Wrike Overview

Wrike is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Project Management Software. It is most often compared to monday.com: Wrike vs monday.com

What is Wrike?

Wrike is an online collaboration and project management software bringing together centralized task management and social collaboration features into one real-time workspace. It connects tasks, discussions, and emails to your actual project plan. You get an up-to-date picture of the project and can keep your team aligned with your strategy without boring status meetings. Challenges Wrike helps solve:

• Data silos: Tasks, discussions and documents scattered across email, Skype, personal computers and spreadsheets
  • Poor visibility into work status
  • Missed deadlines and project failures
Main benefits:
  • Accelerating project delivery by using a platform your team will actually use and love
  • Keeping all team members on the same page even across borders without lengthy status meetings, long email threads and spreadsheet updates
  • Big picture of project progress with real-time updates and cross-project reports and newsfeed
  • Real-time team collaboration with discussions, files attached to tasks, and a built-in document editor

Why Wrike?
  • Wrike is a system your team will use. It helps them do their work, not just track it.
  • Wrike can be easily customized to your needs as each team can set up their own workflow.
  • Wrike scales as you grow, providing visibility and ease of use for teams of any size.

Download the Project Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Wrike Customers

Down Association, Clever Clicks, Sevenly, Palatov Motorsport, LLC, Koch Ink, Opportunity To Do, Quark Software Inc., Transamerican Auto Parts, PlumChoiceÂ, Inc., InScribe, Evisions, Giant Steps, TechRepublic

Wrike Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

COO at a real estate/law firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has the ability to group tasks by project/folder/department without repetition. However, It needs to be improved to handle more complex projects.

What other advice do I have?

It is great for smaller projects, but cannot replace Project or Smartsheet.
Constructor at a manufacturing company
In the dashboard, you have a perfect overview to all assigned, to do, and overdue tasks and in activity stream, you get news about the work that is done in your team.
Find out what your peers are saying about Wrike, monday, Atlassian and others in Project Management Software. Updated: April 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Contributing Writer at a writing and editing position
Custom dashboards allow me to keep track of all assigned tasks, saving me a lot of time and confusion. However, it could be improved with better private communications between users and collaborators.
Director of Operations at Armada Cloud
Reseller
I like the Gantt charts for project management - easy to use and implement.

What is most valuable?

Wrike's Gantt charts are great for project management and super simple to implement and use. They're the biggest single differentiator I've found in online project management solutions.

What needs improvement?

Free version is very limited, but Pro version that includes Gantt charts is reasonable for SMBs.

3 years.
Project Manager at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We're able to interact directly from Gannt charts, but improvements could be made to portfolio management.

What other advice do I have?

I wish some of the functionalities like Dashboards were also available to the Common Users.
Software Trainee at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I like that we can collaborate with email functionality by just adding @ with the username.
Director of Technology at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
With it, we've increased our project throughput and can better inform our clients on timely work. However, you must give thoughtful consideration to how to structure it to suit your needs.
SSE at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
It has a simple and easy-to-use UI.

What is most valuable?

It has a simple and easy-to-use UI.

How has it helped my organization?

It's helped us establish good team collaboration.

What needs improvement?

The reoccurring tasks feature needs to be improved.

I've used it for about 2 years.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

We haven't had any issues with scalability.

Customer Service: Customer service is good. Technical Support: Technical support is good.

Which solution did I use previously and why

SSE at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It's easy and it's simple. Create your task, assign to your teammates, tag them, ask them for task updates -- all in few simple steps.

Valuable Features:

It's easy and it's simple. Create your task, assign to your teammates, tag them, ask them for task updates -- all in few simple steps. Multiple people can share their comments and coordinate on a single task. This makes the work more fun and productive. Wrike App is available on App

Improvements to My Organization:

With Wrike you don't have to sit on your office computer or your laptop

Room for Improvement:

It doesn't allow you to quickly see whether certain teams are over-scheduled at a quick glance.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for about 2 years now.

Deployment Issues:

We haven't had issues with deployent.

Stability Issues:

We haven't had issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We haven't had issues with scalability.
AGM at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Support for re-occuring tasks is needed, but the availability of add-ons for Outlook and Chrome helpful.
Messaging Specialist at a recruiting/HR firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
We're able to save a lot of productive time because of the ease of task assignments. However, there are areas that Wrike could improve to make it a far better tool than it is now.

Valuable Features:

Wrike as a task management tool gives a lot of flexibility in creating, updating and managing tasks with such ease in comparison to other tools I have used.

Improvements to My Organization:

Wrike allows you to assign and share tasks with colleagues and updates posted into these generate notifications to all that are involved. Ease of task assignment saves a lot of productive time.

