

I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is definitely scalable.

We have support but do not have experience with them.

It was never a question of us using Windows, as we have always done so.…

What needs improvement?

I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is definitely scalable.

We have support but do not have experience with them.

It was never a question of us using Windows, as we have always done so. We do not wish to use Linux and do not use Citrix for our users, but only for disaster recovery.

Installation does not pose an issue for us, as we employ a CCM and make use of the master.

We can do this on our own with the assistance of a consultant.

We need fewer than 10 people for the deployment and maintenance, consisting of several engineers.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is good for me.

There are around 600 or 650 people making use of the solution in my organization.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Windows 10 as an eight out of ten.

MP
Manager at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A scalable and stable solution that's been around for a long time

• "Windows 10 has a convenient user interface."
  • "The overall performance could be improved — it loads slowly at times."

What is our primary use case?

As a manager, I use Windows 10 daily. We also use Windows Excel and PowerPoint. We mainly use Windows 10 for email-related needs. We also use Microsoft Windows code to do some technical programming.

Within our organization, there are roughly six to seven thousand employees using Windows 10.

We will definitely continue to use Windows 10.

What is most valuable?

Windows 10 has a convenient user interface. Windows has been around for a long time so we're well aware of the features it offers and how to use them properly. From this perspective, it's convenient for me.

What needs improvement?

The overall performance could be improved — it loads slowly at times.

I have been using Windows 10 for seven to eight years.

It didn't use to be stable, but nowadays, it is. Still, it could always be more stable.

I have never had to contact support relating to Windows 10.

The installation process is straightforward. It pretty much installs automatically.

We installed it ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Windows 10 a rating of eight.

I would recommend Windows 10 to others. We use Windows 10 because we were mandated to by our organization. Whether they are capable or not, it doesn't really matter. You'll have to use it because it has been mandated by your organization.

AnandHosamani
FOSS Coordinator at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Compatible with most software, beneficial user interface, and highly reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use Windows 10 for running all of our applications. All the work we do happens on this platform.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Windows 10 are the GUI and the compatibility with mostly all the software available on the market.

What needs improvement?

If the system Windows 10 is operating on is not powerful it can become sluggish. They could improve by having two versions, a lightweight, and a higher performance version for more powerful computers.

I have been using Windows 10 for approximately five years.

Windows 10 is highly stable.

The solution is scalable. We have…

What needs improvement?

I have been using Windows 10 for approximately five years.

Windows 10 is highly stable.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 2,000 users using this solution.

We have local support here if we have issues. However, I have not had to contact support for any issues.

We were using Windows 8 previously.

The installation is very easy and takes approximately 30 minutes.

I can do the implementation myself. We have a team of approximately six that does the maintenance of the solution. However, Windows 10 does not require a lot of maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Windows 10 a nine out of ten.

PL
Divisional Manager - Digital at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A stable and easy to use solution which performs well.

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to run our personal applications, such as MS Office.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use and performance are two of my favorite features.

What needs improvement?

As an open source application, the solution should be more accomodative.

I have been using Windows 10 for around two years.

The solution is stable.

I consider the personal use I make of the solution's Home Edition to be useful, for which scalability does not enter the equation.

I don't have experience with technical support.

Which solution did I use

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to run our personal applications, such as MS Office.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use and performance are two of my favorite features.

What needs improvement?

As an open source application, the solution should be more accomodative.

I have been using Windows 10 for around two years.

The solution is stable.

I don't have experience with technical support.

In the past I used Windows 7. I switched as this relates to the updates.

The installation was easy. The solution comes equipped with basic installation capabilities.

Installation is usually handled by a consultant.

When it comes to the Home Edition, there is usually just a license.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is very good. It is user-friendly.

I utilize the solution for my personal use.

I would definitely recommend the solution to others.

I rate Windows 10 as a ten out of ten.