Wrike OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Wrike is the #14 ranked solution in our list of top Project Management Software. It is most often compared to Asana: Wrike vs Asana

What is Wrike?

Wrike is an online collaboration and project management software bringing together centralized task management and social collaboration features into one real-time workspace. It connects tasks, discussions, and emails to your actual project plan. You get an up-to-date picture of the project and can keep your team aligned with your strategy without boring status meetings. Challenges Wrike helps solve:

• Data silos: Tasks, discussions and documents scattered across email, Skype, personal computers and spreadsheets
  • Poor visibility into work status
  • Missed deadlines and project failures
Main benefits:
  • Accelerating project delivery by using a platform your team will actually use and love
  • Keeping all team members on the same page even across borders without lengthy status meetings, long email threads and spreadsheet updates
  • Big picture of project progress with real-time updates and cross-project reports and newsfeed
  • Real-time team collaboration with discussions, files attached to tasks, and a built-in document editor

Why Wrike?
  • Wrike is a system your team will use. It helps them do their work, not just track it.
  • Wrike can be easily customized to your needs as each team can set up their own workflow.
  • Wrike scales as you grow, providing visibility and ease of use for teams of any size.

Download the Project Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Wrike Customers

Down Association, Clever Clicks, Sevenly, Palatov Motorsport, LLC, Koch Ink, Opportunity To Do, Quark Software Inc., Transamerican Auto Parts, PlumChoiceÂ, Inc., InScribe, Evisions, Giant Steps, TechRepublic

Wrike Video

Archived Wrike Reviews (more than two years old)

Ahmed Shehata
IT Quality Section Head at Saudi Public Transport Company JSC
Good project progress tracking and promotes collaboration between team members

• "This is a good tool for project progress tracking and sharing tasks with internal and external parties."
  • "We faced an issue with the Wrike outlook add-on; it is only available for Microsoft Office 365, and not the on-premise version."

What is our primary use case?

Our IT management was looking for project and task management tool for the IT Staff, and after our research, this is the solution that was selected.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a good tool for project progress tracking and sharing tasks with internal and external parties. It enables us to collaborate faster and better progress on our projects. At the same time, our management has a good view of our progress by using the Wrike dashboards

What is most valuable?

We find many of the features valuable, including:

• User interface
  • Alternative Dashboards
  • Simple task and subtask creation and assignment
  • My work view
  • Security features
  • Integration features
  • Simple administration and account management
  • Account types, which provide a good distribution of external and internal users licenses
  • Individual workspaces

What needs improvement?

We faced a lot of issues with the mobile application, especially with the iOS version. It needs enhancements and updates.

We faced an issue with the Wrike outlook add-on; it is only available for Microsoft Office 365, and not the on-premise version.

We have been using this solution for one year.

We researched and tested a lot of applications in our search for the proper tool, and in the end, we selected Wrike.

COO at a real estate/law firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has the ability to group tasks by project/folder/department without repetition. However, It needs to be improved to handle more complex projects.

What is most valuable?

The most valued features to us are the sleek design and the ability to group tasks by project/folder/department without repetition.

How has it helped my organization?

All communication is now logged and everyone is held accountable for timelines and decisions taken. We do not need to microfocus.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be improved to be able to handle more complex projects by introducing an MS Project, like a tabular interface, so adding many tasks becomes easier. Dependencies also need to made simpler in their creation.

Four to five years.

No issues.

Yes, due to issues elaborated in "areas of improvement" about complex projects.

The technical support is very responsive, but they are unable to keep up with feature requests, even seemingly simple ones.

It was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It is great for smaller projects, but cannot replace Project or Smartsheet.

Find out what your peers are saying about Wrike, monday, Atlassian and others in Project Management Software. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Constructor at a manufacturing company
In the dashboard, you have a perfect overview to all assigned, to do, and overdue tasks and in activity stream, you get news about the work that is done in your team.

What is most valuable?

I find it flexible as tasks can be easily categorized to allow you to handle your work in a variety of ways.

Wrike is improving continually and over time they have developed many features in order to achieve better efficiency.

How has it helped my organization?

The communication between other departments in our company is much better and helps to get things done more effectively.

Communication without emailing!

What needs improvement?

Unfortunately there are a few dislikes:

• Various exports like the whole folder structure with the users who are directly shared with or the users/collaborators full list is not working.
  • No flexibility for group avatars or platform colours or fonts.
  • Lack of administrative control.

For two years.

From time to time, the pages are loaded incorrectly or it takes a long time.

But it retains all information!

Very good.

They take user feedback to make their changes. Perfect!

No problem! It is a browser-based solution and adjustment of accounts was very easy.

Contributing Writer at a writing and editing position
Custom dashboards allow me to keep track of all assigned tasks, saving me a lot of time and confusion. However, it could be improved with better private communications between users and collaborators.

What is most valuable?

Task assignments and the custom dashboards.

How has it helped my organization?

I can see at a glance what assignments are in process, who they are assigned too. Basically, it saves me a lot of time and confusion trying to keep track of everyone and their workloads. It also makes it easy to reassign a task or review the communication related to a project or task.

What needs improvement?

Better ways to establish private communication between users vs collaborators.

3 months

The users are limited on the version I use, but with unlimited projects and unlimited collaborators that hasn't been a issue yet.

Excellent

Yes, Base. It wasn't as intuitive or visually versatile.

It took a little trial and error to determine what setup would best fit my workflow, but it didn't take me long. The support videos were very helpful.

In-house. Meaning me, myself and I.

Need more time to determine.

Realize that most of those who use your Wrike system can be collaborators, even if they are on your team. You only need to provide user licensing for those with a more administrative role.

Yes. I looked at Basecamp, 17Hats, Insightly and tried Base.

Director of Operations at Armada Cloud
Reseller
I like the Gantt charts for project management - easy to use and implement.

What is most valuable?

Wrike's Gantt charts are great for project management and super simple to implement and use. They're the biggest single differentiator I've found in online project management solutions.

What needs improvement?

Free version is very limited, but Pro version that includes Gantt charts is reasonable for SMBs.

3 years.

3 years.

Felix Maximiliano Obes
Project Manager at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We're able to interact directly from Gannt charts, but improvements could be made to portfolio management.

What is most valuable?

• Building Gannt charts
  • Following and unfollowing as well as adding followers
  • User management and permissions at task or folder level
  • Document versioning

How has it helped my organization?

We are using Wrike to quickly turn notes into activities and build on the current methods to do a continuous improvement of the processes that were in place before the PMO mindset settled in. Wrike has allowed us to collaborate with ease and to be able to communicate expectations quickly not only internally but also to external contributors. The multidimensional aspect of the folders comes in very handy when your projects are long and transversal on scope and resources. It is very convenient and being allowed to interact directly from the Gannt is a big win.