Room for Improvement:

At the moment, I have no thoughts about this. However, there are areas that Wrike could improve to make it a far better tool than it is now.
SSE at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I can create tasks, assign them to teammates, tag them, and ask them for task updates.
Software Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The User Interface is simple and allows for better coordination between team members, but it doesn't provide support for recurring tasks.

Valuable Features:

UI - The user interface is simple & easy to use.

Improvements to My Organization:

Better co-ordination between the team members.

Room for Improvement:

Management of Task – The main concern was about the management of task & how easy it is to use the tool. Support for recurring tasks.
Software Engineer at a tech vendor
It allows us to integrate email and to share folders, but it lacks the ability to add billable and non-billable time to particular tasks.

What is most valuable?

Email integration Ability to tag people as followers Folder sharing

What needs improvement?

There should be option to add time for billable and non-billable for a particular task.

4 months

No issues with deployment.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Customer Service: 4.5/5 However, support email reply should not take 12+ hours to those people who live in 12+ hours difference of timezone. Technical Support: 4/5

Infraestructura with 501-1,000 employees
The fact its environment is like a social network is valuable.

What other advice do I have?

Wrike is a powerful tool to make a project a success, in my own opinion, for small and medium projects. With the kind of tasks you can do in some large projects, you can integrate your team members all around the world with Wrike. It has an easy to use web interface, just like a social network, is easy to delegate tasks to your team, and to complete the project well. If you want to implement some kind of small PMO and learn a lesson in integration, you need to use Wrike. Overall, I would simply say use it, and give a Wrike a chance.
Director of Operations at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
It helps with project/task flow by streamlining work when we have a lot of reoccurring projects. But, it can't budget time and scheduling at a quick glance.
Marketing Manager with 51-200 employees
We use it to manage all tasks, assign them out, and collaborate within the tool. Yet, it lacks custom notifications for discrete tasks at specific times.
Business Process Analyst at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
The Enterprise edition has valuable analytics, but it would be nice if the "basic" paid version had more options.

What is most valuable?

Simple/powerful hierarchy. The analytics in the Enterprise edition are great.

How has it helped my organization?

Great way for our employees to send in project requests/ideas and then for us to be able to prioritize and schedule them.

What needs improvement?

More options in the "basic" paid version would be nice.

None so far.

Not at all. The mobile platform is remarkably stable as well.

No, our enterprise is able to use it and customize it to individual departments.

Customer…
Licensing Coordinator at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
With the enhanced features of Enterprise such as custom fields and user groups, we are able to accomplish so much more and gain a better footing across the board.

Valuable Features:

With the enhanced features of Enterprise such as custom fields and user groups, we are able to accomplish so much more and gain a better footing across the board.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has streamlined our processes Cut email in half

Room for Improvement:

Possibly another user group, the collaborators cant do enough and they dont have a program it seems to have a ton of users.

Use of Solution:

6 months

Deployment Issues:

No, it was fairly seemless.

Their customer services is great. Anytime I need something I can just pull up a live chat and they walk me through it.
Editor, Cochrane Editorial Unit
Accessible project management with varying levels of engagement. Sometimes the interface can be messy.

Valuable Features

Accessible project management with varying levels of engagement.

Improvements to My Organization

We don't need so many meetings or project managers.

Room for Improvement

Sometimes the interface can be messy.

Use of Solution

2 years

Only that people don't like new things. The name doesn't help.

No issues.

Customer Service: Very impressive. Technical Support: Very impressive.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, Bootcamp.
E-Learning Web Developer at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Straightforward setup and easy to learn how to use.

Valuable Features:

The ability to assign and reassign tasks to multiple stakeholders, time tracking, project completion.

Improvements to My Organization:

Its great for tracking multiple projects over a large team.

Room for Improvement:

Mostly UI issues.

Use of Solution:

3 years

Stability Issues:

As our number of projects grow I find that Wrike crashes more often.

Scalability Issues:

As our number of projects grow I find that Wrike takes longer and longer to load.

Initial Setup:

Straightforward setup and easy to learn how to use.
Programmer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
Some features I really enjoy are the ability to add tasks remotely by email and also keep up to date with their iPhone and Android apps.

Valuable Features

The email integration tool, the ability to assign and reassign different folks to different tasks and the ability to connect with Google Drive, Dropbox and Onedrive.

Improvements to My Organization

This keeps projects out of my email and into a workable timeline that can be shared and assigned to others.

Room for Improvement

The interface takes some getting used to.

Use of Solution

One year

This software is quite stable.

Customer Service: I had a question and was helped immediately and they also followed up to make sure things were working well. Technical Support: The support is top of the line.

The setup is strait forward and easy for any level of technical skills.

