WorkFusion Overview

WorkFusion is the #9 ranked solution in our list of best RPA tools. It is most often compared to UiPath: WorkFusion vs UiPath

What is WorkFusion?

WorkFusion RPA Express is free, enterprise-grade software that enables business users to integrate core systems and automate transactions. It's easy to install and can run on a laptop or a single server, with features that operations team pay for right now.

WorkFusion Buyer's Guide

Download the WorkFusion Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

WorkFusion Customers

Deutsche Bank, Polaris, Scotiabank, HPE, Canadian Tire, Standard Bank

WorkFusion Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about WorkFusion pricing:
  • "It is not the most expensive solution, but it is also not the cheapest."
  • "They have a very expensive license compared to any other automation tool. For instance, at $50,000 - $60,000, you can bring in an Automation Anywhere solution. For this solution, you need at least $250,000 to get something going."
  • "Find it online."

SB
Head of Intelligent Automation - Africa Regions at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to serve various automation needs as both tech and business users

What is our primary use case?

We are using WorkFusion as our enterprise RPA solution at this time to help us deploy some automation. It is a hybrid-based installation. Eventually, we are going to try to move everything to the cloud. Some of our customers are dealing with transactions, trader solutions, governance compliance needs, and other special cases so it is not totally possible to go totally on the cloud at this time. There are also clients who deal with things like a KYC (Know Your Customer) type solution, and then a few operational needs like ATM reconciliation and financial revenue reconciliation. The regulations… more »

• "The Robotic Desktop Automation Express component allows us to do rapid development outside the normal, time-consuming processes."
  • "The product could do more to expand its 'codeless' coding options by adding drag-and-drop assistance in building bots for non-technical users."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would recommend this solution to other users. I have got nothing against UiPath or Blue Prism or any of those other products, and I think there are other options like Python people can make use of. But from my experience with this product, I certainly recommend it. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate WorkFusion about an eight. Between a seven and an eight but on the high end of that range.
AS
Vice President at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Great integrations but offers time consuming development and has complicated architecture

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our clients according to their needs.

• "WorkFusion's SAP integrations are really good."
  • "It is complex for enterprise implementation. The solution needs a needs minimum, of 20-22 servers. It's no small task. This is not a straightforward setup. It's a large undertaking and there are many moving parts."

What other advice do I have?

We're hoping to partner with the solution in the near future. Right now, we currently just service our customers as required. We are IT services providers, so we work on all deployment models. We match our offerings to what the customer is currently looking for. I'd rate the solution six out of ten. While it's a good solution, there's a lot to work on. They should work on productivity for the developers. As of now, their productivity is very bad compared to what Automation Anywhere or UiPath offers. It's why I've ranked them a bit lower. A simple business user can work with a UiPath and on…
Learn what your peers think about WorkFusion. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JG
Head of Automation at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Has the technology to interface into systems where we didn't otherwise have an API but it would be better if it had automation without an interface

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case was very simple. It read information from a spreadsheet and captured that into a core processing system. The benefit was that this process was carried out hundreds of times every day, and took up to an hour each time, so the capacity saving was massive.

• "In our opinion this group are the leaders in providing RPA solutions."
  • "We would like to see further improvement in the area of running headless."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for those thinking of implementing an RPA is that they start small and simple if they want to see if it works for their company. If it doesn't work as a small scale, investment in the long-term solution doesn't make sense. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate WorkFusion as a seven out of ten. It is not higher because they have got some work to do now. Other companies have caught up. They were the first ones to offer a free desktop automation product and the others will now need to follow suit. To stay ahead it is time for them to come up…
JD
Analyst, Intelligent Automation at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Its ability to scale across multiple geographies with limited impact on additional IT Hardware requirements has enabled the scaling of Robotics capabilities

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for desktop automation for smaller solutions that stand outside the development on the core operating systems. We also use it for building robotics capabilities and skills in all of our geographies across fourteen countries in Africa. Automations have been done over several operating environments and include solutions in the following areas. 1. Operations 2. Compliance and Risk (Regulation driven requirements) 3. Credit solutions and integration with decision systems The primary focus is delivering solutions that enable better customer experience.

• "WorkFusion's RPA Express's ability to scale across multiple geographies with limited impact on additional IT Hardware requirements. This has enabled the scaling of Robotics capabilities and solutions across all our entities."
  • "The product needs to be "simple and easy" to use. A good example of this is the use of Python code to perform automations. It is free and the skills transfer is able to happen quickly and the operation and initiation of the completed automation is easy to execute."

What other advice do I have?

* Simple to use (business user, not IT reliant) * Cost-effective * Easy to support and integrate with current IT Architecture
SF
Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Excellent dashboard, easy to scale and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for compliance. The solution allows us to run all manner of checks.

• "The dashboard is the solution's most valuable feature. When clients want to look at the data it's very easy for them to do so. The dashboard for the IT manager is very useful if there are issues and to create and follow processes."
  • "The problem with the solution is that it is agnostic, so it's not made for banks. Sometimes we are challenged because of this. We have to make everything from scratch to make it work for our clients."

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model. The client prefers not to use the cloud. We deploy the solution for big enterprises, but only small groups of users are actually interacting with the solution directly. I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it eight out of ten.
SG
Delivery Director at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has good competitive abilities but the email connections should be faster

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for invoice processing.

• "We can see that its competitive ability is quite good."
  • "I would also like for it to be NLP-based."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend WorkFusion because I think over the last six months it has matured and it is stable. I would rate it a seven out of ten.
Deepak Thomas
Senior Software Quality Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Exceptional customization ability, great customer support, and install simple

• "The solution is stable, we have not had any glitches or problems."
  • "We have had some problems in the past with the Inspector tool that looks at the elements on the screen. Replacing it or improving it is needed."

What other advice do I have?

I do not have high-level experience with platforms that offer similar robotic process automation currently. The capability is there in this solution, the platform has a lot of features and capabilities. The onus is of the user to utilize all of those capabilities that WorkFusion has. If you have a small business there might be a better solution out there for you but if you have a large organisation, I definitely recommend it. I rate WorkFusion an eight out of ten.
RP
Senior Software Engineer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scalable product but requires more upgrades and modifications

What is our primary use case?

We use it for project management for material designing and SLD. We use it for our bump operations. We are full process.

• "In terms of stability, it's quite good. It's an internal IP product."
  • "On a scale of 1 - 10 I would rate them a 6. That's not low - that 60%. But as I said, it needs to be upgraded and modified."

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing it would be good to go through the design points. On a scale of 1 - 10 I would rate them a 6. That's not low - that 60%. But as I said, it needs to be upgraded and modified. On-prem solution software needs to be in a stack that is much more accessible around the architecture of your plant. It should be fast-acting and accessed over the internet. That's the most important part and most companies require it.
See 6 more WorkFusion Reviews
Download our free WorkFusion Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.