What needs improvement?

• Price
  • Allowing to participate in multiple Wrike sessions at once
  • Portfolio management

For more than a year.

When too many updates were done, we had to reload the web-app, the same did not happen on the iOS or Android App.

Sometimes it´s best to use the App on the iPad than on the Web.

Being cloud based we did not even worry about this, and no downtimes ocurred.

Very Good.

Very Good.

We switched from excel and Outlook.

No complexity.

Keep user list dynamic.

Yes, Asana, Trello and Project.

What other advice do I have?

I wish some of the functionalities like Dashboards were also available to the Common Users.

Software Trainee at a tech services company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

I like that we can collaborate with email functionality by just adding @ with the username..

How has it helped my organization?

It's an excellent project management tool in creating a successful project. It allows all members of the team to share information and focus on the goal. Resources are also available and can easily be shared.

What needs improvement?

The time entry functionality needs improvement.

I've used it for about a year and a half.

No, we haven't had any issues with deployment.

No, we haven't had any issues with stability.

No, we haven't had any issues with scalability.

9 out of 10

10 out of 10

Yes, previously we using a different project management tool, in that there was lack of features which are now available in Wrike, helpful for team collaboration as well as task management.

It is strightforward, easy to setup easy to use.

8 out of 10

It returns more than what we invested in Wrike.

Director of Technology at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
With it, we've increased our project throughput and can better inform our clients on timely work. However, you must give thoughtful consideration to how to structure it to suit your needs.

Valuable Features

Wrike is a flexible project management tool that can be adapted to meet your needs while assisting your team in becoming more collaborative.

Wrike provides tools for tracking the work assigned to your team and also for ensuring tasks are completed on a timely basis.

Improvements to My Organization

Wrike has both increased our project throughput and also given us the information we need to provide better information to our customers on our ability to complete their work on a timely basis.

Room for Improvement

I would love if it allow for tasks to have the start/end date separate from the time required. For example if I could set up a task show that it shows on the gantt chart has occurring sometime between start date x and end date y. but meanwhile the actual time required is set to a lower amount of time then the total time between the dates.

Use of Solution

Approixmately 3 years

The flexibility, which is a strength, also requires you to think through how to structure Wrike to best serve your needs.

None

Fantastic! When I called customer service they not only answered my questions but also often provide unique product insight to improve our use of the product.

Solid

Implementation Team

Implemented in-house with support from their free help line.

About 7-12 months.

SSE at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
It has a simple and easy-to-use UI.

What is most valuable?

It has a simple and easy-to-use UI.

How has it helped my organization?

It's helped us establish good team collaboration.

What needs improvement?

The reoccurring tasks feature needs to be improved.

I've used it for about 2 years.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

We haven't had any issues with scalability.

Customer Service: Customer service is good. Technical Support: Technical support is good.

Which solution did I use previously and why

What is most valuable?

It has a simple and easy-to-use UI.

How has it helped my organization?

It's helped us establish good team collaboration.

What needs improvement?

The reoccurring tasks feature needs to be improved.

I've used it for about 2 years.

We haven't had any issues with deployment.

We haven't had any issues with scalability.

Customer service is good.

Technical support is good.

We used Intervals, but it was not fulfilling all the organization's needs.

The initial setup is straightforward.

SSE at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It's easy and it's simple. Create your task, assign to your teammates, tag them, ask them for task updates -- all in few simple steps.

Valuable Features:

It's easy and it's simple. Create your task, assign to your teammates, tag them, ask them for task updates -- all in few simple steps. Multiple people can share their comments and coordinate on a single task. This makes the work more fun and productive. Wrike App is available on App

Improvements to My Organization:

With Wrike you don't have to sit on your office computer or your laptop

Room for Improvement:

It doesn't allow you to quickly see whether certain teams are over-scheduled at a quick glance.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for about 2 years now.

Deployment Issues:

We haven't had issues with deployent.

Stability Issues:

We haven't had issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We haven't had issues with scalability.

Wrike App is available on App

Improvements to My Organization:

With Wrike you don't have to sit on your office computer or your laptop

Room for Improvement:

Use of Solution:

I've used it for about 2 years now.

Deployment Issues:

We haven't had issues with deployent.

Stability Issues:

We haven't had issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We haven't had issues with scalability.

AGM at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Support for re-occuring tasks is needed, but the availability of add-ons for Outlook and Chrome helpful.

What is most valuable?

• A simple and easy to use UI
  • Task Creation, as tasks can be created very easily in Wrike & they are very easy to manage
  • It's easy to tag people within the tasks
  • It's availabile on all popular platforms like iOS & Android
  • Add-ons are available for Outlook & Chrome are making the work easier

How has it helped my organization?

It has enhanced the productivity of the employees & now the projects are delivered on time.

What needs improvement?

There's always a room for improvement for any product, and they need to include support for re-occurring tasks.

I've used it for six months.

It's good.

I previously used Intervals.

Wrike is the best project management tool I have used so far. We have tested various PM tools, and were using Intervals for the last 2 years but then I got to know about Wrike. The experience of using it was great.

Messaging Specialist at a recruiting/HR firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
We're able to save a lot of productive time because of the ease of task assignments. However, there are areas that Wrike could improve to make it a far better tool than it is now.

Valuable Features:

Wrike as a task management tool gives a lot of flexibility in creating, updating and managing tasks with such ease in comparison to other tools I have used.

Improvements to My Organization:

Wrike allows you to assign and share tasks with colleagues and updates posted into these generate notifications to all that are involved. Ease of task assignment saves a lot of productive time.

Room for Improvement:

At the moment, I have no thoughts about this. However, there are areas that Wrike could improve to make it a far better tool than it is now.

Improvements to My Organization:

Ease of task assignment saves a lot of productive time.

SSE at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
I can create tasks, assign them to teammates, tag them, and ask them for task updates.

Valuable Features:

• It's easy and it's simple.
  • I can create tasks, assign them to teammates, tag them, and ask them for task updates (Request for Status function) -- all in few simple steps.
  • Multiple people can share their comments and coordinate on a single task. This makes the work more fun and productive.
  • With Wrike, you don't have to sit on your office computer or your laptop for reviewing tasks and adding your comments. You can directly do that using you iOS or Android device. The Wrike app is available in the App Store and Google Play.

Improvements to My Organization:

It's provided us with better coordination between our team members.

It's also helped us complete tasks on time.