ROI

Applications Support at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Has enforced time and task management within our organization and allowed our department to juggle all tasks and projects.
Project Management Consultant with 51-200 employees
Works well for companies whose projects are all fairly similar or who have people dedicated to plotting out all the necessary steps for each project.

What other advice do I have?

If every project we were working on had an entirely different set of tasks, the planning part and task making part could be cumbersome. Seems like Wrike works well for companies whose projects are all fairly similar or who have people dedicated to plotting out all the necessary steps for each project.
VP/CTO at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
We use it as a collaboration tool.

Improvements to My Organization:

Wrike is a great collaboration tool. It has helped foster better communication between departments at our company. Gone are the "Are you done yet?" emails. By using the subtasks everyone knows the next step in a task and who owns it. We are starting to gain better history on projects as a result of using Wrike. When asked why a decision was made, we can simply review the old task and see the conversation that may have led to the decision.
Sales with 51-200 employees
Helps manage sales leads and projects
Advancement Programs Coordinator at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Great Project Management System

Valuable Features

Labels/folders Customer service

Improvements to My Organization

Better communication More streamlined

Room for Improvement

Adding specific time to remind

Use of Solution

1.5 years

Customer Service: Amazing Technical Support: Great
Marketing Coordinator with 51-200 employees
Seamless and Efficient project management tool
This is the best project management tool our company has used. We have improved internal communication and better coordination over work flow. There is a slight learning curve, but once you overcome this, the features Wrike offer make collaborating seamless. Task management in PM software is sometimes overlooked as a simple to-do list; however, if utilized correctly, it can make your project teams extremely efficient. Wrike stands out by incorporating a rich list of task management features from setting task priorities to grouping tasks by projects. The only thing I would like to see improved upon in the immediate future is the editing of permissions and rights for users, specifically if there is a large shared task.
Environmental Consultant with 51-200 employees
I would recommend Wrike if you're looking for a powerful project management tool.

What is most valuable?

Project planning and Scheduling.

How has it helped my organization?

The improvement was quickly seen in project planning and execution because all people involved know which tasks are assigned and to whom.

What needs improvement?

They need to make possible for the existing an project folder to be saved as a template.

Approximately one year.

No major issues I have come across besides the comments that some people who are involved in a project may not have received them. Wrike is the best only when you minimize the screen, as the letters can become to small to read.

No issues encountered.

How are

Videographer at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Great tool, but requires time to learn it.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend Wrike to all.
Videographer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
Takes some effort, but well worth it

Valuable Features

Just the overall effect of being more organized in our tasks.

Room for Improvement

It would be nice if it was a little more intuitive and user-friendly, with less of a learning curve.

Use of Solution

A few months.

There are lots of great resources to read-up on how to make it work for you.

It was a little difficult at the beginning. Naming tasks was causing issues. Lots of email that wasn't necessary.

Other Advice

This is a great product if you take the time to learn it and implement it in a way that makes sense for your business.
Customer Support at a transportation company with 51-200 employees
Fast, simple and organised

Valuable Features:

Tagging and following of tasks

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see a way of implementing a project scope as currently it is just folders, tags and tasks.

Use of Solution:

1 year

Stability Issues:

Nope, no issues with stability.

Nope, easy to use.
Studio Manager with 51-200 employees
Excellent task/studio management software that enables us to run big or small projects with unlimited tasks/details.
Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
​Straightforward; the interface is very user-friendly; now that the way to add a new folder was fixed, even more so.

What is most valuable?

Time log, dashboard, timeline, and the amount of projects I can add.

How has it helped my organization?

More organization for projects.

What needs improvement?

Ability to see a history of when a request for update is sent.

Almost 1 year.

No issues.

When zooming in, I lost the ability to see what I input in the description area.

Customer Service: On a scale from 1-10, I would say 8; for the most part customer service is good, but if a customer wants one aspect of the product and…
Director at a recreational facilities/services company with 51-200 employees
Project Management for everyone

What is most valuable?

Tagging tasks into multiple folders

How has it helped my organization?

Previously we had long e-mail trails, with some people missing out on vital communications on projects. Now it's all in one place with a great audit trail.

2 years

Great customer service - all e-mails get answered in 24 hours, by someone who really understands the product and does their best to help you.

The company didn't use Project Management tools - in fact there wasn't any effective project management. Wrike has made it easy to get people to participate, because it's…
Editor/Writer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
Wrike gets everyone on the same page

What other advice do I have?

