Workday Overview

Workday is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Benefits Administration tools. It is most often compared to SAP SuccessFactors: Workday vs SAP SuccessFactors

What is Workday?
Workday's enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products are cost-effective alternative to ERP software systems for human resource management. Watch our product previews and learn how Workday on-demand business intelligence applications can help organize, evaluate and maximize your profits today!
Workday Buyer's Guide

Download the Workday Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Workday Customers
AAA, Allied Global, Avago Technologies Limited, Aviva, Cardinal Health, CareFusion, Chiquita Brands International, Equifax, Flextronics, HP, Life Time Fitness, McKee Foods, MGM Resorts International, Sanofi, ServiceSource International, Symantec, TripAdvisor, Yahoo!
Workday Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

ST
Payroll Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We can store all the employee data information on it. However, we can't do our own reporting.

What is our primary use case?

It is our HR source of data. It performs okay.

• "It stores everything for the employee. It has also been able to store the information that we use for our payroll demand."
  • "It is quite user-friendly."
  • "They don't have worker payroll in the product. We have to solve our payroll. I hope one day they will be able to have their own localized standard payrolls for all countries."
  • "In terms of reporting, we have to rely on a consultant to do the report customization. The most important thing is to be able to do your own reporting, which it can't do. We rely so much on our consultant to customize reports for us."
  • "For time management, it does not have a calendar generator. For example, if you want to have a shift calendar for an entire year, you need to push the entire year's calendar into the system instead of being able to generate it using a time management pattern."

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: * It works for all the countries that we have. * We are able to implement it. * It can handle all the necessary modules within the system, such as authorization of benefits and time management.
Anthony Collier
Senior Director Services Engineering at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Features pre-built integration interfaces for specific vendors, pre-built generic integrations to extract/push data

• "Provides flexibility to integrate with the product. It has several tools, out-of-the-box, for integrations. It delivers pre-built interfaces for specific vendors, pre-built generic integrations to extract or push data into Workday through configuration."
  • "It's a fully consolidated system. All the transactions and configuration are co-located in one fully in-memory system, so there is no need to go to different data sources (multiple DBs) to pull data; it’s all in one place."
  • "Analytical tools have needed improvement. Workday has just released Prism Analytics, to replace the current analytical tools, so it’s in the early stages."

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend it to anyone. It’s the only fully consolidated in-memory application on the market.
Learn what your peers think about Workday. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user515598
User with 51-200 employees
Tremendously improved user satisfaction, however it needs better integration with career management softwares

What is most valuable?

We use Workday for HR services and found the software to be very user-friendly compared to the previous software.

How has it helped my organization?

It has tremendously improved user satisfaction and the adaptability of the application.

What needs improvement?

It does not integrate with some of the career management softwares, like LinkedIn.

For three years.

None.

Customer Service: I would rate them as very good. Technical Support: I would rate them as very good.

How was the

PA
Workday Integration Lead at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Changes the way old ERPs work and creates a whole set of changes to how the BAU works

What other advice do I have?

Great product, think about the BAU/support. It changes the way old ERPs work and creates a whole set of changes to how the BAU works.
it_user609621
Vice President Information Technology at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The API’s have enabled us to deliver reliable automation. Reliable, auditable integration has reduced the complexity and cost of our ongoing audits.

What other advice do I have?

Don’t dip your toe in the water, jump in. With a solution like this there are great returns to be had, but you need to invest in really using the API’s, building automation with workflows and centralizing HCM here. If you keep recruiting, performance management, etc. outside of the system you will have purchased an airplane so you can drive around the neighborhood.
Business Analyst, HR at Transamerica
We don't need to provide much training for the users because it is easy to navigate. The Payroll module is not usable for Asian countries.

What other advice do I have?

Check carefully whether Workday supports payroll in your country; otherwise it takes additional costs and efforts to build integration.
it_user517446
Systems Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
I would say the most value comes from the annual review features.

What is most valuable?

I would say the most value comes from the annual review features. It is well laid out and easy to complete. It makes the process of annual reviews simple and concise.

How has it helped my organization?

It is more efficient than any methods/processes I have used in other companies. The simplicity of the system is very valuable.

What needs improvement?

The ability to drive more analytics on a customizable level would be helpful.

One year.

No problems with deployment.

No problems with stability.

Scalability has not been an issue.

How are

Senior Associate (Management Consulting) at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
I've used it for operational and detailed reporting and some low-level analytics. The community is super helpful.

What other advice do I have?

The reporting capability is perfectly adequate in 90% of cases, given the requisite training. For "heavy-duty" analytics across very large datasets, consider the integration required for integrating with an on-premise data warehouse, for example... There will be considerable additional overhead in managing the outbound files, SFTP, ETL, etc. from a cloud source vs an on-premise source.