Room for Improvement:

Support for reoccurring tasks could be improved.

Software Developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The User Interface is simple and allows for better coordination between team members, but it doesn't provide support for recurring tasks.

Valuable Features:

UI - The user interface is simple & easy to use.

Improvements to My Organization:

Better co-ordination between the team members.

Room for Improvement:

Management of Task – The main concern was about the management of task & how easy it is to use the tool. Support for recurring tasks.

Valuable Features:

UI - The user interface is simple & easy to use.

Improvements to My Organization:

Better co-ordination between the team members.

Room for Improvement:

Software Engineer at a tech vendor
It allows us to integrate email and to share folders, but it lacks the ability to add billable and non-billable time to particular tasks.

What is most valuable?

Email integration Ability to tag people as followers Folder sharing

What needs improvement?

There should be option to add time for billable and non-billable for a particular task.

4 months

No issues with deployment.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Customer Service: 4.5/5 However, support email reply should not take 12+ hours to those people who live in 12+ hours difference of timezone. Technical Support: 4/5

What is most valuable?

• Email integration
  • Ability to tag people as followers
  • Folder sharing

4 months

No issues with deployment.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

4.5/5

4/5

Yes, we had one solution, but it didn't have many features which we found in Wrike during the trial period.

Infraestructura with 501-1,000 employees
The fact its environment is like a social network is valuable.

What is most valuable?

The best features for me are -

• The environment is just like a social network
  • The easy way to create a task in the tool
  • It has an easy way to delegate a task
  • The way that you scope your task

How has it helped my organization?

You can document all the projects inside the company. The systems we used before were to hard to use but this one is easy, by comparison. Therefore, people don't get crazy at the point of documenting or commenting inside the jobs or task.

What needs improvement?

• Costs
  • The way to handle inventory inside projects

I started using it three years ago.

No we didn't.

None encountered yet.

None encountered yet.

The customer service is great, but it is not perfect but they really help you. Also, in the forums about Wrike, you can find a lot of tips to use that can make your usage more efficient.

They are good people who really help you.

Redmine and Netsuite, were so hard to use, and sometimes difficult, besides poor performance.

The vendor has a great level of expertise, and they really know the tool. If we have got questions, they get us the answers.

We evaluated Wrike alongside our previous solutions of Netsuite and Redmine.

What other advice do I have?

Wrike is a powerful tool to make a project a success, in my own opinion, for small and medium projects. With the kind of tasks you can do in some large projects, you can integrate your team members all around the world with Wrike. It has an easy to use web interface, just like a social network, is easy to delegate tasks to your team, and to complete the project well. If you want to implement some kind of small PMO and learn a lesson in integration, you need to use Wrike.

Overall, I would simply say use it, and give a Wrike a chance.

Director of Operations at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
It helps with project/task flow by streamlining work when we have a lot of reoccurring projects. But, it can't budget time and scheduling at a quick glance.

Valuable Features

Wrike is excellent at being customized for use and project management. Understanding the way that you can use the tool to flow projects/tasks within our organization has been extremely helpful. Generally, duplicating tasks have been one of the best features introduced so far for us as we have a lot of reoccurring projects so this has significantly reduced time and helped streamline work.

Room for Improvement

The main thing downfall for us is the lack of ability to apply time (budget) for tasks/projects as well as scheduling to make sure that we aren't overstacking a department with too much work at a quick glance.

Use of Solution

2 years

There aren't any issues with deployment but you do have to think creatively if you are going to have the tool function to your unique needs.

Not yet.

Awesome! Regardless if you call, email or do live chat, their reps are extremely helpful and also generally help consider the problems and provide their own thoughts on how you can achieve the goal.

Great.

It's complex due to the customization that you can do. But once you understand the system, it's pretty easy.

Marketing Manager with 51-200 employees
We use it to manage all tasks, assign them out, and collaborate within the tool. Yet, it lacks custom notifications for discrete tasks at specific times.

Valuable Features:

I started using Wrike 4 years ago at a previous company and now I'm still using it today with my current company (we had to get them on board). We manage ALL tasks in Wrike. If there's anything we need to do, we put it in Wrike, assign it out, and collaborate within the tool. It does everything we need.

I have used a few different task management tools. Asana, Trello, Producteev, Todoist, Wunderlist, Microsoft's stuff; but Wrike tops them all. While it sounds a little cliche, I haven't found something that I wanted to do/organize that I couldn't do on Wrike. It allows for nested upon nested sub tasks, timeline views, priority management, time clocking, and awesome collaboration.

Improvements to My Organization:

We had a lot of people, including myself, losing track of tasks or projects. Not any more.

We really stick to things and keep track of what we're doing thanks to Wrike.

Room for Improvement:

You can't get custom notifications. If I want to be notified of a project at 10:15 a.m. on Sept. 12th, I cannot.

Use of Solution:

More than three years

Stability Issues:

There have been times in the past that a description wouldn't load properly but it's generally very stable. Never been down or lost any data at all!

Scalability Issues:

This is where Wrike shines actually... you can do anything you want with a limitless number of people!

Very good. They even have a great Twitter help account.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Pricing when we started was a lot lower but now there are a lot more features. It is worth the cost.

Business Process Analyst at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
The Enterprise edition has valuable analytics, but it would be nice if the "basic" paid version had more options.

What is most valuable?

Simple/powerful hierarchy. The analytics in the Enterprise edition are great.

How has it helped my organization?

Great way for our employees to send in project requests/ideas and then for us to be able to prioritize and schedule them.

What needs improvement?

More options in the "basic" paid version would be nice.

None so far.

Not at all. The mobile platform is remarkably stable as well.

No, our enterprise is able to use it and customize it to individual departments.

Customer…

What is most valuable?

Simple/powerful hierarchy. The analytics in the Enterprise edition are great.

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

More options in the "basic" paid version would be nice.

None so far.

Not at all. The mobile platform is remarkably stable as well.

A+

Haven't needed to contact them.

No similar product was used company wide. Having most departments using the same solution.

Straightforward. Email invitation to join and that was about it as far as user set up. Tags/folders are set up per department and as needed.

In-house.

Enterprise is the way to go.

Licensing Coordinator at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
With the enhanced features of Enterprise such as custom fields and user groups, we are able to accomplish so much more and gain a better footing across the board.

Valuable Features:

With the enhanced features of Enterprise such as custom fields and user groups, we are able to accomplish so much more and gain a better footing across the board.

Improvements to My Organization:

It has streamlined our processes Cut email in half

Room for Improvement:

Possibly another user group, the collaborators cant do enough and they dont have a program it seems to have a ton of users.