We've been using Wrike for 2+ years now. We have a creative/editorial team of about 15 scattered throughout our building and offsite, but we work on some highly collaborative projects. We tried several tools before we tried Wrike, but Wrike had the features we needed at the price we could afford. We've found the mobile apps, subtasks, deadlines, discussion threads, time tracking, and subtask management to be the most useful. The UI is a little unintuitive at first and requires some basic training. As always with a project management tool, buy-in is the most important part. You still need…
IS at a construction company
Simple to get going and you can get as detailed and complicated as you want.
Developer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
We have been using Wrike for over a year. We have tried other Project Management software, but this was the most stable.

Valuable Features:

Email tasks

Improvements to My Organization:

Keeping everything centralized

Room for Improvement:

Subtasks

Use of Solution:

1 year
Video Producer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
We have a media team of about 15 all contributing different parts to a project. Wrike helps us keep track of it all.

Valuable Features:

Subtasks

Improvements to My Organization:

Large projects are much easier to manage and keep track of who is doing what portion and when.

Room for Improvement:

Interface takes a bit to get used to.

Use of Solution:

2 Years

Deployment Issues:

Buy-in for any implemented workflow change is difficult.

Not so far
Postdoctoral Research Associate with 1,001-5,000 employees
We were paying for but not using Basecamp, I was looking for a solution that matched our flexible & ever changing group

What other advice do I have?

First is to prepare the organization to the use of this tool making sure they know why using the system is useful and important for them and the organization. Arrange the account (folders, general tasks) and strategize the logistics of using the system before implementing with a group so that the organization knows how to directly use it from the start. Having the organization members together go through the most relevant features and logistics of how to use it for organizational tasks to get the most out of it.
Marketing Manager at a hospitality company with 501-1,000 employees
Great project management system that blows away the competition.

What other advice do I have?

I would be 100% likely to renew Wrike due to everything I mentioned, but also because Wrike is constantly improving. With new features and improvements to the UI being introduced all the time, Wrike is a platform that I feel will exceed my expectations for years to come. Wrike seems to care about their customers, and work hard to anticipate their needs before they know they have them.
Director at a legal firm with 51-200 employees
Excellent Project Collaboration Platform
Director with 51-200 employees
Best PM system for managing distributed team

What is most valuable?

Time tracker, gmail and outlook plugins.

How has it helped my organization?

Cuts down on daily task organisation and communication.

What needs improvement?

Android App

Since May 2014

Best ever customer service.

Used Trello. It was getting hard to organise and follow individual tasks and it was lacking integrated time tracking at the time.

Straight forward after using PM systems for 10 years.

In house

I…
Director of IT with 51-200 employees
Best project manager ever

What is most valuable?

Dashboard customization

2 years

Homegrown, programmer left the company

Minimal

MS Project
Senior Manager of Web Development at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
Good collaboration tool for our midsize company

What is most valuable?

Google Doc integration

How has it helped my organization?

We've been a lot more collaborative and communication has been better since starting to use Wrike

What needs improvement?

The pay model is in blocks of users - would be nice to add one user at a time

Over 2 years

None

More users are an additional fee

Customer Service: 8/10Technical Support: 8/10

We switched from Tracky - Wrike is a much more mature solution.
Project Manager with 51-200 employees
Provides project status visibility to managers and accountability for those that have fallen behind in tasks.

Valuable Features

The Time Tracking Mechanism and Contingencies Between Tasks.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides visibility to managers on their project status and accountability for those that have fallen behind in tasks.

Room for Improvement

Further integration with employees' calendars and emails to provide more visible reminders.

Use of Solution

18 months

There is a learning curve, so employees just starting out with Wrike take a few weeks to feel comfortable.

No issues

No issues

Customer Service: 10 out of 10.Technical Support: 10 out of 10.

The initial setup was intuitive, but the training and support videos provided help in moving us to a…
Digital Learning Strategies at a university with 51-200 employees
We were using Excel and Word to track our projects. We needed to switch because these weren't scalable or effective.

What other advice do I have?

Wrike virtually implements itself. The tools and features are so intuitive and easy to use, it's hard not to gain adoption. I would recommend getting a small project team to pilot it as a proof of concept. Wrike also has excellent documentation to encourage adoption from users and sponsorship from leadership/management.
Chief Operating Officer at a construction company with 51-200 employees
With 25 users currently, we have completed over 700 tasks and have 1200 active tasks.

What other advice do I have?

Try the free version among one functional group for 1-2 weeks. Then when implementing, run several training workshops and also teach personal task management and collaborative responsibilities of task do-ers. Adopting project management software means 0 or 100%. So commit fully once you start. Less than 100% means tasks will disappear and critical paths cannot be managed.
CEO at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
With Wrike we’re able to keep projects on track because everything is super visible & updates are handled in “real time"

What other advice do I have?

Get a free trial and give it a test drive.
Product Categories
Project Management Software
Download our free Project Management Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Wrike, monday, Atlassian, and more!