Workfront Overview

What is Workfront?

AtTask is a cloud-based Enterprise Work Management solution that helps marketing, IT, and other enterprise teams conquer the chaos of excessive email, redundant status meetings, and disconnected tools. Unlike other tools, AtTask Enterprise Work Cloud is a centralized, easy-to-adopt solution for managing and collaborating on all types of work through the entire work lifecycle, which improves team productivity and executive visibility. AtTask is trusted by thousands of global enterprises, like Adobe, Cisco, HBO, House of Blues, REI, Trek, Schneider Electric, and ATB Financial. To learn more, visit www.AtTask.com or follow us on Twitter @AtTask.

Workfront is also known as AtTask.

Download the Project Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Workfront Customers

Advance Autoparts, Emerson, Covario, Cisco, Caroma, TREK, Sapient Nitro, ATB, LexisNexis, CarPhone Warehouse

Workfront Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Quality and Office Manager at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
Easy sharing within the organization of data and information about running projects

What is most valuable?

Timesheets Planning Real time KPI control No need for ad hoc reports.

How has it helped my organization?

Easy sharing within our organization of data and information about running projects.

What needs improvement?

Available options for charts in reports Changing values (hour costs, billing rates, etc.) while the project is still running the effects previously calculated in the project financial data.

Seven years.

Not relevant.

No. We have 20 users and up to 40 projects/year.

Good. Though it is not so easy to obtain your specific answer, but in the…
Traffic Manager at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Centralised communication and document storage has helped improve efficiency, and post-project reporting has helped refine processes, although reporting using charts could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

No. I do not have any additional comments or advice regarding this solution, other than I recommend the Workfront as a great solution.
Find out what your peers are saying about Workfront, Atlassian, Wrike and others in Project Management Software. Updated: April 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Marketing Projects Manager at a leisure / travel company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It allows us to manage the capacity vs. workload of our department and to be able to forecast the demand, but sharing of information is cumbersome.

What other advice do I have?

There are some points to improve, but it seems that folks at Workfront are committed to improve those areas and correct the product weaknesses.
Workfront (AtTask) System Administrator at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Our compliance team has a way to see what work they have and what work is coming, without everyone having to resort to updating spreadsheets. But, the document review needs to be streamlined.

What other advice do I have?

What I consistently hear from Workfront is that Workfront is not going to fix your process, and I certainly believe it. By putting our processes into Workfront we've been able to shed a light on where our problem areas are, and this has been instrumental in getting team members to be more accountable about what's going on in their area.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM System Administrator at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
We now have several areas using it, helping us with assigning tasks and tracking work. However, the UI should permit more customization.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great tool and functions well across an organization. We have many different departments using it and all really enjoy and benefit from it.
President (consultant) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
Open API is a valuable feature.

Valuable Features:

I liked the KPI functionality. I also liked that it had an open API.

Use of Solution:

I used it for 2 years
Owner with 51-200 employees
I love the custom forms but agile dashboards need to be improved.
Supervisor, Project Management at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
Reporting features are the most valuable to our company. I would like an easier way to set up timing on templates.

What other advice do I have?

If your company or team decides to go with Workfront, it has all of the tools needed to run an excellent project management system.
IT Admin at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Really good for Project Management. They have another section for "Requests" which lacks functionality.

What other advice do I have?

Workfront is really good for Project Management. They have another section for "Requests" which is intended to be used for handling Help Desk tickets but this part lacks functionality. There are no categories, no SLA, no Priority based on Urgency and Impact.
Associate Director, PMO with 1,001-5,000 employees
Workfront - the way work management should be done

What other advice do I have?

This is a great tool and can really help an organization. It is a solution to manage your process, not define your process. It is important that you develop your process and methods and then configure the system to use the system. You can use the system to help develop some of your processes, but you'll be better off doing the opposite.
VP Marketing at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
A complete system that solves several pain points around projects, communication, and quality.

What other advice do I have?

Invest in an business administrator. It's worth it.
Director of Project Management at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Increased productivity, complete transparency and full accountability

What other advice do I have?

This has been a great solution for us. We are integrating with TFS and ZenDesk so that each department can work within their own application. Work happens much more efficiently and the transparency throughout the organization is immeasurable as the majority of all executive reporting is happening within the tool.
Specialist, Planning & Integration at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Workfront is a tool that promotes operational discipline and project governance.
Senior Process Analyst at a venture capital & private equity firm with 501-1,000 employees
Good - but could be better

What other advice do I have?

Be weary of what their salesforce is promising you, it may not be what you expect.
Web Traffic Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
AtTask helps you keep your team working together

What other advice do I have?

Know how many users you will have and discuss with your consultant about the access levels for each user. Also have your workflow structure documented to review with your consultant. Give all users a deadline for going through all training to make sure everyone is trained before they begin using AtTask in the production environment.
Creative Trafficker at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Helpful tool that gives transparency and reporting tools that I cant live without now.

What other advice do I have?

Happy with it so far!
Sr Project Manager-Resource & Infra with 1,001-5,000 employees
Organizes work and resource allocation beautifully
Project Manager with 501-1,000 employees
Can Workfront really be worth the time and money it requires? Short answer. Yes.

What other advice do I have?

AtTask is a great project management and workflow management tool. It also takes care of portfolio and program management as well, which are part of the project management ecosystem. This is where AtTask shines and where I would suggest it being implemented. If you're looking to go beyond those areas, it may be possible to implement AtTask, but you may want to look more towards another solution that specifically handles what you're working to solve. An example of this would be trying to use AtTask as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. Technically, you probably could shoehorn a CRM…
IT Project Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reduced the time to complete projects & Improved collaboration with a user friendly interface.

What other advice do I have?

Take the administration classes offered by AtTask.
Administrative Assistant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Has allowed projects and tasks to be visibly tracked by all members of the company.

What is most valuable?

Reporting, Dashboard, Resetting User Password.

How has it helped my organization?

Allowed projects tasks to be visibly tracked by all members of the company.

What needs improvement?

Bugs in creating linking tasks. Sometimes when using the "Link Tasks" button, it links the wrong tasks. It was a little frustrating when creating predecessors for tasks.

I have been using the solution for 1 Year.

Lots of bugs with AtTask. I had to call Help line A LOT for help.

Customer Service: 5 out of 10. Technical Support: 5 out of 10.

Which solution did I use

IT Project Manager - Enterprise at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Good for project management. Not as robust as SharePoint 2013 with Project Server/Web Apps.

Valuable Features:

Reporting for project management.

Improvements to My Organization:

Mostly, it has to do with reporting project status updates to the management team.

Room for Improvement:

It's not as robust as SharePoint 2013 with Project Server/Web Apps.

Use of Solution:

8 Months

Stability Issues:

Other than small bugs here and there, it was stable.

Scalability Issues:

Other Advice:

Determine what requirements you have a Project Management system before investing into one. Really look at what your organization is intending to use it for.
Senior Manager of IT at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
AtTask is a powerful and flexible web-based project and portfolio management solution.

What is most valuable?

Work Management, Reporting and System Administration.

How has it helped my organization?

We are finding that AtTask is continuously breaking down the silos and facilitating cross-collaboration between groups and teams. In addition, it is giving us visibility into what our users are working on, and what customers they are working for.

What needs improvement?

As with any software, some bugs exist. However, they are usually fixed quickly.

1.5 Years

Yes, but the problems are mostly organizational and not problems with the software. The release of a new, very powerful access level model has been challenging to adapt to, but it gives a high level of granularity in…
Product Categories
Project Management Software
Download our free Project Management Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Workfront, Atlassian, Wrike, and more!