Use of Solution:

6 months

Deployment Issues:

No, it was fairly seemless.

Their customer services is great. Anytime I need something I can just pull up a live chat and they walk me through it.

Valuable Features:

Improvements to My Organization:

It has streamlined our processes

Cut email in half

Room for Improvement:

Use of Solution:

6 months

Deployment Issues:

No, it was fairly seemless.

Editor, Cochrane Editorial Unit
Accessible project management with varying levels of engagement. Sometimes the interface can be messy.

Valuable Features

Accessible project management with varying levels of engagement.

Improvements to My Organization

We don't need so many meetings or project managers.

Room for Improvement

Sometimes the interface can be messy.

Use of Solution

2 years

Only that people don't like new things. The name doesn't help.

No issues.

Customer Service: Very impressive. Technical Support: Very impressive.

Yes, Bootcamp.

Valuable Features

Accessible project management with varying levels of engagement.

Improvements to My Organization

We don't need so many meetings or project managers.

Room for Improvement

Sometimes the interface can be messy.

Use of Solution

2 years

Only that people don't like new things. The name doesn't help.

Very impressive.

Very impressive.

Yes, Bootcamp.

E-Learning Web Developer at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Straightforward setup and easy to learn how to use.

Valuable Features:

The ability to assign and reassign tasks to multiple stakeholders, time tracking, project completion.

Improvements to My Organization:

Its great for tracking multiple projects over a large team.

Room for Improvement:

Mostly UI issues.

Use of Solution:

3 years

Stability Issues:

As our number of projects grow I find that Wrike crashes more often.

Scalability Issues:

As our number of projects grow I find that Wrike takes longer and longer to load.

Valuable Features:

Improvements to My Organization:

Its great for tracking multiple projects over a large team.

Room for Improvement:

Mostly UI issues.

Use of Solution:

3 years

Stability Issues:

As our number of projects grow I find that Wrike crashes more often.

Programmer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
Some features I really enjoy are the ability to add tasks remotely by email and also keep up to date with their iPhone and Android apps.

Valuable Features

The email integration tool, the ability to assign and reassign different folks to different tasks and the ability to connect with Google Drive, Dropbox and Onedrive.

Improvements to My Organization

This keeps projects out of my email and into a workable timeline that can be shared and assigned to others.

Room for Improvement

The interface takes some getting used to.

Use of Solution

One year

This software is quite stable.

Customer Service: I had a question and was helped immediately and they also followed up to make sure things were working well. Technical Support: The support is top of the line.

The setup is strait forward and easy for any level of technical skills.

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

The interface takes some getting used to.

Use of Solution

One year

This software is quite stable.

The support is top of the line.

The setup is strait forward and easy for any level of technical skills.

ROI

This saves time on folks over lapping on tasks and missing deadlines that cost.

Other Advice

Great software with excellent support.

Applications Support at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Has enforced time and task management within our organization and allowed our department to juggle all tasks and projects.

What is most valuable?

Every feature in Wrike adds a value to the way we work in our organization. I wouldn't pick a feature by itself as all its features create a solid ground for a solid solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It has enforced time and task management which made our projects smoother and allowed our department to juggle all types of tasks and projects.

What needs improvement?

I see the product as a perfect match to our needs, but I hope that Wrike will introduce a full fledged incident management system within the same platform.

I have been using this solution for 2 years now.

Deployment was smooth with the help of the Wrike support team.

Not at all.

No, Wrike is perfect to our needs and I believe that Wrike's team has great potential to introduce more into their product.

10/10

10/10

Yes I did previously use a different solution, I switched because it wasn't as friendly as Wrike.

All I can elaborate on here is that we were able to close more projects than expected and save the company thousands of dollars.

We evaluated Project Place.

Project Management Consultant with 51-200 employees
Works well for companies whose projects are all fairly similar or who have people dedicated to plotting out all the necessary steps for each project.

What is most valuable?

• Gantt chart -- This helps with projects that are complex and require various tasks or phases to be completed in order to develop a final project. We simply could not plan product releases effectively without this!
  • Folders -- Organization is incredibly important when managing projects for several different facets (customer-driven, sales-driven, marketing-driven, etc) and the fact that I can manipulate and move projects into different folders helps me watch a project as it travels through our "workflow" from inception to delivery.
  • Tasks -- Not only developing unlimited tasks and sub-tasks with deadlines, but also being able to assign them to different people within our teams has allowed us to have a central point to work from. I highly appreciate the ability to duplicate folders with their included tasks as our workflow is often repeated for similar projects.

How has it helped my organization?

• Increased Team/Employee Efficiency
  • Improved Asset Storage by Project
  • Increased Visibility with Other Teams

What needs improvement?

• I would like to see different statuses saved in different folders. Instead, the status is changed and it affects all folders globally. This has caused me some confusion or irritation at times.
  • With sub-tasks, I find myself wishing that changing a tasks' deadline would also change the subtasks' deadlines. When I push things forward or backward with the Gantt chart, I then have to go into each subtask and adjust them as well. Sometimes, it seems easier to make everything tasks so I can use the cause/effect of dependencies.
  • Duration can be confusing at times given that sometimes a task will take a bit of time daily over several days, but not necessarily all day. Group several tasks like that together and planning resources becomes difficult because you cannot distinguish how much ACTUAL time on a given day is needed for a particular project. I find myself planning by dates and not durations. I think if there were a way to use these independently, that would be helpful.

5 years - basic version

Deployment was fairly easy.

Great!

They were able to resolve issues, but the resolution took some time and I only received communication if I contacted them for a status update.

With other products, we did not have easy access to a Gantt chart, which, for us, was vital for project planning. Trello provided a clean "big picture" view of where projects were in the workflow, but I have been able to create folders in Wrike which has helped me with this. I do miss the way Trello could lay things out for me simply and big picture like; but that did not outweigh the benefits and advantages we found with Wrike. JIRA felt too complicated to use for the projects we were managing. Our engineers use it for bug ticketing, but we never got in a groove using it.

As we have been using the program more thoroughly, I sense that the dashboard is highly important, yet it is not intuitive to set up.

In-House

• Increased Team/Employee Efficiency
  • Improved Asset Storage by Project
  • Increased Visibility with Other Teams

We tried to work with Trello & JIRA to accomplish the same things as Wrike could but decided to completely move to Wrike and are pleased with our decision.

What other advice do I have?

If every project we were working on had an entirely different set of tasks, the planning part and task making part could be cumbersome. Seems like Wrike works well for companies whose projects are all fairly similar or who have people dedicated to plotting out all the necessary steps for each project.

VP/CTO at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
We use it as a collaboration tool.

Improvements to My Organization:

Wrike is a great collaboration tool. It has helped foster better communication between departments at our company. Gone are the "Are you done yet?" emails. By using the subtasks everyone knows the next step in a task and who owns it. We are starting to gain better history on projects as a result of using Wrike. When asked why a decision was made, we can simply review the old task and see the conversation that may have led to the decision.

Sales with 51-200 employees
Helps manage sales leads and projects

Valuable Features:

- Collaboration

- Subtasks

- Classifications

- Date projection

Improvements to My Organization:

It helped us get things out of emails, IM's, off of notepads and away from verbal fly bys. Our service team knows to put all leads and any updates to previously created tasks in Wrike so that everyone knows what is going on.

Room for Improvement:

At the moment, there is nothing I can note for improvement as it has the features that we require for the types of entries that we do. This is not to say that there isn't room for improvement, just none to note from me at this point.

Use of Solution:

2 years

None

Have not needed to use customer service as of yet.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup is as straightforward or compiles as you want it. The way you organize things is entirely up to you as an individual/company.

We have set it up as a basic CRM allowing us to track sales leads, quotes and orders won.

Implementation Team:

We implemented via in-house team.

Other Solutions Considered:

We looked at reviews for other options but never tried other software.

Advancement Programs Coordinator at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Great Project Management System

Valuable Features

Labels/folders Customer service

Improvements to My Organization

Better communication More streamlined

Room for Improvement

Adding specific time to remind

Use of Solution

1.5 years

Customer Service: Amazing Technical Support: Great

Valuable Features

• Labels/folders
  • Customer service

Improvements to My Organization

• Better communication
  • More streamlined

Room for Improvement

• Adding specific time to remind

Use of Solution

1.5 years

Amazing

Great

Marketing Coordinator with 51-200 employees
Seamless and Efficient project management tool
This is the best project management tool our company has used. We have improved internal communication and better coordination over work flow. There is a slight learning curve, but once you overcome this, the features Wrike offer make collaborating seamless. Task management in PM software is sometimes overlooked as a simple to-do list; however, if utilized correctly, it can make your project teams extremely efficient. Wrike stands out by incorporating a rich list of task management features from setting task priorities to grouping tasks by projects. The only thing I would like to see improved upon in the immediate future is the editing of permissions and rights for users, specifically if there is a large shared task.

it_user175584
Environmental Consultant with 51-200 employees
I would recommend Wrike if you're looking for a powerful project management tool.

What is most valuable?

Project planning and Scheduling.

How has it helped my organization?

The improvement was quickly seen in project planning and execution because all people involved know which tasks are assigned and to whom.

What needs improvement?

They need to make possible for the existing an project folder to be saved as a template.

Approximately one year.

No major issues I have come across besides the comments that some people who are involved in a project may not have received them. Wrike is the best only when you minimize the screen, as the letters can become to small to read.

How are

What is most valuable?

Project planning and Scheduling.

Approximately one year.

9/10

9/10

No previous solution used.

It was complex starting with creation of project folders, tasks, schedules and assignment of task to people involved in certain projects.

Through a vendor, 9/10.

I recommend the products to others because it is a powerful tool in project management

I have forgotten which other ones we evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend to always rely on the product and support.

Videographer at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Great tool, but requires time to learn it.

What is most valuable?

It is very helpful the fact that we can record the time that we spend in each task in order to be more productive, and pay attention to all those things we can accomplish if we spend a certain continuous amount of time.

How has it helped my organization?

By working in the post production of videos, I've noticed how faster it can get by tracking the time I spend in each part of the process.

What needs improvement?

I would love to have a more user friendly layout of the page in order to understand all those important feature that will help me.

About a month now.

At the beginning I did not understand very much all the details that this program offers, but once I read everything about it I can get the maximum use of a really interesting, and helpful tool.

Once in it, there are only more and more things to discover in order to get the most out of it.

I think that it's good because it has all the answers that you might have right on hand to help you out whenever you need it.

I haven't needed any technical support yet, but I'm pretty sure that in case I need it one day it will be very personalized and appropriate.

I was using my job email, and this is not similar at all. This program has everything you need to organize your days in one same place.

It was a little complex at the beginning but only because I did not take time to read through all the information they provide.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend Wrike to all.

Videographer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
Takes some effort, but well worth it

Valuable Features

Just the overall effect of being more organized in our tasks.

Room for Improvement

It would be nice if it was a little more intuitive and user-friendly, with less of a learning curve.

Use of Solution

A few months.

There are lots of great resources to read-up on how to make it work for you.

It was a little difficult at the beginning. Naming tasks was causing issues. Lots of email that wasn't necessary.

Other Advice

This is a great product if you take the time to learn it and implement it in a way that makes sense for your business.

Valuable Features

Just the overall effect of being more organized in our tasks.

Room for Improvement

Use of Solution

A few months.

There are lots of great resources to read-up on how to make it work for you.

Customer Support at a transportation company with 51-200 employees
Fast, simple and organised

Valuable Features:

Tagging and following of tasks

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see a way of implementing a project scope as currently it is just folders, tags and tasks.

Use of Solution:

1 year

Stability Issues:

Nope, no issues with stability.

Nope, easy to use.

Valuable Features:

Tagging and following of tasks

Room for Improvement:

Use of Solution:

1 year

Stability Issues:

Nope, no issues with stability.

Nope, easy to use.

Studio Manager with 51-200 employees
Excellent task/studio management software that enables us to run big or small projects with unlimited tasks/details.

What is most valuable?

- Ability to create as many projects/subfolders and tasks as necessary

- Dynamic Gantt-chart which allows you to set dependencies between projects and adjust on the fly

- Excellent support, 24-7

- Numerous reports which can be customised

How has it helped my organization?

By creating a custom dashboard with daily priorities employees stay motivated and efficient.

The ability to do accurate timekeeping has allowed us to see in what ways we are under-budgeting hours and not invoicing enough for particular tasks.

Depends on internet speed/availability

Excellent

Previous solutions did not offer solutions to cater for both large and numerous small scale projects.

it_user157605
Project Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
​Straightforward; the interface is very user-friendly; now that the way to add a new folder was fixed, even more so.

What is most valuable?

Time log, dashboard, timeline, and the amount of projects I can add.

How has it helped my organization?

More organization for projects.

What needs improvement?

Ability to see a history of when a request for update is sent.

Almost 1 year.

No issues.

When zooming in, I lost the ability to see what I input in the description area.

Customer Service: On a scale from 1-10, I would say 8; for the most part customer service is good, but if a customer wants one aspect of the product and…

What is most valuable?

Time log, dashboard, timeline, and the amount of projects I can add.

How has it helped my organization?

More organization for projects.

What needs improvement?

Ability to see a history of when a request for update is sent.

Almost 1 year.

No issues.

On a scale from 1-10, I would say 8; for the most part customer service is good, but if a customer wants one aspect of the product and not another, it should be negotiable. We're not willing to pay an extra $200-500 a year for 1 extra person to be added as a main user with access rights. Packaged options should be available.

On a scale from 1-10, 10.

Yes, switched because we needed a way to communicate with others on the project regarding their input on the tasks.

Straightforward; the interface is very user-friendly; and now that they have fixed the way to add a new folder, even more user-friendly.

Directly online.

We haven't calculated our return on investment, but I would say it is probably 80%.

$470 for the year; don't know day to day cost for using the product.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest this product to others without question- and have to many other project managers in my classes.

Director at a recreational facilities/services company with 51-200 employees
Project Management for everyone

What is most valuable?

Tagging tasks into multiple folders

How has it helped my organization?

Previously we had long e-mail trails, with some people missing out on vital communications on projects. Now it's all in one place with a great audit trail.

2 years

Great customer service - all e-mails get answered in 24 hours, by someone who really understands the product and does their best to help you.

What is most valuable?

Tagging tasks into multiple folders

2 years

The company didn't use Project Management tools - in fact there wasn't any effective project management. Wrike has made it easy to get people to participate, because it's very user friendly.

Editor/Writer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
Wrike gets everyone on the same page

What is most valuable?

Collaboration tools, document attachments, subtasks, deadlines, time tracking, and mobile apps

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to track highly collaborative projects (especially in editorial work) without letting important steps fall through the cracks. It has also made document management much easier than email.

What needs improvement?

The user interface takes some adjustment. It could be more intuitive.

About 2 years.

You must make sure you have buy-in from your key people. Wrike is a good tool, but it still requires follow through from those accountable for various tasks.

We tried two or three other project management tools before we tried Wrike. Wrike was the only one in our price range that has a complete feature set for those managing projects our size.

What other advice do I have?

We've been using Wrike for 2+ years now. We have a creative/editorial team of about 15 scattered throughout our building and offsite, but we work on some highly collaborative projects. We tried several tools before we tried Wrike, but Wrike had the features we needed at the price we could afford.

We've found the mobile apps, subtasks, deadlines, discussion threads, time tracking, and subtask management to be the most useful. The UI is a little unintuitive at first and requires some basic training.

As always with a project management tool, buy-in is the most important part. You still need people who are willing to get organized and assign/accept accountability. If you have that, this tool is very good at helping you see who is accountable for what by what deadline.

Since we do a lot of editorial projects, it has been very helpful for tracking and discussing revisions while making sure everyone is looking at the most current version.

The interface could still be improved, but I think the toolset has been just what we need for our current scale.

IS at a construction company
Simple to get going and you can get as detailed and complicated as you want.

Improvements to My Organization:

Weekly meetings and collaboration between different departments have become much more productive. We always struggled with taking action on things that were discussed in the meetings. Now we have Wrike open during the meeting and instantly create projects and assign tasks and deadlines, then tag those projects to the meeting folder for follow up the next time. It really has changed the way we work (for the better!). Tasks and projects that have shared responsibilities are now easily organized and tracked.

Use of Solution:

2.5 Years

Customer Service is excellent!

Developer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
We have been using Wrike for over a year. We have tried other Project Management software, but this was the most stable.

Valuable Features:

Email tasks

Improvements to My Organization:

Keeping everything centralized

Room for Improvement:

Subtasks

Use of Solution:

1 year

Valuable Features:

Email tasks

Improvements to My Organization:

Keeping everything centralized

Room for Improvement:

Subtasks

Use of Solution:

1 year
Video Producer at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
We have a media team of about 15 all contributing different parts to a project. Wrike helps us keep track of it all.

Valuable Features:

Subtasks

Improvements to My Organization:

Large projects are much easier to manage and keep track of who is doing what portion and when.

Room for Improvement:

Interface takes a bit to get used to.

Use of Solution:

2 Years

Deployment Issues:

Buy-in for any implemented workflow change is difficult.

Not so far

Valuable Features:

Subtasks

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

Interface takes a bit to get used to.

Use of Solution:

2 Years

Deployment Issues:

Buy-in for any implemented workflow change is difficult.

Not so far

it_user153069
Postdoctoral Research Associate with 1,001-5,000 employees
We were paying for but not using Basecamp, I was looking for a solution that matched our flexible & ever changing group

What is most valuable?

Collaboration made easy, unlimited tasks that can be linked to more than one folder/project, email interface.

How has it helped my organization?

Collaboration efficiency like when writing an article. The description of the task is great for reference to keep in mind for everybody. The file sharing and locking capabilities makes working on files cleaner and more efficiently avoiding duplicates, missing versions, etc. The comments within the task help people have all the communication about the task in one place. The subtasks feature allows to create and delegate things to do as they come up, still linked in the same project/task.

What needs improvement?

The mobile interface really needs work. It's hard to navigate and find tasks or folders/projects. It crashes often, it's slow, etc. It might have improved but since I have tried several times making it hard to be a quick reference or place to follow up on my tasks I stopped using it.

Yes, in academia there is no culture for the use of project management tools. Motivating people to use it was difficult. Also, when I started there were some issues with creating new accounts. I recommended to Wrike to allow people to have access to more than one group (or accounts) and since they applied my suggestion, it became a lot easier to start.

Yes, one that has happened to me several times is that it gets stuck. I then have to clean cookies, etc so that I can use it freely. The mobile interface has even more problems.

Not really. I added over 50 members and it worked alright.

Customer Service: Awesome: 10 out of 10. From how they set their website so that you can find the info, and look at videos to immediate and thorough response in the live chat. If there is any trouble they don't rest to find a solution. And if there is no solution to meet my needs they suggest to add a system feature suggestion that is actually done if it goes with their priorities and/or enough clients vote for it.Technical Support: Shy from great. They some times have a hard time figuring it out. However, as I said, it is clear they care and will find a way to solve your problem.

The lab I joined was paying but really not using Basecamp. It appeared complicated, and most importantly it charged by user which really didn't help our team. At that point it was not easy to use email to create/update tasks and also there was a limit on the projects. All these reasons motivated me to find a new solution that matched our flexible and ever changing group with a large number of small and medium projects.

Straightforward for me since it recommends you to do simple, somewhat gamified and guided steps to get you familiarized with the most important features of the system. I also found the short videos clear and very useful. And they invite you to a webinar right when you start so that you get the most out of your experience. However, I noticed that other people who did not follow through that process had a hard time understanding how it worked. I'm not totally sure how it could be improved as I found it pretty clear.

I did it independent.

For me personally was 100%.

Since it was implemented in academia, this is hard to estimate given that it was not a structure implementation. It wasn't either a switch that affected the whole organization. The cost really was then the cost of the system and maybe 4 hours of familiarizing. This however would not be the same if I had to change what I currently have to another project management tool. Then the setup cost might be greater. Depending on what system was used I'd say a few days of switching because it's obviously not only importing to the system but organizing and setting up collaborators/users, etc etc.

I made a comparison with MANY different options including Onepoint, Clarizen and Liquidplaner.

What other advice do I have?

First is to prepare the organization to the use of this tool making sure they know why using the system is useful and important for them and the organization. Arrange the account (folders, general tasks) and strategize the logistics of using the system before implementing with a group so that the organization knows how to directly use it from the start. Having the organization members together go through the most relevant features and logistics of how to use it for organizational tasks to get the most out of it.
Marketing Manager at a hospitality company with 501-1,000 employees
Great project management system that blows away the competition.

What is most valuable?

The ability for my team to share projects.

How has it helped my organization?

We use Wrike within the Marketing Department to manage projects for all 130 of our hotels. Because we are a centralized service group for our privately owned hotels, it is fundamental to have clear organization and communications systems in place to ensure maximum productivity. Wrike provides us with this system in a intuitive, robust platform that is beautiful to look at.

What needs improvement?

Wrike Cons: One area of improvement that Wrike could get better at it sub tasks. Currently projects are organized in folder, which can be for either clients or projects themselves. However, due to the work my team handles, we often have reoccurring projects that entail multiple sub tasks in order to complete. Not always dependent upon each other, these sub tasks are part of the overall task, and it would be handy to be accessible as such without having to always use folders.

I have been using Wrike for the past 2 years.

The biggest issue we encountered with deployment was the change of mentality and change the way our department worked. However, once we all made a commitment to the process, I can't imagine working anywhere that doesn't use Wrike.

Wrike works flawlessly.

As our department has added more members to the team, it is quick and easy to add new users to our team in Wrike. By having a clear structure in place with how projects are filed and built, I don't see there ever being an issue with scalability.

Customer Service: 10 out of 10. The few times I have had questions, I have found the customer service to be friendly, attentive and quick to respond.Technical Support: 10/10 - I've only had one issue with Wrike that required technical assistance. The technical support did a great job getting to the root of the problem and helping me correct it. I think the thing I liked the best was that the technical support quickly realized I had a firm understanding of the system, and didn't talk down to me or make me feel stupid. They met me at my level of expertise, and we quickly bypassed the more rudimentary solutions and got down to nuts and bolts.

We previously used Basecamp. We stopped using Basecamp because we needed a more robust solution for our department.

We straight forward. Admittedly, we did do an internal audit of all the projects we were doing and developed a structuring for managing those products.

In-house

I had been researching project management software for the last 4 years, 2 at my previous employer, and 2 at my current one. At my previous employer, we ended up continuing to work on an analogue folder system, where we passed job folders around, stuffed full of papers and notes because no system really fit the bill. At my current employer, we spent some time using internal systems and email, then moved to Basecamp and then one day happened on Wrike and never looked back.

What other advice do I have?

I would be 100% likely to renew Wrike due to everything I mentioned, but also because Wrike is constantly improving. With new features and improvements to the UI being introduced all the time, Wrike is a platform that I feel will exceed my expectations for years to come. Wrike seems to care about their customers, and work hard to anticipate their needs before they know they have them.
Director at a legal firm with 51-200 employees
Excellent Project Collaboration Platform

What is most valuable?

• Google Apps integration
  • Create tasks from e-mail
  • iOS app
  • Customizable dashboards
  • One task in multiple folders (folders as tags)

How has it helped my organization?

Prior systems were painful to use and team members did not take full advantage of PM systems for tracking project data. Wrike is so easy to get started with and so responsive that it is much easier to get team members to make it part of the workflow. Provides a much better overview of what people are working on and the status of project tasks than prior solutions.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to track units other than hours against a task (e.g. gigabytes, pages, etc.) Right now we have kludgy workarounds, but being able to select work units would be helpful.

I would also like to be able to track budgets in the tool. Wrike currently has no budgeting capabilities.

2 years

Customer Service: Excellent. Customer service has been responsive and knowledgeable.Technical Support: Excellent. In additional to great customer support, they have a rich, well organized library of articles and videos on all aspects of using the tool, for both beginners and advanced users. Their blog is also well written and a great way to keep abreast of new features and new ways of using the tool. Finally, they recently rolled out Wrike Club which allows you to engage other users to share tips.

Yes and I spend a lot of time researching options. The prior solution was full featured, but was just too complex and painful to use, especially the collaboration features. We felt it was more important to have a tool that employees would actually use and encouraged collaboration in the tool rather than by e-mail so that project conversations would be saved with the project, even if that means having to split budgeting, invoicing, and other financial features into another tool.

Very straight forward. The only gotcha is that Wrike is very flexible and our team was used to a very rigid system. It is important to spend time training the team and agreeing to certain protocols to avoid chaos.

In-house

Project.com; Zoho Projects; Microsoft Project w/ Sharepoint; MavenLink; BaseCamp; ZilicusPM
Director with 51-200 employees
Best PM system for managing distributed team

What is most valuable?

Time tracker, gmail and outlook plugins.

How has it helped my organization?

Cuts down on daily task organisation and communication.

What needs improvement?

Android App

Since May 2014

Best ever customer service.

Used Trello. It was getting hard to organise and follow individual tasks and it was lacking integrated time tracking at the time.

Straight forward after using PM systems for 10 years.

In house

I…

What is most valuable?

Time tracker, gmail and outlook plugins.

How has it helped my organization?

Cuts down on daily task organisation and communication.

What needs improvement?

Android App

Since May 2014

Best ever customer service.

Straight forward after using PM systems for 10 years.

In house

I measure ROI more in terms of time saved rather than money, so it is hard to measure but I am not giving it up any time soon.

Just the monthly fee

Trello, My Intervals, Basecamp, Timecamp

What other advice do I have?

Best ever, the fee is high but the level of software is unprecedented and I can't see myself going to any other one.
Director of IT with 51-200 employees
Best project manager ever

What is most valuable?

Dashboard customization

Homegrown, programmer left the company

Minimal

MS Project

What is most valuable?

Dashboard customization

Homegrown, programmer left the company

Minimal

MS Project
Senior Manager of Web Development at a religious institution with 51-200 employees
Good collaboration tool for our midsize company

What is most valuable?

Google Doc integration

How has it helped my organization?

We've been a lot more collaborative and communication has been better since starting to use Wrike

What needs improvement?

The pay model is in blocks of users - would be nice to add one user at a time

Over 2 years

More users are an additional fee

Customer Service: 8/10Technical Support: 8/10

We switched from Tracky - Wrike is a much more mature solution.

What is most valuable?

Google Doc integration

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

The pay model is in blocks of users - would be nice to add one user at a time

Over 2 years

More users are an additional fee

Customer Service: 8/10Technical Support: 8/10

We switched from Tracky - Wrike is a much more mature solution.
it_user152820
Project Manager with 51-200 employees
Provides project status visibility to managers and accountability for those that have fallen behind in tasks.

Valuable Features

The Time Tracking Mechanism and Contingencies Between Tasks.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides visibility to managers on their project status and accountability for those that have fallen behind in tasks.

Room for Improvement

Further integration with employees' calendars and emails to provide more visible reminders.

Use of Solution

18 months

There is a learning curve, so employees just starting out with Wrike take a few weeks to feel comfortable.

No issues

Customer Service: 10 out of 10.Technical Support: 10 out of 10.

Valuable Features

The Time Tracking Mechanism and Contingencies Between Tasks.

Room for Improvement

Use of Solution

18 months

No issues

Customer Service: 10 out of 10.Technical Support: 10 out of 10.

The initial setup was intuitive, but the training and support videos provided help in moving us to a more developed organizational system.

Implementation Team

This was implemented through an in-house team.

Other Advice

Take the time at the beginning to watch the training and support videos prior to getting started.
it_user150297
Digital Learning Strategies at a university with 51-200 employees
We were using Excel and Word to track our projects. We needed to switch because these weren't scalable or effective.

What is most valuable?

Task Function
  • It's easy to create, assign and monitor tasks. Wrike has excellent in-task communication and collaboration features. I also found the integration with Gantt Chart or Table/Excel schedule to be excellent.

Folder Structure for Project File Management

• It's intuitive and easy to use. The interface mirrors the basic Windows interface so it's easily learned by any team member. The copy function is also very useful.

Wrike Knowledge Base & Customer Support

• They have an excellent range of training documents and videos. Additionally, their live chat was phenomenal!

How has it helped my organization?

Using Wrike improved the way our organization functions in several ways:
  • It provides a single repository for all projects, inter and intra-team collaboration on projects, ability to reallocate resources across projects in a more agile manner, it gives project management more visibility and "Democratizes" project management by making the tools so easy to use that team members take more ownership of project tasks.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to room for improvement, making the Gannt Charts more printer friendly would be ideal.

I used Wrike for about 12-18 months at my last employer.

We didn't experience any issues with deployment.

We didn't experience any issues with stability.

We didn't experience any issues with scalability.

Customer Service: 10/10 - Excellent service. Could not ask for better.Technical Support: 10/10 - Excellent tech support. Could not ask for better.

Previously we were using Excel and Word documents to track our projects. We needed to switch because these weren't scalable or effective.

Absolutely straightforward. Very easy and straightforward.

We implemented in house/self directed implementation.

We did not calculate ROI...but the product is so cost-effective I'm sure benefits far exceeded our costs.

We didn't have any set up costs for Wrike. The monthly license was $125.

Before choosing this product we also evaluated Basecamp and Microsoft Project.

What other advice do I have?

Wrike virtually implements itself. The tools and features are so intuitive and easy to use, it's hard not to gain adoption. I would recommend getting a small project team to pilot it as a proof of concept. Wrike also has excellent documentation to encourage adoption from users and sponsorship from leadership/management.
it_user150282
Chief Operating Officer at a construction company with 51-200 employees
With 25 users currently, we have completed over 700 tasks and have 1200 active tasks.

What is most valuable?

Gantt charts and its robust functionality - allows for almost all project management to be done on the gantt chart view itself, from creating tasks to adding dependencies.

How has it helped my organization?

We're currently working on getting things done. The two most important elements of getting things done is first converting conversations and other interactions into actionable tasks and collaboration in completing these tasks. We measure planned percent complete every day and the numbers are slowly improving helping us meet our client's critical milestones and our own internal milestones.

What needs improvement?

The dataset that can be exported and built-in reports/dashboards needs improvement. Also need to be able to identify critical path, measure float, float variance, etc.

2 months

Almost none, it's so quick and easy to learn. With 25 users currently, we have completed over 700 tasks and have 1200 active tasks over the past 2 months. We ran one 2-hour training workshop only.

We switched because we wanted a stronger collaboration tool and better gantt chart functionality.

Initial setup is straightforward.

We implemented in-house.

$4/user/month

Microsoft Project, Asana, Trello

What other advice do I have?

Try the free version among one functional group for 1-2 weeks. Then when implementing, run several training workshops and also teach personal task management and collaborative responsibilities of task do-ers. Adopting project management software means 0 or 100%. So commit fully once you start. Less than 100% means tasks will disappear and critical paths cannot be managed.
it_user143982
CEO at a marketing services firm with 51-200 employees
With Wrike we’re able to keep projects on track because everything is super visible & updates are handled in “real time"

Valuable Features

The ability to assign a task or project to someone (or reassign to someone else), get updates from them in real time and keep everything about a task or project in one place.

Improvements to My Organization

It enables us to keep everyone focused on getting the most important work done. With Wrike we’re able to keep task and projects on track because everything is super visible (and there are very granular controls over who sees what in Wrike), updates or questions are able to be handled in “real time” due to the way Wrike captures update data and when tasks or projects run late everyone involved can see it and adjust accordingly.

Room for Improvement

The Wrike team has improved everything I thought that needed improvement already! The product has come a long way in the three years we’ve been using it.

Use of Solution

I have been using the solution for three years.

No, zero.

No, zero.

No, we’re already up to almost 100 users.

Customer Service: A+ for customer service.Technical Support: A+ for technical support.

Setup was simple. Since it’s a SaaS model, very easy.

We implemented in-house.

Our ROI is at least 10X.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It’s a subscription pricing model so we only pay the subscription fee and have never encountered any overage charges.

Other Solutions Considered

I looked at probably 20-30 other options. I don’t recall the ones I looked at since it was three years ago.

Other Advice

Get a free trial and give it a test drive.
Product Categories
Project Management Software
Download our free Project Management Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Wrike, monday, Atlassian, and more!